The Bookacy Family Alphabet Adventures [On hiatus]

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

The Bookacy Family Alphabet Adventures [On hiatus]

Post by katrisims »

November 30, 2020: I suppose it's time for me to officially declare hiatus for the Bookacies. It's been a long time since I updated, and each new update is a lot of work. At least while the pandemic is going on, I don't think I have the mental energy required by a big, plotty story, so I think I'll be concentrating on something lighter.

Dear fellow simmers,

This is my Alphabet Legacy attempt with a book character theme. It started out as an observational legacy, but since then it's turned into more of a plotty story.

Quoted from my DW:
Be warned: I started the alphabetacy in 2007 when I was much younger and had more time than today. Then I was hit by adulthood and responsibilities, a truckload of plot, the brilliant idea to play the whole neighborhood, and the desire to play and write other things. So these days, story updates are a pretty rare occurrence, but I do intend to keep going, however slow my progress might be.
On that same note, yes, this story started in 2007, when I was quite new, and that's what the beginning looks like. I'd like to believe I've learned something since then, and indeed, I've changed writing styles since then. For the better for this story, I hope. :)

If you are a new reader and would like to catch up faster, I recommend starting from chapter 40 and going on from there. It's a very long chapter (even for me) but it's still faster than to read the 39 chapters before it. ;) It should be more consistently written too.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy the story!

Author Bookacy moves into Alphabetia to intending to have a family of her own and leave a legacy behind her, but before her children are teenagers, she's managed to get the family in trouble...

The Founding generation: Author and Count Curtis
Chapter one: The Pleasure of Lawn Living
Chapter two: Dating, Dark Powers and Dirty Diapers
Chapter three: The Mistakes of the Creator
Chapter four: A Small, White Lie
Chapter five: Zits and Imaginary Creatures
Chapter six: Stories about Love and Money

Generation A College Years
Chapter seven: A Split Up, a Reunion and Some Pizza (College Edition)
Chapter eight: Toga toga toga! Engagement, toga! (College Edition)

Generation A: Adrian and Nicole
Chapter nine: The Metamorphosis of Salahuddin Chamcha
Chapter ten: The reign of Cheese and Babies
Chapter eleven: Graduations, Birthdays and Weddings - Confetti All Around!
Chapter twelve: Plans Benevolent and Evil (Spare Edition)
Chapter thirteen: Safety Measures and the Usual Business
Chapter fourteen: The Mishap of Rebecca Custer
Chapter fifteen: The Cheesy Teen Years

Generation B College Years
Chapter sixteen: A Unique Masterpiece (College Edition)
Chapter seventeen: The Return (College Edition)
Chapter eighteen: And the Rest Is College (College Edition)

Generation B: Baudolino and Marylena
Chapter nineteen: A Change of Reigns
Chapter twenty: The Joys of Grandparenthood
Chapter twenty-one: Can I Be the Heiress?
Chapter twenty-two: Family Portraits and Plenty of Cousins (Spare Edition)
Chapter twenty-three: Heirship Questions and New Pastimes
Chapter twenty-four: While It Lasts
Chapter twenty-five: The Mayor and the Villain
Chapter twenty-six: The Letter

Generation C College Years
Chapter twenty-seven: Greetings from College (College Edition)
Chapter twenty-eight: The Officially Most Christmassy Bookacy Chapter Ever (College Edition)
Chapter twenty-nine: Party and Romance (College Edition)
Chapter thirty: Cyrus (College edition)
Chapter thirty-one: Charlie (College edition)
Chapter thirty-two: Cho (College edition)

Generation C: Cho and Prof. Eric Nicholas
Chapter thirty-three: Not Strong Enough
Chapter thirty-four: The Life in Between
Chapter thirty-five: Catching up
Chapter thirty-six: Operation White Dove
Chapter thirty-seven: Bliss
Interlude one: Jailbird*
Chapter thirty-eight: Family Life
Chapter thirty-nine: Baby Steps and Big Leaps
Chapter forty: The Memoirs of a Double Spy (Recap edition, Founding generation to generation C)
Chapter forty-one: Family Travels and Overachievers

Generation D College Years
Chapter forty-two: Hellos and Goodbyes (College Edition)
Chapter forty-three: Young Love (College edition)
Interlude 2: The Life and Careers of Komei Tellerman

* This interlude leads to the events of Villains or Heroes?, an Apocalypse Challenge starring Salahuddin Chamcha.

Extras
Family tree at family echo
Download archive of sims
Scorecard

Who's who -entries at my DW:
Founding generation
Generation A
Generation B
Generation C first circle
Last edited by katrisims on November 30th, 2020, 2:14 pm, edited 7 times in total.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Bookacy Family Alphabet Adventures [4th August 2015]

Post by katrisims »

After over a year's break, I finally managed an update! Take that, writer's block and real life! Both Slideshare and Scribd versions available, I hope you enjoy. :D
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Okay so I binged read all 41 chapters. Discovered I could have just read chapter 40 as it was a recap, but I'm actually happier I read the whole thing straight through. Ahem. Apologies if this comment's short...it's 41 chapters. :fluffy:
Spoiler:
OMG OMG OMG RYKER! I mean Curty. Okay I know you told me in my alphabet legacy, but I still got as happy as a school girl reading this. Someone else who knows of this vampire's aweseomenes. He loves chess? No way. Ryker loves chess...even though in my verse he was absolutely awful at it. He made the best faces ever though while playing. Sadly, he's not played with the chess board much this time around. Of course no one in the family has seemed interested in it yet either so maybe that's why.

I keep forgetting he's got the dark skin tone under there. It was sad to see him go, but of course Curty would be a good husband and be understanding of Author's situation
Honey perhaps you shouldn't make sims if Chamancha is what happens. Okay I do feel sort of bad for him, but then he's crazy.

Addam I love him. I was proud of him for finally standing up to his dad and ever so happy you didn't kill Marsha. Plus he's such a nice looking sim. Yes I'm little shallow too.

By far though Adrian's death has hit me the hardest. And he's been my all time favorite sim in your legacy to date. I LOED Adrian and all his cheesy glory. And Nicole was a cool spouse too. I seriously cried when she an Adrian left the story. I loved them.

Charlie NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! *sniff* He was cool, and honestly I didn't see that one coming. Poor Cho.

Awww hi Eric....*waves* (Funnily enough my romance sim heiress Chenoa actually marries that professor. Course in my game his name is Robert) That made me giggle hysterically by the way. Of course Eric doesn't marry Cho, and I'm honestly glad she ended up with Nicholas. However,I'm glad Eric stayed in Cho and Dirk's lies. He's such a sweet guy.

Hooray for Dirk being heir. I like Dirk. And so I guess we are back to college again.

Love this legacy dear. I look forward to more.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi again! :wave: Wow, that must have been some serious reading! :jawdrop: I'm really flattered that you actually went through all the chapters at this point!
Spoiler:
Oh yes, Curty was pure awesome! And he did like chess a lot. He needed logic for work, and as a Pleasure sim, he also often rolled the want to play, so it also became a small plot point.

I was pretty surprised myself when I saw that he had the S4 skintone. That skintone is still going strong in the main line, even though all spouses after Curty have had lighter skintones. I still remember how much I adored him and how much it hurt to lose him in the end. (There was a glitch and he wasn't leaving behind a gravestone, so I had to play my favorite sim's death like three times... :ouch ) Anyway, he was indeed a great sim and a great, understanding husband to Author.

Yeah maybe I should stay away from CAS. :shifty: :haha: Well, Sal was made to be the antagonist from the beginning, and yeah, he's sort of crazy. I'm glad if you're feeling sorry for him, since then I think I'm doing what I'm intending to do! I'm trying to walk a fine line between making him simply just evil on the one hand, and a toothless villain on the other. It's pretty difficult sometimes. In my mind, in other circumstances Sal wouldn't have been a villain at all, and everything would have been just sunshine and puppies. But in this universe... yeah it's pretty bad.

Aadam was definitely one of my favorites, too. Perhaps you could tell that I liked him so much that I had to give him a happy ending. :) Aadam is sort of nice looking too, though a bit odd. There's something funny in Sal's genetics I think.

Aww, Adrian and Nicole. They were another favorite of mine too (I do have a lot of favorites, I suppose that's why I still like this family).

I still sometimes feel bad about what I did to Charlie. I do have a hard time killing sims, and I did like him a lot, but his fate was sealed by plot from a very young age... I'm glad if I managed a surprise there, though!

*pats Eric* Eric is a great guy. He didn't handle the breaking up part so great, but all around he's a nice, decent guy and wants to do his best as Dirk's father. And he and Cho still like each other, even though the romance didn't work out, and are in good terms these days. Actually, when I was filming the disaster wedding plot, I very briefly considered ditching the plot and keeping Eric as the spouse, because I really did like him. But in the end, I couldn't break Nicholas' heart that way, :heart: and I figured Eric wouldn't mind not having to get married after all.

Yep, with Dirk, it's off to college again. I'm happy to have him as the heir, too. :)
Thank you so much for reading and commenting!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

I read at least the first chapter of this back at Boolprop 2.0 and thought it was really good (plus I was surprised at seeing another finn here). I don't even remember why I stopped reading it.

Posting/bookmarking so I can binge-read at a more convenient time :D
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi there, and welcome! :wave: I'm glad if you enjoyed the beginning. (Oh, and you're a fellow Finn? Go figure, one runs into them in the funniest places!)

Thanks for commenting, and welcome back whenever. :plumbob2:
Candi0207

Post by Candi0207 »

Hi Katri! Long time, no see. It's good to see you still working on your stories. I always liked your writing. I just recently reinstalled the sims 2. I think I might have your sim self!!! I didn't realize how much I
Missed playing the sims 2. It is hands down still the best.
Spoiler:
I love Count Curty. The name is too much, lol. I keep thinking Count Chocula.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Oh hi Candi, and welcome aboard! :wave: Sorry about the late reply, it turns out that my reply notifications were going to junk mail for some reason and I missed your comment. :oops: I hope that's now sorted... Anyway, thank you, I'm glad you've been enjoying it! We're still trotting along, although veeeery slowly these days - I may have bitten off a bit more than I can chew with a plotty alphabetacy and playing the extended family too. But not planning on giving up, I'm way too fond of the family!

Oh, it might indeed be that you have my simself, I had one downloadable at some point. I keep meaning to make an adult version of her (the old version was a YA), but I also keep forgetting and not getting it done.
Spoiler:
I loved Curty too, he was an awesome sim and made a lovable character too. He's still one of my all time favorites. Heh, I had to google Count Chocula, I don't think we have that brand of cereal here, but that's a funny and oddly fitting connection. :haha:
Thanks for reading and commenting!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Bookacy Family Alphabet Adventures [28th July 2016]

Post by katrisims »

Bump! Yes, it's the Slowest Legacy on Earth updating! Chapter 42 is now out, and it's been less than a year (well technically days less, but still). I got to open a new heading in the index, it's the start of generation D's college years. :bounce: I hope you enjoy the chapter!
Candi0207

Post by Candi0207 »

Great update! Your family has come a long way.
Spoiler:
Poor Baudolino. But he did seem to have a nice send off.

I love Daisy's hair, it's different. I can't blame Dorian for going after her, lol.

I've been rolling for my second aspirations too. I like randomness in a legacy. Desdemona turned out to be a pretty teenager. She seems to have a lot of personality.

I haven't tried the pottery hobby yet. This legacy makes me want to give it a go.

Your Greek House looks a bit like the secret society. I wish I was that good at building sorority houses but mine look like boxes, lol. Can't

wait to see what happens when Desdemona hits college.
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hi Candi! :wave: Thank you! We've indeed come a long way, and there's still much longer to go... Step by step!
Spoiler:
I felt sad about my elders going (that's why I didn't play the neighborhood for about six months, actually), but in the end, it was time. I try to give them proper send offs, especially the legacy heirs and spouses. And in a sense, Baudolino and Marylena were lucky, since there weren't really any unresolved issues when they went; previously heirs have tended to die knowing that there's a villain on the loose and the family may be in danger. Maybe it was relative peace of mind for them, at least.

Daisy is pretty cute I think, I suppose Dorian couldn't resist. He's still looking for what kind of a Romancer he's going to be I think, for now he's been surprisingly tight with Daisy. We'll see how that develops in college.

*nods* Randomness is kind of nice really. A lot of the time I wouldn't know what to pick anyway. I first went by choosing a secondary aspiration when I thought I'd found a suitable one, but that led it taking way long to decide (I probably have some sims nearing elderhood with no secondary because of that) and a little bit of the same ones repeating too. So I think it's altogether easier to roll for them, even if my age old rules would allow me to pick.

Some of my sims seem to quite like pottery, and the items they can make are pretty cute, although deco only. Nicholas is mostly doing it because I'm trying to get him all the different gold badges in his lifetime. It's pretty slow going, so we'll see.

Thanks. :) Maybe it does look a little bit like the secret society, it's been a while since I last visited the society so I don't even remember... I feel you there, I'm usually a pretty impatient builder, I just slap boxes together because I need to have a house before I can actually PLAY. :rotfl: Someone tipped me that the L-shape works pretty well and doesn't look like just a box, so most of my houses are L-shaped since then I guess.

I'm looking forward to sending the remaining kids to college, too. Dorian will go first, after the next rotation. Although at my speed and with all the families, that'll be a while too. But eventually!
Thank you for reading and commenting! :pie:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Bookacy Family Alphabet Adventures [8th April 2018]

Post by katrisims »

Bump! The Slowest Legacy on Earth strikes again, with chapter 43! Plot seems to be returning, and I think that's what finally motivated me get this together. I hope you enjoy! :))
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

I'm just starting to read it and have just gotten to the chapter where we meet the handsome stranger with a top hat and a moustache!!! I'm very excited to read the rest (and you definitely have a LOT of chapters!)
Will leave a better comment soon <3
call me Thai!
they/them
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Hello, and welcome aboard! :wave: It's always great to hear from a new reader. :goodvibes:

Oh yes, that stranger! Well, if you keep reading, you're going to see a lot of him in the future! :)

I definitely do have a lot of chapters, and they are quite wordy too, so I'm always impressed if someone is willing to start catching up at this point - and I'm only in generation D! I suppose I'm going to have to do a lot of recapping in the future, to keep a fast route available in case anyone wants to jump in later on. The current fast route is starting from chapter 40 and going on from there, in case you feel like it. :)

Thanks for reading and commenting, and I hope you enjoy the story! :plumbob:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Bookacy Family Alphabet Adventures [31st July 2019]

Post by katrisims »

Bumping for an update! SimNano got me into gear and I finally got an update together. (With this, I make my goals, hooray! :bounce: ) It's a second interlude, The Life and Careers of Komei Tellerman. (If the text seems familiar, you have a good memory! It's an edited version of an old drabble.) I hope you enjoy! :cookie:

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”