Iron Values: Trailer Park Challenge (19/September/18)

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: Iron Values: Trailer Park Challenge (30/06)

Post by Radiochocolate »

Oh goody! I'm looking forward to it even though I haven't read more than a couple of slides of the first chapter.

Go nuts. I'll shamelessly mention it in a future chapter just to be able to brag about having a sim worth downloading.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Yeah, I've already got plans for him, in a future generation. I have to get him settled in, of course.

Also, I did a "stealth shout out," in Chapter 2. That is to say, it's a reference, and points to anyone who gets it. But I didn't say as much. Whoopsie.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

:jawdrop: Wow lot's of chapters, *cracks knuckles* well I shall start this sooner then later. Will be back with comments.

Chapter 1 Comments (random thoughts I had while reading, taking mental notes on your narration) :
Spoiler:
-You know one day I will learn Finish just to show you I can pronounce things correctly. Love the name idea though! And how you teach so well in these sometimes.
-I actually watched a documentary about Finish saunas, and how people found interesting places to make a sauna (personally I've only ever been in one, and was too young to understand the point).
-Huh can understand having an addiction with the Energizer, a reason why only one family is allowed to use them without having to pay a fee.
-Oh fainting, the reason why I question to ever try this challenge.... I can't handle watching them like that.
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

*looks at Bouncer's post date* Sheise, I've been avoiding this thread for that long?
Spoiler:
- Good luck if you ever attempt to learn "that one alien language" as someone once called it :P
- Saunas are, like, the essence of Finnishness. People were born in them before hospitals started emerging. According to what I've seen most apartments even have them o.O Well, it is a cold country...
- Dates + Energizer = Platinum maxmotives
- It's funny how some of my pregnant sims faint every 5 secs, and some go practically unnoticed.
Big thanks to everyone who's reading, I have an update going and I promise to publish it ASAP! Preferrably before I start school again, que sera, sera.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: Iron Values: Trailer Park Challenge (11/08)

Post by Radiochocolate »

One spares update and one main chapter!

11.5: Now kiss!
XII: If I'm not looking, it's not cheating
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Just read the latest, and you had me chuckling! Who knew aspirations could be so devious, as to abduct others for ransom?

Oh, the irony!

Also, I'm loving seeing more of Neppy here. I just adore him.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Indeed.

I think it's one of the best puns I've ever accomplished to make in my life. Which now that I think about it sounds a bit sad.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Neppy reacts in your bachelor challenge >:) Thanks for the comment, Michelle :alien:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Well, I have completed the bachelor challenge, and I'm uploading the files now, so you should be able to read about him very shortly, assuming I don't have any problems with the files. That was so much fun to play, and to write.

Get this: We have three bolts of chemistry! In fact, Neppy has the best chemistry with me, of all the bachelors.

Edit, of COURSE I'm getting error messages all over AuthorStream. Phooey.

Well, it will be up as soon as I can get it all up.
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

Caught up, and I want more! xD Have so many bookmarks on the other challenges you brought up. Though I think I'm going to continue reading your other challenges.... Really enjoy your writing style, hope I can write as well as you one day.
Spoiler:
There hasn't been a TPC I read that a sim didn't die... (Lack of vegetables in sim trailer parks?). Really like how you show the entire family as it grows, can't wait for another update!
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Just caught up which wasn't easy since Slideshare doesn't want to load today. I haven't gotten to 11.5 and 12 yest since it doesn't want to load and it's annoying me. So you're going with Ben Longnose huh? That should be fun to see how they breed if their first born is any indication. When it wants to work again I'll finish commentating.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Bouncer:
Oh you :hug: :smooch: That comment just made my day. I'm really happy to see that the effort I put into writing pays off!
Spoiler:
I really thought that Ilo would be the first one to go. See why I don't dare to attempt an ISBI?
Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Yeah, slideshare can be a real pain in the bum. Let's just say that the nose will be sticking around for a while. I'm not expecting a great deal of variation since both parents are blonde and the custom eyes are über-dominant. Maybe if I acquire some alternative genetical donors...
I'm aching to open this household and play to my heart's content, but as I've previously mentioned (somewhere) I've just started high school and won't be having much free time (as evidenced by me writing this post on the way to school, which is about an hour in traffic for those of you who are interested). In addition I've just started in a theatre group which I'm really excited about ^.^
I'm currently working bit by bit on an update for the asylum. I promise to write at least one TPC update before December 1st!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: Iron Values: Trailer Park Challenge (13/09)

Post by Radiochocolate »

11 days, people. Don't say I don't keep what I promise.

I was debating on whether to name this chapter "The Clone Wars" or "Generation of Nice", but I think I made the right call.

XIII:Irresponsible parents

(If my Mom asks when I went to bed, I'm blaming you guys for wanting an update. Because I'm just that mature.)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

My comment must be brief, because I'm woozy and queasy (new pain med patch - I'm permanently high. Bother), so I won't tell you all the comments that popped into my head in reply to each of your slides.

I really did enjoy this chapter, and laughed out loud several times. I just think it's hilarious that
Spoiler:
Neppie keeps trying to give the toddlers baths. LOL! Oh, the irony. Also, I loved his thing with the gnomes. Poor Neppie. I hope he's not miserable forever. Once he moves out, he can live however he likes, though, no TPC rules need apply, right?
Also:
Spoiler:
I don't think it's cheating if the dogs are locked out of the nursery. Just call the pet cushions "Toddler blankets," instead. It's a known, and recognized CC that no one seems to frown upon, unless it's one of those super-challenges where no CC is allowed. And goodness' knows, you need something to help with all those kids!

And I loved the date, where the store clerk told them to kiss.

Why isn't Livermorium's nickname "Liver"? Being called Liver is almost as bad as having no nickname, at all, IMO. I HATE eating liver. Well, at least he'd be safe from all the cannibalism jokes in an asylum challenge. (I think it was Rosie (Keika's sister) who had the asylum challenge with all the cannibalism jokes.)
Nice chapter!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Spoiler:
I wanted to use the 1-tile toddler beds, but they just won't stop glitching *frown* Zero nice points + bathing is evil = Constant toddler baths. Don't worry about him, I've got plans for when he's grown up... *rubs hands mischievously* I was thinking about Liv or Liver, but Liv sounds a bit too feminine. Liver's just downright worse. I don't remember Rosie doing any asylum challenges, but I do recall an abandoned one with cannibalism jokes...
Thanks for reading!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

The Hill Asylum! That's the one! Thanks for the link!

Oh, wow! I just noticed that was yours. LOL!

Any chance you'll get back to it, or did your neighborhood go 'splody on you?
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Nah, I got tired of it after a while, plus the neighborhood was kind of corrupted, so I deleted it. Might have a back-up from before the challenge.

This family is my favorite, but Minuura's Mission is next on the updating rotation, then (hopefully) Oh Lorde, so you'll have to wait a while for the spares update.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
13 Sims huh? After doing a WYD that's nothing. Pssh. But tis nice to see I passed on my multiples curse someone else can suffer. :diablo: Yes I am mean but it's funny to see others get unwanted multiples. Well Slideshare wanted to work today so I got to read the rest of 12 and 13 too. Nice to see that doublewide is getting some useage.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Spoiler:
I'm actually not all that mad, quads are worse in Solfège *shrug* More options for the heir poll, right? Yes, I made the right call when choosing the double-wide over a truck, though I wouldn't mind another trailer to go with it... *waiting for inheritance money* Thanks for reading!
Sorry to hear that people are having troubles with slideshare... Let's hope the lags go away soon, since I don't want to switch to authorstream :P
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Yay I'm all caught up! On this challenge at least. I'll be catching up on the rest as soon as I can.
Spoiler:
So many kidlets. Isn't the Trips and Quads hack so much fun. The doggies can't breed because there's too many sims in the house. For some reason the larger household hack doesn't give pets the option to breed if there's more than ten. I got around it in Arbor Watch by moving Abby to different lot with the dogs I wanted to breed. I bred them and moved them back in the main house. I donated the extra money away so I wouldn't be cheating. This is a fun challenge! I like how you keep the trailer look for the house. And soo many kids, with more pregnancies needed. The energizer is a good friend indeed. Can't wait to see more!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Spoiler:
The trips & quads hack is going to be the death of me... Oh, so that's why! Makes sense. I think they'll have enough money to adopt a puppy or two when the time comes. All hail the energizer! Thanks for reading, more is coming up (eventually)!

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”