A Different Sort of Apocalypse

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

A Different Sort of Apocalypse

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Alright so see this is what happens when Michelle puts ideas in my head at close to midnight. Why did she have to go and start that Xtreme apoc and give me ideas? We started talking about hey wouldn't it be cool to see a group of sims conquering this challenge together. And then we came up with rules like you have to dig up all your resources meaning Mystery had to go in and play to figure out what all you could dig up and what they should be...see list below of what I found if your curious. The original plan was Michelle said if I came up with the rules she'd play through it with 3 other simselves...but somehow I'm the one playing through this thing...how did that happen again?

Anyway see below...this is a rather different take and honestly more of a playthrough than anything. Don't worry no simselves were harmed during this run through...(Mostly because Michelle ran for the hills..or rather her simself did) :rofl:

List of What can be Dug up/What they are:
Spoiler:
Rocks- walls and floors. hot springs, grills, stoves, ovens
1 small rock= 1 floor tile, wall, or roof
1 medium rock = 5 floor tiles, walls, or roof sections
1 large rock= 10 floor tiles, walls, or roof tiles.
10 large rocks= 1 hot spring
Bones: Doors, gates, beds, fences, sauna
2 bones= 1 door, gate, or fence section
20 bones= 1 bed
50 bones= 1 sauna
Maps: Bookshelves since you can make books from the paper. extra tents?
Ocean Liner: Dining Tables, Coffee table, stairs, and desks since it's made of wood
Clay vases- roof tiles, awnings,
Stoneware bowls- Sinks
Shapes in Space- Telescope?, robotics building bench
Toucan Lola Statue- End Tables
The Imposing Falcon Statue- Tvs and Steres, computers
Tray of Orbs- Candles for lighting,desk lamps
Earthware Trio- Fireplaces,
Little Tiki Idol- Desk Lamps,
Majorly Rooster- Countertops, dishwashers,.what?
Music Publica Collection Sculpture- Easel, crafting benches for toys, and robotics station, flower arranging bench.
Chicken Feed Charlie- Fridge, small appliances for kitchen
Little Jug of Wishes- chess table, mahjong table, poker table, massage table, dart board, pool table
Frog of Good Tidings- Showers/Tubs
Kozy Gnome- Toilets Heehee why not?
Wishing Doll- Toddler Toys, doll house,
Treasure Chests: Chest could become a wardrobe or toy box. Trash cans
Dragon statue: Lights...the gold could be turned into lighbulbs? Ceiling or Standing
Vase: wait that's made of glass maybe that should be windows, mirrors, Piano keys-so piano, tile floors, greenhouse walls, hot-tubs.
Cat Statue: Pet related items,
Reflective Statue: Mirrors and glass roof tiles for green house.
Old Boots from fishing: Chairs sofas and other seating because of the leather
When they can use the crafting stations they could finally get toys for the kids to play with, clothes, pottery to decorate their houses, plants etc.
]Chapter 1
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: A Different Sort of Apocalypse

Post by MichelleCYoung »

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAA! :haha: :rofl: :rotfl: :dizzy: :faint:

OK, I am LOVING this, and actually want to make an attempt at it, myself. However, I will contain my enthusiasm and wait for you to finish yours before I do my own (with you as the other female simself, of course). That way, you have all the glory of the first completed one, and also you can post the complete rules. As for "how did that happen?" I honestly have no idea. I mean, I can't even control my simself on your computer. Also, I've been offline for a few days, due to family and personal health stuff. Also, while on my pain pills, I think I spent a hundred dollars on in-game purchases in AdVenture Capitalist, because it seemed like a good idea at the time to spend real money to watch fake money numbers get bigger on my computer screen, and had to avoid the internet until the urge to empty my Steam Wallet went away. I get a lot of "good ideas," don't I? And I still have three dollars left! Woot! :banghead:
Spoiler:
So, first of all, my jaw dropped when I saw that vampire. So glad it's just characterization, and not for real, because WOW. I propose a rule that 100 stone equals 1 coffin.

GREEN! Yeah, that little girl must be Michelle, alright. How'd you do that?

I see you're not making your "strong man" strong enough to move furniture, just strong enough to hold things in his magic backpack. That totally makes sense to me. He has a bag of holding, that will be passed down through the generations, like the "torch" in an ISBI, right? Do the fishersims have a fish-basket of holding, too? I think the appointed fishersim should have a fish-basket of holding, and if you are able to garden, then the appointed gardener should have a produce-basket of holding, too. Yep. And the appointed crafter should have a craft-basket of holding. That's one "basket" per starter adult. How's that sound? Oh, wait. I just went back and read it a second time, and saw that you took the "strong man" with you, so he's carrying all the fish. That works, too. Heheheh, poor strong man has to hold EVERYTHING.

I love what you've done with the base camp, both starting out and building the shelter. OOOOH! I have an idea! Next time you have a clear day, build some columns or walls and a roof, so you have a small covered area for future digs! You could have "scaffolding" at the quarry, as well. Most quarries have scaffolding, I believe.

I am LOVING this! Did I say that, already? Well, I am, so there.

OK, so I forget. We decided not to have Adventure mean you can put down career rewards, and just let you use the career rewards as they are earned, right? So what's the Adventure restriction, then? Or do you just get the Amazing Mood Booster? Because, frankly, that's plenty, right there. What's Politics with this challenge? Because it's not limiting the footprint. I know we discussed it, but I forget. Huh. Oh, well. Is it something about using influence? Oh, well. I'm sure you have it all written down.

Did I mention how HILARIOUS I find it that you are turning the most expensive thing you dig up into toyboxes and wardrobes? And trash cans! :woot: Oh, can they use the "toy box" to get bunny heads, logic blocks and xylophones?

Good luck with the Education!

I love the "come in" and make friends thing you did there. Yeah, "come in" to our un-enclosed space. Just don't let her into a tent, or you'll never get rid of her.

Oh, are you doing anything with FreeTime or Apartment Life? The Architecture restrictions restrict you to 2 things per day, but frankly, I don't think that's necessary when you're digging it all up, anyway. However, I do like the restrictions on levels, and building materials. I like that you're using stone flooring and wall coverings, because, duh, it's made out of stone. Paint and wall-paper? That's for after Architecture is unlocked. Also, anything but the most basic windows. I like the wood-frame windows, like in a log cabin, for starting out.

Connor needs a brother, soon, so the other sister can have a mate.

Well, I was going to abandon the medieval Hamlet stuff in New Youngdale, but since you like it so much, I guess I can keep a *few* medieval things. Just for you. Still need to wrangle SimsPE some more. I was just about to give up, but I'm GOING to make that thing work, and get New Youngdale working. I'm hoping that a new neighborhood will fix the glitches, and it wasn't the medieval stuff that was broken. I REALLY hope that's it. Not everyone can keep their babies alive with snapdragons until they can magically age up, you know. Ugh.

Is there such a thing as too many projects?
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Spoiler:
Yeah so basically Ryker is carrying a bag which he will pass on to the next "strong man" of the family until Athletic gets lifted.
For Politics we just said they can't use influence points until it's lifted.
For Adventure that was a goof on my part dumb dumb by letting Toren use the bookshelf, but so far I've only let him use the thing. Cause I just read only a person in the career can use the shelf without thinking about the whole added Adventure career would restrict it further. It's completely off limits to everyone else in the house though. They not touching it anymore...
I don't actually have Freetime or Apartment Life on the Mac so I don't really have those restrictions to think about. I think I added they can't use wallpaper and carpet/paint to the politics restriction though...checks notes, yeah i did.

Oh that's a cool idea about the scaffolding..must figure out how that works next time I play.

But now I've got to figure out what I'm gonna do with all of these elders I won't be able to control. They keep going outside and nearly freezing to death..and with 8 sims running around now..that's a lot of micromanaging...I'm also tempted to just say if a sim has max logic or something they are semi controllable as an elder so I can give them x commands a day or something....
Well if the CC was breaking your game then don't worry about the Hamlet being in New Youngdale..I'm sure you can find some other way to punish him continuously if you really feel he needs it.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Spoiler:
Maxed logic makes them less senile? Works for me! Also, letting the sim who is in the career use the career rewards, until Adventure lifts it for all, also works for me. After all, this is a whole new type of apocalypse, so we can change the rules a bit.
I don't know if Joshua really needs to be *permanently* punished, any more. I think that if I start out everyone fresh, that will be enough of a challenge. Although, I might have his family do without electricity, and have limited plumbing. Or just say, "all is forgiven across the board." I just haven't decided, yet.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”