nicholaplaysthesims' Apocalypse [COMPLETE!]

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [20/02/2015]

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

No teens got a job - if you mean Patrick he was an adult at the time. Also I am playing the Seasons rules :) Also glad about the urn problem, nothing I can do really. Thanks for commenting!
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

Spoiler:
Oh man, chapter 6 was a doozy. I'm glad that everything worked out though and the challenge was able to continue. It would have sucked to have to give up so soon! That's really sad that Chase's urn got smashed though. :( He'll never get to come terrorize his kids!
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Spoilery stuff but I need advice:

Education and military are unlocked so I sent the boys to college using the college main screen for sending kids and stuff - but is that allowed? Since I called ahead and got them scholarships they can't use the phone yet so I think they're not allowed to be there. Before I carry on with that save can someone give me some advice - if they're not allowed to be there I'll have them both drop out and pursue something else. They're only one semester in so it's not like I've got to undo a lot.

Thanks for the advice!
Shortstop

Post by Shortstop »

You're playing the seasons rules, right? Question: did you unlock Law Enforcement or Natural Science yet? If not, then just make sure that your teens have 10 body skill points and they go to a college on dirt/desert terrain. I'm a little confused what you mean about the scholarships and the phone situation though. Do you mean they used the phone when they weren't allowed to? I hope that helps a little bit (I'm not that familiar with the challenge, so sorry if I'm wrong!). :)
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

They both had 10 body skill after their ability to skill was unlocked - but they can only use a phone to call people on Tuesdays. I did send them both on a Tuesday but something just doesn't feel right. Hopefully someone can give me advice! They are at La Fiesta Tech so it's a desert terrain.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Nothing wrong with using the neighbourhood screen to send them to uni. I did in my Apocalypse. Only because I like to have them all pool their schloarship money and have more to build with once they get there. My uni attached to Angel's Haven is the Academie Le Tour one although I realized it didn't have dirt or sand terrain after the fact...oh well. Natural Science is one of generation five's lifts so it will fix that little fubar for me once I finish the college runs. And well college is a unique thing, I don't know if it had to be dirt or sand as well since the rule set I have is for all EP's and SP's up to M&G. For me my rules include the M&G architecture with the FT rules.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Regarding rules:

I think that it's fine to send the kids to college from the college screen. Just be sure they apply for scholarships when the phone lines are open. They can drive there, and start their year any time they want. You can, in fact, stagger it, so one day you send one, then send another the next day, etc., if you like. In fact, I'll be using that in my own apocalypse, when I reach the point where I say "Who needs scholarships, just GO, already!"

As for teens getting jobs, I haven't seen any mention of it in the Business restrictions, but I'm using Bon Voyage. Law Enforcement, however, clearly states that sims need 10 body skill to go anywhere, with the only two exceptions being that adults without body skill can go to work, and elders can move out, if moving out is enabled by Military and Journalism/Science.

So, I think you're doing just fine.

As for Ani-Mei's Angel Haven, I like how you made the grass "toxic green," which allowed for a green terrain, even without the Natural Science lift. Sometimes, you just have to do what works to tell the story.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [02/05/2015]

Hi Michelle!

Sorry it's been a while I got burned out on this challenge. Like I said they both have 10 body skill (thanks to the athletic unlock which you don't know about yet shh) so that helps. College has certainly been an experience, I may wait a while before sending future generations! I also love the toxic green, storylines rule! I don't know how you guys do it!

Also another chapter! HERE!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :mrgreen:

You're doing Awesome~ I enjoyed the ups and downs and ghosts and Uni. Love the light pictures and your CC. Keep it up! :bounce:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Nice update! It's amazing how many lifts you've already done!
Spoiler:
Too bad about sleeping through classes and getting expelled. Did he miss the final? I hardly ever send my sims to class. I just have them do the assignments, instead, or study from a bookcase, if I have sufficient sims there to join and make it worthwhile.

That is SO WEIRD about the crying over the desk. Sims. They are strange.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Hi Rflong7! Thank you for reading, university went quick in my opinion, it was certainly something!

Hi Michelle! I'm convinced the lifts were just pure chance, thanks to the amount of kids. Aside from all of generation two I'm surprised that nobody else has died yet! He went to his final but he didn't do enough assignments, or finish his term paper. I was hoping that I could cancel him going to his exam to at least finish the term paper but nope, not a chance. Ah well, things happen. And the desk, I tried deleting the desk and putting it back. Replacing it, reloading the save, nothing worked! The books just helped, I think they're only +1 environment so it isn't too bad, the fact that the house was normally covered in plates seemed to compensate just fine.
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [17/05/2015]

MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Spoiler:
Well, the heir and spouse are doing great, but Joseph! Wow. He's just kind of a loser, isn't he? You're right. He totally does not deserve to lift Gamer.

Good luck with Paranormal! I love getting rid of the ghosts. I don't like free-range ghosts, so I don't just put them outside. I move them all the way to a cemetery. No scaring my sims to death, if they're not even on the lot! Besides, I can always move them back again, if I really want to.
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [22/06/2015]

A lazy update is still an update, right?

Eleven
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Wow, I've been offline for about six weeks, and I come back to a bunch of updates.

Your sims, I must say, seem to be a bit less intelligent than other sims. Seriously? Mopping?

Also, I don't know if the shelves are OK with the rules, or not (I don't check your rules set), but they look fantastic! Besides, with Paranormal lifted, they can be put anywhere on the lot, regardless of the 8x8 spacing restrictions, so why not on the shelf? It looks so cool.

Well, this makes me want to get back to playing again. Thanks!
apocalypticautumn
Steam ID: attackonautumn
Origin ID: attackonautumn

Post Counts

Post by apocalypticautumn »

Finally all caught up on this! :sly:

[spoiler]I've always wanted to play an apocalypse, but they legit terrify me. :cover:
You've been handling things so well though!! By this point, you've reached the "definitely can make it" stretch of the challenge.[/spoiler] [/size]
Autumn, Lv26 Magikarp✰
[spoiler]Currently Playing
TS2 - A B Chester: A Giekey Alphabetacy [May 31]
TS3 - The Spectrum's Rainbow Roulette

Elsewhere

Apocalyptic Sims :plumbob: Magikarp Wow
Tweeter&Backloggery[/spoiler]
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

Just read all of your apocalypse!
Spoiler:
Jeez, what a whirlwind its been. That disaster though, Daisy was seriously a shining star for being able to take care of her brothers like she was though. So good job for her. You're doing really well with it too!
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

I missed all your guys comments :duh:
But thanks all for reading and commenting, love you all loads! :candyheart:
I haven't played the family for a while but I do still have my notebook handy and I am still planning out the order of lifts. Always planning!

:plumbob2: :plumbob2:
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :applause:

Still going strong! Keep it up. :coffee: :donut:
ChokolateBanana

Post by ChokolateBanana »

I'm in love with this story :D I started reading it out of pure boredom but now I find myself eagerly waiting for the next chapter! It looks difficult as heck, I think I would have just given up on it after my first failure o.o Also, your pictures look gorgeous!
Pssst, it has plantsims!

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”