Iron Values: Trailer Park Challenge (19/September/18)

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Iron Values: Trailer Park Challenge (13/09)

Post by Keika »

Hey there, Mia! Just finished reading what you've got posted here! Hilarious, every bit of it! :#1:
Spoiler:
Since I just read about thirteen chapters over the last couple of days, this is going to be kind of a vague reply, but it was awesome! :D

Just a couple things. One: thanks for the shoutout! :)

Two: Oh come on, doesn't Livermorium get a nickname? You could call him Liver... oh... how about Livvie--no... um, Morium? No... uh... okay, I see your point. :haha:

Three: Holy cow, you deserve a medal for raising more than thirteen kids at once. That's incredible. And also really rotten luck, to have quads right after a set of triplets. I would probably have thrown a fit and rage-quit for a little bit. :haha: So, have a :cookie: and some :lemonade: , you probably need them.

Okay, that's it. Looking forward to more! :D
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Wow, praise from Caesar! I try to write stuff that would be amusing for myself to read, so it's fun to see other people enjoying my chapters.
Spoiler:
The joys of binge-reading...

1: You're welcome

2: Wait, I think I got one: Lee. Not very specific, but better than Livermorium.

3: Wait, there's thirteen kids? *counts on fingers* No, I have thirteen SIMS :haha: But thanks for the cookie and lemonade, I'll be taking them anyway *joink* Go check out Shan's TPC: She's got way more kids.

Thanks for reading! I'm looking forward to it too, this fanily is oodles of fun to play and write. Maybe because it's not success-oriented.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Ani-Mei:

"But tis nice to see I passed on my multiples curse someone else can suffer. "

So THAT'S where my trips and quads came from! :shakes fist in Ani-Mei's general direction.

Actually, it's fun, if you love a challenge, which I do.

Pony:

I read somewhere that there is a fix for that, but you have to go into some text file and edit numbers. I'm not sure which file, and can't remember where I found it, but if you're determined to have extra large households, I recommend searching for that text file fix. Basically, you can change the maximum number of sims AND pets to some ridiculously high number, and it's never an issue again. Without the text change, though, you can have more sims born into the house, but have trouble moving anyone in. With the number changed in the text document, though, you can move in any amount of sims, until your computer explodes. I think I read about it at ModTheSims, but I'm not sure.

As for Livermorium, how about Liv?
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Like I mentioned in the response to Keika, I think I'll start calling him Lee. Liv sounds a bit too feminine to me, plus it means "life" in Swedish.

Michelle, I feel as if you comment more in this thread than I do xD I am sorry if I don't reply to all comments as soon as I see them, I have been feeling a bit powerless these last few weeks. And besides, you guys deserve better responses from me than "K thanks cya".
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: Iron Values: Trailer Park Challenge (16/11)

Post by Radiochocolate »

Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Scary cat ghost is scary. 0_0 I do miss my TPC, but not in a rush to start another one since I've already got my Apocalypse so close to finishing. Anyway, spare updates are fun. And lacking comment is lacking. Nice chappie.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Awww!
Spoiler:
I like the spare updates! I like how you put them in the trailer park, but they're not (at least not obviously) being held to the same rules, themselves. Maybe The Cute One will go to college, after all, even if she's not Knowledge.

It's great seeing the spares progress! And not. Couples Counseling is kinda worthless, huh?
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Noodles' ghost is freakish. So far he's only scared Denene, and repeatedly at that (vengeance?). A lacking comment is still a comment, and I thank you for it.
Michelle:
Spoiler:
I've been planning their lives in the trailer park for so long, but it didn't really turn out the way I visioned (not that I'm complaining). I am trying to keep the spares in the same trailer-y spirit as the challenge, but it feels relieving to be able to loosen the rules as I want. The Cute One will probably go to college, I'm already pinning her down as something between Knowledge and Fortune. The other kids? Time will tell ;)

Couples counseling in Sims 2 really only works if the "patients" have a mutual positive relationship with the counselor. Off-camera, Denene and Gordon have actually improved their relationship and even gotten back to crush status. I'm planning for them to move out due to several story-esque reasons (Pras, Pras's dead cat, the lack of space). Hopefully the Rauta kids will bring the twins over from school :D Thanks for reading!
raebeth47

Post Counts

Post by raebeth47 »

Yay, finally got caught up on this! Really enjoying the story.
Spoiler:
Wow, bad luck with the multiples! I just finished playing a family with 9 kids in my BaCC. They live in a huge house, and everyone's controllable, and it was still a rough time to play it. On the upside, Neo might get a 10 kids want.

Love the updates on the spares!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

For those who clicked upon seeing this bumped: nope, no update yet. It'll come though (I love this family too much to give up on it).

Why thank you, Raebeth!
Spoiler:
If she'd roll a 10 kids want, I'd probably try to fulfil it, even with the risk of her own life (lol). The last time I attempted one was with the Ottomases, and now they make up at least half of the hood. I don't feel like playing them but I still want to keep all the households synced, so something may happen to them :shiftyeyes: Thanks for reading!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: Iron Values: Trailer Park Challenge (07/Sep/16)

Post by Radiochocolate »

Update!

Chapter 14: It's bouncier this way! (Part 1 of 3)

I split the chapter one into three parts since the total amount of slides ended up being 200-something. I'll try to get the rest up soon.
Last edited by Radiochocolate on September 7th, 2016, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, boy! I love this one!

It was hilarious, as always. I love your writing style.
Spoiler:
Don't the rules say that you treat inheritance the same way you do a rich spouse? So, for $1000, you get to spend it as you wish? maybe you should "kaching."
Your kids are all so cute!

Oh, btw, the link in the thread base works fine, but the link in your update post sends us to the heir poll.

And you've inspired me. Since I will be focusing October on Youngdale, I think it's time in September to do at least one update in each of my other stories.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

@Michelle: Thanks for the nice comment! Thanks for pointing out the link issue, it's fixed now.
Spoiler:
Those rules are for when a member of the family leaves inheritance. Peter Ottomas didn't live in the trailer, so I didn't find it fair to keep the money. Then again, they're dirt poor...
I'm going with a new challenge for SimNaWriMo, but I'll try to balance with updates for the TPC and QBC as well. It'll be in the same hood as the TPC though, so I'll have to ban all playable sims from the lot in order to prevent spoilers :lol:
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: Iron Values: Trailer Park Challenge (13/Sep/16)

Post by Radiochocolate »

Part 2 is up!

No new LJ post (I simply edited the old one), so here's a direct link to view it on Slideshare.

I could have crammed even more pictures in there to balance the next one, but I felt like the last scene was a good way to end it.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: Iron Values: Trailer Park Challenge (29/Dec/16)

Post by Radiochocolate »

Look, I managed to finish part 3 of chapter XIV before 2017!

New Year's resolution: write shorter chapters.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: Iron Values: Trailer Park Challenge (25/March/17)

Post by Radiochocolate »

Bump!

1) Part 1 of the third spares update (Stop suffering, you dimwit) is now up.

2) This challenge won a Golden Plumbbob! Thank you to the one who nominated and the ones who voted :D "Funniest Sims 2 Story" is quite the honor.

3) I've renamed the spares chapters to what it says on the first slide instead of ".5", so it won't get confusing with the different parts. The slideshare link and some LJ titles will probably still be the same, but I don't want to meddle with that right now.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Just read this from the beginning today. Great story! I wish I had seen this a long time ago!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Sorry I got behind in reading. For some reason, I didn't see posted updates, and thought I wasn't behind...

Anyway
Spoiler:
SQUEEEEE! Seriously, the end of Chapter 14 made me squee out loud, in delight! Also, the house is cute in a "my eyes are bleeding" sort of way. :wizard:

I had forgotten how much I liked reading the family's antics, and how hard it was to keep everyone straight. Frankly, I've stopped trying to tell all the kids apart, now. Except Neppie, of course.

Great wedding. So excited.

I like seeing the spares, and how they are living and all. The kids growing up. The Maxis messages we almost never see. And now, once again, I'm left hanging, waiting for another update!
This is such a fun read!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: Iron Values: Trailer Park Challenge (04/April/17)

Post by Radiochocolate »

Second part of the spares update is now up! (Slideshare)
The heir poll will be up once chapter XV is (or if it ends up into parts, once most of the kids are teens).

Jenn: I'm always delighted to learn about new readers!

Michelle:
Spoiler:
I've been waiting for your reaction :bounce: What do you think of the second part?

Playing spares feels like an extra mile many won't take, but knowing at least one reader enjoys it makes it worth it. Although I'll probably merge them into fewer households once the kids grow older (I'm thinking this as a retirement home).
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Iron Values: Trailer Park Challenge (04/April/17)

Post by Jenn »

Hahaha!
Spoiler:
I love that lot and making it a retirement home is pure genius.
I love reading spare updates :D I do mine randomly when I need a break from aspiration failures and noogie parties.
Pion is adorable and funny. I just love her!
Quads. Poor Neppie. I can't wait to see them grow up.

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”