Arc-en-Ciel Rainbowcy: COMPLETED! Oct. 28th

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Arc-en-Ciel Rainbowcy: COMPLETED! Oct. 28th

Post by Ani-Mei »

Last edited by Ani-Mei on October 28th, 2016, 12:07 am, edited 46 times in total.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Arc-en-Ciel Rainbowcy

Post by Sam »

Ooh, this is exciting! Can't wait to see what you come up with :)
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Arc-en-Ciel Rainbowcy: Episode 1 Mar. 7th

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
As if you managed to get such a massive meteor straight off the bat! Mine were a lot smaller when that happened, and there was no fire!

Oasis Landing is awesome! I do enjoy the Into the Future ep. I love the sprites, too, and the weird holographic musical instrument! If you end up with a Virtuso sim and they have one of those, they WILL play it at every opportunity :)

Aw and a baby to finish up the chapter - looking forward to seeing more of Pomegranate.

I find that it does take a little bit of time to get used to playing TS3. Heck the first time I played a TS3 ISBI a kid died in a house fire! But hopefully it'll get easier with practise :) I found that, anyway.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Sam:
Spoiler:
I seriously did, freaked me right out. There was one gigantic one, two large and one small all at once. I don't know how to cheat a meteor strike in Sims 3. I didn't see them actually hit the ground Clear was en route and I had no idea where it was headed to crash. I put them in her inventory because they can sell for money, especially the giant one it's worth over $3000. If I analyze them it may end up going higher than that. The Gatherer trait helps I think, Clear finds rarer stones and metals with it. She found unsmelted Palladium that way. That is worth a lot.

Ah so it's Oasis Landing, not springs k then. Yes I will go back there to get more crystal flowers and nanites to feed my Sprites. Also to see the change in her descendants since I got the message three times that something had changed in the future. I didn't take a lot of pictures, I don't have screen capture abilities so you never see the pop ups. She was attacked by a zombie, ended up with Pestilence curse moodlets, I was afraid she was going to die so I went to Edit Town and placed an Elixer shop. I got the cure all and it cured her Witchcraft! >_< so I bought another one to change her back into one.

Yeah, I'm still figuring out Sims 3. Anyway, Pomegranate is not going to be the only Red gen baby, I have three names I want to use so I need two more.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
If you leave the meteors on the lot, they supposedly attract aliens. You know, if you wanted abductions later on. I knew they sold for quite a bit - one of my sims had one, but I kept it for aliens.
Last edited by Sam on March 7th, 2016, 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Need to fix your spoiler, and I still have them for whenever I get an available male. There's Blair but there's plenty of time for aliens, like generation Green.
DreamWeaver

Post Counts

Post by DreamWeaver »

Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Love your founderess. Aw, how cute are the sprites.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Dreamweaver:
Spoiler:
She is lovely, I wanted to start with recessives so she got blond hair and yellow eyes. Only thing grey on her are the clothes and the makeup. It's grey-ish so it's close enough. I have the No Mutant Gene fix so I won't end up with green haired kids from blond founding pairs. And I am braving the lag to play more of the birth of Red generation. Those sprites are cute aren't they?
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, boy! This promises to be fun!
Spoiler:
I think Clear looks very nice, and Blair - is that Blair Wainwright? Married to Susan? Yeah, I played him as a married-in spouse once. Such a pain with him being so much older, and you just CAN'T tell. There's a reason why my founders ALWAYS go for gardening. I love those life fruit, and they're great for balancing ages.

What is this SP that messes your game? Stuff Packs?

Pomegranates! I love them! Also, they are the reason we have winter. Because Persephone ate six of those little pips. Cool story. Also, the Pomegranate is a symbol of fertility, so she's make a good heir, maybe.
I look forward to seeing more of this, Ani-Mei!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Michelle:
Spoiler:
No, it's Blair Churchill the other Blair was Clear's boss and now turned family stalker since she quit. I do want to garden but since I allowed Fall back into the hood there's cold and frost ( I turned off snow) and it ruins my gardens like giving them perma frost deaths and no amount of warmth will fix them. There's no green houses in Sims 3 so I can't even protect the gardens.:hissyfit:

I don't have any Stuff packs for Sims 3, only the expansions. The one that is an evil vindictive harpy is M&G which is Sims 2. *hiss*

Oh I know the myth of Persephone and pomegranates, I wrote Quest for Peace. She was told not to eat anything in the Underworld (why pomegranates were there I have no clue) but she did. She ate six seeds and that made her have to stay in Tartarus for six months of the year. Her mother Demeter was so upset she made the world cold, and it was winter. I love Greek mythology. :goodvibes:

Anyway, I have no idea who's going to be heir, I played enough for another chapter so I'll probably do that today.
Also, new chappie! This is oddly addicting... :misspeak:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Arc-en-Ciel Rainbowcy: Episode 3 Mar. 9th

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
Oh man, I didn't know the brooms could have training wheels! That's so cute!

I like how the future changed (for the better maybe?) depending on your legacy. I haven't played around with that feature much. Like you said, I think the future stuff comes out to play a bit more in a generational challenge.

You send them to uni when they're YA in TS3. By the phone or computer, I think (it's been awhile since I did it). The aptitude test lets you see if your sims current skill points means they can get a scholarship/more credits towards graduation, but isn't necessarily required. Just a little boost in the right direction, really. :)
Fun stuff! Off to vote!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Sam:
Spoiler:
Good to know how, although wouldn't sending them as teens be better? Or am I just stuck on a Sims 2 mindset? I haven't triggered a Dystopia or a Utopia future yet, I prefer the neutral one. I know how to trigger them but I don't want to. I didn't play tonight, my poor computer gets so loud and whiny if I play too long. It needs an air dusting I think, clogged vents make computer go boom and I don't want to lose my only good one right now.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Ani-Mei wrote:wouldn't sending them as teens be better?
You can't send them as teens in TS3 at all. But you can go at any time in life after the sim hits YA, which is quite neat really.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

OK, so I just binge-read and I'm loving this! The problem with binge-reading is that I can't remember all the comments I have. That and it's five in the morning, and I really ought to go to bed. So, no individual comments, just the big ones I remember.

I love "Camera Lady" and the kids all have such character! Even the aliens! This is making me want to load up Sims 3 again.

Oh, BTW, University requires that they be at least YA, and you can buy your own "welcome package" to take the aptitude tests. It's pretty cool! You can take the spouse with, if you want to, as well. I like the University in Sims 3. One thing, though: The class progress bar continually falls, if you're not building it up, unlike in Sims 2 where you can just crank out assignments the first day and then relax. You have to keep on top of it. But, building skills for your major also counts, so that's two birds with one stone.

Looking forward to more!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Michelle:
Spoiler:
So I found out, also don't know how to drop Uni spouses out either. Unfortunately, they lasted one term then I sent them home. And I got my first glitch as soon as I did. So yes, I had to break out my NRAAS controller...anyway, that will have to wait until I write up the next chapters.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
Ani-Mei wrote: don't know how to drop Uni spouses out either
I married them during their stay and everything went smoothly. Although I've not had the glitch you experienced before, so good thing you had NRAAS!

Shea the Plantsim is awesome! He was good friends with Jack in my TS3 legacy-style playing. I didn't know he could plant himself!

It will usually take more than one time, and possibly multiple visits, to graduate your sims. Also, it definitely seems to attract supernaturals, which is awesome

And yay, alien baby! TS3 aliens have not been interested in any of my dudes, ever. Same story with TS4 too, actually. So I'm intrigued by Venus!

Looking forward to seeing the orange kids!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Arc-en-Ciel Rainbowcy: Episode 4 Mar. 12th

Post by Ani-Mei »

Sam:
Spoiler:
I didn't even get the option to get them engaged in college so I had to ride out the term then speed it along when he finally showed up. I figured it would take more time, like if I did 12 credits, two terms I'd have to send them back again for the last 24 credits so it would cut the time in half from four 12 credit terms to two 24 credit ones. Next time, when the Orange kids go I'll do two terms.

And I think they put a tracking device in Blair, they took him three times since the first time and left him pregnant twice spoilers. Yeah but the house was full so it was basically a drive-by birth for the second alien kid. I played way too long last night, before I knew it was 5 am!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Awww, too bad that I voted just a smidgen too late.
Spoiler:
Goji-kun is my favorite. BTW, I get that -kun is Japanese, but what does it mean, please?

Pom Pom is fun to watch, at any rate. Drama!

Ah, University, yes, it does take time to figure out. On the plus side, you can go back for as many degrees as you want, and figure it out more as you go. And each degree takes less time, because of previous skills adding to your "scholarship." Also, you know a nice way to make money? Go to the Admin building every day and ask for a grant. Start early, because you need to wait a full 24 hours, and that leads to a bit of time-slippage, but yeah, you can get scads of money, with good grades.

Plantsim! I've never had one, either! I look forward to learning more about them, from this story!

Also, never had an alien baby! WOOT! I'm gonna learn so much from this story!

And I'm really looking forward to seeing how a Divatox handles motherhood. Either she's going to be the best mother ever, or she's going to THINK she's the best mother ever. Or possibly, she'll simply forget she even HAS children, or maybe blame them for everything that ever went wrong in the world. The possibilities are so tantalizing! Especially because I'm not the one who has to deal with it.
Good chapter! I look forward to the next one.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Michelle:
Spoiler:
Kun is a Japanese honourific that you only give to someone you know very well, like calling your boyfriend baby or something. Pom-Pom is great she's like the favoured shirt you'd thought you'd hate the first time get it but it grows on you over time and you start to like it a lot more.

I haven't played a lot of Sims 3 uni but with the Orange gen kids I think I will learn more about it. Only thing about Sims 3 Plantsims is that you can't spawn a podling, at least not that I've seen so far. I know the Forbidden Fruit can turn them into a Plantsim but I haven't tried it yet. Pom-Pom did get one in Uni so I planted it in the garden. I don't know what it is but those aliens keep taking Blair and have left him with two alien babies, only one you've seen is Venus though. The second one comes later. I have to write the chapter still, unfortunately I caught my mom's flu and haven't felt like playing anything, I just want to sleep and try not to cough up my lungs every time. I have pictures ready of the Orange gen kids.

Return to “Sims 3 Completed Stories”