Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Chrismas 2018 .... Picture, Quote, Lyrics

Post by itsjulie »

Picture, Quote, Lyrics ...

VOTE HERE NOW

Boolprop is a home for writers, so why not have a writing challenge to celebrate Christmas? ;)
In the spoilers below are some inspiration for this special one-round challenge - one pictures, two quote, one lyric.
You can take inspiration from one, two, or all three and share with us a quick short story, a poem, a sims chapter - anything!

We'll put the submissions to a member vote and the winner will get a Winner's Choice medal :party:
Plus, every member who enters something into this event will recieve 50 house points AND a Members Star!!

The theme for this round = STARS!!

PICTURES
Spoiler:

QUOTES
Spoiler:
To be a star, you must shine your own light,
follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness,
for that is when stars shine the brightest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The brightest stars are those who shine for the benefit of others!
~~~~~~~~~~~

LYRICS
Spoiler:
Rewrite The Stars
(from the Greatest Showman)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRfmrE0ToTo

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
You know you want me
So don't keep saying our hands are tied
You claim it's not in the cards
and Fate is pulling you miles away
And out of reach from me
But you're here in my heart
So who can stop me if I decide
That you're my destiny?

What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine
Nothing could keep us apart
You'd be the one I was meant to find
It's up to you, and it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
So why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours
Tonight

You think it's easy
You think I don't want to run to you
But there are mountains
And there are doors that we can't walk through
I know you're wondering why
Because we're able to be
Just you and me
Within these walls
But when we go outside
You're going to wake up and see that it was hopeless after all

No one can rewrite the stars
How can you say you'll be mine?
Everything keeps us apart
And I'm not the one you were meant to find
It's not up to you
It's not up to me
When everyone tells us what we can be
How can we rewrite the stars?
Say that the world can be ours
Tonight

All I want is to fly with you
All I want is to fall with you
So just give me all of you
It feels impossible (it's not impossible)
Is it impossible?
Say that it's possible

How do we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine?
Nothing can keep us apart
'Cause you are the one I was meant to find
It's up to you
And it's up to me
No one can say what we get to be
And why don't we rewrite the stars?
Changing the world to be ours

You know I want you
It's not a secret I try to hide
But I can't have you
We're bound to break and my hands are tied

Participating in at least 5 events will earn you a Christmas 2018 medal. Image
PM a Moderator or Global Moderator with links to your three posts to claim it!

Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
Blamsart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: 76561198311960642
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Chrismas 2018 .... Picture, Quote, Lyrics

Post by Blamsart »

I went ahead and did a short story! Using the quotes as inspiration heh

I was listening to this song when I wrote it:
Yearning by Richard Lacy

I reccomend looping it, it really sets the atmosphere.
(Also its a touch on the emotional side just a small warning)
Spoiler:
They say she’s weak. They say she’s incapable.

“You look so cold dear.”

They say she won’t survive the winter.

“You should use that blanket.”

---
I watch the cars roll by, snow flicking off the tires and reflecting the street lights.

The frozen lake makes the air colder, but this is my spot. Right here behind my shed, with still warm embers keeping me cozy. If I don’t move too much, my body creates a bubble of warmth. Just enough to keep me from shivering. Just enough to keep this bundle in my arms warm. I clutch the roll of cloth, rocking to the soft sound of snow being rolled over.

It was hand stitched by my mother. She rocked in her chair for the eight months it took me to grow, and she knitted me this fuzzy square blanket. The fuzz has been torn at and the blanket has gotten loose, but I can still feel the love that was weaved into it. I clutch it a little tighter.

I repress a shiver as a cold wind flies in and covers my embers in snow.

I huddle closer to the wall of the shed, under a longer ledge that protects from the wind.

I lay down on a patch of ground I cleared out. I carefully lay my bundle down, covering it with my arm.

My mother used to sing a lullaby to me. Twinkle twinkle little star. She didn’t sing it like they did in school. She sung it softly, emphasizing every syllable, smoothing out every word with warmth and comfort. She’d caress my hair, kiss my forehead, boop my nose and tuck me in.

I sing it softly now, with as much love as I can muster, and I slowly unfurl a part of the blanket. I lean forwards to brush my lips against cold trembling cheeks. “I’m sorry love…” I whisper, covering my bundle with the torn blanket.

I try to cover more of her tiny body, and I stare up at the night sky as I wait for her trembling to calm.

I wish my mother were here. She had enough love to warm me up from my toes to my nose. I just want to do the same for mine.

I can’t spot any stars out tonight and that presses against me. Be it clouds or the city lights, the night is cold and empty, and I only manage to sleep once her trembling ceases.
---
The morning is warmer, the wind is calm and the sun is bright. I have hope. I have so much hope. Winter won’t last much longer. I can feel it.

They said she wouldn’t last, that she wouldn’t survive. She was too weak, I had brought her into this world too weak. But she made it, my little star made it!

I pick her up, unfurl her and nuzzle her. I wait for her tiny hands to grab my face, for her squealing voice to let me know she’s ready to start the day.

It was a harsh night I admit. The abandoned house we’d been in had gotten taken. I’d gotten lost looking for shelter last night. I was woozy from hunger and cold, I couldn’t tell left from right. But today we’d find a warmer place, today-

My heart fell too fast, too strong. I opened my eyes and looked fearfully at her pale, limp, blue body.

Panic overtook me. I can’t remember much else. I ran for the streets, clutching her to my chest, rubbing her back, waving my hands. I gestured at cars. I shouted at people across the road. I ran up the highway.

At some point someone stopped, they let me in and they drove me to the hospital.

I rubbed her back, I blew on her toes, I covered her with my body. But I was frail and thin, I barely gave out any heat.

Oh please, please, don’t let her die. Let me do something right, please. She makes up for all my sins, please.

“Let us take her miss, we’ll do our best.”

I watch her go in the arms of a stranger. The one thing I ever did right, and here I was failing her.

Someone is holding my arm.

“You should be ready for the worst. How long was she in the cold?”

All night. I think back to last night, when she stopped trembling, when she stopped trembling. My mom used to say something, when I would complain of shivers…

“Shivering is your body trying to be warm. If you’re still cold and your body isn’t shivering, that’s when you should be worried! That’s your body giving up.”

What have I done?

The tears spill down my cheeks and I begin to sob. My legs can’t support me anymore, and I find myself on my knees, watching the tears fall to the ground as I hiccup. They glisten on their way down, catching the pale clinic lights.

Oh my little star, how I wonder where you are…

I don’t know what to do. I’ve nothing left.

A hand tightens its grip on my shoulder, and I look up at a cup of steaming cocoa.

“You look so cold dear.” The lady says. She helps me up. “You should use that blanket.”

I look at the fuzzy memory clutched in my fist.

“And here, you should drink this to warm up.” I take the cup and I let myself be led to a chair.

I shamefully relish in the warmth spreading through my fingers and down my throat. The image of her blue skin keeps flashing in my mind and the sobs come back again in force.

“I’ve killed her…” I choke out, and the lady shakes her head.

“No, no, no…”

“I have! I froze her to death, I-I-I” I lose my voice and stare into nothing.

“It’s okay. She’ll be okay.” She rubs my back. “They said she still has a pulse. They’re doing their best to warm her up.”

I feel the warmth spread from her fingers in five directions along my back. I look up at her and gape.

“Yes,” She laughs. “You can hope!”

So I do, I hope as strong as I can, and I focus on gaining my strength back. If she makes it, when she makes it, she’ll need me to be strong. I will be strong.

It feels like an eternity, but I’m finally brought to her. She looks uncomfortable and wrapped in heater blankets, but she’s not blue anymore, she’s pink again, and they tell me she’ll survive.

They hand me pamphlets, they hand me tools to find shelter, and they tell me she’ll survive. And I cry much harder this time, because it’s from joy and relief. I squeeze her tiny hands and I cry and I smile.

“My sweet Lyra, of course you’d make it back to me. You shine too bright, to be brought down by my hands.”

I close my eyes, pressing her warm hand against my cheek.

I can feel her warmth, I can feel her love shining against my cold darkness.
The Pasta Legacy
TS4 Legacy

Idiot+Insane+Crazy = Idanezy
An ISBI that is both Alphabetacy and Whishacy
help me

Image Image
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

I took inspiration from the second quote and made a haiku!
Spoiler:
Generous people
Giving gifts to everyone
Spreading Christmas Cheer

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

Finally finished my double drabble (200 words). About my favourite couple, Nikki and Josh.
Spoiler:
The World Could Be Ours

Those amazing sky eyes stared at her, waiting for her decision. It was the same answer he’d been so patiently seeking all year: him, or her career? Twelve months ago, she wouldn’t have hesitated; her career was what she had been working toward for ten years. Back then, he wouldn’t have asked in the first place. He’d changed so much from the cocky, over-confident player she’d first met, becoming a sensitive, caring man worthy of her love.

But he was still on the same ship, still forbidden fruit. For months, she’d made do with stolen glances and casual touches, carefully keeping a professional distance despite her growing feelings. She’d been trying to hold onto both, but now now he was asking her to choose. Could she really risk everything for him? She had a Plan for her life, and a fraternisation charge would ruin everything. But if she denied this, would she become wedded to the Navy, willing to risk her life for her country but not her heart for another?

He was all in, had chosen her months ago. She knew she loved him. But was he enough? Then he said her name, and she finally knew her answer.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I wrote a Sims story. It was supposed to be a shorter story, but it took a turn halfway through and became something different than what was planned. It is my first attempt at a true story-story (4200 words + 160 images)

Bea Starr

(Sometimes, the new the images won't load correctly the first time - you may need to reload the page so they don't cover the text. I am still working on a good gallery plugin.)

Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories

Return to “Christmas Archive”