Unicorn Poop: A Rainbow Legacy!

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Miffers

Unicorn Poop: A Rainbow Legacy!

Post by Miffers »

(Copied and pasted directly from the original thread. Haha, sue me.)

So, after many, many months without the Sims, I discovered TS3 runs like a dream on my mom's new laptop. So, first course of action? A rainbow legacy, of course!

And so begins the story of the Unicorn Family, a story filled with life, death, happiness, sadness, disregard for birthday parties, funny faces, and pointing and laughing.

Starting off, we're base game and without any custom content since the game was just recently installed and all, but that may change further down the line.
Spoiler:
Founding Generation & Generation Black - Sakura Unicorn

8/23/13 0.1 Here It Goes Again
8/23/13 1.0 Black the Beast Descends From Shadows
8/25/13 1.1 Rambunctious Little Unicorns
8/26/13 1.2 The Unicorn and The Centaur
8/29/13 1.3 Growing Up
- Generation Black Heir Poll - CLOSED, Thanks for voting! -
8/30/13 1.4 Black Romance

Generation White - Obsidian Unicorn

9/5/13 2.0 White is Cold and Always Yearning
9/18/13 2.1 Birthdays, Birthdays, and More Birthdays
9/21/13 2.2 Moving Day
- Generation White Heir Poll - CLOSED, Thanks for voting! -
10/6/13 2.3 Close Enough to Lose Your Heart
10/26/13 2.4 Dealing with Loss
12/9/13 2.5 A Tale of Two Heirs
Generation Red - Vanilla & Cotton Unicorn

1/27/14 3.0 Red like Roses Fills my Dreams
*NEW* 5/31/14 3.1 Tots and Tension
Mariah

Re: Unicorn Poop: A Rainbow Legacy!

Post by Mariah »

Hello there, you know the drill I make a post so I can keep up with the legacy!
Spoiler:
I laughed so hard when Justin the centaur showed up.

Milk's toddler boots forced me to bust out laughing too. And Ebony was so adorable!
Miffers

Post by Miffers »

I'm glad you like it!
Spoiler:
Ah, Justin the centaur. One of my absolute favorite moments so far.

I've since deleted the centaur CC, so I fortunately (unfortunately?) won't have to deal with that anymore.

The boots and all that other weird CC is a bit harder to track down, but hopefully we won't have to deal with all that much longer either.

Ebony really was a cutie! While the Unicorn boys have been kinda 'meh', so far(though I do have high hopes for Rudolph), all the girls have been LOVELY.
Mariah

Post by Mariah »

I found this page explaining the boots problem. It has a picture of the boots and some other items that cause problems in the launcher, maybe this helps?
Kaiko E. Mikkusu
Italy

Post by Kaiko E. Mikkusu »

Spoiler:
Yay! The legacy is pretty cute. I might try to do a legacy like that too. I made a Rainbowcy that was a Doublacy, but i did not like it really much anymore...
Alolissimo Pomel of Goldel Lucentel and New Samarkand with Cream!
You find me at: http://www.ncls.it/g/
All hail Nibiru, the Impossible Planet!
On Entropy’s side!
Miffers

Post by Miffers »

So! It's been. Almost five months since I last updated. Unfortunately, this'll have to go on a bit longer.

First of all, as some of you may know, I lost the USB to my wireless mouse back in August. This slowed me down a lot- Trying to game is hell with a trackpad. Now, this laptop is becoming very unreliable. First, the battery is in very bad condition. It doesn't hold a charge for very long. Sometimes, it'll just turn off when it's not plugged in. Now, on its own this wouldn't be a very big problem. It's not hard to just keep it plugged in. Unfortunately, I've recently ran into another problem. I'm not sure if it's something wrong with the laptop or the charger itself, but it's now only charging when the laptop's in the right position. I'm not kidding- I move it an inch to the right and it won't charge. Definitely a big, big problem combined with my previous one. Because of this, I'm sorry to say that Unicorn Poop is officially entering a hiatus.

I'm going to get a new charger and a new mouse soon. If the charger is indeed the thing that is the problem, then updates will hopefully resume then. If not, then updates won't resume until at least Christmas, when I'm getting a new computer.

I do have some stuff done. I have very, very little, but if enough people want it, I could post what I have, a super-short update, just to tide you all over until I can update for real.

In more optimistic news, it's been over a year since I began this! Happy birthday, Unicorns!
Miffers

Post by Miffers »

Update: I got that new charger recently. The hiatus will be ending soon. At the moment, I have zero motivation to actually write the chapter, but it's all ready to written. And no, I've played more, so it won't be the super-short chapter I mentioned.

Also, expect an heir poll to be coming with it!
Miffers

Post by Miffers »

Well. Tomorrow, it'll have been a year since this updated. I've been avoiding saying this for a long time, because it's not good news. But I think I owe you all an explanation at this point.

Like I said in my last post, the next chapter was totally ready to be written! Rudolph and Cherry had both become teenagers (not to mention both of them were COMPLETELY GORGEOUS) and an heir poll was coming with the chapter! But lazy, lazy, lazy me. I waited too long. I should've gotten started writing it immediately, instead of putting it off due to zero motivation.

Not very long after I made that post, a terrible thing happened to that laptop I played the game on.

My sleep schedule was very, very messed up. I was terribly sleep-deprived, and when I'm sleep-deprived, I have the tendency to just uncontrollably fall asleep. Anywhere. I'll just be doing something, watching TV, or watching youtube videos, when I'll suddenly wake up a couple of hours later. I'll frequently fall asleep with my laptop on top of me. So, one day, I do exactly that. When I wake up, I go to wake up the laptop, and find that the screen doesn't turn on. I turn it off and back on again to see if that'll fix it. No dice. I keep trying. Nothing. A few days later, I give it another try- Success! Except a few days later again, I once again fall asleep with it on top of me and wake up to find the screen won't come back on.

I'm not saying that this legacy is definitely, 100% dead for sure. I'm still holding out hope that I'll again find a time when the screen of that laptop will come back on again. I've barely tried it at all in the last few months, it could happen! But will it? I don't know. So, this legacy's in limbo. It's not definitely dead, but it's not definitely going to come back someday, either. Don't give up hope on this, but don't hold your breath, either.

Even if this legacy does never see the light of day again, remember that I do have all the sims up to Generation White uploaded! Download them, place them in your worlds, have fun with them.

Return to “Sims 3 Story Graveyard”