The Cygnus Legacy

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Mauricette
Steam ID: coag27
Origin ID: DiamondCoyote

Post Counts

The Cygnus Legacy

Post by Mauricette »

Originally posted Saturday, April 28, 2012

Firstly, I should be blatantly honest.This is not my first attempt at a Legacy Challenge. That being said, I do have every intention of completing it, seeing as I've made a blog in order to document my progress, and what can be construed as a promise to complete it.
The rules for The Sims2 Legacy Challenge can be found here: Legacy Challenge Rules. The handicaps I've chosen are as follows.

1. "Patriarchy/Matriarchy"
2."Free Roaming Ghosts"
3. "One way street"
4. "Strict family values"

In addition to these rules and handicaps, I've got an ace up my sleeve, JUST to ensure I don't get bored out of my skull.

Rules:
Spoiler:
Expansion Pack Challenge Meets Patriarchal Alien Legacy a la Mauricette style!
Keep in mind the term 'alien' is used loosely. Alienhood is easily achieved via the boolprop cheat + [shift] N in Create-a-Sim. To start, install The Sims2 only. You may use an existing neighborhood or create your own. Once you have things squared away begin creating your founder. Naturally, he'll be male, an alien, and simply gorgeous, because lets face it, what alien isn't?
As things tend to do, life goes on. Founder meets townie, founder falls in love, founder and townie marry and then before you know it -BAM! Townies pregnant. Upon the arrival of your sweet, sea-foam bundle of joy, install your first Expansion Pack. Since there are eight of them, they'll last you until your tenth generation, at which point you'll be scott free of the challenge and legacy! Hurray!

Expansion pack Uno: Nightlife
Traveling in style is a must if one dwells downtown and your first heir will be hitting the streets regularly. By golly, you will have the best looking rig out there. When your heir meets his quota of 1 male offspring, a night life is all he'll know ever after. I hope blood agrees with him. (He must become a Vampire.)

Expansion Pack Dos: University
One lone alien against the world! No time for slacking off, I'm afraid. We have much work to do. Let's hope your heirs youth and idealism wins out. There's rumor of a secret society that your heir simply MUST infiltrate in order to learn all the education system secrets; and a dorm is too much of a party, but a fraternity has got to be the bees knees. But dont let your grades slip. Your heir must walk out of college summa cum laude!
Zombiehood is his reward after producing his heir.

Expansion Pack Tres: Open for Business
Owning your own is a feeling that never feels bad, but owning the best is what your next heir strives for! But which scene should he choose? Storybook flower shoppe? European Toy Store? International Technology Center? Or just a restaurant? Five star glory awaits!

Expansion Pack Quatro: Pets
Everyone knows being a pet owner is its own reward and your next heir is simply bonkers about anything scaly, feathery or furry. A womrat and fish tank are fine for children, but before you know it you end up with a bird, two stray dogs and a cat to boot. But we're not giving them a free ride, oh no! All tricks will be learned and all pet career tracks will be topped! Lycanthropy is bonus, if you can pull it off.

Expansion Pack Cinco: Seasons
Ahh, the great outdoors. Your next heir can think of nothing more relaxing than sitting by a pond, fishing pole in hand, or tending to his garden of strawberries and orange trees, or taking an invigorating hike. Gold badges in Gardening and Fishing will be a cinch, having a complete bug set is without mention, and of course, being a member of the garden club is your heirs every dream come true. Extra kudos if he gets more than a green thumb in the process.

Expansion Pack Ses: Bon Voyage
Heir #7 wants to broaden his cultural horizons to the limit! Travel to all the most exotic locales, sample every type of food, learn every custom. So fill up that vacation memory book. Those neighborhood gals got nothing on the fascinating natives he'll meet in his travels. (He must marry someone from a Vacation Neighborhood.)

Expansion Pack Siete: Free Time
Because heir #8 will have a bunch of it, gold badges in EVERYTHING. You think its tough?! So do I! Bwahahaha!

Expansion Pack Ocho: Apartment Life
Heir #9s mission is to befriend a magic user and get her to teach him her ways! Then all he's got to do is make a baby boy and Wallah! Generation 10. Challenge complete. I dont have any special purpose for the last heir, he's free to do as he wishes. He's free of me! And I'll be free of his family!
Chapters:
Hyperion Cygnus
Oceanus Cygnus
Crius Cygnus
Iapetus Cygnus
Astraeus Cygnus
Atlas Cygnus
Ariel Cygnus
Menoetius Cygnus
Poseidon Cygnus
Hades Cygnus
Ares Cygnus