Bonita's Wants, a Great Boolprop Olympic Challenge [June 12th 2022]

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Bonita's Wants, a Great Boolprop Olympic Challenge [June 12th 2022]

Post by katrisims »

Welcome to Bonita's Wants! This is a Great Boolprop Olympic Challenge, for 2022's Summer Sim Challenge. The challenge's star is Bonita Curious from the Lakewood BaCC, and here she attempts to fulfill 100 Wants over the summer. If needs be, we can stop at an earlier hurdle to make the deadline. Without further ado, I hope you enjoy the challenge!

Updates:
Hurdle 1
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Bonita's Wants, a Great Boolprop Olympic Challenge [June 12th 2022]

Post by Sam »

:wave:
Spoiler:
This is a fun little challenge I'm not familiar with, so I look forward to seeing how this progresses!
Getting the career she wants right off the bat is insanely good luck! In fact, things are going really well for Bonita! Weird how there's no playables or townies or anything, I didn't know Clean Templates would do that! I'm with you on the shy sim compliments, so cute! The new townies seem like a fun bunch :lol:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi Sam! :wave:
Spoiler:
The challenge is new to me too, and so far it's been a lot of fun. :) I like how versatile it is too, depending on what you choose as the activity, it could be a totally different challenge, and you can also tune the difficulty level to your liking with that. I think I'll re-do it some time with a different activity.

Oh yeah, Bonita is doing great. ^^ I think the job being there on the first day must be my game trying to make up how hard finding the right job was in my Asylum. :lol:

I didn't realize that about clean templates before either. I think it's because now on my current computer I have more of them I did on my old one, and I hadn't opened all 'hoods before installing them. Well, I was originally intending to get to know the actual residents of Desiderata Valley, but randomized ones seem to work well too. :)
Thanks for reading and commenting! :cookie:
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Hi Katri, nice to see you again!

This looks like a fun little challenge, I might have to try it! :spin:
Spoiler:
Romance, Popularity and Pleasure (perhaps Family too) would be good for stepping outside my usual proclivity for choosing Fortune and Knowledge.
Image Image
ISTJ
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi Laurie, it's good seeing you too! ^^

Yeah it'd definitely been fun so far, I like how flexible it is! You could pick a different activity and have a completely different challenge basically, and you can tune the difficulty to your liking too. So yeah, I can recommend this one for a shorter challenge. :thup:
Spoiler:
It's good to do something a little different sometimes. I'd probably pick Knowledge and maybe Family all the time if I wasn't so used to rolling for aspirations that I do it even when not required by the rules. Bonita is Knowledge/Family because that's what she rolled in Lakewood. I don't know, maybe a different aspiration would be more exciting for this, but well, as she's supposed to work on her LTW and her career too it works nicely for that too. It could be fun to do the Wants version of this challenge with a Romance sim or something, too. :hmm:
Thanks for reading and commenting! :cookie:
Boo
Origin ID: MightyMinestrone
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post by Boo »

This is so fun! I'm thinking about doing something similar, honestly. Is that okay? I'll credit you. :)
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi Boo! I'm glad you're enjoying the challenge. ^^ And absolutely go for it, no need to credit me as I didn't invent the challenge. :) It's this one here on Boolprop. It's a fun one, and very versatile. Have fun! :)
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Finally read the first update! Looks like Bonita Is having a lot of fun! So happy you figured out the townie thing so she could get some romance :haha: also, Knowledge sims and their skilling wants! I remember I used to love them for that same reason when I played sims 2, they make for some great point banks :tongue:

I hope the challenge keeps going this great for you!

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”