The Dulcibella Legacy: Complete

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
WistfulRose

Post Counts

The Dulcibella Legacy: Complete

Post by WistfulRose »

I've been working on this for some time now. In fact, since September of 2014. Now that it is done, I figured it was about time to post it. Don't get me started on how much work posting everything at once was. :faint: But anyway, here it is! I can't promise it will be good since it isn't plotted very much, but I had fun. This all started as something for me to do for fun. So it's a little... weirdish.

Please! If you find any mistakes I would really appreciate a pm explaining the issue so I can fix it, since I didn't really spend much time editing these. Thanks!

Generation One
University
Chapter One

Generation Two
University
Chapter One
Chapter Two

Generation Three
University
Chapter One
Chapter Two

Generation Four
University
Chapter One
Chapter Two

Generation Five
University
Chapter One
Chapter Two

Generation Six
University
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three

Generation Seven
University One
University Two
Chapter One
Chapter Two

Generation Eight
University
Chapter One
Chapter Two

Generation Nine
University One
University Two
Chapter One

Generation Ten
Epilogue

Check out the family picture in this spoiler!
Spoiler:
Last edited by WistfulRose on December 13th, 2015, 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Dulcibella Legacy: Complete

Post by Teresa »

Congratulations on completing your legacy!!
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

HOLY COW congratz Rosie!! :D :D :D Does this mean I'm finally allowed to read this thing? ;) It's a little late at night for me to do it right now, but I will be back!! Congratz!!
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

Thank you both!

Keika:
Hehe, well It's not like I could stop you from reading it now if I tried.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Woooow! Congrats on doing this :D I might have to steal the not publishing idea :shifty:

And imagine my surprise when I suddenly saw my simself being married in :lol: I love the Dulcibellas~ The medal suits you B)
call me Thai!
they/them
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

It definitely takes the pressure off of having to publish.

And thanks. It's kind of nice to hear that about a family that have been by friends for just over a year. :D
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Haha this is so Beyoncé, I love it :P

I'll need to read this when I get the time as well!
hello! :heartbeat:
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Alright, so I finally finished reading! (Phew, busy busy week!) Excellent stuff, Rosie! But since I'll be seeing you in a few hours, I'll hold off on commenting until then. In the meantime, my favorite little joke? Your sim getting his telescope privileges revoked. Hilarious! :D
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

You know there is a mod that prevents Tai Chi outside vacation hoods. I have it and it's saved me from an epidemic of vacation greetings. Glitches are fun, except when they try to kill your game...and I did sit here and read everything in one go, minus an hour to make cheesecakes. It makes the house smell good. I think I will use it for the Boolprop Chef. Anywho, nice going on the whole not publishing thing for over a year. Wish I could do that but plot demands I can't.
Taube
Origin ID: 22Taube

Completed Challenges

Post Counts

Post by Taube »

I just finished this. It was a fun read! I'm really impressed that you could hold in a legacy for that long and finish it! The family was very entertaining, and although you weren't focusing on the prettacy aspect anymore, the last several generations were quite good-looking. Nice job! :D
IchigoMcCoy

Post by IchigoMcCoy »

Read the whole thing. The Dulcibella family looks like they were a fun bunch! I might have to read the books you mentioned. Poor Llarimar and Lucy. It was really sweet how she came for him when it was his time. Also, I don't know what was up with Regalia's husband, whose name escapes me, but wow, way to be a jerk. Also, Evander turned out very handsome!

I would take the idea of not publishing until it's done, but I feel like I would have absolutely no motivation that way. Still, it's a way to have fun with it without having to worry.

Great job on this!
Call me Jessie.
Night Legacy
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Wow! I read the whole thing in one day (2 sittings). I just LOVE coming across a fully completed legacy by a writer I know and enjoy, so I'm really glad you posted this, and seeing it all at once is a special bonus.
Spoiler:
I think your Prettacy was won in the fourth generation, really. No point in saying you "gave up on it." You won it early. And although there was no over-arching plot with a villain to defeat, and such, I do like the fact that each generation had its own struggle, big or small, to deal with. Much more life-like that way, and it was all quite enjoyable and engaging! Also, plenty funny!
I hope I typed the spoiler tags right. The button is gone.

Keep it up! I hope to see more from you. What's your next project?
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

Okay, lots to reply to.

Chase:
Thanks for stopping by! Hope to see you here again soon!

Keika:
Yup, that was one of my favorites,too. :#1:

Ani-Mei:
Hmm... I'll have to look into that. And Cheesecake *drool*.

Taube:
Thanks. It was severely tempting to post it early, but I'd already promised myself I wouldn't. I made it on a whim, and so I figured it was going to be dropped within the first few generations. So I told myself I would only post it if I finished it. Which I ended up doing, so yeah. Here it is!

IchigoMcCoy:
Spoiler:
Llarimar and Lucy were definitely my favorites. They also revived my interest in the family, since things had kind of started to get dull for me. And yeah, what's his name was a real jerk.
As far as publishing goes, I'm the opposite. When I publish it turns into I have to work on it because I need to publish. So this way, I worked on it because I wanted to. It really helped.
Thanks a bunch!

Michelle:
Thanks! Your comment made me feel all warm and fuzzy! :hug:
Spoiler:
You have a point with the prettacy thing. I never thought about it that way.
My next project, hmm... I'm thinking of doing a prosperity. Though I probably won't post until I make it to around the third generation of that one.
I do have a few other plans in the wings, but I'm not quite ready to do them yet. My plans, in no particular order, are as follows:
1) I need to spend some time with the Legrands. I made the mistake of putting too much plot in so I have to sift through all of my notes and figure out what has to happen when and where before I can do anymore. >.<
2) I'm thinking of a mini-challenge spin off for the end of the Dulcibellas. Partly because it didn't really end happy.
3) I also have that DIFT that I started with Vivenna from the Dulcibellas that I can work on, but I'm just not feeling it right now. At this point it might never happen, but I'll see.

Oh, and the spoiler button is this little white box at the end of the second line now.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks for the info about the spoiler button. I had actually found it, already, LOL, but thanks for telling me!
Spoiler:
The nice thing about saving it up to post until you're either finished, or really well along, is that you can just enjoy playing whatever you're in the mood for that day. My moods shift so much, that's why I have multiple projects at once. Yeah, it slows things down, but then I don't get so bored/frustrated with a project that I start rushing through, just to finish it, so I can finally start the one I'm doing.

I actually started a spin-off apocalypse to go with my Alphabetepic Apocalypse, because the mood struck, and I had to do it, and I couldn't wait, but I won't post it any time soon. Also, I've got some other projects just sitting around, waiting for me to play them, whenever the mood strikes. Although right at the moment, I'm back at work on the AA story, because I DO want to finish it.

Of course, posting it all at once, complete, would be amazing, and also very tedious. If I do the all-complete posting thing, I'd probably do one chapter per day, because it takes so long to upload the things, and posting is tedious for me, and that would break it up.
And congrats on the nomination! You deserve it! It really wan an impressive win!

Golly, I use a lot of exclamation marks. My high school English teacher would chide me. Well, if I were a Sims 3 sim, I'd have the "excitable" trait.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”