Badass Alphabetocalypse - Completed April 19, 2015

Forum rules
Congratulations on completing your challenge!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Badass Alphabetocalypse - Completed April 19, 2015

Post by MichelleCYoung »

January 8, 2015, a new apocalypse begins.

Inspired by the fascinating characters at http://www.badassoftheweek.com, I decided to take the apocalypse to a new level. Following the rules of the Alphabetocalypse, all the members of the Badass family will be named after badasses of history, because let's face it, it takes some serious badassitude to beat down an apocalypse.

I hope you all enjoy this, as much as I have enjoyed playing and writing it. Due to my game being so buggy before, I had to re-install it completely, and so I'm playing vanilla, with only the barest essential downloads, which is to say for this challenge, only the jobs board.

Content warning - I don't use the language, myself, but I do link to my source for the histories of the Badass namesakes, and there is a lot of salty language there. However, I also summarize, so you don't have to click the links, if you don't want to read about them. I find their histories enjoyable, but there are lots of f-bombs, to say the least. And some of the descriptions are "adult," too. However, my slides should be PG.

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10 The End

Founder Sim - Clovis Badass
I'll add some family sims, as I get them packaged.

Author's note -
Spoiler:
Yes, I know, the Politics restrictions are still in place, and the Jumbok IV idol shouldn't be moving all over the lot and outside. I just like having it in the pictures, as I "watch over" my family. It doesn't stay outside long enough to affect their moods. And whenever there's a baby in the house, the idol stays next to the crib, 24/7. Otherewise, it's either in the bedroom or else the skilling room. So, my idol will continue to move around, for pictures, regardless of restrictions such as Politics and Music, but not be actually played that way. And only the idol gets to do it.

However, I have decided that next time I do an apocalypse, I won't use the idol as an icon for "the Goddess," but just as the regular Jumbok statue. Moving it all over like that gets to be a bit of a hassle.
Last edited by MichelleCYoung on March 15th, 2016, 6:33 am, edited 14 times in total.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
platformperil
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Re: Badass Alphabetocalypse

Post by platformperil »

Spoiler:
What a great start! It's a shame we have to wait for more, but it makes me want to try my own and I'm super excited.

I had no idea how good those first three alphabetical restrictions were but dang! Good work! Can't wait to see the next chapter! Hope it's up soon!

Haha, I almost made a comment about Oceanography but I checked another post that you didn't have Free Time. Oh well. Guess I get to be the one to test it for Freetime!
Uta No Prince Sama!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

platformperil:
Spoiler:
Oh, please do test it for FreeTime. I had the full set of rules practically memorized, and then had to go to the Mac version, so the rules changed, and I have to keep reminding myself of the changes. For example, they CAN both ask about careers, and do the Smustle dance, which is nice! But then again, I have only one shot at getting the sims perma-plat, since they don't have the Lifetime Happiness bar, anymore, and I really miss that.

Do you have Apartment Life, too? I miss them so muuuch! WITCHESSS! Someday, I will get my computer upgraded so I can have Windows running in Bootcamp, and play it all the way, again. Until then, Bon Voyage is as high as it goes for a Mac.

I was also quite surprised at the usefulness of the first three careers. I'm curious, now, what would happen if I played another version, where the spouses had to quit their jobs, and take the next career in line, alphabetically. Gaaah, it would take forever to open a college that way.

Please let me know if you try this out. I really want to see what you do with it.
Meanwhile, I've been playing all day today, and have almost 50 slides done, already, for Chapter 4. Hehe. Goddess was in a "fun" mood.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, I just found out about using "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" to access all careers from the newspaper, under "Adult Jobs." I'm not going to re-start this alphabetocalypse to do that, but I will use the newspaper for any future alphabetocalypse I do. I have updated the challenge rules, accordingly.

Starting at the bottom, rather than the middle, is definitely more badass.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Badass Alphabetocalypse - Updated January 18, 2015

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Chapter 4 is up! Huzzah!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

This is fun and you're doing great! I love watching all the strategizing!
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, Lorin! I was afraid all that strategizing might be boring, but I just found it so much fun, messing with my sims' minds like that.
Spoiler:
Usually, for college, I keep my sim on their dorm/home lot, unless I take them downtown or on vacation. I don't spend much time exploring the college, because the timer keeps going. However, when I have at least one of the next generation go to college, I do intend to explore the campus a bit. After all, with the Bookcase of Education, they can have all the skills they need in advance, so they don't have to buckle down like founders do. Plus, I BUILT the darned thing, and I need to play test ALL those lots.

Also, I'm looking forward to marrying off a spare, and sending their kids to live in an 8x8 dormitory. :eeeevil laugh: How many dormies can I fit in?
I must say, in my game, it's a good thing I've already
Spoiler:
lifted Criminal, because the family funds cheat only applies to the current family I'm playing IF there is no other family by the same name. I discovered that once I move out spares, and try to use family-funds to pay protection, the SPARES pay it! UGH!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

This is fun, but thanks to the Jobs Board, it's really going too fast. When this is over, I'm already planning a second Alphabetocalypse with the newspaper, only. I'll use testingcheatsenabled true to allow me to choose the jobs in alphabetical order, but otherwise, no cheats except to unstick glitches, and no CC. I think I'll start with a male founder for the next alphabetocalypse.

Mind you, I still enjoy the regular apocalypse, because you get to have so much variety in the early lifts. I want to try it again and again!

And can I just say that early this morning, I finally remembered that I had
Spoiler:
lifted Business and could jolly well BUY a pet? Next time, that will be the first thing they DO! I'm so sick of trying to adopt strays.
And this reeeeaaaalllllly makes me miss FreeTime and Apartment Life, because even with the additional restrictions, the additional things you can do make it worth it. WITCHES! Jump rope for kids, after an Athletic lift! Who needs a Showbiz pet, if the kids can jump rope? Add Science, and you have the Yummy channel. Add Artist, and you have creativity for fun. Chess for logic. And with all that hand-washing, kids do cleaning, and teens do mechanical. Really, you can get by without pets for a while.

My ghosts are problematic, though, so I'm really glad of the option to pay $150 x number of weeks played option for Criminal. I may make it more challenging and bump that to 2 or 3 hundred, instead. But replacing the beds just leads to such angry ghosts! Of course, an early paranormal lift means a graveyard...

It may take years, but I think I really would like to try to play through apocalypses (just regular-style) with a new first lift each time, until I have done them all, just to see how it affects things. In one of my lost games, I had Journalism as a first lift, and was surprised at how useful that was. Another time, I actually did Law for a first lift, which gave me no immediate benefit, but nothing was just suppressed after that. Slacker for my first-gen heiress! Every single one is useful, in its own way.

Plus, it's just so much fun watching those little pixel people complain. Aspiration failure is hilarious.
cowforbrains

Post by cowforbrains »

I'm up to halfway through chapter 3, I love it XD
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Badass Alphabetocalypse - Updated Jan. 28, 2015 - Chap.

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Chapter 5 is up! Things are starting to get very busy in the Badass household.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Badass Alphabetocalypse - Updated Jan. 28, 2015 - Chap.

Post by Ani-Mei »

Hehe.
Spoiler:
You make me want to go any play my Apocalypse now, it's been a while and the damn plotting takes up all my time to figure out how to write it. I'm awaiting the births of generation five in mine, the first ones to go to college. Also love the Science lift, it bypasses both Gamer and Journalism to let you move out spares earlier. It was one of the reasons I made it a first/second generation lift. :awesome: Nice chappies! :thup:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Badass Alphabetocalypse - Updated Jan. 30, 2015 - Chap.

Post by MichelleCYoung »

And I just added Chapter 6! This one went fairly quickly, yet I'm so glad it's over. That stage was hard to play!
batsmeg

Re: Badass Alphabetocalypse - Updated Jan. 30, 2015 - Chap.

Post by batsmeg »

Wow that's a full house! Looking forward to the next installment :)
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Badass Alphabetocalypse - Updated Feb 23, 2015 - Chap. 7

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Chapter 7 is up!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Gotta check the footprint on those food bowls often, they mysteriously rotate on their own...if it's facing a wall they can't use it. I think I missed some chapters somewhere since I didn't recognize half the kids...*sigh* Well anyway, nice chappie.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Ani-Mei - I'm actually playing it, and I have trouble keeping the kids straight!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Badass Alphabetocalypse - Updated Mar 23, 2015 - Chap. 8

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Chapter 8 is up! Sorry for the long wait.

And with this chapter, Generation 4 kids are all grown up.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
Damn plotty Apocalypse, you'll be done before me now. :( But I stand by my choice of five lifts per generation since I use all EP's. Anyway, art takes time to create so waiting is not such a bad thing. I just have no life so all I do is play, write and update. Nice chappie.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Yeah, mine isn't really all that plotty. I may add a villain or some sort of catastrophe to a future story, but for this, I just got to the point where I simply wanted to finish.

However, I must say that I still really like apocalypses, and have already started planning out three others. Yeah. Three. And I do believe I'll get a bit of plottiness in at least one of them.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Badass Alphabetocalypse - Updated April 2, 2015 - Chap.

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Chapter 9 is posted!

Things are really coming along. Only one chapter left to go. I'm excited!

Return to “Sims 2 Completed Stories”