Oh Darling, It's The Apocalypse! / 2.2 - Gingers, Snap!*NEW*

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Oh Darling, It's The Apocalypse! / 2.2 - Gingers, Snap!*NEW*

Post by Thaitanic »

I WILL complete a challenge. I AM DETERMINED.
So in the interests of completing a challenge, here's a well-played ahead family. All I have to do is literally write up the blog posts, which should be easy enough :roll: I've played far enough ahead that I KNOW the end is in sight. :woot:
As best as I can, I'm going to try and lift at least one restriction per chapter.

& I'll be playing Phaenoh's tiered apocalypse ruleset here.

1.1 - Uni / 1.2 - Hopelessness & Culinary / 1.3 - Military

2.1 - Medicine and Law / 2.2 - Intelligence and Education / 2.3 - Criminal

Generations to come :diablo:

[spoiler]Image
3.1 - Growing Up / 3.2 - University / 3.3 - Business, Natural Science, Architecture and Law Enforcement / 3.4 - Science and Politics

4.1 - Growing Up / 4.2 - University / 4.3 - Journalism and Oceanography / 4.4 - Athletic and Showbiz / 4.5 - Dance

5.1 - Growing Up / 5.2 - University / 5.3 - Art, Paranormal and Entertainment / 5.4 - Music and Gamer / 5.5 - Slacker, Adventure (THE END!!!)[/spoiler][/size]

Extras:
Summary & Family Tree (Spoilers.)
call me Thai!
they/them
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Oh Darling, It's The Apocalypse! / 1.1

Post by Pony »

I've been waiting so patiently for this :D, Good idea to play ahead, it's much easier to write chapters when you don't need more pictures. You can totally finish this. You have the power!!!!
Spoiler:
Well played Francine, that streaker is never going to come back. Octopus shaped hotdogs are super cute. The chess puns are the best! I totally forgot sims could work part time in the cafeteria. I've been wondering how to make my fortune sim happy in college *is blonde*. Lol poor Scott, poor boy can't dance and gets mugged. :rofl: At Berjes, he knows, he knowsssss... That outfit isn't so bad a little soccer mom, but she rocks it :D. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

I've seen Phaenoh's rule set at MTS. Looking forward to reading an AC story that follows it!
Image Image
ISTJ
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thai, you're hilarious!
Spoiler:
I love the way you set it up, and after reading the tiered apocalypse rules, I am eager to see it in effect. Who knows? Maybe I'll try one, myself, someday. When I can drag myself away from the apocalypses I already have going. Maybe on a separate computer. Hehe.

LOVE the chess jokes and the streaker joke and the philosophy and "social constructs," and all that. Holy cats! A treasure chest on the first try! I've only seen that twice before, once in a story, and once for me. Did you sell it, or keep it as one f her three items, since it can actually light up a room, a bit?
I am really looking forward to reading more of this. Generation 4, already? Well, get writing!

Oh, btw, I hope your exams and papers and all work out well for you.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Thanks for commenting guys <3

Pony
Spoiler:
Francine is great and as I wrote this chapter for the second time (I lost the first time) i was glad when new better jokes came to me. i've always been pretty bad at character voice in my sims stories so I'm glad you liked francine <3 Scott is lovely but a bit of a mess. He still lifts military tho (EVENTUALLY :lol: ) and i love the cafeteria because it means I don't have to send sims off their home lot to earn a bit of money tbh. And Francine's outfit IS a little soccer mum but it's definitely better than other possibilites lmao.
Lorins
I hope I do it justice! When I found it I KNEW I had to do it because it really simplified the rules and made it easier to monitor my play - esp. with the accompanying restriction downloads. :)

Michelle
Spoiler:
I absoluetly adore how many apocalypses you have going, Michelle! :lol: I don't think I could manage haha.

And I'm glad you loved the jokes <3 It was because I'm doing half this stuff on my current degree course so it felt natural to bring it out :lol: And I know!!! I've never had a treasure chest on first go but honestly I had to take a moment. I absolutely love Francine. And I sold it! I actually totally forgot i could take three items from uni so francine got rid of her mobile phone and arrived at the apocalypse lot with her degree and thats it :lol:
And thank you!! Me too. I've got all the ones i need to get in in for now :) Only two more things left to do and Im finished with my first year, which is a really weird thought :hmm:
call me Thai!
they/them
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Oh Darling, It's The Apocalypse! / 1.2 - The Quest for S

Post by Thaitanic »

call me Thai!
they/them
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Just read 1.2. You are HILARIOUS! I love your writing style, and the way you talk with your sims.
Spoiler:
Zombies! Please feel free to zombify my simself, as well. The more the ... Is merrier the word to describe a zombie horde? Anyway, I love seeing all the simselves! :hugs:

The jobs board works just like the computer, for jobs, except that ALL careers are available, every day. But you get the same level you'd get if you checked a computer. Francine got the huge boost from graduating from college, with good grades, and almost all the skills/friendships she needed. The highest you can go from the computer/jobs board is 9. So, yeah. Pretty darned good.

Now you're making me want to run an apocalypse with these rules. Well, I do still have, ummmmm, I didn't sleep all night, so I'm not good at math right now. A LOT of apocalypses left to do. That is all. But then again, with all the restrictions in your download folder, it does complicate the issue when you want to play other legacies/challenges/just-for-fun games, as well. I guess you have to close the game, move them out of your downloads folder, and move them back in when you're ready to get back to the apocalypse? Doable, you just have to be good about remembering.

I liked your "church" lot, and I'm sure the backstory would have been great. But frankly, I like your pseudo-exposition style so much, I don't miss any actual backstory.
I look forward to 1.3!
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Lorinsv »

Fun update!
Spoiler:
Congrats on lifting Culinary! That job board sure helped Francine along, I think Level 4 is the highest a Uni grad can start from the newspaper.

The Z!Simselves are a hoot! Do you have Pescado's zombie mod (Fight Club I think it's called?) installed or are they the more benign Maxis ones? :)
Image Image
ISTJ
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Spoiler:
ZOMBIES!! And my simself is very glam in that outerwear. :toast: :flirt: It's too bad about the hair though, the site I got it from RoseSims hasn't been around for a while so I can't link the mesh for it. I was reading, in between pondering whether or not I want to do a fourth...third? OWBC with Sims 3, it just seems like a new challenge to try since my past OWBCs were all Sims 2 ones. Anyway, will this be the one you ACTUALLY finish this time? Because you are sorely lacking in medals for a moderator Thai-kun, it's kinda sad. :indifferent: I'd mention the Prosperity challenge again...because I didn't forget about it. :pan: Anywho, nice chappies.
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Michelle:
Thank you so much <3 That's really lovely to know :D
Spoiler:
I'd love to omg! Is your Simself on the Simself lists? (edit: oops just noticed the simself links in your sig. will get you now! but you won't see yourself for a bit) c: & merry is definitely a great word for zombie simself hordes.
Oh shit really? Thank god honestly because it felt kind of cheaty to me but i literally had no other option lmao :lol:

If you do run an apocalypse with these rules you're going to have to tell me about it so I can read it! I actually haven't seen a Phaenoh apocalypse before so it'd be awesome to read one following its rules as well as play it :party:

And thank god that you dont wish I was going plotty tbh. I admire anyone who does plot in their sims stories because that implies setting up scenes and sooo much effort tbh it's hard enough for me to just publish :lol:
1.3 looks forward to you~

Lorins:
Spoiler:
Thank you! And ohh god I know. When she got level 9 first time I honestly had to check I hadn't accidentally cheated or something.
And yes I have got the Pescado mod installed! No zombifications via fighting yet but that may be because the simselves have absolutely no skills :lol:
Ani-Mei:
Spoiler:
Sim zombie Ani-Mei is VERY glam in that outerwear :D And I knooooow. I'm so terrible at follow-through with challenges honestly. But it's looking very positive! I think I can lift all the restrictions in a couple more generations. Gen 3 has had 5 kids (I think??? I'm going to have to check) which leaves 6 restrictions after the 5 kids and the heir's spouse lift theirs. :hmm:

And honestly, the prosperity challenge is long gone. I've changed my computer two times since it was last updated :lol: Might remake it in the future but after this challenge I think I'll need a break.
Thanks everyone for reading <3
call me Thai!
they/them
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thai,
Spoiler:
there is a way to specify a career without getting the computer-levels. You can do boolprop testingcheatsenabled, and spawn a SimModder, then select Career from that. I'm not sure what level it will give you, but you can, I believe, specify career level, afterwards, and start at the bottom. And this cheat can be done even at community lots.

However, the thing about the jobs board and the computer-leveled jobs that you might want to bear in mind is that your sim EARNED that level, by getting the skills and friends requirements, and maybe a college degree, already. So, it's not all that cheaty. But if it feels cheaty to you, then cheat to fix it. That's fair.
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

Great update Thai!!
Spoiler:
You know you're in an apocalypse when... anyway, Phaenon's restrictions always seemed so awesome for a real challenge. The church was really nice looking; it would've been interesting to see this challenge as a plot driven one too!
My simself is up for grabs for the Apocalypse if you want her!
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
Little White Comet
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: littlewhitecomet
Origin ID: LittleWhiteComet
Great Britain

Post Counts

Post by Little White Comet »

Spoiler:
What a brilliant two updates! Francine is a great founder, I love the fact she's a family Sim and yet ACR is clearly making her out be a Romance Sim. Her and Scott are cute together though and I can't wait to see what their children look like. Congratulations on lifting culinary though! I can't beleive college boosted her up to level 8, I thought it only gave you a 3 level boost.
You're free to use my Simself if you want Thai, she'll probably be too shy to attack other townies but hey she'll cheer on the other Simselfs.
Looking forward to the next update though!
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

I honestly thought I'd responded to these comments in thread omg. Sorry!

Michelle:
Spoiler:
I didnt even know that the job offers in the computer changed based on skills, omg! Been playing this game for years and still discovering new things :D If it's an in-game thing, I really don't mind. Also, it makes lifting restrictions a helluva lot easier :lol: Thanks for your help.
Faye:
Spoiler:
Omg, hi! I've not seen you in ages :o Thank you so much! Phaenoh's apocalypse rules really are fun to play with ^_^
LWC:
Spoiler:
God, you know it! Her and Scott are literally stuck to each other all the time, it's amazing. :lol: Their children are... interesting, to say the least :hmm: But I still love them :,)
Thanks so much for reading <3
So just a quick update. I posted this in the 'Ah, the small things...' thread but it was relevant here.
Thaitanic wrote:i've not been updating my apocalypse recently, but i have been playing it.
i'm on my fifth generation now, and have 7 restrictions left to lift. 6 kids in university at the moment so just need to marry in a sim and i'm going to lift the apocalypse and finish my FIRST EVER sims challenge
it's only taken me like 8 years honestly :lol:
After all my essays for this term are done, I'll start writing the chapters up! :party:
call me Thai!
they/them
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

WOOOOT! Go, go, GO on those essays!
Candi0207

Post by Candi0207 »

Wow, this makes me almost want to pull my apocalypse off my storage drive and go for it, but I was terrible at this. I constantly broke rules without even trying. Good for you being brave and all, lol.
Spoiler:
Like your founder, she just snarky enough to make it through an apocalypse. Culinary was the first thing I lifted too... I figured food is the most important priority. Pets are a huge pain, wish I had not even done that that handicap in my legacy. Especially dogs, always needing baths. I'll have to check out the rules you are playing with. Great start, can't wait to read more! Keep your sarcastic philosophy coming. We have to do something with those degrees!
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Candi:
Oh my god I know the feeling! :lol: I totally broke so many rules but I'm just happy to be nearly finished with it.
Spoiler:
Francine was probably one of my favourite founders!! Between you and me, one of her kids lifted Law and I couldn't face Francine dying so I just moved her out with her kid after the law restriction lifted :shifty: Phaenoh's rules are pretty much a simplified version of the original apocalypse rules, so it makes my life a lot less stressful :D Thanks a lot for reading Candi! It's so lovely of you to comment ^_^
I promise another chapter is coming. I've edited the pictures already :lol: I'm just literally 1 lift away from finishing in-game so am really psyched ^_^
call me Thai!
they/them
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Re: Oh Darling, It's The Apocalypse! / 1.3 - A Tale of Two S

Post by Thaitanic »

update!
it's a really long chapter, sorry! 100+ png images past the link :)

Did this all in one long session before going to bed so there's... a lot of formatting mistakes. I'll sort them out later. Just a fair warning. Okay, they should all be fixed now! Had a lot of places with randomly huge gaps and the font changed halfway through at one point :misspeak: Lesson learned: Do not write sims chapters whilst tired.
call me Thai!
they/them
Faye Silver
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Faye Silver »

Thai that was a great update!!
Spoiler:
I freaking love Jasper and his catch phrase. Penelope and Elijah need wonder twin costumes at some point...evil versions. Just saying. It suits them way too much for them not to deserve it. I can't wait for the next update! And congratulations making it through your first year of University, it...does get better,
but it doesn't at the same time. But you'll do great throughout!!
ImageImageImage Image
ImageImage
[hr]
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Faye:
Thank you so much! It was a hard update for me to write because of the length but I'm glad you liked it <3
Spoiler:
Jasper is a proper sweetie! When I was playing the game I wasn't quite as taken with him but as I write him the more he grows on me :) And yes :lol: Penelope and Elijah are the weirdest fake twins I've ever seen. Thank you for the uni well wishes - I've had a wonderful year! It was just quite stressful as well :lol:
Thank you again :D
call me Thai!
they/them

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”