Mutation Central: An Uglacy

All sims 2 stories go here.
Forum rules
When your story is completed, please send a PM to Blamsart letting her know the story has been completed. She will award the medal and move the story to the Completed section.
Please do not use the report function to report the completed stories any longer.

Stories that need to be moved to the Graveyard should still be reported as usual.
Anya

Post by Anya »

So, because I tend to get burned out if I do a single project too long, I decided to run something else while still working on my Oceanview BACC... and because I love Candi's Uglacy, I decided to make it an Uglacy of my own! It's founded by the aptly-named Dick Uglacy, a Romance Sim who desperately wants out of his legacy contract, but is now forced to only chase after ugly women and the elderly... and to change dirty diapers. Heir names are drawn from poorly-written books* and legendary badfic**.

Chapters
1: A Sims 2 Uglacy
2: Quivering Thews and Goff Boiz
3: An Heir Rises (Into an Alien Spaceship)
4: The Search for a Legend
5: I Don't Want to Say It Was Aliens, But... It Was Aliens
6: Screwed-Up Off-Brand Addams Family with a Sci-Fi Twist
7: Vampires vs. Aliens
8: Horny Teenage Aliens
9: Alienception

Polls
Gen 2 Heir Poll

Family Tree
Mutation Central on Plum Tree

* If a character from one of your favorite books gets a kid in my Uglacy named after them... well, I guess we just have different taste in books. There are plenty of poorly-written books that I enjoy reading too, whether as a guilty pleasure or just to laugh at how bad they are. It's not an insult to you, just a comment on what I think is poor writing. I don't expect too much of this, though, as a good chunk of the names are from books that are generally only known as "LOL this book is so bad" memes in literary circles.

** Think My Immortal. There will be variants of "Ebony", I guarantee it.
Last edited by Anya on May 6th, 2018, 1:59 am, edited 11 times in total.
Winner of two Golden Plumbobs!
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
A city built on rock and roll... and furious exploitation of Open for Business.
Wealth-boom strategy, heavy character focus, and ridiculously cute aliens.
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rindoodle

Post Counts

Re: Mutation Central: An Uglacy

Post by snazzle »

Off to take a peek. Eagerly hoping for a "Hargrid." LOL
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

A new legacy! That's so exciting! :bounce: Good luck and I can't wait to see all these names! Hehehe! :lol:
Nevermore
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Location: Hanging out with the voices in Harley Quinn's head.

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Nevermore »

:O This looks fun! I'll add you on LiveJournal, to make sure I don't miss updates :thup: I'm owlofnevermore. ^^

Do what you love and the happiness follows.
The reasons you want to stay can blind you to the realisation you don't love it anymore.
xoxo

Anya

Post by Anya »

Chapter 2, "Quivering Thews and Goff Boiz", is now posted! I'll also be making an heir poll, where you can all vote as to the relative ugliness of Grignr and Hargrid.
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
Anya

Post by Anya »

The heir poll is now up! I've linked to it below the chapter list.
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
Anya

Post by Anya »

Chapter 3 is up! Thanks to all who voted in the heir poll, and happy Simming!
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post Counts

Post by snazzle »

Oh man, I missed the heir poll vote. Off to see if my beloved Hargrid won the, um, honor? LOL

OMG.. the update.. the photos of the abduction.. baahahaha.. And the way you have each talk is just perfection.
Anya

Post by Anya »

@snazzle, I'm glad you like how things are going! I have way too much fun writing Grignr and Hargrid's lines... "Cum on alienz, taek me to da Goffick Plant" still makes me laugh.

Chapter 4 is up, chronicling Hargrid's college career and some home-lot shenanigans.
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
Anya

Post by Anya »

New post is up. Fair warning: it is not for the faint of heart. ABANDON HOPE, ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE, FOR THE DEATH BABY HAS ARISEN.
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, my, Boolprop! This is WONDERFUL!

I laughed so hard. My sister kept asking me what was up, as if the answer "It's a sim story" would change. She has no interest in sims, but if there's laughter, she wants in on it. She has no idea what she's missing.
Spoiler:
My boi won! I adore Hargrid! And you know, the second adult abduction album for him was actually adorable in a grotesque kind of way.
Grig - what can I say? I love the way he talks, and his character is actually quite appealing, despite the quivering thews.
Dick lives up to his name. But he makes a good grampa to Renesmee, probably because she's a dick, too, and he knew before anyone else. He could sense the personality similarities. Chemistry, I guess.
CLONE Zombie! I was so excited about this, I literally squeed! Quietly, but I actually said, "Squee!"
My word, but you are a fast player and writer, and so good! I'm glad I found this early on, because you're putting out about a chapter every day and a half, aren't you? I'd be so far behind in just one more week. But this is definitely on my watch list.

Oh, and if you're looking for a bad book, check out "The Greek Seaman." Although, the man's name is Don, so... I guess Katy would work, as well. Bland names. Nothing like Grignr or Hargrid or Renesmee. But it's not about bad spellings. It's about bad fiction, so there you go.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Anya

Post by Anya »

Michelle, glad you like! I'm having way too much fun with this, so it's good to know I'm not the only one who's amused by my Uglacies. I really can't seem to stop playing them, hence the rapid post rate. (Another reason for that is the fact that I'm currently between jobs, so I have a lot of time on my hands between sending out applications and working on other, more serious projects.)

Hargrid is legitimately my favorite Sim in the household, and I'm so glad he got voted heir. I mean... alien babies! I love alien babies.

Thanks for the book recommendation, by the way! I've mostly been operating on things I've read, things the PPC have tackled, and things I'm told about by my friends over at Anti-Shur'tugal. As for "bland" names, hey, they can't all have Sue-names... though perhaps the bland names will be used more for children of spares than for potential heirs.
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

"Sue" names. OK, you MUST have a Mary-Sue or Marty-Stu somewhere in this line. You don't even have to specify the book.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Anya

Post by Anya »

I think Mary-Sue/Marty-Stu/Gary-Stu will probably be spare-child names, to make more room for silly references in the main line.
Spoiler:
One rule I'm implementing is that any Uglacy girl with black hair and blue eyes gets one of the many misspellings of Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way's many names. We just haven't had any blue-eyed kids yet, so it hasn't come into play.
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
Anya

Post by Anya »

Chapter 6 is up. Full house, whee... c'mon, elders, get outta here already...
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
Anya

Post by Anya »

Chapter 7, "Vampires vs. Aliens", is now posted. This generation has been taking a while... I just love taking screenshots of their antics far too much.
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
Anya

Post by Anya »

Chapter 8 is up, and you can probably guess from the title which aspiration two of the Gen 3 kids rolled. Happy Chocolate-Bingeing Day, I mean Valentine's Day!
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
snazzle
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post Counts

Post by snazzle »

All caught up. I love how the two alien kiddos are basically opposites features-wise. Renesmee with her exploded jaw, puffy lips, pinched non-nose.. her brother with the narrow jaw, no lips, and squished bulby nose. She definitely kicks his butt when it comes to features.. and I do hope she hits it off with the random Jasper townie. He's...fascinating. LOL (Plus, I love thee name Jasper.. I have one in real life. Named before the horrid Twilight books were out though.) And Rose is way too cute to be heir. Or even really the spare. But she serves a great purpose in that after you look at Renesmee for too long, she starts to look not that bad... until you see Rose and you're like "Oh yeah. That's what sims look like." LOL
Anya

Post by Anya »

snazzle wrote:All caught up. I love how the two alien kiddos are basically opposites features-wise. Renesmee with her exploded jaw, puffy lips, pinched non-nose.. her brother with the narrow jaw, no lips, and squished bulby nose. She definitely kicks his butt when it comes to features.. and I do hope she hits it off with the random Jasper townie. He's...fascinating. LOL (Plus, I love thee name Jasper.. I have one in real life. Named before the horrid Twilight books were out though.) And Rose is way too cute to be heir. Or even really the spare. But she serves a great purpose in that after you look at Renesmee for too long, she starts to look not that bad... until you see Rose and you're like "Oh yeah. That's what sims look like." LOL
Jasper Fleming the Bandanna Townie has a face template that was seriously underutilized in the original Uglacy; I only saw it once on Pennywise's father. Nearly half of the spouses/genetic contributors there had the Carmen Patch face. Besides Carmen herself, Lakshmi the Coffee Girl, Gage Uglacy's father Remington, Blair the Male Maid, Alvin Patch the Pimp, and Caryl the Oft-Misnamed Delivery Girl all had that same template. It's a good template if you're looking for ugly, but breeding it in too much decreases the mutation factor of combining wildly-incompatible ugly faces. But I digress... the point is, even if Jasper the Bandanna Townie doesn't end up marrying Renesmee, he will get into the family eventually. He's on my List.
Spoiler:
It... might be better for him to not marry Renesmee, actually. The way her personality's developing, she's probably going to turn into the next Olive Specter.
As for Rose, yeah, she's pretty much there to remind you what Sim children are supposed to look like. If she'd turned out to have Nice points I probably would have had Renesmee drown her in the pool or something, but since she's evil, I'm keeping her around.
ImageImage

Oceanview BACC
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Yay! Three more chapters!

You know, just the other day, I was telling my sister about this legacy, and then it hit me, that I did not remember what it was called. "Oh, no! I've lost it! I'll never find it again!" And then I DID find it, and it had three new chapters! WHEEEE!

Also, this is so funny. I can't type three words without making a typo (which my OCD requires me to correct :party2: ), so this is taking waaaay too long to type, so no more comments than that. Sorry. But YAAAAAYYYY! I love this.

Return to “Sims 2 Stories”