Lakewood: Just a BaCC [6th February, 2022]

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [5th October, 2018]

Post by Lorinsv »

Fun update for the Brokes! How do you like playing the TPC?
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [5th October, 2018]

Post by katrisims »

Thanks! :) I'm definitely enjoying the TPC. It's quite challenging with the sparse money and uncontrollable teens and all that. The theme is also fun and refreshingly different from most other challenges, or the ones I've tried so far anyway. It's fun to plan additions to the trailer(s) too, to try to make the lot look more real and fitting the theme with time.

Thanks for reading and commenting! :smoothie:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [3rd February, 2019]

Post by katrisims »

Despite winter being sucky, we're marching forward. Week 4, Part 6 is here! I hope you enjoy. :coffee:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Ben *is* too cute for an Uglacy, awwww :) I've read that the problem/advantage with Peter's genes lies with too much use of sliders in creating the Ottomai, because he and Samantha look fine to me. Perhaps mixing him with a simself would achieve a better result :D

Great to see Lakewood back, this makes me want to start playing again!
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Yeah, Ben is way too cute. That was kind of to be expected, as Peter is not his father, but he's the result of Bella's vacation fling from the previous week. And that guy was not uglacy material. Anyway, I'm hoping to have some nice results with Babette, I suppose that'll have to wait until next week! (And oooooh yeah, Peter and a simself, that would probably explode!)

Thanks for reading and commenting, I'm glad you enjoyed! :smoothie: Making someone want to play is always a good result. :)
onedayrobots
Origin ID: onedayrobots

Post by onedayrobots »

Caught up on your challenge! I really enjoyed reading through it, especially how each family is taking on one of the traditional sub-challenges as well. This seems like such a fun project that I've been talking with a friend of mine about adapting the rules to TS4 at some point (to all the TS4 packs, that is, since I haven't found any versions yet that go past the first few). I admit the Brokes are my favorite so far--I don't know if I ever really read any TPCs before, but now I'm going to have to look into that challenge, too!

I can't wait to see what happens next!
[align=center]ImageImage Image
ImageImageImage[/align]
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi, and welcome aboard! :wave: I'm glad you're enjoying the challenge so far. It's been fun to play, and the different sub-challenges seem to work well, as they make every household a bit different. The Brokes are one of my favorites, too. :) I can definitely recommend the TPC, it's a bit different as a challenge and fun to play, challenging too.

Thanks for reading and commenting! :donut:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [21st July, 2019]

Post by katrisims »

Time for an update! SimNano got me into gear, and with this, I reach my primary goal. (Still working on the secondary one.) Without further ado, Week 4, Part 7 is here! I hope you enjoy the finale of the week! :sun:
108sims
Origin ID: 108sims

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by 108sims »

Congratulations on not only reaching your primary goal, but also for unlocking service sims! Lakewood seems to be well on its way. Maybe next round we’ll see some babies for the family. :)
[align=center]Image
ImageImageImageImage[/align]
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi Allison, welcome aboard! :wave:

Thank you, I'm quite pleased with how things went. :) It did turn the update a bit grind-y, but that's okay, maybe the Trollsons get a more relaxed week next time. Maybe there'll be babies too, at least I hope they'll actually have the time to try for some! :lol:

Thank you for reading and commenting! :cookie:
apocalypticautumn
Steam ID: attackonautumn
Origin ID: attackonautumn

Post Counts

Post by apocalypticautumn »

Lakewood is hardly "just" a BaCC - you're juggling so many challenges here!! :jawdrop: I can barely keep track of one set of rules, this is really incredible! So excited for Week 5.
Autumn, Lv26 Magikarp✰
[spoiler]Currently Playing
TS2 - A B Chester: A Giekey Alphabetacy [May 31]
TS3 - The Spectrum's Rainbow Roulette

Elsewhere

Apocalyptic Sims :plumbob: Magikarp Wow
Tweeter&Backloggery[/spoiler]
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi Autumn, welcome aboard! :wave:

Heh, I didn't even think of it that way. :) For me, it was "just" a BaCC, because it's not a plotty story. I seem to be a bit of a challenge nut, I don't think I could even just play anymore, I always have to have one challenge or the other going. Lakewood is a lot of fun, and while I think I'll try to do the asylum first, I'm definitely looking forward to going back to these families.

Thanks for reading and commenting! ^^
graymondaysleep
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by graymondaysleep »

I binge read this whole BaCC and I LOVE IT! I love the fact you brought in pre-made sims and just gave them a whole new lease of life! All the little challenges you're doing in the BaCC makes every update a surprise.

I cannot wait to see what's installed for the next update! :D
Currently Playing:
Completed:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi Gray, welcome aboard! :wave: It's always a nice surprise to find someone has read the whole challenge with so many updates already. :blush: I'm glad you're enjoying it, all the different challenges are also keeping it fresh for me. :) I'm trying to do the Halloween Challenge first, but I'll be sure to return to Lakewood eventually. Thank you for reading and commenting! :cookie:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Hi, just read the Trollson Prettacy update!

Extending rotations through Monday is good for aspiring Tycoons and our own motivation! :mrgreen: Well done, William, and congrats to the couple! I love the randomness of Sim weddings. Can't wait to see babies.

Wow, Chloe's food stand was much more of a challenge than Diane Shin's in Mesa Vista. Perhaps because Diane already had her gold sales badge and some business perks from her store? I think I also set the price at dirt cheap because she didn't need the money, I just wanted a quick way to open Culinary, and it worked (kinda). One downside I discovered is a food stand "restaurant" doesn't satisfy the Dining Out want that Sims get, so I need to bite the bullet and establish a real one.

Congrats on passing 500 and getting all those services available!
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi, it's good to see you again! :wave:

Definitely, it's good for everyone! :D It'd be so frustrating if I had to wait for next rotation just because we're one day short of being able to make it to the top... Weddings are always fun, with the guests doing very sims things. :) I hope there's time for babies next rotation, because this one has been such a busy one!

Yeah I think Chloe's lack of badges and perks was definitely one of the challenges. I think I may have started off with a too high of a price, and the hungernator was probably at a too high setting at first. The customers were too hungry to buy food. :lol: Well that's some lessons learned I hope. I think I'll need to open a "real" restaurant too at some point, but I think that's somewhere in the future, when Lakewood gets bigger.

Thanks! This is an important step for Lakewood, and especially those services have been sorely missed. I think we'll be seeing a lot of maids being hired next rotation, and for the Brokes (who can't have one) it's even more important, because they need to get adopting dogs.

Thank you for reading and commenting! :cookie: This made me remember how I miss playing Lakewood; I'm still trying to finish the Halloween thing first. (Everything always takes more time than you'd think. :snail: )
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Lakewood: Just a BaCC [17th May, 2021]

Post by katrisims »

At long last, I have an update for Lakewood! The Halloween thing that lasted a year kind of got in the way... Well, in any case, Week 5, Part 1 with the Davidsons is now here, I hope you enjoy! :donut:
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Spoiler:
Yeah i have missed this. I did read it yesterday but forgot to comment. The family are doing really well. And the first lot of children go to college.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Hi Katri! It's good to see Lakewood again, and thanks for the neighborhood tour, I enjoyed it :)

The Davidsons are a nice family (such hip elders! :D ), and I like how you decorated their kitchen. I also enjoyed seeing a good ol' Legacy challenge and of course the Legacy score as well. I've never played one, perhaps I should... :hmm:

Good going, good progress! You're making me want to play mine again :party2:
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Peachy:
Spoiler:
They're doing quite nicely indeed. It also feels good to be actually sending someone to the college Lizzie worked so hard to found. To think of it, it's kind of nice that the first students will be her own kids.
Lorinsv:

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I was requested for neighborhood pictures IRL, and they're quite fun, although it all looks a bit empty right now.

The Davidsons are maybe a little "basic" as a family, but they're nice. I decided Lizzie and Ajay would be the type that wouldn't be the type to let getting old get in the way of looking and being the way they want. :heart: There is something special about playing a legacy, too, it's the challege after all. Definitely something to try at least once. ;)

Thanks! If I've made you want to play, I think that's mission accomplished then! ^^

Thanks to you both for reading and commenting! :pie:

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”