An Heroic Apocalypse - COMPLETED October 18, 2015

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated June 25, 2015

Post by Lorinsv »

Nice update, and hooray for progress! You sure make it look easy :)
Image Image
ISTJ
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated June 25, 2015

Post by Anne »

Thanks Lorin! Honestly, at this point, it's not all that difficult anymore. Although it all still involved a lot of planning and strategising. The generation 5 kids have now just returned home from college, which is always a fun time with finding jobs! I'm having tons of fun with it. :)
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated July 4, 2015

Post by Anne »

Got another update for you all! Chapter 19 - The Return of the Curse
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

The kids look great - Logan and Lena hardly even need makeovers!

Looking forward to a rash of lifts soon!
Image Image
ISTJ
Gooeybrains

Post by Gooeybrains »

:wave: I just started reading this, and still doing so right now, but I wanted to quickly say how much I'm enjoying it so far. Your idea with your founder, Mandy, was a really good one and I like the way you write. Back to reading I go!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

It's so good to see this one again! I really enjoy your writing style, and you make it all look so fun!

The kids are just adorable, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in college. I'm weird. I actually enjoy university playing.

Things are really coming together for this family. How many restrictions do you have left, anyway? I completely lost track.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated September 18, 2015

Post by Anne »

Oops, forgot to reply to your comments again! I did read and appreciate them. Thanks very much, guys!
Michelle, I'm not sure either at this point, because I'm a lot further on in my game. In the game I've got seven left, so that means I've got twelve left at that point in the story? I'm not sure, though!

It's been a (long) while, but I'm back with an update! Chapter 20 - Biggest Achievement of the Challenge
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Yaaay! I totally relate to not being able to play for long stretches. I've been off-sims for at least a month, now, because reasons (new pain-med patch - I'm permanently high).

Yaaay, lifts! Wow, that really IS a fantastic accomplishment! (Made me LOL) Also, no, I couldn't tell you were excited about that other one. ;-) Those fast lifts, especially pre-Slacker, are the main reason I want to send all the sims to college, and I always force them to get honors.
Spoiler:
Yaaay, being able to expand the house! Even if you don't want to fill it with furniture (Criminal) and can't move stuff (Athletic), just having more space is great! For instance, you could have TWO stairwells to each floor, so if one is blocked, they can use another one. Or just larger areas for indoor hang-outs, without people tripping all over each other. I'm looking forward to it, myself.
Sorry I don't have a lot of specific comments, but I'm woozy and queasy right now, and have to be brief. I did really enjoy it. It's nice to read another apocalypser who has to deal with the problems of vampires and doorbells and daytime activities waking him up, and then the darned vamp being too stupid to GO BACK TO BED!!! Micromanaging, eh? My most frustrating vamp, ever, was the Greek House vamp, who kept waking up to go for pizza. I had to exit without saving SO MANY TIMES. Thank goodness it wasn't for a challenge.

I hope you feel better, soon, and your hands don't hurt so much, and that you keep enjoying the game.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Oh, I hope you feel better/less high soon! My hands are doing a little better, as long as I pace myself when it comes to Simming and just doing stuff on the computer in general :)
Spoiler:
Haha I was SO happy when I was finally freed from that hairstyle! NEVER AGAIN! College is so extremely useful in an Apocalypse! I didn't know you could get level 9 jobs after college before I played this challenge. That was quite a fun discovery!

In my game I'm currently building the new house, but it's not going to be as splendid and amazing as I wanted it to be at first. There are a couple of floating floor tiles that won't be deleted, so that's annoying. But hey, I just want to finish this challenge - that's what it's about!

Thank you for your comment, and don't feel like you should apologise! I love all your comments :) The Greek House vamp sounds like pure horror! :O
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Have you tried using the stuck object remover? It's a CC download, and costs $1, I think. I have to use it, rather a lot. But it does work, most of the time, to get rid of those pesky invisible things.

Mine seem to be usually triggered by some kid putting down their homework, and leaving a "marker."

Either way, I look forward to seeing your new house.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated September 26, 2015

Post by Anne »

Maybe I'll give that a try! Right now, I've just left the foundation of the tower standing, and put a big willow on it, as a sort of monument or something. But perhaps using that would be a better idea, although I'm always a bit hesitant about things like that.

Anyway, there's a new update! Chapter 21 - Priorities
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Ooh, alien heir I look forward to that. Anyway, you make me want to play my Apocalypse again although I have no plot resolution in mind...in th meantime I'll just read yours instead. Nice to see you almost done, what's left again? I forget.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Ani-Mei
Spoiler:
Yep, I kinda had my heart set on an alien heir, so it's gonna happen. :P In my game, I've only got Law Enforcement, Artist, Entertainment and Dance left, but at this point in the updates there's also Security Pet (which Tucker is working on) Natural Science, Business, Criminal and Athletic that needs to be done. So close! :)
Thanks for your comment, Ani-Mei!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated September 27, 2015

Post by Anne »

I'm back already with another chapter! Wrote this one yesterday as well, so I figured I'd might as well upload it today. :) Chapter 22 - Definitely Pregnant
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Spoiler:
Haha, love your "biggest achievement"!

Don't you love the easy-lift payoff after the dry spell of kids growing up and the grind of University?

Hooray for marrying in Lauren Midlock (Jane Cho in my AC). Not only does she make beautiful Sim-babies (Emma! :hearts:), every one of hers in my game were unique! And let's not forget the instant lift too (Business in mine)! Plus, she's an all-around great Sim :D

Oh jeez, just realized you updated again!

:jawdrop: Bad Tucker, bad bad Tucker!

Congrats on lifting Alien Tech too, looking forward to seeing Logan's little nooboo(s) as well as his with Lauren. And hey, at least you can expand the house now to accommodate all the new family members. Seeing Mandy with all her descendants is a real aww moment :whome:

Great update(s!), I'm happy for you and the McHeroes!
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, boy! Two chapters in a row!
Spoiler:
I just want to say, 'BAD TUCKER' over and over. He destroys so much! But, that lift is definitely worth it. Now, to just train him to destroy the RIGHT furniture, so you can upgrade them. ;-)

Congrats on all those kids! And your heiress is cute as a button!

As for shuffling all those kids, it's hard, but it can be done, thanks to the time stasis thing that happens when you switch lots. You could send some to college,, and move them back in, one or two at a time, let them quickly make their lifts, and then move them out again, before moving in the next batch. That's what I had to do that one generation.

I like the expanded house. It's quite nice, I think. Much more cheerful, and a lot less crowded. Yaaay!
This is really coming along!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Alien heir!
Spoiler:
Looks like you have your heir, my alien came too late in the challenge and he wasn't even alien. :( Ah well, nice to see you finally get the one you wanted. You will still finish before me, damn plot drags things out I want to kill it with fire but it works for the challenge oddly enough. Nice updates. :thup:
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Lorin
Spoiler:
Hahaha, it felt SO good to change that hairstyle!
Yes! That spree of lifts was amazing. Although I did have some luck with the jobs showing up quite fast. Generation 6 is having a bit more trouble with that...
Lauren is so wonderful! This is the first time I played her (I think) but I'll definitely keep her in mind for the future!
Tucker was quite the pain in my backside, but I've grown quite attached to him now :roll:
Thanks Lorin! And thanks for sticking with me and the McHeroes for such a long time, means a lot! :hug:
Michelle
Spoiler:
Yes, he was definitely quite a pain! But I did grow sort of attached to him in the end.
Thanks! I love all those Gen 6 kids, they're all so different and gorgeous!
It can definitely be done, I know that much, but it's just not really my playing style. I want to finish the challenge, but I don't want to rush it too much. :)
Thanks Michelle!
Ani-Mei
Spoiler:
Yes! My very first alien heir ever! I'm really happy with her, and she's making a great heir so far. :)
Thanks Ani-Mei! Good luck with yours! Plot can make things quite difficult, but also very interesting. :)
---

I've got another update for you guys! Chapter 23 - The Great Migration of Kids
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated October 2, 2015

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Still one generation ahead of you but you will finish before me which is odd enough. Hehe, nice to see a new update so lacking comment is lacking.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated October 2, 2015

Post by Lorinsv »

Moar commentz! :party2:
Spoiler:
What a great batch of kids, all gorgeous, all unique! (Well, except their aspiration, of course :wink:)

Ethan first comes to mind, but when Eric became a child, he reminded me a lot of Pip in Lucy's AC, whose looks I adore. Though his mouth thinned out as a teen, so less Pip now and more a great looking Sim in his own right. Evan has a great face too, definitely all boy, kinda reminds me of Prince Harry :)

Wow, the kids grew up so fast, though it's not that odd given you're foregoing the lonnnnnng teen stage! Woo, another rash of lifts coming soon!

Kudos again for your flawless adherence to the rules, not an easy thing to do, certainly I haven't been able to pull off that feat in any of mine, including my undocumented (for now) Borg AC.
Image Image
ISTJ

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”