An Heroic Apocalypse - COMPLETED October 18, 2015

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated October 2, 2015

Post by Anne »

Ani-Mei
Spoiler:
I guess it depends on how many kids you have each generation, and thus how many lifts. :) Lorin finished her AC at generation 6, I believe. Thanks for your comment! :D
Lorin :party2:
Spoiler:
Haha, yeah, their aspirations do make them kind of similar, but it's just the best choice! I might go for something different with generation 7, but I'm not sure yet. :)

Oooh, now I finally know who Eric reminded me of! He does look a lot like Pip! Thanks for pointing that out. :D I love Ethan and Evan as well, they're both such great-looking Sims! As are Emma and Ellie. :yes:

I'm much too impatient to actually go through that entire teen stage, haha! This a challenge and I want to finish it gosh flippity darnit!

Thanks so much, Lorin! I've been playing this challenge for so long now that I more or less know what's allowed and what isn't. And if I have even the slightest doubt I'll just go and check it in the rules right away. :)
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated October 4, 2015

Post by Anne »

Back with another chapter! Chapter 24 - We Need a Bigger Table
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Almost done, so close...
Spoiler:
I waited until generation 4 to lift Business and only 2 for Athletic, it makes things easier for me anyway. Looking forward to the end. Then we'll party. :drinks:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Yaaay! I just read 23 and 24.
Spoiler:
BWAHAHAHAAA! I love it when the game just KNOWS things. Those alien pajamas on the alien heiress are just so adorable!

All these kids are just so sweet and cute. They must be a pleasure to play. I'm even liking Tucker.

Knowledge is, by far, the easiest and most effective aspiration in an apocalypse, and if you can choose it, it's the best choice. With alien technology lifted (and Education), they can use the ReNuYu SensoOrb any time to change to something else, if they want to, anyway.

I love the spacious new college house. So much room!

You know, with Athletic lifted, you can just chuck all that stuff you don't want to keep into inventory, and keep it there as long as necessary. Let them die with it, or pass it on through the generations until Business is lifted.

Oh, look! Business is lifted! LOL! Great spouse, btw.

So fast. It's all happening so fast. I've been off my game for a while (RuneScape had that double-xp weekend, and I had to prep for it, and play it, and then use up all those resources I harvested), but I definitely need to get back into Sims, now. Thanks for the inspiration.
Great updates! Thanks!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Great update, and great roof shot! :D
Spoiler:
Ooh, I like Corbin too! It's cool that most of the downtownies are at good levels of their careers, is it any wonder the same ones keep popping up in our stories? :sly:

I feel ya on the frustration of waiting (and sometimes waiting) for the right jobs to show up for Uni grads toward the end. And that the high-level positions have so many days off, if you hit those at the wrong time, even more waiting and waiting. Crud that Ethan is climbing Artist the hard way, but I suppose some challenge is good for you at this point :wink: (A cool thing I discovered in my Borg AC, though, is how great Artist is as a first lift - I would so be willing to go that route again if I ever play another one.) Anyway, congrats on your new lifts, your challenge is really progressing fast now!

Haha, looks like Mandy is enjoying the Culinary lift. I had to watch Corey's weight like a hawk when he was a vampire too, even though Culinary wasn't lifted yet in mine.

Can't wait to see the McHero's new house. I remember having a lot of fun expanding mine too - good times!
Image Image
ISTJ
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated October 2, 2015

Post by Pony »

Yay I'm all caught up.
Spoiler:
It took me almost a week to catch up. Sneaking in little bits in the break room at work. I can't believe that Mandy's made so far hidden in recessive genes. That's so cool. I wonder if she's lonely waiting for the kids to come back, or just enjoying the peace and quiet. Must be nice after living in a crowded household. Love that she's still really involved with the kids. Ellie is adorable and a sweet personality to match. You're so close to the end! I can't wait for the next chapter!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Ani-Mei
Spoiler:
Yesss, I can almost smell the finish line...!
It would've made things a bit easier if I'd lifted Business and Athletic sooner, but I am glad with the way I did :) There are so many importants lifts!
We definitely will! :party2:
Michelle
Spoiler:
Yep, those made me snort as well! :haha:
They are a really great bunch to play! I love all of those kids. :)
Definitely. At first, I felt a bit bad for always choosing Knowledge for the Apoc kids (once I was able to choose, that is), but it's just the best choice for this challenge. I hadn't even really thought of the ReNuYu Orb, so thanks for that! I'll definitely be using it for generation 7... :)
It was so nice to be able to expand the college house that much! Now at least they have room to live!
Ooh, that's true. I think I thought of that solution a while back, but I obviously forgot about it while playing xD But yeah, Business was lifted very soon after, so it was okay.
Yep, it's a rollercoaster now! SO CLOSE
Thanks, Michelle!
Lorin
Spoiler:
Thanks, Lorin! :D
Haha, indeed! Those downtownies are just by far the best options for Apoc spouses! I'm very happy with how I handled that xD (with the whole Mandy vampire thing)
Yep, there's a lot of waiting involved now... I got very lucky with the Gen 5 jobs, but Gen 6 definitely took a while longer. Hahaha, yes, I kind of did need a bit of a challenge, didn't I? Those level 9 jobs perhaps make things a little bit too easy at times. Not that I'm complaining, mind you. I'm so close to the end, I can feel it!
Artist as a first lift? That's unusual! Although there are some advantages to it, definitely.
Hahaha yep, she's gained a little wait over the generations. I decided I don't care, though. She's deserved it! :)
At the start of the challenge I was planning on building this ginormous, gorgeous mansion for the McHeroes once I was able to, but now I just wanted to get it over with, which is perhaps a bit of a bummer xD It's still a pretty house (definitely compared with the tower), but it's very simple and functional. :)
Thanks for the comment, Lorin!
Pony
Spoiler:
Ahw, thank you for reading all of it! I'm glad you like it! :hug:
I was SO excited about those green eyes! It seems almost impossible that they made it so far down the line, but there really was no one after her with green eyes. I was almost a little sad that I didn't make Ethan the hier, but you can't compete with alien heirs! Also, I needed a girl to be the heir.
Hmm, I think she's pretty lonely, because she spends every day in her coffin, so she doesn't see her family all that much anyway. I love having her take care of the kids, it's such a sweet sight. :)
Thanks, Pony! :D
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated October 11, 2015

Post by Anne »

Back with another update! Chapter 25 - Thank You for the Music
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
So close to the end! The twins are super adorable. I love the house. Hehe the tower doesn't want to let go just yet. I bet you could fix those floating floor tiles into some landscaping some how.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Spoiler:
Oh! I know! You can add some more deck spaces, put an archway over the path, and some decorative objects on the deck area, and it would look lovely. Like a special entrance to the house.

That house is very nice. I quite like the layout.

Yaaaay, lifts and new babies!

You are so close!

Also, Corbin just HAD to finish that blog post. LOL.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Getting so close! :D
Spoiler:
Love the new house, nice garden too! I found keeping track of my Sims took a bit of getting used to with the larger scrolling area after playing the tower for so long, but I hadn't played anything but my AC for years! I remember a couple of errant floor tiles wouldn't go away, even with the stuck object remover, on my house do-over either, so I ended up moving out the family and bulldozed the lot and then rebuilt the rebuild (yeah, I'm super persnickety like that... :shifty: )

Aww, that's sad Tucker passed unnoticed despite his destructive past.

Good job Ethan lifting Artist! (I have a real soft spot for the Artist lift now. In case you didn't know, its power early in an AC lies in even the cheapest deco items' ability to raise Fun levels fast, even faster than Red Hands. Plus taking into consideration, View is a solo activity which means no one is dependent on another being available to do it. It's kept two generations of my poor Apoca-kids sane during the relentless hand-washing phase of their youth, so yeah, go Artist! :plumbob2: )

Can't wait the see the twins grow up and lift the final restrictions!
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated October 17, 2015

Post by Anne »

Pony
Spoiler:
Thanks! I love those twins to bits. Yes, I tried to fix it with landscaping at first, but since they're one level up (on a foundation, while the new house is not on a foundation) you can't even see those tiles when I'm just playing, so I figured I wouldn't bother. Thanks for your comment!
Michelle
Spoiler:
That would look cool! I'm a bit too lazy for it, though, haha! Like I said to Pony, you can't even see the tiles when I'm playing on the ground level. :)
Thank you!
I finished playing the challenge today, so I hope to have it all up by tomorrow! So exciting! :D
Haha, yep... Men, am I right? :P
Lorin
Spoiler:
Thank you! Haha, yes, it took a little bit of getting used to at first, but luckily that didn't last long. Bulldozing the lot would've been a good idea. :) It crossed my mind, but I decided not to risk it with Mandy and stuff getting lost or whatever. You can never fully trust this game. ;)

Wow, I never thought of that! I didn't even know deco items would raise Fun! I'm going to remember that one...

I hope to have it all up by tomorrow, because I finished the challenge this morning! :D :D
I've got a new chapter for you guys! Chapter 26 - Adorableness All Around
Only one more chapter and an epilogue to go after this one!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
So what will happen to Mandy now? Will she get the cure? I've had Cain around so long I don't want to cure him, and Fricorith, to cure him would just be wrong since being a vampire has made him who he is to me. *sniff* Funny how attached you get to the little pixel people huh? My generation six is the last one I'm thinking of turning off aging so I can have more time with my kids. That's not wrong is it? I know I have at least four more chapters left on mine. At least that's what I planned, to end it at 26. Soon that Apocalypse Hazard medal will be my tenth one. *sighs contentedly* I almost don't want this to end.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Excellent!
Spoiler:
Ooh, speaking of little details on Sim-clothing, I believe that's Will Wright on Mia's tank top! :D

Mmm, berry pie is my favorite...

The house is just so pretty, I love all the shots of your Sims just living there. :yes:

Aww, Flynn looks like a great companion for Mandy and seems very popular with the rest of the family too! It also got me thinking... Cats -> spectral cats -> those witch thrones (whatever they're called, haven't got that far into the witchcraft aspect in the game yet) -> how well would they work for keeping a vampire's motives up during daylight hours... ahhhh, too much thinking - I LOVE the depth of this game!
Both got Knowledge, for the time being.
:rotfl: That just hit me funny. Mia and Matt are so darn cute!

So close, I bet you're so excited and deservedly so! My hat's off to you!
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - COMPLETED October 18, 2015

Post by Anne »

Ani-Mei
Spoiler:
Mandy will get the cure, because that's what I promised her. You can read all about it in the last chapter I just posted ;) And don't forget the epilogue if you want to know what will happen to her now. :) I don't think that's wrong! If you want to play them longer, play them longer. :) The Apocalypse medal is a good one, though... I can't wait til mine turns up!
Lorin
Spoiler:
Ooh, I didn't even notice that!
Ahw, thanks Lorin! I really like how it turned out as well, especially after the Artist lift ;)
Mia and Matt are SO adorable! They're my new favourite two Sims. :') I said "for the time being", because I'll move them to Blueberry Island soon, and they'll get a new (rolled for) aspiration then, I think. ;)
Thank youuu! I just posted the last chapter and the epilogue! Hope you enjoy :)
---

Guys guys guys! It's finally here! The last chapter... Chapter 27 - We Did It and also The Epilogue!
I'm so excited! Hope you guys enjoy, and thanks SO much for reading all of this. :)
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

CONGRATULATIONS, Anne, you did it, and made it look easy, too - well done!! :drinks:
Spoiler:
I definitely consider this a textbook case on how to play the Borg Apocalypse, you did such an awesome job all around, and getting Cris back for Mandy was sweet :)

I'm so happy for you!

Looking forward to seeing what Mia and Matt get up to on Blueberry Island!
Image Image
ISTJ
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

PARTY LIKE IT'S 1999!! :celebration:
Spoiler:
Damn, got so excited that I got click happy and posted before I was done. :drinks: :woot: :party2: :chill: Okay, I'm good. I was going to bed but I had to read and post first. :sleepy: But now that I have I think I will go to bed, it's 1:17 AM here and Ani-Mei is tired and seeing things. Time to sleep.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I just read the next-to-last chapter, and am so excited! Wooooow! This is coming along so well, and I'm so proud of you for finishing. Those twins are so adorable!

Lorinsv - The witch thrones are well-able to keep a vampire/witch hybrid going through the day. In fact, you can have them get up and do stuff for a while, and then sit for a pick-me-up, and then do more stuff, and sit for a pick-me-up, and they stay dressed, too. They can sit there and read (study) or chat with others, so it's REALLY fantastic. But that does require certain lifts, so you have to plan for it.

OK, reading the next chapter now. I'll update this post when I finish.
Spoiler:
WOOWWWWW! What incredible luck! Those two just zipped right through without any problems at all!

YOU DID ITTTTTT!!!!

And I love the epilogue. No words necessary. Just super-sweet love. And did you know, beforehand, that raising someone from the dead resets their age? So they are both at the beginning of their elder years, and can enjoy the whole thing together. Awwwww!
Anne, congratulations! You're fantastic!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Lorin :party2:
Spoiler:
THANK YOU! I'm so excited to have actually finished this challenge! It's also very flattering to get that kind of compliment! I loved the strategising part of this challenge - it might have been my favourite part altogether, so it's so gratifying to see it worked out well!

Getting Cris back for Mandy was something that was on the agenda from the moment I decided on my game plan. Those two are meant to be together and it was so sad that he had to die!

Thanks again, Lorin! I loved all of your comments throughout the challenge, they meant a lot! :hug:
Ani-Mei :drinks:
Spoiler:
Hahaha hope you weren't too excited to sleep! Thank you for all your comments, and your support throughout the challenge! :D I'm so excited to have it finished now. :)
Michelle :celebration:
Spoiler:
Yes, that amount of luck was just insane there at the end! You should've seen me alone in my room at my computer, haha! I was beyond excited.

The epilogue was something I had in mind for a long time, so it was so much fun to finally do it! Those two belong together!

Thank you so much, Michelle! Your comments were always so much fun to read and I'm glad you enjoyed it all! :hug:
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Woot! Congrats on Finishing! :applause: :thup: :applause: :goodvibes:

I love the Epilogue and Woot- what a quick end with the jobs right there- Fantastic. :applause:

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”