The Simself Apocalypse (DEAD)

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
captainmills

The Simself Apocalypse (DEAD)

Post by captainmills »

How would a simself fare when faced with the Apocalypse? Well, here we'll at least get to see how mine would do.

I had to re-upload the prologue because a lot of the slides had text that was cut off. Sorry about that.

University Prologue
Chapter One

And this is the point where something really bad happened--I opened the game to play through Gen 2, but the town was gone. And I hadn't backed it up. So I lost everything. I've started over, and will have the rebuild up soon.

The rebuild has begun! I also managed to get rid of a lot the upload problems this time. If it still shows up with distortion for you, please let me know.

A New Beginning
Stabby Death Nose
Monkey in the Basement

So I've been gone for a while, and I figured I should explain why. It started as normal computer problems. My computer would run for about 20 minutes and then shut down. This happened every time I used it. It turned out to be a problem with the fan, causing the computer to overheat and shut itself down to avoid permanent damage. I decided to wait until after I got the fan fixed to continue the legacy because the time it would take to load everything would only leave me with a few minutes of gameplay before shutdown and it just didn't seem worth it. After I was finally able to fix the fan, I discovered a larger problem. My Sims game was entirely corrupted. I don't know how it happened, but it was glitched all to hell. My sims couldn't use objects, they would actually walk in circles for hours with me unable to get them to do anything else, their want slots went blank...it was a mess. A mess I couldn't fix. I tried reverting to a backup, but apparently the corruption had already begun when I had last backed up my game. So I lost it all. I stopped playing entirely until recently with the whole Ultimate Edition thing. I don't want to try to move the neighborhood to UE because I don't want to risk the corruption again. I might restart this Apocalypse (again), start a new Apocalypse entirely, or I might try my hand at a normal legacy. I don't know. Either way, the Simself Apocalypse is likely done entirely.
I'm very sorry for all of this. I know I've had a lot of problems with doing this. I might have gotten bad CC at some point, I might have made a horrible mistake somewhere, or it might just be because I have to run the game on a laptop. I don't know. Once again, I'm sorry for all this. Thanks for reading.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Simself Apocalypse (DEAD)

Post by Teresa »

Sorry for your loss :(
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: The Simself Apocalypse (DEAD)

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So sorry your computer fouled up so much. It was good, while it lasted. I really liked the Dune theme, too.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”