Alphabetepic Apocalypse Updated June 12, 2018

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Alphabetepic Apocalypse Updated June 12, 2018

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, I finally got Windows, and the Sims 2 Ultimate Edition, so of course I have to start a new apocalypse. This time, I'm jumping into the deep end with an Alphabetepic apocalypse - which is really huge. I'll be working on it forever. The details are in the prologue below:

Prologue - April 26, 2015
College Years - May 7, 2015

Adventure: Complete!
Spoiler:
Chapter 1 - May 10, 2015
Chapter 2 - July 8, 2015
Chapter 3 - August 18, 2015
Chapter 4 - October 5, 2015
Chapter 5 - January 12, 2016
Chapter 6 - March 7, 2016
Chapter 7 - March 16, 2016
Chapter 8 - March 19, 2016 - Final chapter for Adventure Iteration
Interlude:
Spoiler:
Chapter 1 - April 1, 2016
Chapter 2 - June 12, 2018 - Actually PLAYED 2 years ago, but only posted now, because reasons.
Last edited by MichelleCYoung on June 12th, 2018, 2:37 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Re: Alphabetepic Apocalypse

Post by mysterymusic7 »

So who exactly are you trying to punish exactly?
Spoiler:
Pfft why on earth would we run a trial the usual way? It takes waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too long.
Who has time to shoot scenes for all that jazz?
I mean he's OBVIOUSLY "guilty"
Good luck.
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Spoiler:
Oh poor Ragnar. This is certainly going to be EPIC. I can't take so see what arrangements have been made!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks! I'm having fun with it, so far. And with Freetime and Apartment Life, new strategies are opening up to me, which I want to utilize.

I'm using some actual CC (genetics), and a handful of mods that I have really missed. Hopefully, this game won't explode, like my last Windows version did, or the Mac version before that (when I had too many mods, and it decided enough was enough).
Spoiler:
I've long been fascinated with apocalypse challenges, and the strategies to get through them. There's been a lot of discussion about which are the most important first lifts. Now, I get to really explore that.

Also, my sister complained that my apocalypse challenge before was too easy. I told her that I didn't show the failures, and she said that I should, so whenever I fail and have to reboot, it will all be there, with poor Ragnar feeling every excruciating minute of it.
As you can see by my founder, I'm not playing strictly vanilla this time. I will admit that I have installed the community-lot-skilling mod, because it just doesn't make sense to me that things you do to gain skill at home don't gain skill anywhere else, and that will affect my strategy. Instead of doing hundreds of outings to earn those skill points as rewards, he'll do it for relationships and money (gifts), but earn his own skills the hard way, only without the limitations of location. If he plays chess at a hotel, he'll earn some logic skill. I got nomorecrumple, because I am terrified of her being bitten by my bite-happy vampire, and destroying the entire game. I got OMSPs and the desk locators, although I doubt they'll have much use for them in an apocalypse shoe-box house. I have some things I consider fixes, like bubble-blowing being an actual social activity, as opposed to sims gaining social mood through the chat, but then leave without having even MET their bubble-partners. I have a few other things that I'll enjoy using in another neighborhood, but no macrotastics, or anything like that. And I'm limiting the special objects, such as Monique's computer to non-apocalypse sims.

Also, I'm giving my founder access to three lots I made myself. One is an improved campground (well, it's a community lot downtown, with tents, and a mirrored lot instead of the Axe Wood Campground in Three Lakes, where he can actually check into the campground), and I have made two safe-houses for him, play-tested by my simself. However, whether this prankster actually manages to befriend the SS members is another question.

I've played through college for several apocalypse challenges (although I haven't posted them), and I have come up with a basic strategy, but I'm going to try something slightly different for Ragnar. Oh, I'll still make college count. I can't stop myself from making college count. But it will be in a different way. None of that changing the aspiration over and over and over until I get the "Max 7 Skills" or "20 Best Friends" or "50 Dream Dates" LTW, and then going on outing after outing after outing until he's perma-plat in his Freshman year. If he gets perma-plat, at all, it will be through a different route. I've never seen it done this particular way, but I haven't read all the posted apocalypse challenges, either. I will say that Freetime changes everything.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Sounds like you're going drive yourself insane first.
Spoiler:
Still though, it is ambitious I'll give you that. :thup: Might be interesting to see how it all works out.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Just finished putting Ragnar Rock through college. So now, I back up the whole neighborhood into a special saved file, and that's where the real fun begins. So, the college chapter is posted.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Alphabetepic Apocalypse Upadated May 10, 2015

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Chapter 1 of Adventure is posted!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :mrgreen:

Oh, my goodness~ What work you put into your founder. Good job!
Spoiler:
What torture- to live through the whole apocalypse... Nice touch. :D
Fabulous~ I'd never have thought to use a Grilled Cheese Sim. :haha:
The kids are going well and ready to lift! Can't wait to see how they do. :#1:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Rflong:
Spoiler:
I have never even played a Grilled Cheese sim before, but now that I have Freetime again, I started re-reading my strategy guides, and I saw that perk, and thought, why not? I had no idea it would be so darned handy! I was amazed!

Also amazing is how much difference those needs perks make. I forgot to set them on the toddler-to-child birthday for Perdita, and was so annoyed with all the hand-washing she had to do. And whenever possible, I had them wash hands next to the Jumbok statue for a bit more oomph. Without one or the other, it was hard. Without both? I don't even want to think about it.

But I suppose I'll have to, eventually, won't I?
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Alphabetepic Apocalypse Upadated July 8, 2015

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Updated, at last! Chapter 2 is now up.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Still love this.
Spoiler:
Oh hey come on vampires lighten up. Michelle didn't do anything wrong. /shifty
Way to become best friends with the enemy. *snort*
You're really chugging right along. I have no idea how you can keep all these strategies in your head. And I've never been able to get the newspaper trick to work. Not that I need it exactly...just a wee bit annoying I can't seem to figure out the mechanics of it. Comment is short, but I wanted to let you know at least someone is still reading this.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks so much, mysterymusic! I'm working on chapter 3 again, swapping off among this, Parker TPC, and my Royal Queendom Bachelor Challenge, although I have a lot more work to do on that one, so it will be a while before I post anything for it.

The newspaper trick:
Spoiler:
You can collect as many as you want in your inventory. When you take them out of inventory, they'll get the randomly assigned jobs for the day. BUT, once you have more than three newspapers on the lot, no more will be delivered, so they'll keep whatever job they had listed last. In this way (getting a collection in your inventory, and adding to the on-the-lot collection when the jobs you want come up), you can have a huge collection of newspapers, each with a different job listing.

They take up a lot of real-estate, but your sims will walk right over them, so it's not too much of a bother, if you have enough space.
I learned from Rflong7, I think.
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :)

Woot! It's going well. :D

Isn't that treasure chest just great for a warm light in the game? I loved it for the apocalypse. :mrgreen:
OMGoodness- you saved a lot of papers. XD
They're doing so well I hope that Grand Vampire doesn't cause trouble. :(
Medical is a Great early lift- I always get sad with the children whining about being dirty. :(
LoL! Poor Mary passing out. I always expect them to just go to bed. XD
I do like the Skin and Jane has it. =D
Aww- Twins! Good timing too. I like when the game cooperates. =]
Good idea with the pictures of the spares.

Nice update and Good lifts. :thup:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, Rflong7! I am almost done with the next chapter. I had to break, a bit, to work on my other two projects, but it should be up soon enough.

I do love apocalypse games, for some reason. Probably because it makes me count my blessings, in real life.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Re: Alphabetepic Apocalypse Upadated August 18, 2015

Post by Radiochocolate »

This is my third time reading the prologue.
Spoiler:
BUUURRRNNNNNN! J/k. Poor Ragnar.
College
Spoiler:
And the game crashed xD That's what happens when you stay night and day away from home. I KNEW IT! I KNEW HE WAS GOING TO TURN OUT GRILLED CHEESE! MUAHAHAHA! Hey, maybe I'M precognizant! In that case, I foresee that your game will crash at least one more time before the second apocalypse is cleared up. Read, foresee, not wish. I think Grilled Cheese Magic is restricted in Culinary, so Ragnar won't get away with that. LOL, YOU HAVE CHEMISTRY WITH HIM. It feels like Ragnar didn't study even once during his college years. Oh, you poor little thing, falling for your own creation... I remember someone asking if it wasn't kind of inces- HOLD ON A MINUTE. YOU'RE GOING WITH AN IMMORTAL FOUNDER TOO?! Okay, I am hereby declaring you bat-crazy for challenges. No, alpha-bat-crazy.
*Opens chapter 1* Oh look, a sparkly vampire. Where have I seen those before?
It will be interesting to see who gets done first, me with Solfège or you with this. Be sure to save each of the 25 apocalypses in case someone comes asking for sims (that would be me).
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Alphabetepic Apocalypse Upadated August 18, 2015

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Radiochocolate, thanks for reading!
Spoiler:
Amazingly enough, my game hasn't crashed again since then. At least not to undo my stuff. It generally crashes while I'm trying to exit, which is why I always save first, then exit, because Save + Exit inevitably crashes. Plus, I save a LOT. I learned, too, that every time you switch lots downtown, the game saves, so you don't lose so much stuff if you keep on the move. I think it was LittleNemo who taught to really use the college years and downtown's time stasis to maximum effect, but I had to learn about the lot-swapping/save the hard way.

You know, I used to really love the University time, until I spent that chapter prepping Ragnar. Now... Well, let's just say I have no desire to explore campus again, any time soon. He did study, btw. I made sure he graduated with 4.0. I learned that if you max out your grade for the semester before you go travelling, you'll get a variety of wants, but if you go on a vacation, or downtown, and still have some space left in the grade bar, you'll get spam for assignments and going to class and research and writing a paper, and AAARRRRGGGHHHHH! So, yeah, for my own sanity and his aspiration, I made sure his bar was FILLED. As for skills, that's what Takemizu Village vacation home is for, isn't it?

Grilled Cheese aspiration perks may not be REDEEMED (like Knowledge and teaching other sims skills), but if you've already redeemed them, the rules do NOT say you can't use them. So, he can still have his sandwiches. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Falling for Ragnar with three bolts: In this neighborhood, my simself and Ragnar had three bolts for each other, and no more than 2 for anybody else. It's annoying. Fortunately, there's more boltage in my bachelor challenge.

Alpha-bat-crazy! LOVE IT!

And it is not my fault the vampire sparkles. :-p
I'll be saving each iteration of the neighborhood in its appropriate folder, along with all the presentations for that particular lift. I'm not sure how to extract sims, but here on Windows, I finally have SimsPE, so I just might be able to do it. Genetics being fun, I rather hope that I can. As for who will finish first? The race is on!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Alphabetepic Apocalypse Updated October 5, 2015

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Chapter 4 is up! Wahoo!
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Re: Alphabetepic Apocalypse Upadated October 5, 2015

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :wave:

Nice lifts this generation!
Spoiler:
I really like you night school! Yay for lifting Slacker.
:applause:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, Rflong!

So, I've been playing all my various stories, a bit at a time, and switching between them, and I actually have the next chapter and a half of this one written, but due to my own hatred of cliff-hangers, I want to post two chapters at once, so it's taking a while to update this one. It's fun, but frustrating, but fun, but, what the HECK was I thinking? But FUN!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Well, I'm not posting two chapters at once, because I had to deal with other things, and haven't finished Chapter 6. Chapter 5, however, is proof-read, edited, and ready.

BUMP!

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”