Handling Spares

dizzydor

Handling Spares

Post by dizzydor »

So what do you guys do with spares? Do they get a life outside the family or are they banished to neighborhood stream to fend for themselves? What little tips or tricks do you do to help them be happy out in the world outside a legacy house?
lumasong

Post Counts

Re: Handling Spares

Post by lumasong »

It depends on the Sim, really, and how likely I am to complete their Aspirations or career goals alongside the heir's family.

My first 2nd-Gen spare, Russell, was married and TFB'd before moving out. They had two sons, though technically the second was illegal because I had to switch to their household and initiate it. But I did it for the sake of testing, so I'm not feeling too guilty there.
My second 2nd-Gen spare, Van, also married. However, I loved him and his wife so much, I let them live out their entire lives and complete all Aspirations and Career goals in the main household. They did not have any children, but it was more because I felt they wouldn't want them than anything else. Their graves will stay in my graveyard.
My third 2nd-Gen spare, Ray, I didn't care for much as he was growing up, alas. He was the adopted son for his father's aspiration and not being eligible for heirship meant I didn't pay much attention to him. :( I thought about getting him married, but he was always kind of a loner. Ultimately, I had him adopt a son of his own and moved them out. That son, Beckett, comes over all the time and has been good friends with all of Generation 3 and 4 so far. Never saw Ray again.

My first 3rd-Gen spare, Veronica, is a sassy, hot-headed lady keen on mischief and a criminal career. My intention was for her to top her career and move out, but she's sooooo slooooooooooooow about it, she may end up staying after all. Plus, if she leaves, who will take care of the garden?
My second 3rd-Gen spare, Helena, I just plain didn't like. No particular reason for it, she was just always being overshadowed by Veronica. I moved her out straight away, though she still comes over often. Given Veronica's tendency for mischief and mean interactions, she's Veronica's only actual friend.

And that's pretty much it so far! 4th-Gen are still children and being born, so who knows?
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

I have to admit, normally once a spare is gone from the house i dont play them. I just dont have the time to, i wish i could! Im a lazy legacier. :p
dizzydor

Post by dizzydor »

Lumasong, I love the ones who take forever. It's as if they can sense once they finish it they are out on their own haha. Did you have any problems come up from switching the household for Gen 1 Spares illegal second kid?

I'm not all that strict when it comes to points, and I just love when the spares kids come and visit and become friends with their cousins. The idea of legacy spares not having their own families makes me sad, unless they don't "want" a family based on traits.

Abby, I get that too. In S3 once they were out of the house it was kind of a fend for yourself and I'll forget about you unless you visit kind of deal. But in S2 my legacies kind of became a neighborhood round style of play where the spares got their own time to shine too.
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

dizzydor wrote:Did you have any problems come up from switching the household for Gen 1 Spares illegal second kid?
Nothing beyond what I usually get from leaving Sims behind when I leave the lot. They all mysteriously forgot what tasks I set them to and ran off to paint or some nonsense, and their needs jumped around a bit, but that was it.
JennMarie

Post by JennMarie »

I've only have had one of my generation 2 spares move out and start his own family. He had one boy named Neil and his father would visit frequently(he had the family aspiration). Neil grew up to be an mean evil music lover. He is dating a pianist and they have a child together.
SammySama7
Syria

Post Counts

Post by SammySama7 »

So I use other peoples spares in my Miller-Yang legacy and marry them to my heirs, if anyone has their spares up in the gallery please let me know, it'll also point me in the direction of your legacies to read.
In my own legacies, I tend to upload my spares to the gallery and then just move them out into the neighborhood. Sometimes I'll get them married but most of the time I don't.

Return to “Sims 4 Chat”