nicholaplaysthesims' Apocalypse [COMPLETE!]

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [26/02/2016]

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
So how many do you have left? I just ended on six so there was no need for a seventh generation. Anyway medal buddy I look forward to the say when you can tie me again with 21. Seems the Y chromosome curse has finally been broken. :celebration:
cholliebear

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [26/02/2016]

Post by cholliebear »

I've been gone for a while and saw three updates, woo!
Spoiler:
The twins are so gorgeous, and I did giggle when they decided to high five over getting academic probation; Legacy sims at their finest.
And every time I read this, I really want to start an apocalypse; but I'm still in the middle of CC for my game. x)
Plus a girl! Wooo, I mean boys are cute and all, but a change is always nice!
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [28/02/2016]

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

Ani-Mei wrote:
Spoiler:
So how many do you have left? I just ended on six so there was no need for a seventh generation. Anyway medal buddy I look forward to the say when you can tie me again with 21. Seems the Y chromosome curse has finally been broken. :celebration:
Spoiler:
I'd have probably been finished sooner if the whole of generation two didn't just DIE like they did. Or if Jill didn't die. Either way, what happened happened.
cholliebear wrote:I've been gone for a while and saw three updates, woo!
Spoiler:
The twins are so gorgeous, and I did giggle when they decided to high five over getting academic probation; Legacy sims at their finest.
And every time I read this, I really want to start an apocalypse; but I'm still in the middle of CC for my game. x)
Plus a girl! Wooo, I mean boys are cute and all, but a change is always nice!
Spoiler:
Sims, gotta love em. An apocalypse is the most terrifying save I've ever done but now we're closer to the end I can panic a little less every time.
Aaaaand Seventeen :unicorn:
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [05/03/2016]

Since I'm on annual leave, have a chapter!

Eighteen
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [05/03/2016]

Post by Ani-Mei »

Heh, we call it March Break over here.
Spoiler:
At least you can use the weather machine now since Alien Tech is done. I never needed it when I was doing the lift, I also have the larger household hack and the Trips and Quads so knowing my luck I'd have ended up with alien quads. I did away with Winter all together as soon as Music was done, I had enough of it. So close to the end and that medal to tie me again.
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [06/03/2016]

Ani-Mei wrote:Heh, we call it March Break over here.
Spoiler:
At least you can use the weather machine now since Alien Tech is done. I never needed it when I was doing the lift, I also have the larger household hack and the Trips and Quads so knowing my luck I'd have ended up with alien quads. I did away with Winter all together as soon as Music was done, I had enough of it. So close to the end and that medal to tie me again.
Spoiler:
I didn't need to use the weather machine since the snow dropped pretty quick, I never needed it really I don't use aspiration rewards often but it's nice to have. I considered the larger household hack but then I was scared that ACR would produce some uninvited guests.
And Nineteen
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Hate to burst your bubble but *pop* it was the FT Lifetime Aspiration skill that give them auto platinum. I love that thing, saved me many an aspirational failure in my Apocalypse. Also Fire Safety, to those who undervalue those FT skills, try playing an Apocalypse without them. So close to the end, one more chapter I assume? And then we can be medal buddies again. Yay!
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Ani-Mei wrote:
Spoiler:
Hate to burst your bubble but *pop* it was the FT Lifetime Aspiration skill that give them auto platinum. I love that thing, saved me many an aspirational failure in my Apocalypse. Also Fire Safety, to those who undervalue those FT skills, try playing an Apocalypse without them. So close to the end, one more chapter I assume? And then we can be medal buddies again. Yay!
Spoiler:
I only found out about FT aspiration about a year ago, crazy how much I didn't know! And nope, not one left. But another 5 chapters worth of this crap! I'll be done within the week.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Sounds like me, with plot I had 26 episodes well 27 if you count the Interlude 3. I'll be waiting then.
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [07/03/2016]

Twenty

Here's the next one, maybe another tonight or first thing tomorrow? 4 left!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [07/03/2016]

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Wow! So many chapters to read:

Chapter 17
Spoiler:
I love that "it doesn't have to make sense." LOL! Great use of those lifts, btw.

Awww, the kids are so cute!

Awww, GRACE!

Well, if you're rich, the money-loss chance cards aren't so bad. I hate the skills or career level loss ones, though.

Any Grandma's Comfort Soup in the fridge? That's my favorite part of Culinary lift - I stock that fridge with oodles of soup. Man, I LOVE Freetime.

OMG, you have the CUTEST sim kids!

OK, I don't usually replace defaults, but I have to say, your default replacements are just lovely. I LOLed at how the matchmaker seems to match the season.

Yeah, I love the Artist lift - not only can you boost the environment, but with painting and instruments, that Creativity soars. AND it's fun, so even without a Pets Showbiz lift, it keeps the kids busy and productive. Not a problem for you, but yeah, it's a favorite lift for me.

As for homework, I'd be lost without that mod, from ModtheSims, that allows you to put a little picture of the student wherever you want them to place their homework, so you always know where it will be. Warning, if you have 11 of them in the same small room, some of them will inevitably wind up elsewhere, but most of them are easy to spot.

Poor Teddy. Well, passing out is better than dying. Great chapter!
Chapter 18
Spoiler:
Marnie is a beautiful heiress.

OMG, that outfit. And then I saw the "Concert Pianist" label. I know that's what she wore BEFORE Concert Pianist, but it just made me snort.

I really admire how you make the teens get 10 body to go to high school. I've never done that, but it really adds to the challenge.

Wow, Theo knows how to give a back-handed compliment. Yikes!

Ummm, I don't see what you did there, actually. But that sky! Is that a mod? It looks both beautiful and freaky, at the same time.

BTW, exercise and making out are excellent ways to boost the sim's body temperature. Especially if they are too silly to put on a coat.

Ooooh, it's an epidemic!

Huzzah! Seasons! Warmth!

Congrats on the alien lift. - Was that telescope within the 8x8 area, or was it left as a gift, or something? Or is Politics lifted, but you didn't want to build? I forgot. So many chapters, and so many lifts... It's easy to forget. But, yaay! Alien tech!

Oh, brother, pleasure sim in an apocalypse! Get that Show Business lift quickly!

Off to college. This will be fun!
Chapter 19
Spoiler:
Marnie - wise enough to wear a coat, even in the springtime. Yes, she'll make a fine heiress.

NO SNOWWWW!

I LOVE Freetime. BOOM.

Angie - too stupid to live. Good thing she's not the heiress. LOL!

OK, playing in the rain in the longjohns. Not too smart, but hey! Cool longjohns!

Awww, sibling rivalry.

I feel for Angie. Poor girl.

Oooh, Ouch! Poor Teddy! No diploma. What was his lift, again? Not Show Business.
Chapter 20
Spoiler:
Alright, three jobs in one day, a marriage, and only two more children needed. It's so close!

Poor Angie!

BWAHAHAHAAAAA! The one who failed college is the one for Life of Crime. I love it.

Kevin - why do none of my professors look like that? Good lift choice, too.

OMG! That work-out bike is EVIL! Evil, I tell you! Seriously, sims die from that thing! It has such a lure!

WOOOT! Go Kevin!

Oh, no! Kevin! What about your vows? Sheesh! The drama.

Oh, wait. Snow in Summer? Whhaaaaaa? I guess it's been there so darned long, it takes that long to melt?

OK, Rhys needs an attitude adjustment. Although if he's fighting Kevin for cheating on Marnie, then I approve. For that.

LOL. Marnie is so blind.

Elder pets - can't get a job, and don't last long, but they're nice to have around. Yaay, for the anti-aging pet food.

Wow, these guys sure know how to climb the ladder. Now, if Kevin can just get his job.

FINAL BABY!
Wow. This is so close! So exciting!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated x2 [08/03/2016]

Oh my gosh thank you for all of those comments! OH MY GOD THAT MEANS THE TELESCOPE WAS ILLEGALLY PLACED. If I hadn't played ahead I'd have just moved it I am so annoyed right now. I can't believe I missed that ugh. Well alien tech isn't completely necessary to finish the challenge so I'm classing it as an illegal lift and it won't count. Also something happens next chapter which since it's already done I can't undo. When a certain cat moves out the aspiration reward goes too so it was placed but actually never used.

On that note, have a chapter. edit: have two

Twenty-One | Twenty-Two
platformperil
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [08/03/2016]

Post by platformperil »

Spoiler:
...okay you know what, you should be allowed to keep alien tech for that pun alone. Jesus.

Also mistakes happen, don't beat yourself up about it. You had a really hard challenge start BUT LOOK AT YOU ALMOST DONE. I'm super proud and super excited!
Uta No Prince Sama!
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

platformperil wrote:
Spoiler:
...okay you know what, you should be allowed to keep alien tech for that pun alone. Jesus.

Also mistakes happen, don't beat yourself up about it. You had a really hard challenge start BUT LOOK AT YOU ALMOST DONE. I'm super proud and super excited!
Spoiler:
It came to me as I typed it, it seemed so perfect. I'm annoyed but I've overcome worse, the challenge nearly didn't go ahead after the sudden demise of all of Gen 2 so look where we are now! :D Thanks so much for commenting I'm excited for the ending! 2 more chapters to go!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
So who was that guy? Is it a British thing? The only one who's screaming about illegal aliens on this side of the pond is Donald Trump and I'm not even American. Anyway call that abduction karmic retribution for cheating with Angie, even if Marnie never noticed then the aliens sure did. So close to the end...you may catch me, or rather you would have but I have a new medal now. :)
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :)
Spoiler:
Woot! You're done with the Challenge and almost done with chapters!

I like Uni, it does get a little long is true.
Oh, goodness all the family drama with the fights and the romance.

Oops about the Abduction but you should keep going. You didn't mean it and it really didn't help. We all mess up. :)
Lol! the play on words.XD
Love the kids, and the little alien twins.

Woot! :mrgreen:
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [09/03/2016]

Thanks all for your comments! I'm just trying to sleep off some dental work and then I'll post the final chapter! Until then, have 23.

Twenty-Three
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [09/03/2016]

Post by Ani-Mei »

So close...
Spoiler:
Ah well done, second last chapter is up and now we wait for the finale.
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse [COMPLETE!]

Twenty-Four

It's over. It's finally over! :D
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse [COMPLETE!]

Post by Sam »

I've fallen behind and need to catch up on your updates, but CONGRATS! on finishing the challenge! :D

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”