The Kim Family Legacy

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

The Kim Family Legacy

Post by mysterymusic7 »

I've finally done it; I'm attempting an alphabetical legacy challenge. I'm insane. I know.

The thing is I've always wanted to, but with my past computers there was just no way I could even in my right mind consider making the attempt. I finally got a really good computer that runs The Sims 2 at lightening speeds, so I decided to go for it! Okay, actually the original plan was simply put this. Yay! Thanks to having the Sims 2 Super Collection I finally have Nightlife again. That means I can play with vampires! Which meant of course I could install Ryker Kim my all time favorite vampire and just have some fun. It took me about 2 days of super speedy playing to realize I could go for the 26 generation legacy...and after much googling and frustrated shouting at the computer screen as I tried to figure out if it was even possible to share this with anyone with this being my first ever Mac, I figured out how. Therefore, you all get to watch Ryker attempt to found a family that will last 26 generations. Exciting right? I know.

As I was writing the first chapter of this I had a feeling of deja vu. So I re-read the Goldweaver Family Legacy chapter one, and I was struck with this sense that the two were eerily similar.Or maybe that's me seeing connections where there are none. Of course in trying to re-read the legacy as a whole (yeah I re-read it or the chapters whose links actually worked) I realized my younger self could be pretty bad at keeping her facts straight. Basically, I made a whole lot of statements that like make no sense.

I mean hell if Ryker had been around to know Oloros (my founder) and then met Toren who was the Generation 6 heir, then there's no way he was only 110 years old at the time he met Toren. So what we're gonna do (or what I'm gonna do) is say that whatever "narrator" was telling that part of the story or any other part that completely seems to contradict something or not make a lick of sense embellished the account for dramatic effect or whatever. Cause that way I look less stupid. :rotfl:

Okay enough of my rambling on and on. Let's actually post the first chapter!

The Kim Family Legacy Volume 1: Generations 1-3
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: The Kim Family Legacy

Post by katrisims »

Hello! :wave:

I'm a new reader signing up. :) I haven't read the Goldweavers, but I do remember seeing the story way back. Congratulations on finishing, by the way!

Anyway, I was intrigued by this legacy and decided to give it a read.
Spoiler:
Ah, I recognize your founder. He's one of my ultimate favorite sims, too! :hug: He's made of awesome, that's for sure.

Heh, proposing to marriage in a swim suit. Classic sim behavior. At least Andrew didn't do it in the bathroom!

15 fires? :jawdrop: Wow, I don't think I've ever encountered a sim with such talent on setting fires! Thankfully no one got hurt in those!

I like the idea of a treasury for the family treasures. I can imagine they'll accumulate a lot along all the generations.

Accidental adoptions, another Legacy classic. :D Well, it only adds spice and little Adrian is a cutie.

Yikes for the cowplant accident. I'm glad Tosha got her happy ending, I quite like her too.

Hooray for little alien Csaba!

Yikes, that was some cliffhanger to end the chapter! Poor Ryker, how will he manage with his wife gone? And poor Chenoa, having become close with Marie and then losing her like that. :sigh: I can understand why she's angry.

Clearly, there's something interesting going on with the vampires of your world. I'm curious about how it plays out.
Great - and speedy! - start! Keep up the good work! :applause:
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Hello!
I've read some of your Bookacy, but I'm waaaaaay behind. /shifty
Spoiler:
Heh Heh It's funny how sims seem to keep a personality/reputation across games. Like you always read Goopy is cool. Or that Joe Carr is a royal pain in the backside. This is the first I've heard someone give my dear Ryker some love. Makes me happy.

Yeah well Ryker proposed to his first wife back in the Goldweeaver legacy in his PJ's. Of course he also just married her in his PJs too. Heck, Ryker does EVERYTHING in his green PJ's. Classic pleasure sim.

Oh yes Andrew has quite the talent. He'd certainly have the pyromaniac trait if there was such a thing in SIms 2.

Yes, the treasure room is a nice little place to have. It'll be interesting to see how full it gets before I switch lots.

Yeah legacy classic right there, but like I hadn't done that one in YEARS. Of course I noticed Marie trying to kill herself at the time, and panicked.

Obviously Marie managed to successfully get past my vigilant eye and did KILL herself. Chenoa's anger partly stems from my own annoyance with her. And yes, poor Ryker is devastated. He's cried for days.

I'm glad Aiden was able to save Tosha. But I'm serious when I say that gate was locked. Still scratching my head trying to figure out how it got unlocked.Ah well. The world may never know.

Alien Csaba is cool. I LOVE him.

Yes my vampires are seriously playing into the story I created for them way back in the day. They're being all elusive and what not. We'll see if one of them ever finally manages to come out of hiding before this legacy is over so I can explore/play around with them. I mean surely they can't manage to avoid me for 26 generations can they? :rotfl:
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by katrisims »

Well, with the pace I'm updating at, there's plenty of time for you to catch up. :)
Spoiler:
Yeah it does seem that some sims have a reputation across games. I've seen the Ryker sim made a bad guy too, but in my game he was just plain awesome. He was my foundress' spouse and I loved him to pieces.

Yeah the mysteries of the cowplant gates, we may never know... I can think of one possibility at least: if the sim who locked the gate/door dies, the lock opens. I'm always a little paranoid in households with a cowplant...

The vampires are sometimes very good at hiding indeed. Let's hope they come out of hiding before the legacy ends!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, I just read this. I like the writing style!
Spoiler:
I haven't read the Goldweaver legacy (of if I did, I forgot, but hey, I've forgotten my own name three times that I remember, so... ANYWAY), I don't know if there's information from that that we need to know, but if there is, I'm sure you'll put that information into a future chapter, as a recap, or explanation or something.

Andrew - clearly, he was practicing for the birthday bonfire for his wife. Either that, or he's just incredibly stupid. It could go either way.

It moves along so fast that we don't see much of the interactions, but I can tell those two love each other. Awww.

I like how you have the international relationships, and did you create your own foreign neighborhoods, or just rename the basic ones?

Yay, cousins being there for each other!

I like the "accidental adoption."

Also, I don't know about the gate to the cowplant being locked, but in my game, I very nearly lost David, because somehow, he managed to get into a room with now door, at all. I have NO idea how. He can't teleport or magevestigium. It's one of the secret rooms in the safe house, for the witch supplies. The only way in, until Architecture is lifted, is by magevestigium, which means that Ragnar is the only one who can get in there, and even then, he had to wait for Paranormal lift, and I've never seen it be cast autonomously, and HOW did David wind up in there? He nearly starved to death. I kept giving him orders to go eat, which were canceled, and I couldn't figure it out, until I centered on him, and looked close, and said, "Whaaaa????" I consider move-objects to be no cheat in this case. It was the only way to get him out of that room. I didn't write that bit, but I swear it happened. I was too busy boggling to take pictures. So, in short, maybe Tosha just popped in there, just to annoy you.

Oh, Marie! Yes, I can see how Beatrice feels betrayed. But she can't understand Marie's pain, or her guilt. But what was this horrible crime the vampires committed to get this punishment? And why does Marie believe that "even half-vampires who never harmed a mortal" should also partake of the punishment? If they're innocent, then why? Maybe that's just her excuse, and she just can't deal with the pain of an immortal life, with a mortal family. That's gotta hurt, raising all these children, only to watch them grow old and die before you. Maybe this "accepting the punishment" is just her excuse, because she can't admit that she just can't deal with the grief. Maybe that's why she's had these tendencies for so long. Either way, the fact that she loved Beatrice, but not enough to stay WITH Beatrice, has knocked poor Beatrice for a loop.
Anyway, I really enjoyed it, and I hope to see more.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”