Rex Plays "The Apocalypse" - Finished June 22nd 2015

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Rex Plays "The Apocalypse" - Finished June 22nd 2015

Post by Lorinsv »

Wow. You are absolutely right, I can't find anything stating that all restrictions must be lifted from the main lot either. I've been an Apocalypse fanatic for eight years and have never seen a player utilize that loophole before. That is major!

If Pinstar still cared, I would ask him to clarify, but he seems only interested in TS4 now.

EDIT: I asked anyway :shifty:
Image Image
ISTJ
platformperil
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post by platformperil »

Lorinsv, you rebel, you.

Although, yeah, I looked through and although I was 500% sure you had to, it does not say. So technically, that was not a breaking of the rules?

Until we hear back from Pinstar.
Uta No Prince Sama!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Yep, I agree absolutely. It's a loophole wide enough to drive a truck through, just can't believe I've never seen any mention of it after the intense scrutiny this challenge has received over the years. :o

It's weird when a widely accepted tenet of the challenge has nothing concrete to back it up. Still shaking my head!
Image Image
ISTJ
platformperil
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post by platformperil »

I remember when the challenge got an overhaul after Apartment Life and Mansions and Gardens came out and I can't believe no one went after it. We have 3 restrictions for the Medicine Cabinet but nothing for this.
Uta No Prince Sama!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Huh, I always operated under the assumption that all restrictions had to be done on the main lot before they counted. Oh well, I'll keep going with the way I've always thought it had to be. I'm nearly done anyway, just slacking on how to conclude mine. Nice to see you done though, always a pleasure to see a challenge through to the end.
Anne
Netherlands

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Anne »

Wow that's a pretty major loophole! I, too, was always under the impression that the restrictions have to be lifted from the main lot. I think that's because the rules do speak of the "legacy family" and "family lot" etc., which kind of creates the illusion of a rule actually stating that lifting restrictions is restricted (haha) to the main lot. Nice one, Rex! I'm going to still play my Apocalypse as if the rule does exist, because part of the fun, to me, is that everyone's all shacked up in the main family house. Adds to the Apocalypse feel, I think.

Congrats on finishing, though, Rex, that's so cool!
Rex
Canada

Post Counts

Post by Rex »

Thank you all for commenting. Glad that it's over and glad to have found a giant loophole in the rules :P
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

:o Whoa, Pinstar actually got back to me regarding Rex's loophole! Source from the Legacy Challenge website:
http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/sims ... /#comments
Me wrote:Hello again!

Looks like the Apoca-borg rules are back up on the kaleiope site!

I just read an interesting Apocalypse on boolprop, where the player (Rex) had some of his Sims who moved out post-Military lift their restrictions from their new home lots and not the original founder’s lot. I scoured the core rules and neither of us could find any mention that restrictions could only be lifted from the original lot. Would Pinstar care to weigh in on this?
Pinstar wrote: The Challenge works a bit like the Legacy Challenge in the sense that sims have to be members of the home family in order to lift restrictions. Moving somebody out AFTER they lift a restriction is fine, but before hand won’t work, even if they hit level 10 off screen.
Will post this clarification in Apocalypse chat as well.
Image Image
ISTJ

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”