Problem Deciding Heir

Laura

Post Counts

Problem Deciding Heir

Post by Laura »

I'm not sure if anyone's run into this problem before (or if there is a solution) but what do you do if you have an heir poll and there is a tie.
I originally though oh, I'd just choose! but I can't. Is that bad? I'm so attached to both Sims. (There are just 2 to choose from.)
Help?

A Gray Legacy - A Sims 3 LTW Legacy (COMPLETE) // Population 2 - A Sims 3 Zombie Aftermath Challenge (Stage 1)

A Very Evil Alphabetcy - A Sims 4 Alphabet Legacy (Gen I - Graveyard) // The Wonder Child Project - A Sims 4 Challenge (COMPLETE)
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Problem Deciding Heir

Post by Teresa »

You can always run the poll again as a tie breaker with just those two (I can't remember off the top of my head if it was just those two originally). You will generally get a different vote the second time as maybe different people participate. Good luck!
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Lorsty

Post by Lorsty »

Have them fight to the death!

Uhmm, I ususally pick my heirs based on primogeniture (whoever was born first) or whoever has the highest relationship with the previous heir. If I can't use any of those (multiple births and they both had good relationship with their parent) I go with whoever has the highest skills.

Although, if I'm feeling particularly nasty, I make them fight and I pick whoever wins. >.>
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

Since I decided that poll-heir-choosing counts as "Random Heir Law" I guess I would just roll for it if I had a tie. Or repoll. Having them fight it out does have its appeal.... Hrm.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

:rotfl: Lorsty! That is such a good idea! :haha:

I usually pick my heirs based on whose face looks like it'll play well with other faces, and then aspiration and personality (or traits and LTW for TS3 and TS4) also factor in. I look for variety, myself.

And then if I really can't choose, I flip a coin or roll a dice. If I find that I'm disappointed with the outcome, that means I really do favor one over the other, and the loser wins. :P

Although I think I like Lorsty's suggestion of fighting to the death better. :D
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Haha, ive come across this sometimes. Infact i just had a generation where i was really struggling. Just keep playing for a few more sim days and see who your gut is saying to pick. Pick someone who will produce cute babies and be fun to play. :L
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

When I had a tie, I flipped a coin to decide between my top two. :)

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”