nicholaplaysthesims' Apocalypse [COMPLETE!]

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [17/05/2015]

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

Just wanted to jump in here with a quickie update. The challenge is now one year (and ten days) old and I haven't played since July b/c that save truly scares me - but I am working on it very slowly and hope to have an update out soon! I want this finished by the end of 2016!
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [24/01/2015]

Twelve

I promise I won't wait six months to update it again.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

WOOOOOOTTTTT! I was just re-reading this a couple of days ago, and now there's an update! Yaaay!
Spoiler:
Oh, my goodness. It's like Joshua became a pod-person, replaced by someone actually useful! He brings in a pet AND lifts his career? WOW!

Too bad about the death, and the location, but you can put that urn on the shelf and out of the way. Yaay! You know, with Paranormal lifted, if the ghosts still bother you, and you don't mind losing the aesthetic, you can send those urns/tombstones to a cemetery lot. You don't even have to go there. Just click on the tombstones, and select move them. That's my favorite way to survive murderous ghosts.

I'm so glad Theo can go to school again. Although I always figured if that schoolbus was safe enough for children, it was safe enough for teens. I figure it's an armored bus, with guns in the headlights. However, I don't let the kids walk to school unless they have the 10 body, same as if they were walking to a job or a community lot. Your rule is harder, and I salute your success! BTW, walking to school on a snow day is a good way to keep the kids alive when food is limited (before Culinary lift). Gotta love that school lunch.

Awwww, I hope you weren't planning on him going to college. Surprise!

Heeeeey! With Gamer and Science lifted, you can use the computer for job searches, which yield more openings per day AND higher leveled openings, if you have the skill/friend requirements. With college, you can start at level 9, if you have the grades in the right major, but even without it, you can start at level 6.

And the lights! Your house is just so pretty!

Also, congratulations on getting started on the next generation. I just love those "censor blurs" you used. I'm not sure if there's a baby on the way, yet, but there's a spouse, and when they're ready, they can start with the baby, so YAAAY!
Great chapter!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

MichelleCYoung wrote:WOOOOOOTTTTT! I was just re-reading this a couple of days ago, and now there's an update! Yaaay!
Spoiler:
Oh, my goodness. It's like Joshua became a pod-person, replaced by someone actually useful! He brings in a pet AND lifts his career? WOW!

Too bad about the death, and the location, but you can put that urn on the shelf and out of the way. Yaay! You know, with Paranormal lifted, if the ghosts still bother you, and you don't mind losing the aesthetic, you can send those urns/tombstones to a cemetery lot. You don't even have to go there. Just click on the tombstones, and select move them. That's my favorite way to survive murderous ghosts.

I'm so glad Theo can go to school again. Although I always figured if that schoolbus was safe enough for children, it was safe enough for teens. I figure it's an armored bus, with guns in the headlights. However, I don't let the kids walk to school unless they have the 10 body, same as if they were walking to a job or a community lot. Your rule is harder, and I salute your success! BTW, walking to school on a snow day is a good way to keep the kids alive when food is limited (before Culinary lift). Gotta love that school lunch.

Awwww, I hope you weren't planning on him going to college. Surprise!

Heeeeey! With Gamer and Science lifted, you can use the computer for job searches, which yield more openings per day AND higher leveled openings, if you have the skill/friend requirements. With college, you can start at level 9, if you have the grades in the right major, but even without it, you can start at level 6.

And the lights! Your house is just so pretty!

Also, congratulations on getting started on the next generation. I just love those "censor blurs" you used. I'm not sure if there's a baby on the way, yet, but there's a spouse, and when they're ready, they can start with the baby, so YAAAY!
Great chapter!
Thank you so much! I can't believe it's been so long, I genuinely thought it'd been a month or two. My bad. Thanks for the tips! I think Jill is going to go for slacker, babies first then a lift so that way we can actually make some progress. One/two kids a generation just isn't enough! :headache: Yes I've decided the censor blurs made me laugh enough on my simblr that they can come into my LJ saves too. The string lights are just because they look like decor too so I feel the house is more of a home :rofl: We'll be finished before the end of the year, here's hoping!
cholliebear

Post by cholliebear »

Yaay an update, I can't wait to read it. :bounce:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Brandi could have walked to work since Military was lifted but that's just me. I don't remember if she had enough Body points or not. And I did forget who was who, Anywho, nice chappie, I'm almost done mine too, I have one chapter left and I can hardly believe it's been over two years since I started my Apocalypse.
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Ani-Mei wrote:
Spoiler:
Brandi could have walked to work since Military was lifted but that's just me. I don't remember if she had enough Body points or not. And I did forget who was who, Anywho, nice chappie, I'm almost done mine too, I have one chapter left and I can hardly believe it's been over two years since I started my Apocalypse.
Spoiler:
OH MY GOD I THOUGHT IT WAS SLACKER :duh: At least she topped it so I'm okay with that. Brandi's the highest skilled sim in the family with almost maxed out everything! I can't believe how long it's been but as soon as I picked up the save again I was playing like I'd never been away :)
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Yes, she missed the carpool but did not miss work itself, it always gives you an hour to get there. Unless you got the message "Brandi has missed work, if she's not careful it may cost her the job." or something along those lines. I was freaking out about it too when Eve glitched on the stairs since the damn wolf was blocking her path, she missed her carpool but since Mimete had lifted Military and Eve had the Body points she walked.
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [30/01/2015]

I've had nothing better to do so here!
Thirteen
:fight:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
I was lucky to never have a ghost death, Paranormal was my first lift just for that reason. Guess we'll never know what that third baby was going to be, could have been that girl you wanted so much too. So you still have elders right? They can help out with the babies so you can still get that Slacker lift. Anyway, nice chapter. Here's hoping you binge play right to the end.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Gaaaah!
Spoiler:
So, Joseph doesn't freeze to death, but poor Jill gets scared to death TWICE?

OK, see, this is why I send all my dead sims to the community graveyard, unless I have a VERY specific reason to keep the at home. I don't know if keeping them in inventory will break your game, but sending them to the graveyard has never given me a problem.

Wow. That's so sad, and yet so apocalyptic. And you're so far along, this sort of thing shouldn't even happen by now. You have food, baths, good beds. Why are her needs always so low? She was probably carrying quads, or something. Yeah, stuff like this keep apocalypse stories interesting. Even toward the home stretch, it's still dangerous.

Well, if you ever do bring her back, maybe you'll finally have that daughter you want?
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

Finally got caught up after a long break from all things Sims. Can't wait for more updates!! I also kinda want to try my own apocalypse if I can ever get my computer to play the Sims without overheating and shutting off...
Spoiler:
You're making such good progress!! Oh my gosh, I love the family. I had to re-read everything all at the same time because I had forgotten where I stopped reading, so I got to relive everything, including that terrible chapter where everyone except the kids died. I'm so glad that things are working out now though and your Sims aren't dying.

I was heartbroken when Chase's urn was smashed. Not so much when Le Shawn's was though. She was just an absolutely terrible ghost!!

Those string lights make me so happy! I have battery powered string lights in my dorm at college and I love how soft the light is, and just the aesthetic of string lights. So although the Sims version looks different from my own lights, I still love them.
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [18/02/2016]

I am the literal worst at responding to comments pls forgive me :swoon:
Ani-Mei wrote:
Spoiler:
I was lucky to never have a ghost death, Paranormal was my first lift just for that reason. Guess we'll never know what that third baby was going to be, could have been that girl you wanted so much too. So you still have elders right? They can help out with the babies so you can still get that Slacker lift. Anyway, nice chapter. Here's hoping you binge play right to the end.
Spoiler:
I've had legacy lots with ghosts but this is something else. I am shocked and appalled by the state of my ghosts! Family is important in an apocalypse so everyone just has to band together and deal with it! :highfive:
MichelleCYoung wrote:Gaaaah!
Spoiler:
So, Joseph doesn't freeze to death, but poor Jill gets scared to death TWICE?

OK, see, this is why I send all my dead sims to the community graveyard, unless I have a VERY specific reason to keep the at home. I don't know if keeping them in inventory will break your game, but sending them to the graveyard has never given me a problem.

Wow. That's so sad, and yet so apocalyptic. And you're so far along, this sort of thing shouldn't even happen by now. You have food, baths, good beds. Why are her needs always so low? She was probably carrying quads, or something. Yeah, stuff like this keep apocalypse stories interesting. Even toward the home stretch, it's still dangerous.

Well, if you ever do bring her back, maybe you'll finally have that daughter you want?
Spoiler:
Joseph can be the worst sometimes, so unfair! I'm always scared in this family but hopefully now everything can just relax and be plain sailing until the end! :sleepy:
simsterlyrock wrote:Finally got caught up after a long break from all things Sims. Can't wait for more updates!! I also kinda want to try my own apocalypse if I can ever get my computer to play the Sims without overheating and shutting off...
Spoiler:
You're making such good progress!! Oh my gosh, I love the family. I had to re-read everything all at the same time because I had forgotten where I stopped reading, so I got to relive everything, including that terrible chapter where everyone except the kids died. I'm so glad that things are working out now though and your Sims aren't dying.

I was heartbroken when Chase's urn was smashed. Not so much when Le Shawn's was though. She was just an absolutely terrible ghost!!

Those string lights make me so happy! I have battery powered string lights in my dorm at college and I love how soft the light is, and just the aesthetic of string lights. So although the Sims version looks different from my own lights, I still love them.

Spoiler:
Thanks for re-reading, I had to do it too because it had been so long I forgot names :rofl:. Chase broke me, he was so innocent. And then there was La Shawn. Screw her! I've never been so happy to see lights ever. Ever!!!!
EDIT: Fourteen :drinks:
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [18/02/2016]

Post by simsterlyrock »

Woo!! New update!!
Spoiler:
Loved the update, as usual. The twins are gorgeous! And Theo is so close to topping his career and unlocking something else. It seems like you're making pretty good progress on the challenge. I'm not sure how much else you actually have to unlock, but it seems like you've already done most of it.
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [20/02/2016]

simsterlyrock wrote:Woo!! New update!!
Spoiler:
Loved the update, as usual. The twins are gorgeous! And Theo is so close to topping his career and unlocking something else. It seems like you're making pretty good progress on the challenge. I'm not sure how much else you actually have to unlock, but it seems like you've already done most of it.
Spoiler:
Thank you! They're a little flat faced but it adds to the beauty of an apocalypse I think. I've updated the front page to show what's left if it helps because I'm only playing the seasons rules.
And as a special treat, because I'm bored on a Saturday!
Fifteen :woot:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [20/02/2016]

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Just read 14 and 15
Spoiler:
Joseph doesn't even know his nephews, does he? I mean, can he even tell them apart? Gee, whiz, other than lifting his lift and teaching the dog, he's pretty much annoyance, personified.

On 15, I saw that opening slide, and thought, waaaaaiiiiiittt. That shouldn't even be possible! Then, I remembered that night that a burglar burgled my vampire's house, and realized it's really rare, but it is possible.

GAAAH, glitches! I would have reloaded from a previous save, if I could, because GAAAAHHHH! I'm glad you got it fixed. Remind me never to fiddle with my mods while sims are at an exam. Better yet, never fiddle with my mods during the last half of a semester. Or maybe, while they're at uni, at all.

But they graduated, and there's a new spouse on the way, and things are looking up for the next generation! Yaaay!
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Mcloughlin Apocalypse - Updated [26/02/2016]

MichelleCYoung wrote:Just read 14 and 15
Spoiler:
Joseph doesn't even know his nephews, does he? I mean, can he even tell them apart? Gee, whiz, other than lifting his lift and teaching the dog, he's pretty much annoyance, personified.

On 15, I saw that opening slide, and thought, waaaaaiiiiiittt. That shouldn't even be possible! Then, I remembered that night that a burglar burgled my vampire's house, and realized it's really rare, but it is possible.

GAAAH, glitches! I would have reloaded from a previous save, if I could, because GAAAAHHHH! I'm glad you got it fixed. Remind me never to fiddle with my mods while sims are at an exam. Better yet, never fiddle with my mods during the last half of a semester. Or maybe, while they're at uni, at all.

But they graduated, and there's a new spouse on the way, and things are looking up for the next generation! Yaaay!
Spoiler:
Joseph doesn't know what day it is so I'm not worried. The guys were at an exam and the burglar came as they both walked back so I just sat there helpless and let it happen. It is rare, but in this save I expect nothing less. I probably should have reloaded but I panicked and once they came back I just had to move things along. I'm just going to play one save to completion and then never play anything else again.
AAAAAAAAAND.

Sixteen :spin:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

nicholaplaysthesims wrote:I'm just going to play one save to completion and then never play anything else again.
Nooooo! Say it ain't so!

Oh, boy, new chapter!
Spoiler:
Yay, Tosha! And they're all getting started on their lifts. Great!

Awww, Theo and Teddy are so cute together. And I think it's fitting to be named after him.

That one spot of weed - maybe there's an unmopped puddle under all that snow? Weird.

Oh, that bump. OWWW.

ANGIEEEEEEEE! Hoooray! I'm guessing we have an heiress? Because girl?

Oh, yeah, lucky chance cards. They can be a pain when they're bad, but when they are good, they really can be oh, so good! I've only seen a small handful that jump more than one level in a promotion. Most are one level, then there's the odd 2 levels, and then there's Natural Science. WOOOOT! No, really, this is real and totally fair. You're just that lucky!

I forget - do you have Business and Criminal lifted? Because with Business, Criminal, and Natural Science, you can fill the house with snapdragons. No more death-by-pregnancy! If you don't have one of those, may I suggest Tosha change her career? Because SNAPDRAGONS!

Also, with Science, you can but in a basement (just hollow out your foundation, put in some stairs, and go down there, and add a garden lamp, and you can have fresh food! Yaaaay!
nicholaplaysthesims
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

MichelleCYoung wrote:
nicholaplaysthesims wrote:I'm just going to play one save to completion and then never play anything else again.
Nooooo! Say it ain't so!

Oh, boy, new chapter!
Spoiler:
Yay, Tosha! And they're all getting started on their lifts. Great!

Awww, Theo and Teddy are so cute together. And I think it's fitting to be named after him.

That one spot of weed - maybe there's an unmopped puddle under all that snow? Weird.

Oh, that bump. OWWW.

ANGIEEEEEEEE! Hoooray! I'm guessing we have an heiress? Because girl?

Oh, yeah, lucky chance cards. They can be a pain when they're bad, but when they are good, they really can be oh, so good! I've only seen a small handful that jump more than one level in a promotion. Most are one level, then there's the odd 2 levels, and then there's Natural Science. WOOOOT! No, really, this is real and totally fair. You're just that lucky!

I forget - do you have Business and Criminal lifted? Because with Business, Criminal, and Natural Science, you can fill the house with snapdragons. No more death-by-pregnancy! If you don't have one of those, may I suggest Tosha change her career? Because SNAPDRAGONS!

Also, with Science, you can but in a basement (just hollow out your foundation, put in some stairs, and go down there, and add a garden lamp, and you can have fresh food! Yaaaay!
Spoiler:
Nah, I like sims too much to quit but I'm scared to switch between saves right now so I'll have to binge play. Ohhhh nooooo :awesome:

Everyone is getting on with their lifts and it's just the way I like it.

Sometimes I forgetful with names but this one just worked, it's too late now anyway.

It hasn't come back for a while *cough snow melted music lift cough* so I think that one patch was just a phase.

That bump clearly meant girl so I'm not complaining, say hello to a heiress!

No business or criminal yet but everyone has lived so far.

Huh, didn't know that about science - something to consider. Thanks for the tip and thank you for reading! You always comment and it makes me so happy! :hugs:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Spoiler:
Yeah, I love the garden lamp, but it takes both Nat. Sci, and Science to unleash the power. Bonus - no bugs, because it's all indoors! You still have to weed, though. How weed seeds get into a basement is beyond me.

Anyway, that is definitely one advantage of having your apocalypse home with a real foundation. you give up the car, but with an early Military lift, the car isn't necessary. And a basement gives more space or the option to have a garden, or even a pond, for fishing, once Oceanography is lifted! It's GREAT!

And you're nearly done, anyway, so this is all academic for you.

I relate to the problems with switching between saves. What's mod for one may not be a mod for the other. Well, I guess it's extra motivation to finish, right?

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”