Badass Alphabetocalypse - Completed April 19, 2015

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: Badass Alphabetocalypse - Updated April 2, 2015 - Chap.

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :)

I keep forgetting to tell you how I'm having Fun reading your Apocalypse. You are just breezing along and that's so Awesome! Good work. :bounce:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

You'll be done before me, damn you plot flies!! Ah well...I remember seeing that Evil Spock episode long time ago, it was on some random channel and I just happened across it. Nice to see you nearly done. :thup:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, guys!

Yeah, I saw that picture, and I just HAD to have it hanging in my Badass house. Especially with the timing.

I'm glad I'm nearly done, because I have other projects in the works, including a new one to which my sister has challenged me. She's going to write the rules for it herself, so I expect there will be much misery and aspiration failures, as happy sims bore her.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Spock! Yes he is most assuredly a badass. I've always loved loved Spock. And the pic of "Evil" Spock love it.
You're nearly there. Yay for getting rid of the ghosts. Oh and I miss Clovis too.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks so much, mystery!
Spoiler:
What gets me is how destructively haunt even ghosts with the platinum graves could be. I mean, they died happy, so why are they still spooking people? I understand the dead spouse angry at the live spouse re-marrying. I understand ghosts with unfinished business because they died early. I just don't get the ones who were all fulfilled going after the younger generations and making their nights so darned dangerous.

Plus, "the more, the merrier" does not apply to ghosts!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Nice! Congrats for being so close to finishing!
Spoiler:
Wow! Law and all the Uni careers plus insta-Law Enforcement in one update! I swear, if I ever do another one of these, I'm lifting Law first, if only to get rid of the darned suppressions and change it up a little bit!
I love all your Badass fun facts.
And Spock is absolutely the best badass ever! :yes:
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, Lorinsv!
Spoiler:
I was working on an apocalypse on my other computer (that went flooey) and did Law first. It was nice to be able to lift anything, in any order, after that.

I remember being so amazed at how useful your first lift was in Romancing the Apocalypse. I would never have considered Show Business first, but you really made that work well!

And I do love Spock. And I love that picture of him in the living room. And I'm glad that my Spock grew up looking somewhat like him (minus the ears, and complexion, of course).

Finding these stories about these amazing people is one of my favorite parts of this project. Although I won't be doing it again, with future projects, I'll certainly keep checking that website. I LOVE reading about all these cool people! Some of them are even good and kind, as well as amazingly badass. Some of them are scary. All of them are amazing.

For my Royal Kingdom, though, since I'll be doing a matriarchal monarchy, I fully intend to get my names for princesses from RejectedPrincesses.com - a website devoted to "princesses" about whom Disney will never do a movie.

I really learned a lot doing this project, and have been sucked into studying history more, because of it. Currently, I'm reading "Washington's Spies," about the American intelligence network during the Revolutionary War. It's amazing how basic it was, to start, and watching it grow into something really effective is very intriguing.

History in school always bored me, because the teacher focused on dates and geography. But then I got a teacher who focused on the stories! IT WAS AWESOME! Because that's what history IS: Stories about real people doing real things that changed the world around them. Who cares what year it happened?
Thanks for reading!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Badass Alphabetocalypse - Completed April 19, 2015

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Chapter 10, the last one, has now been posted.

WHEW! I finally finished! :heavybreathing:

Now, on to bigger and better challenges, because I bought a new laptop, :awesome: that will HOPEFULLY run Windows, so I'll have the complete set, including Freetime and Apartment Life, and all the added restrictions that come with them.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

You're going to do another Apocalypse? Cool. :thup: What will the theme be this time? Did you flag this for the medal too? Anyway, still have plot to resolve for mine and no idea how to do so, I never plan because it doesn't work out for me. Nice conclusion though. :hug:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thank you!

As for theme, I think it will come to me as I get my new computer set up. Actually, I am SOOOOOO tempted to do an EPIC apocalypse, where I save a back-up of the game just as the apocalypse strikes, and make my founder go through it over and over and over and over, each time starting with a different lift, until I have done every single one as the first lift. I can't say I'm looking forward to the "Law Enforcement" first lift, but the others all have value, in my opinion. But before I do any apocalypse with AL, I have to re-do my spreadsheet and make sure all my stuff is up to date with the new rules, and memorize the new rules and... Yeah.

In the meantime, I plan on working on my Royal Kingdom Bachelor Challenge. Maybe I'll even be able to use downloaded sims! If so, I really want to use Keika's Vis White.

How do you flag something for a medal? I did ask Chase to move this to the "Completed" section, so maybe that's enough.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Congrats on finishing! I can NEVER do an apocoalypse. Too many rules for my brain.
Spoiler:
But but evil Spock....criminal overlord. :rotfl:
Sorry had to do it.
I love Spock...okay I always loved Clovis too...good too see him back.
Sim children oh how they love to try to thwart a perfect sim record.
So hard to believe you went basically the whole challenge in that 8x8 box. Bet that was freeing.
And woo Deborah for rolling the perfect final LTW of the challenge.
You just have to lol at inappropriate LTW's these sims roll.
Alien baby hooray...kinda have to agree with Ivan though Spock would have been a cool choice. Ah hindsight 20/20 no?
I'll miss this family...they were well Badass.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Yay~ :highfive:

Congrats on finishing! It's so....B@dass! :applause:
Spoiler:
Good work on your stories and taking the last Sim through Uni, too. That sure does help.
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

Congratulations on finishing!!! :D Moved as requested.
hello! :heartbeat:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thank you, Mystery, Ani-Mei, Rflong, and Chase! Thanks for reading, and commenting, and encouraging me. I probably would have stopped, if not for your feedback.

This was a whole lot of fun to write, and I really enjoyed finding appropriate people for namesakes. It was so cool how my sims just sort of went along with history, too!

Although I got tired of it, and had to take a break sometimes, I am now gearing up for another challenge. I have finally acquired Windows, and after THREE DAYS of struggling to get the silly thing to work, I think I might be ready to start prepping for another apocalypse. And it will be EPIC!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Oh dear, you're already starting another one?

I'm currently reading chapter 2, and I must say that the story lives up to its name.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I'm kind of addicted to apocalypses. I don't know quite why, but yeah.
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

Haha pleasure of so many rules without the length of a legacy XD that's usually for my answer.

Very much enjoyed and your first siggy picture finally makes sense! Love seeing how Clovis did the first time you played him compared to the Bacholerette challenge, makes a whole lot more sense now!

Also enjoyed the history, knowing what Fort Knox's name comes from makes me a little bit smarter...

Now moving on to another of your stories... Just thought to leave a comment!
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, Bouncer! All comments are much appreciated.

Even if it does take a month for me to check this thread and see it. D'oh!
Bouncer
Team Moderator
Team Moderator
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Bouncer »

Hah no worries took me another month to actually see your reply on my comment xD
Image ImageImage
Me Garden of Gnomes

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”