An Heroic Apocalypse - COMPLETED October 18, 2015

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

An Heroic Apocalypse - COMPLETED October 18, 2015

Post by Anne »

Hi all!

I started this Apocalypse in June 2012, and have been toying with the idea of documenting it for a while now. And here it is! It is plotless (I've got enough to worry about as it is - it's an Apocalypse after all), and I am playing with the entire rule set (meaning up until M&G). I'm playing this for fun, so I can't guarantee frequent updating (I'm also playing TS3 and other challenges) but I'll do my best!

I hope you enjoy, and don't be shy about leaving a comment! :)

Chapter 1 - College and Getting Started
Chapter 2 - A Burglar and Some Babies
Chapter 3 - Transitions
Chapter 4 - When Senility Hits
Chapter 5 - Job Trouble
Chapter 6 - Hygiene Hysteria
Chapter 7 - No Drama, For A Change
Chapter 8 - Moving Out and Moving On
Chapter 9 - Hideous but Hilarious
Chapter 10 - This Is The Moment
Chapter 11 - Progress, People!
Chapter 12 - The Chain is Broken
Chapter 13 - Why Didn't I Think of This Earlier?
Chapter 14 - You So Classy
Chapter 15 - University Shenanigans
Chapter 16 - No Time for Romance
Chapter 17 - That Bloody Doorbell
Chapter 18 - Double Trouble
Chapter 19 - The Return of the Curse
Chapter 20 - Biggest Achievement of the Challenge
Chapter 21 - Priorities
Chapter 22 - Definitely Pregnant
Chapter 23 - The Great Migration of Kids
Chapter 24 - We Need a Bigger Table
Chapter 25 - Thank You for the Music
Chapter 26 - Adorableness All Around
Chapter 27 - We Did It
Epilogue
Spoiler:
Restrictions lifted (in order)
Generation 1 - Mandy (founder) - Hopelessness & Adventure
Generation 1 - Cris (spouse) - Military
Generation 2 - Mitch (spouse) - Culinary
Generation 2 - Jane (heir) - Education
Pet - Balin (dog) - Service Pet
Generation 2 - Joel (spare) - Journalism
Pet - Pepper (dog) - Showbiz Pet
Generation 3 - Demi (spouse) - Medical
Generation 3 - Fiona (heir) - Oceanography
Generation 3 - Flora (spare) - Gamer
Generation 4 - Tiffany (spouse) - Science
Generation 4 - David (heir) - Paranormal
Generation 4 - Deborah (spare) - Law
Generation 4 - Derek (spare) - Intelligence
Generation 5 – Luke (spare) – Show Business
Generation 5 – Lucy (spare) – Politics
Generation 5 - Lauren (spouse) - Slacker
Generation 5 – Logan (heir) – Architecture & Alien Technology
Generation 5 - Lena (spare) - Music
Pet - Tucker (dog) - Security Pet
Generation 6 – Ellie (heir) – Athletic
Generation 6 – Emma (spare) – Life of Crime
Generation 6 – Corbin (spouse) – Business
Generation 6 – Eric (spare) – Natural Science
Generation 6 - Evan (spare) - Law Enforcement
Generation 6 - Ethan (spare) - Artist
Generation 7 - Mia - Entertainment
Generation 7 - Matt - Dance
Last edited by Anne on October 18th, 2015, 11:10 am, edited 13 times in total.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated June 24, 2014

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :D

I wasn't sure where I left off reading so I had fun skimming until I found it. Nice update!
Spoiler:
Yay for Flora getting to move out and get married. It was a nice, quick courtship- those are nice sometimes. :firecracker:
Uni can be so long, I need that mod now. :highfive:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated June 24, 2014

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I posted a link to this on my website. I've always enjoyed reading this one, and I hope to see more, soon, when life settles down again for you.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated September 21, 2014

Post by Anne »

Rflong
Spoiler:
Thanks! :D That mod is amazing, it's made university so much more fun to play! I hope you've found it. :)
Michelle - Thank you! I've just posted a new update, and explained at the end why I'm not updating much. Still playing, though. Always playing!

There's a new update, everyone! :)
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Update, yay! Excellent progress :drinks:
Spoiler:
Ooh, I like decisions, decisions too! I'm glad you decided to try lifting Law instead of Show Business - I do loves me Apocalypse fashion tragedies, plus I'm liking the idea more and more to lift Law fairly early in my own Borg Apocalypse, just to eliminate the suppression thing, which I find annoying (but in a good way challenge-wise).
No time for romance in an Apocalypse!
That struck me funny. Can't imagine why :wink:
I love seeing how you play this. It always makes me want to play an AC!
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Yaay! I'm so glad to see an update on this.

Question:
Spoiler:
If they have Adventure, and Education, why aren't they using the Bookcase of Education? All their books are green, instead of gold.
Also.
Spoiler:
Yaaaaaay, Science! One of my favorite lifts! And I totally agree with an early Law lift. Then, you can really do something with Slacker, Law Enforcement and Politics. It's really worth it. And SCIENCE!

With Natural Science and Science, you can put the garden lamps in the basement, put in a garden plots (make sure they are within the 3x3 square under the garden lamp) and have an indoor garden. You may have to move some stuff. I find that an indoor barbecue is an effective way of doing so, if you haven't lifted Athletic, yet. I don't remember. Have you lifted Athletic?

But even without a garden for fresh food points, Science is awesome.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Lorin
Spoiler:
Thank you!
Yes, I'm glad I went for Law in the end as well! Having to wait to lift Slacker, Law Enforcement and Politics until you've lifted Law is SO annoying. And the fashion tragedies are an important part of any Apocalypse, haha!
Hahaha, I actually thought about your Apocalypse when I settled for that title. ;)
Glad to hear you like it! The whole strategising thing is one of the things I love most about this challenge. You really have to think about how you do everything, which I love!
Michelle
Spoiler:
Glad to hear it! :)
I am actually using the Bookcase of Education. Are the books meant to be gold? I didn't know that. They are skilling much faster, so it is all working properly.
Yes, I was so glad to finally get Science out of the way! The house looks much nicer with lights, I really missed those, haha! And I'm glad I decided to go for Law in the end, just to get it out of the way.
I haven't lifted Athletic or Natural Science yet, but I also don't think it's essential for my family to have an indoor garden, since they're never hungry anywa. :)
Thanks for commenting!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Spoiler:
Before my Windows exploded, I was doing a dual-apocalypse. Two founders, at the same time, same town (different sub-hoods, for the weather). One of them read the instruction manual, and communed with her Goddess, and was well prepared. The other dumped the instruction manual on the first day, partied through college, and was woefully unprepared.

Unprepared dude very nearly died before having an heiress, and only had the one. But, he did lift Law. Yes, Law was my first lift for that apocalypse, and I was rather looking forward to seeing how it would all pan out.

Darn Windows.
apocalypticautumn
Steam ID: attackonautumn
Origin ID: attackonautumn

Post Counts

Post by apocalypticautumn »

If one family could survive the apocalypse, it'd be this one!
I can't wait to see more of your freckled brood fighting off disaster. :smirk:
Autumn, Lv26 Magikarp✰
[spoiler]Currently Playing
TS2 - A B Chester: A Giekey Alphabetacy [May 31]
TS3 - The Spectrum's Rainbow Roulette

Elsewhere

Apocalyptic Sims :plumbob: Magikarp Wow
Tweeter&Backloggery[/spoiler]
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Thanks Autumn! I'm feeling the itch to play this family again (and I've got quite a few pictures lined up already), so hopefully I'll be posting a new update soon! :)
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated January 8, 2015

Post by Anne »

A month after I said it would come soon.... Here's an update!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

It's been longer than that for mine so you're not alone...
Spoiler:
I hate the damn door bells, it wakes up Cain all the time and usually he wants to go play chess before I catch him and make him go back to the coffin. Ugh, vampires. :no: Anyway, I thought generation five would have E names not L ones...oh well. Nice update anyway.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Spoiler:
“Aaah, what do I do?! … My wife’s so hot when she’s in labour.”

Doorbell Dina! Yet, how can you hate her, when she's just trying to show her loooove?

And it is true about all the boredom between the awesome, during an apocalypse. Half the time, it's nothing but watching them skill, because there is nothing else they're allowed to do.

Good update, Anne!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Spoiler:
I'm always thankful when my Apocalypse Sims roll those nice little wants for eating sandwiches and cereal!

Arrgh but funny that Fiona and Demi kept ringing the doorbell! Brings back memories of the good o'l days watching Corey like a hawk :wink: I LOVE that picture of Mandy cuddling her great-grandson (Luke?), she is sooooo pretty. A sister Leia for him would have been awesome! I'm always struck by how beautiful TS2 vampires are, which is why I've kept my Corey avatar for so long :hearts:

I haven't managed to get a Sim perma-plat through lifetime aspiration points yet, so congrats to David for getting his!

Glad to see all the promotions too! It would be hard for me to stop when they're all so close to topping their careers. Do you play a set number of days and then post an update?

I got a little confused when you said Derek got promoted to Exorcist, wasn't that supposed to be David? Anyway, with a Cult Leader on the horizon, perhaps Cris's "unique" family status can eventually be remedied. :sly:

More strategizing FTW, can't wait to see who the lucky future Mrs. McHero is going to be!
Loved your update as always :)
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Spoiler:
Actually, it's not too late for a Leia, is it? That would be so cool!
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Ani-Mei
Spoiler:
Gah, it's so annoying isn't it?! Luckily I noticed it right away!
There's no structure to the names. ;) Gen 2 had J names, Gen 3 had F names and Gen 4 had D names. I just thought L would be a fun letter for Gen 5, haha!
Thank you!
Michelle
Spoiler:
I don't care if Demi wants to show her love, if she's waking up the vampire during the day, I get angry. :P Mandy is quite essential for my strategy, haha!

Yep! Very true! At first I got quite bored with that, but now I just put the game on speed 3 if everyone's doing boring stuff. And I just let them play chess if they've got nothing else to do.

Thanks, Michelle! :) And I think I'm not going to call the girl Leia (if they get a girl at some point, that is), because I don't want them to be called after someone else :P
Lorin
Spoiler:
Yes, it's very useful! I was wondering what their fascination with sandwiches was all about, though. :P

Mandy is one of my favourite Sims ever, even though she's quite face one-ish. She's been so important in my Apocalypse and she does indeed make a beautiful vampire! No way I'm going to let her die by sunlight! If she's ever going to die, it's from old age, together with Cris, but I think she and Cris are going to get eternal life as an elderly couple once the Apocalypse is over.

Really? I've had so many Sims get permaplat that way! It sort of takes the challenge out of it in some cases (such as my BaCC). But in the Apocalypse it's very useful!

I don't play a set number of days, I just play until I think enough interesting stuff has happened for an update, or if I think I have enough pictures! There's no structure to my updates really. :lol: Oh, and in my game all three Gen 4 kids have already lifted their restriction. ;)

Whoopsie! Yes, that's my mistake, I'll go fix it right away! And, yep, I'm definitely planning on fixing Cris's whole "being dead" situation. :smirk:

One spoiler: she's a redhead. ;) Thanks Lorin!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Spoiler:
I once had a vampire at college, in a Greek house, and he kept getting up in the middle of the day to go get pizza, even though no one in the lot was even hungry! In fact, for this teen vampire to get to college, it took me three tries, and I had to finally turn off that option to have video of important events. It took him so long to get out of the taxi with his dad, and say goodbye, that he burned up right there on the sidewalk, before I even had the option to click on him! So, yeah, I can see how Dina would annoy the heck out of you. :timebomb:

I think Laura is a nice girl's name. But then you have the "Luke and Laura" thing from that old soap opera, so never mind. How about Larissa?

My apocalypse sims do a lot of sitting and chatting, or just staring into space, because I'm tired of looking at them play chess, and it's faster to have them simply get up off the chair when a passerby needs greeting, than to have them stop playing chess and put away the pieces. But, yeah, there's a lot of boring time. And by the time they die of old age, they've learned all the skills, whether they need them or not, because it's something productive to do.

Sometimes, I wish more things could get dirty, in game, just to give people more stuff to do. Like sweep or vacuum the floors, dust the furniture, wash the windows. Actually, I have seen some autonomous window washing, but it's rare and you can't assign it.
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

Just started reading this (finding apocalypse stories on my kindle is kind of my new nightly routine) and I'm on chapter eight, loving it so far and I'll be back when I've finished them all! :D
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: An Heroic Apocalypse - updated June 25, 2015

Post by Anne »

Wooow I can't believe I have responded to these comments yet! It's been over 6 monhts. SORRY! Thank you both for your comments, I do really appreciate them! :)

Also, after over 6 monhts, there's an update! I plan on finishing this challenge before the end of summer, so there'll probably be quite a lot more updates soon (hopefully...).

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”