Legacy Spares as Legacy Spouses in other Legacies

spesimen

Post by spesimen »

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, so let me know if it needs to go somewhere else.

I get really attached to my legacy sims, even the spares and I usually follow them around town, keep them included in family activities so that I know what they're up to. I love seeing them developing their own stories outside the legacy. Sometimes though, they fall into obscurity, never meet that special someone and die alone :( So I was thinking that we here could put spares up for download to marry into other legacies. This will obviously go against the stricter rules of the challenge, and I know that doesn't appeal to all. I am a rebel (or at least pretend to be) and would be really open to that!

This can of course apply to other sims games, I just put it in Sims 4 Legacy chat as I'm currently playing a sims 4 legacy. I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of this so if this is a repeat idea, please let me know.

Would this interest anyone?
Chels
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Steam ID: Chiance
Origin ID: Chelsey_m23
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: Legacy Spares as Legacy Spouses in other Legacies

Post by Chels »

I wouldn't mind having one of your spares in my legacy could make for an interesting spin :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
spesimen

Post by spesimen »

That would be awesome!! I suppose I should have thought of how to handle this. I suppose just uploading them to the gallery works, if people use it, and making up a random hashtag for them? Like provide your creator name and "#legacynamehere
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Another idea could be to also include the #boolprop tag if you wanted.
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Chels
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Chels »

If you upload them to the gallery and then give me your origin ID I can look up your creations. Mine is Chelsey_m23

spesimen

Post by spesimen »

My origin ID is spesimen07. I do have custom content on them but I think they just adjust to whatever you have available in your game.
Chels
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Chels »

Ok I'll take a look tonight :) I'm excited!
I'm going to start reading your legacy tonight too!

spesimen

Post by spesimen »

Awesome! I just sped read yours, you're much further along than me ahaha.

For you and anyone else reading this who wants to participate, please let me know if the sims work in your game. They should all be young adults.
Chels
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Chels »

I couldn't find your stuff when I looked up your ID use the #boolprop I'll put a few of my spares there too
spesimen

Post by spesimen »

Ah weird. I'll check on that when I get home today.
orangeplumbob

Post by orangeplumbob »

I actually did this with a friend during our Sims 3 Legacies. She took my spare and married him with one of her spares, and wrote about it. Became this huge story arc in both our blogs. I've also seen where someone uses one of their own spares and creates a new legacy and makes that spare a founder in some AU type thing. And I never follow the rules... If it works for the story you want to portray, why not, especially if you are working with other legacy writers and created some interesting cross-overs. That's always fun!

spesimen

Post by spesimen »

I am glad I am not the only one to shirk the rules for the sake of story. The idea about have an AU legacy is really cool!

I found out why my content wasn't appearing in the gallery. Because I do use CC in my game when you're searching for my ID, under the "Advanced" button on the left, you have to make sure "Include Custom Content" is checked. Even if they don't have custom content on the sim, if you have anything at all in the CC folder, it assumes the upload has it too. I did add #boolprop to my descriptions as well.
Chels
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Chels »

Yes! Now I see everything created! Thank you. I'm going to get my spares uploaded tonight. You can use them if you want. Have you guys seen our Join Legacy thread? Joint Legacy Thread

We also have simselves with the #boolprop if you want any boolprop members running around in your game. :idea:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I can't speak for Sims 4, but for Sims 2, definitely, you can download any character you want, make them townies, and they become fair game. Because when you move them in, from BodyShop, it's just the genetics and clothes and their personality, so you're not "cheating" by putting in pre-played sims with skills and talent badges, and the like.

I think it's similar for Sims 3 - if you load them up, just for the looks, and assign the right personality, and then plop them in your game, and let Story Progression take over, they should be fair game.

Of course, even if you load them up with all their skills and history, they are fair game for "pixel donation," without marrying them in. I once had a man get a "pixel donor" baby with a female, by moving her and the baby in, and then kicking her right back out, so it works, if you go that way. Maybe "familyfunds" cheat the money away, if they bring any with them.

But then again, I'm more of a "spirit of the law" than "letter of the law" sort of person, and if it works for the story, I'll use it.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”