The White Legacy

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: The White Legacy - Gen. 9, Ch. 1 - 9/10/14

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Radiochocolate, for some reason, I read your banner as saying, "One Sim to Save the Mall," and wondered if this was some sort of "Open For Business" challenge. :rofl:

It's the asylum, though, right?
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
captainmills

Post by captainmills »

Spoiler:
I've got to be honest: I never really liked Saffron much. To me, she just kind of came off as boring and a bit of a milquetoast. That being said, however, what the frakking frak?! And Priya and Jessica, too?! *Insert string of frustrated half-words here.* Still really good, though.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Phew, you guys are going to make me work! :faint: Thanks for the support, everyone, both in this commenting session and since I started posting this mess in July of last year! You guys are amazing! :hugs:

I'm really sorry, but I can't reply to everyone personally this time. But that doesn't mean I don't love you! You are all :awesome: and :goodvibes: and I :heart: you so much! If it weren't for you guys, this legacy would probably never have gotten this far. I just... don't have the time to respond to so many in-depth, thoughtful comments all at once. And I feel really bad about that. :sigh: Feel free to pan me all you like.

So, we resort to a bulk reply, addressing the issues in common that everyone talked about. I hope none of you are insulted over this.
Spoiler:
You know, Saffron, as Cap put it, did indeed "come off as boring and a bit of a milquetoast," but for whatever reason, I really liked her. I sympathized with her or something, I don't know. Certainly not a favorite heir, and I like Bay (and Clary) a whole lot better, but still. :) Which is why she had to die, of course. This is the main theme in most everyone's comment--SAFFRON DIED!?!? Yes, it had to happen. Unfortunately. We've gone this long with all of these heirs being targeted, and they've all been protected. The death rate was sort of unfairly balanced between heirs and their siblings, especially since the heirs themselves were the ones being targeted and the most threatening in the first place. SOMEBODY had to go, and the ninth generation heir seems to be the most likely! :splat:

You know, on the death rate in this legacy, I don't know what happened, exactly. I had a list of characters that needed to die by the end, some of them to give the antagonists credit, some of them to remove them from the picture so it wouldn't be too easy to overcome the antagonists, and some of them quite frankly for dramatic tension. I think I've overused the death plot tool in this legacy by quite a bit (one of my regrets in the plotting of this legacy, as well as the slightly logic-less and moustache-twirling villains), but to be honest, I did outline the end of this legacy during a particularly dark time in my life. I was struggling with a peak in an anxiety disorder and was entering depression, which kind of fueled it. Now that I've pulled myself out of that, all of the deaths do seem a bit... harsh, but it's a little late to re-outline the climax, so I've been going with it. *shrug*

To be completely honest, I chose Bay as heir because I needed a male heir this generation, for three reasons. One is related directly to how the plot's going to work. Two is because I've had quite the line of female heirs recently, and I needed to balance out the estrogen a little bit. Three is because JUNE HAD TO ENTER THE LEGACY. This was initially Rosie's [my sister, for those of you who might not know] idea. One day she cracked up and said, "What if June was the one to give birth to the tenth generation!?" followed by much :rotfl:. That was too good of an opportunity to pass up! :haha: I love June to death--she's just such a blast to write for--and I'm really glad I got the opportunity to get her into the legacy!

Vis! Vis! VIS! VIS! :awesome: It's so great to have him, Gabie, and the other aliens back in town! I knew everyone would be excited to see him back! :D And as for "Gabis," Ani-Mei? Awesome! :awesome:

Now then, Jessie had a question about why being outside in the sunlight permanently killed Sun, but the loathe were able to come back to life after being scorched by Dez's magic light. This was explained pretty briefly after it happened, but that was a long time ago. The sunlight spell the witches use is not "real" sunlight, only a mimicry of it. It's not permanent death to a vampire, only as long as it takes for them to rebuild their bodies. They ARE undead, you know. ;) If you remember, Sun had to go through that process, too, and had to slowly regrow his hair throughout the course of a chapter. The real sunlight, however, just reduces them right down to ashes. Permanently.

Battle of Five Armies, Taube? Too funny! :rotfl:

As for when the next chapter is due, Michelle, I don't know. It might be a while yet. Work has been kicking my butt, plus I've been struggling to find some good CC for my next planned scene, and I'm reluctant to actually get down to it and see it end. Seems like everything's conspiring against me getting this last chapter out. :faint: I promise that I am working on it, though! I have the day off today, so I'm hoping to get some binge writing done. I can't give you an accurate estimate of a deadline, but I promise, even if it takes much longer than usual, I AM working on it.

Of course, I say this, and then it turns out I finish it today and post it this evening, right? :haha:, I wish!

Thanks everyone, again, for commenting! You're awesome! This bulk reply got kind of out of hand, but I hope you got everything out of it that you were hoping for!
captainmills

Post by captainmills »

*Hugs* I'm glad that you're doing better. I have a lot of problems with depression as well, mostly stemming from my health problems/chronic pain, so I know how bad it can be and how hard it is to get anything done without it coming out rather dark. Once again, I'm really happy that you're doing better. I know that we don't really know each other, but if you ever want to talk, feel free to send me a message. *More hugs*
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I don't know about clinical depression, but I do know about life getting you down. After I was hit by a truck, and had to stop working because of the chronic pain, I also felt pretty blue. Still do, frequently, when the pain is really bad, or I'm worried about what will happen when my savings are used up.

I tell myself that summing *IS* work, because it sharpens my writing skills, or something. But yeah, sometimes, I just want those little pixilated people to suffer, just so I can watch the aspiration failure.

Wait, wait. Did you say the LAST chapter? Waaaahhhh! But, YAAAAYYY!

Take your time, do it so that you're fully satisfied with it. I'm sure it will be worth the wait, however long that is.

All the Jedi Hugs you need, coming your way!

Sincerely,

Michelle
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Aww, thanks you guys! :hugs: I really appreciate all the support! I promise, I'm in a much better place now than I was then--not depressed, and only small spikes of anxiety now and again which I'm learning better and better how to control, without any major attacks--and I really appreciate the rally that came to my aid when I mentioned it here. :) You guys are awesome!

Yep. Last chapter. :awesome: There'll still be an epilogue, Michelle, and probably a quick behind-the-scenes update of the tenth generation heir growing up, but we are very, very close to done here. :D
SprinkleOfSugar

Post Counts

Post by SprinkleOfSugar »

Keeiiikkaaaaa!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: Don't feel obliged to comment and it's amazing how much you did write >-> I hope everything's improving and i'm always here for a chat and a hug x
Thanks for the Siggy Thai!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Thanks, Gabie! I really appreciate it! :hug:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Yaaaay, epilogue! I love epilogues! And behind-the-scene! I love behind-the-scenes! Yaaaaay!

And you know, it's OK for your story to be dark. Dark stories are cathartic for people to read. It helps us deal with our own darkness. Never apologize for darkness. Only apologize if you don't do darkness WELL.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

MichelleCYoung wrote:Yaaaay, epilogue! I love epilogues! And behind-the-scene! I love behind-the-scenes! Yaaaaay!

And you know, it's OK for your story to be dark. Dark stories are cathartic for people to read. It helps us deal with our own darkness. Never apologize for darkness. Only apologize if you don't do darkness WELL.

:yes:
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
CarolynYoung

Post by CarolynYoung »

My daughter, MichelleCYoung, made me read this.

Chapter 1 comments:
Spoiler:
At Baltic's birthday, it looks like he's peeing straight up through his diaper, but I guess that's just the boombox antenna.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: The White Legacy - Complete - 9/26/14

Post by Keika »

Carolyn:
Spoiler:
Thanks for the comment! I never noticed that--unfortunate angles do tend to happen in small houses, don't they? Of course, I manage to get them even when the house isn't small...
Everyone:

I have just posted two new chapters: Generation 9, Chapter 2, and the Epilogue. And with that, the White Legacy officially comes to a close. I want to thank all of you for all your support and kind words over the last year; you guys are amazing! This was one heck of a ride, and though I'm sad for it to be over, I'm really excited to move on. Though of course I'll be taking my favorite sims with me. I couldn't leave these guys behind. :yes: Thank you so much for your readership and your comments, and see you next time!

And by the way, I am planning on releasing some pictures of Wynn growing up on my Livejournal. I'll be linking them here, but I'll also put the link in my siggy for a few days so you don't need to check this thread for them, if you're interested. ;)

Also, I took this picture, and never found a good place to put it. So here, have a picture! And this is honestly and actually goodbye this time!
Spoiler:
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

OMG IT'S THE LAST CHAPTER. I've been checking back every day to see if it was up. Going to read everything now and then edit this comment with my actual comment. Just wanted to let you know I'm all excited and stuff.

Edit:
OMG. You pulled it off, Keika. You really did :hug:
Spoiler:
You're like the George R.R. Martin of legacies. Holy shitballs, that fire! I hate Arc even more than I hated Merry. He is one nasty piece of work. Also, I can't believe he ordered to get Spar killed. And the "except that girl" sent shivers down my spine. That was just creepy.
I am just in awe at how well you set everything up and executed it. Excellent, excellent planning and story telling. And it still had that actual Sims 2 playing feel, which many of the old Sims 2 legacies lost along the way (The Bohemian Legacy and the Pseudo Legacy for example, which were both really awesome, but at one point became all about the pictures and the story and less about the Sims).
I'm actually finding it difficult to find more things to say. I loved loved LOVED The White Legacy, and I'm sad to see it's over, but I also think you ended in a MAJORLY awesome way. It makes me want to start another legacy once I've finished my Apocalypse (which'll still be a while).
And Wynter. She's adorable, and that name... The last part of the epilogue with Snow and Patrick almost me cry! (I've been in an emotional mood today :P ). It all has come full circle indeed.
This was amazing, Keika. You can be really proud of yourself! I am too :) And I can't wait to see what you've got in store for us with Wynter.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Why do I get the feeling I know what Wynter is going to be doing next? :shiftyeyes: That aspiration, the excitement over many kids...Bay crying as if he knows what she's going for...

Anyway, a little sad knowing that Fricorith is going to be fried by the aliens in space though. :no: :cryingeyes: He and Romi seem to have developed a weird friendship in their combined evilness in your world. And where one goes, the other follows. But it was nice to see Percy again. Is he like Sun's pet now or something? :eyebrow: :fish: Maybe I'll talk to Jessie and see if she picked up on Fricorith and Romi's connection. Be nice for Cori to have a friend connected only to him in another universe in Angel's Haven after all. :angel:

Other than that, welcome to the Completed Legacy Club. :highfive: :drinks: :hug:
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

SCREAMING.
Spoiler:
:sigh: :misspeak: :highfive: :party:

Omg you did it! I'm so pleased for you, finishing the legacy! And naturally, I loved every minute of it, and yay for the plot twist of the witches punishing Arc at the end! Also Seraphine and Baltic - ABOUT DAMN TIME they got their happily ever after! Also, Wynn is gorgeous (also Wynn was one of the names I was planning to use in an upcoming generation of Tower...) and I look forward to seeing her larger brood of babies, seeing as that's what was HEAVILY IMPLIED :rotfl:

Great job, Keika! I'm sad it's over, but at the same time, super happy!

:drinks:
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Re: The White Legacy

Post by WistfulRose »

Spoiler:
:party:
Yay! You finally finished it! :celebration:
I loved watching it all come together. (aka all the stuff you've been telling me since gen 4. that's been hush hush :shhh: )
I was rather surprised that you simself didn't show up at ALL during those last three chapters. After all, we both know your a bit of a ham. :spam: (closest thing to ham)
Love you sis!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Spoiler:
O. M. G. !

Wonderful final showdown. Arc's response - of course he denies it. But he wants to spare the granddaughter, and not the son? Pfffhhh! Yeah, he was just so broken up about losing his boy. It was never about his son. Only about his wife.

And good for Merry, there at the end, when Seraphina channeled her.

Baltic was great, saving Seraphina, but yeah, looks like it really was Arie, all along. Poor Baltic. But he was still heroic, nonetheless.

And I just LOVE that luau! Wonderful!

Also, Wynter Snow - do I sense a new challenge of some sort coming up? A Wynter Snow Apocalypse, perhaps? LOL!

Oh, this was so wonderful, Keika! Thank you so much!
Massive congratulations for finishing this!
IchigoMcCoy

Post by IchigoMcCoy »

Congrats on completing the legacy!
Spoiler:
...I hate Arc. I really despise him. His end is fitting and deserved, the sick bastard. Seriously, that whole thing with Phoenix...

All those houses on fire! No! Also, I got a cameo! Yay! Also, I wondered how zombies were going to factor into this. That was sick. Now, I hate Arc even more. Also, Hattie sucks too, but she's an evil witch, so that's to be expected. I think even Barcelona would object to the lengths she went to. Family is a thing with her.

I'm so glad the past heirs (and important spouses) are there to help Bay. When he ninja-kicked Romi, I laughed. That was awesome. And Sun commanding the zombies. Also awesome!

Aw, no, Romi! She's going to die on Tatooine! She deserves it, though, for being evil and all. I liked her as a villain, but my version of Romi is not so amused. But I'll get more into why at a later point in time. Also, Ani-Mei, Romi and Fricorith could totally be friends! I liked them being the two henchmen in this legacy and they seemed to be the only two vampires who had any sort of partnership/friendship. There's definitely a connection.

Baltic and Seraphine, huh? ...Okay, I can dig it. Techinically, Seraphine is his great-niece, but I can overlook that. It's Sims, after all.

Wynter White. I like it! I'm glad she got to grow up and everyone's happy in the afterlife. And the bad guys clean up. I just saw that. Well, they're on Anne's watch. How did she feel about Arc's actions?

A little bittersweet, but the legacy made it! Yay! Congrats, Keika! You deserve a rest now. XD
Last edited by IchigoMcCoy on September 27th, 2014, 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Jessie.
Night Legacy
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Omigawd it's the last chapter I have no words blkrftghwpfgrd
Spoiler:
Fire! Fire everywhere! I thought Arie and Kevin were hitched already :P Look, my simself made a cameo :3 BALTIC! NOO- oh wait nevermind *phew* Aaaaaaaw Balphine <3 How come I am not even surprised at the fact that more people have died. BAY WHAT ARE YOU DO- D-D-DEZ?! *fangirl squeal* SUN! *squeal* Oh wait I see where this is going. "Parent and child will be reunited, and death will inhabit flesh as life meets its end in fire." Ooh, the astral realm! I just thought... Hmm, maybe you're not that evil. All this magic blood stuff sounds interesting >:3 SAFFRON! *yay* Plotplotplot *is mesmerized* ZOMBIES? Cool... Didn't think I'd see June giving birth, much less to Gen 10. Arc, GTFO *points to the main door* "This child of snow will protect the legacy for ten generations. - Hmm... Who is Aral White?" Hattie, what's up with that face... Well that's a rather disappointing father/son-reunion. Dark witch order ftw! Yay aliens! Wait Arc, what- MERRY!!! <3 <3 <3 A happily ever after... D'aaw. Bwahaha, the villains are forced to clean up at the Big Luau xD A marvelous ending to an even more marvelous legacy.
:hearts: :highfive: :party: *throws rose bouquets*
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I just have to ask:
Spoiler:
How in the world did you get the Grim Reaper to flip hot dogs?!

And can I just say that I really do appreciate both Merry's redemptive act at the end - protecting her daughter - and the fact that she still had to clean at the Luau, because one good act was not enough to counteract all the others, especially because of the selfish -not MY daughter- aspect to that act.

Arc is completely disgusting. He needs to be sunburnt. For eternity.

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”