The Ebil Apocalypse Updated September 23, 2014

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

The Ebil Apocalypse Updated September 23, 2014

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, I was on a chat forum, on a feminist website, and someone mentioned "Ebil Ladybrainz," and I thought that was a *perfect* name for a sim! So, I created her, and knew right away that this Feminist Social Justice Warrior simply had to be my next Apocalypse Challenge founder:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/chc02o2p4r5g1 ... 5.png?dl=0

And, yes, this is in Body Shop. The reinstall got it working again, so although I have no CC, I can at least create new sims. I have also made a Simself:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7bkjmp2b2ia8 ... 0.png?dl=0

I will update when I am able to share the sim files.

I'm following the Apocalypse Challenge rules found HERE - Up to Bon Voyage.

I'm still working on my Vanilla Legacy, but also, I just have to do the Ebil Apocalypse. I love Ebil, already. She's going to be an artist, and use creativity to spread awareness and social justice!

Prologue - September 23, 2014

Wish me good luck on getting through this whole challenge, please. :P
Last edited by MichelleCYoung on September 23rd, 2014, 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Ebil Apocalypse

Post by Ani-Mei »

To upload a sim file, you need to clone it in Bodyshop (the button with the two checkmarks) and select package to file (not to site since the site doesn't exist anymore) and it should show up on your desktop. Then just upload the sim file to a site like mediafire or box.net and provide the link.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

In my (as of yet) undocumented full EP Borg Apocalypse, my founder Stella Terrano lifted Artist and it's been a surprisingly useful first lift. I discovered that "viewing" even the cheapest decorative object lifts fun just as, if not more, quickly than Red Hands, and since it's a solo activity, another Sim does not have to be free to do it! Great for kids coming home from school with their Fun level tanked.
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, guys!

Ani-Mei - I'll definitely export them, now. Thanks for telling me how.

Lorinsv - I sure hope she gets that Artist position quickly. Well, at least I have four fewer careers to clog up the newspaper, and no custom careers, either. And as a Uni grad, she'll be able to pick from all three listings. Yay.

Speaking of which, I need to go graduate her, and then put together the presentation to post.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: The Ebil Apocalypse Updated September 23, 2014

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Bumping this for the update.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Fun prologue, and impressive gameplay! I learned some new things, which is cool after so many years of playing :)

I wish you more fun and, of course, much good luck!
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Lorinsv wrote:Fun prologue, and impressive gameplay! I learned some new things, which is cool after so many years of playing :)

I wish you more fun and, of course, much good luck!
Really? What did you learn? I'm so curious.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Spoiler:
In a nutshell, how valuable vacations can be for the founder. I vaguely remember hearing about it, but it was nice seeing someone actually implement it in a documented AC. I didn't know the BV shelf with souvenirs gives such a boost either.
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Lorinsv
Spoiler:
Oh, yeah! Vacations are AWESOME! So incredibly valuable, especially for a founder.

Even if you have the mod where time continues, while you're on community lots, you're going to get the extra time on vacations, right? And that's time at home, without worrying about work or college grades, or school, or anything. You need only 3 or 4 "vacation memories" to earn a perfect vacation score, so one day will do that easily, and if you have a vacation home, it costs just as much to stay for a week as it does for one day.

Gardening! You can do it at your vacation home (and let us not underestimate the importance of eggplant juice), and so it doesn't matter if you can't have a garden at your dorm. Not to mention the value of the wishing well for instant friends and high-chemistry lovers.

My wishing well trick - wish for romance, and then cancel the "kiss romantically" greeting. Then, when you greet your new guest, that sim will already be at about 90/80 relationship with you. You can keep it as a really strong friendship, and ask the sim on an outing, or you can take advantage of the (usually) high chemistry and ask for a date. Asking for a date BEFORE you fall in love really boosts that date score, so you can do two or three "bullet" dream dates, for extra rewards. Of course, the date WILL leave after a certain amount of time, so you have to be quick.

Yeah, the souvenir racks boost things, according to the country. Far East souvenirs boost skilling, while Twikkii Village souvenirs boost romantic socials, and I believe Three Lakes boosts friendly socials, although I may be wrong on that. Do NOT put five beach-treasures on that shelf, though. Sure, the guides might say that it will slow down bladder decay, but it actually speeds it up, and it seems to get stuck that way, permanently, even after you delete the souvenirs. I learned that the hard way. Ugh. However, four beach treasures and a voodoo doll make a lovely rack.

Vacations are also a great way to build body skill, because of Tai Chi. Yes, it lowers hygiene, just like working out, but it also raises your energy. So, instead of sleeping at night, you can just skill all night long, and then take a shower to start your day. You don't start gaining the body points until you master Tai Chi, but that doesn't take long, and the time saved on sleeping is a good trade-off for it, I think.

Another advantage, in an apocalypse, of taking vacations, is that I can effectively feed my family by making sure the prospective spouses have plenty of fish in their inventory. Even with out culinary, I can assure my family one great meal per day, as fish, left on the floor, will last forever, provided you lock away the pets. Pets will eat fish left on the floor. Also, you can hang them on the walls for an environment boost. And you have to downsize the spouses' inventories, anyway. Just be sure to leave plenty of room for fish. So, one vacation is great. Two? Not so much. For goodness' sake, don't take them on three. And if they have a gold fishing badge, you'll really want to limit the fishing time. But, on vacation, you have total control about that.

In fact, with a great garden at a vacation home, to provide you with a wishing well, you can spend $500 for a ticket for your founder, and then meet ALL your prospective mates, plus all the friends you need, without ever having to go downtown. Which means you're not in danger of the the vampires biting Miss Crumplebottom and exploding your game. You meet three friends per day, or one lover, and always at a high level, so it's easy to max it out. Then, simple phone calls will keep their relationships high. Also, you can ask immediately what their jobs and skills are, so you don't have to waste time, building up relationships to the point where you can ask them, only to have to weed them out, later. Wish, ask, and socialize with the ones you want to keep. Let the ones you don't want to keep just slide away.

I really love vacations, and for Knowledge sims, Takemizu is my absolute favorite. If my founder were Romance, I'd send them to Twikkii Island (and get that voodoo doll!), or Three Lakes for Popularity/Pleasure Sims. Family sims are pretty good at just about any place, really, as are Fortune sims. If you have a vacation home, they can build up their family, or build up their fortune with treasure-hunting or home crafts.

And it doesn't really take much to get a vacation home, in the first place. Simply put down an empty lot in the vacation neighborhood. One or two good semesters, or a good day's treasure hunting, should be enough to buy that lot. Use that as your home base on vacation, so you can save, and you can boost your moods at community lots, with showers, sims for social and fun, and free food at the grills. You can dig up community lots, and then not even worry about the mess, because they re-set when you leave them. Or have your sims work as baristas or DJ's (if you place a club - why not? It's your vacation neighborhood), or whatever else you want to do to earn money. After they use that time to earn money (using energizer to keep going at home, then back out to community lots, until you've got enough funds to build a real house), it generally only takes a single vacation to be able to establish a really livable vacation home, which is theirs to keep, and use whenever they want. Single sim vacations cost just the price of the ticket, and you only take your prospective mates once you've established the house with all you need, and built up enough funds for all the tickets.

Another benefit of vacation is the vacation rewards. Good vacations yield such helpful rewards as getting an extra want slot for 1-2 days, or getting a boost to skill-building and talent badge building activities, or getting a boost to your job performance. These are my favorites, as it makes returning to college easier for my founder - their next semester takes little time for them to make the grade. But the BEST part about the perfect vacation is that I can give those benefits to my prospective spouses.

YES! I take my spouses on a single vacation, and make sure they all get the extra want, skilling boost, and job performance boost. Then, I move in the spouse and send them to work right away - Their job performance bars are completely FULL! Even if they don't have the skills, with those full bars, they'll be guaranteed a promotion as soon as they get the skills, so long as they don't screw up and drop that bar later.

And should you have the mod that allows non-player sims to earn skill points (I don't, but I know about it), you can use vacations to give some intense skill-training to prospective spouses. Charisma is a challenge, but logic, creativity, body can be built up easily enough. As for cooking, mechanical and cleaning, just influence them to cook, clean, or repair things. And if you bring a lover on vacation, then you have all those lovely dates to earn aspiration rewards, as well as influence points. Or, if you have Free Time, and Knowledge as either primary or secondary aspiration, you can redeem the happiness perk of "Impart Knowledge," and train up prospective spouses with up 7 points in each skill.

The best part about taking your college founder on vacation? Well, back when I had Free Time, I made sure that my college founder had all the lifetime happiness he or she needed. Even with a LTW like "Marry off six children," they could graduate perms-plat, if you spent enough time on vacation, because on vacation, that LTH bar keeps running, and keeps filling. Also, getting all your vacation memories (including ordering that photo-album, before it's disabled by apocalypse restrictions), will give you a huge bonus for lifetime happiness. So, yeah, YA's only earn 4 points an hour, while they're in platinum, but with dates and other aspiration fodder, it can be done. It takes a lot of vacations, but it can be done, and it's really worthwhile.

Some people rush through college, to get to the apocalypse. I figure that future generations will have it tough enough, so I want to make sure that my Founder's time at college REALLY counts. It's not cheating, or taking unfair advantage. It's strategy.

Just like going to the park (with the showers, grill, and barista) is a great way to earn money, because you can dig for treasure until your mood drops, then eat free hamburgers, drink coffee, pee and shower in the bathroom, socialize a bit, and then start all over. Make sure you have a cell phone early, so you can call your friends, too. Did you know that your LTR doesn't decay, while you're at community lots? So, you call your friends as many times as necessary, from community lots, to build up that STR score, and it really helps build up your friend count, because you're not fighting against the relationship-decay nearly as much.

Once you have those friendships established, getting through college is a breeze. You can influence them to do your schoolwork. I hardly ever send my sims to class, unless they just really want to go. Although, writing the term paper and doing assignments give great aspiration hits, IF you roll the wants for them. Still, if you don't have to spend your time socializing, to build up the network, you can spend more time studying or earning money, so it's a great way to balance your time.

One thing, though, that I have found is that you should do most of your outings and dates early in your college career, and then spend the last three or four semesters not dating, if you are preparing for an apocalypse. The reason for that is that they give you the outing/date rewards sometime shortly after midnight, at your home lot. You want to get those rewards while you are at college, and can use or sell them, rather than when you are at your apocalypse lot, and they just take up space, and add to your bills. So, do the outings/dates, for sure, but make sure they have time to deliver their rewards before you leave college. Likewise, if you're dating someone in the same dorm as you, they won't be able to give you more than flowers, until you are on a new home lot, so get your own home, in college, even if it's only a vacation home. I have had home-town friends and lovers make the trip to Takemizu just to drop off a DJ booth.

Actually, I try very hard to get most of my dating/outings/vacationing done before Junior year. After that, it's just coasting through until graduation. The hard work of preparation is done, and it's just time to rake in the rewards.

Popularity/Pleasure sims have a definite advantage, in that they can get their skill points through outings, so if you send them off the home lot (but NOT a campus lot, where time continues!), then they have the community/vacation time for socializing, having fun, and incidentally, earning skill points. They don't have to spend a lot of time with their noses in books, while you have it set to speed 3. Of course, Knowledge sims WANT to spend the time with their noses in books. However, Popular/Pleasure sims really can make excellent founders. Also, if you have the LTW to get 20 best friends, or even 20 woohoos, or 50 dream dates, vacations are EXCELLENT ways to accomplish those goals, while you're still in college. And, if you have Free Time, the sooner you go perms-plat, the more points you'll have to redeem on happiness rewards, while they're still available.

Yeah, vacations are a vital part of my pre-apocalypse founder play. And if I don't have a fulfillable LTW, then my founder uses that ReNuYu SensoOrb, until I get one I can fulfill in college, then use it again to set the character the way I want to play it. Vacations give you TIME to do that.

But really, you need a vacation home. Vacations at hotels are largely useless, except for the "perfect vacation" rewards, and the opportunity to meet new sims (who are unemployed tourists or locals). Of course, for a Pleasure sim, that may be exactly what you need to get perms-plat. But those hotel fees add up pretty quickly, and I've found it's more cost effective to just slap down an empty lot, buy it, and build what you need, when you need it.

Generally, in my play, Freshman year is spent building up money, and Junior year is spent going on vacation after vacation after vacation.

I've learned most of these tricks from reading stories other simmers have posted. My first attempt at apocalypse was an unmitigated disaster, because of the wasted time and lack of preparation.
Thanks for reading! I'm working on Chapter 1, now.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Nice, magical Apocalypse. :thup: Wasn't it fun clearing all the trees from the hood? I did that in Pleasantview before M&G killed everything...that annoys me still. It was months ago but still :mutter: I should use that BV trick, but not till generation 5, 4 still has to open the colleges and get the vacations back first. Make sure anyone that starves to death dies outside though. :rotfl:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Actually, I just created a downtown, using Veronaville's map. That way, it was empty, and it had a dirt landscape.

You're sure right about making sure people die outside. Ugh, I hate crowded houses with indoor ghosts. They kill everyone.

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”