Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The "Officially"Wacky Boolprop Challenge TS4

Post by Teresa »

simfulicious wrote:Jenn-

I would say that age management for vampires is open-ended...meaning you can do what you want. Keep them around to max all sorts of stuff, but then they take up slots for your kids. Or move them out when their req's are complete. Since this is still in playtesting, we can also see what others think about this question.
I agree with this...
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Get To Work (9 points total)
-Have someone in your family max each of the Get To Work Careers (Scientist, Doctor, Detective). You must “join them” at work at least 50% of the time. (3 Points)
-Have any sim max a retail business at some point in the challenge. (3 Points)
-Discover 10 aliens in disguise (3 Points)

Is this 10 total for the challenge or 10 per generation?

Ugh, Triplets went to daycare in perfect mood and when Victoria returned from work they whisked away for neglect. I remember now why I quit playing this game.
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: petunia302007

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

Jenn-

I think that since it's aliens in disguise, and not ones you see at alien night that it would be harder and therefore be 10 for the challenge. Should we stipulate only one librarian, since for some reason they tend to be aliens? Maybe we should playtest this part out to see how easy/hard it is to do?
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I agree that it should be 10 for the challenge. Whoever plays it can see how easy/hard it is and recommend if we need to make changes also. :thup:
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

My sim is in the science career (level 5-ish even three weeks in to the game) and has yet to meet an alien. I am so glad you are saying 10 overall. Now, I'm gonna run off to the library and check this out.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

I know there is a level of the science career where the lab is invaded by disguised aliens but I have never paid attention to how many and the "discovering" part, so you may be the first one to really be in a position to test it and let us know for sure.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Oh that will be helpful.

Another question
-Train out all behaviours. (3 Points)

What are the behaviors? Mine never does anything to be scolded. I think she drank from a puddle once. She was scolded and never did it again. There was no notification to presume it was a learned behavior.
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: petunia302007

Post Counts

Post by simfulicious »

What you just described are the behaviors. Once you scold them a couple times, you are notified that the pet has learned not to do it anymore. I noticed, though that if your pet is smart, it won’t misbehave, or will take awhile to do so.
jcampbell
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by jcampbell »

Yeah, my dog is smart and she only has misbehaved one time by playing in a puddle. She learned not to do it again the first time Makenna scolded her for it.

I thought making Nika smart would be helpful and it is for trick/command purposes but not for training out bad behaviors, lol, she too smart to be bad. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Yeah, I'm going to fail the Cats and Dogs portions at this rate. All I need to do is train out behaviors. Lydia just became an elder and never misbehaves. I might have to get a stupid dog and start again. I'm so glad I have vampires. LOL

Edit:
Golden Trio You must have each triplet max three skills of your choosing as a child, make three best friends (outside of the family), and complete the golden trio of getting an A in elementary

You can only have one best friend in Sims 4. Should they just max their friendship bar instead?
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

rule clarification... this rule only applied if you are doing the mini-challenge, correct? So in my case, I am not doing the mini challenge, so I can use the perks for my sim that has the leader of the pack aspiration?

Get Together
-Earn Gold Status on 5 different events each generation starting with the first generation (ie. Date, wedding party, dinner party, etc). (3 Points)
-Have any sim complete Leader of the Pack aspiration with a family club (No Networked or Rally the Troops perks allowed to be used as per the rule below) (3 Points)
-Have a Club with all the club perks (have the perk but are just not allowed to use the perk as noted above) (3 Points)
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I am at a standstill until I can get a rule clarification on the Golden Trio. My kids cannot get three best friends each. I'll probably fail the triplets at this rate. I didn't realize they didn't need to complete their aspiration and spent most of the time doing that.
I've already failed the Cats and Dogs (Lydia died with only being naughty one time). That means getting another dog and training it all over again and there just isn't enough time as I'm almost ready for an heir poll. At this rate, I think I'm going to fail the whole thing.

I have never done the Leader of the Pack or played much with clubs. I usually just have a gardening one to get my garden tended to.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Sounds like we need to look at the rules for the training on C&D and definitely need to adjust the friends.

Now that you mention it - they can only have one BFF at a time. For Golden Trio, how about we change it to Good Friends instead of Best Friends?

And for Cats & Dogs, since the training out behaviors sounds like it depends on the dogs personality and isn't something you really control, is there something else that would make more sense as a replacement?

The Golden Trio (10 Points)
A generation of your choice must give birth to triplets. You may name each of the babies after a different letter in the naming scheme if you go for this, you are also exempt from the three pregnancy rule that generation. Additional trio rules apply. You must have each triplet max three skills of your choosing as a child, make three good friends (outside of the family), and complete the golden trio of getting an A in elementary and high school and reaching the top of their teen career as a teen. They must also each earn at least three positive character value if you have Parenthood installed. Trio = three. And no negative values. Additional children may be born after the triplets, the trio rules do not apply to them.

Cats & Dogs (9 points total)
Create a dog with your founder, and each heir must have their own pet as a companion (either by breeding the original pet or by adopting a new pet), and do the following:
-Teach all commands (only dogs can be trained - cats can be owned, but only dogs count for the bonus) (3 Points)
-Train out all behaviours. (3 Points)
-Run a vet clinic (the vet clinic must be established by the founder and owned through the entire challenge). (3 Points)

Sorry, I didn't see your question until tonight or I would have answered sooner. :(
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

C&D: How about maxing the training skill? The dogs get trained and can run the obstacle course. Lydia did it and had iffy results. She eventually ran it with 0 faults while Victoria was still only level 4 in the training skill.

Golden Trio: That's great about the kids. You can also have them get one best friend and two good friends?

No worries, It was edited in, so it was probably easily overlooked.
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

Those both sound good to me. :thup:
Teresa
Site Admin
Site Admin
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Teresa »

...and on the club question, I am going to play conservatively until I get consensus - my heir's wife has the aspiration so I am starting the process - I will not get her those perks until the end, but there isn't anything in the rules about not using club perks - just in the mini-challenge, so I think they are okay to use as long as you aren't doing the mini. my thoughts anyway :)
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rawla
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Rawla »

Any tips for completing this: Golden Trio: "three positive character value" ...I can barely get one.

Also, all three of the triplets need to have three positive character values each? Wanted to clarify. Total of nine for the triplets.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

That's what I am working on right now. They all have the responsibility one (just got them) from doing all four (including oldest sister) school projects together. Empathy works if you volunteer with family. As soon as they are all in good moods, I send them off. I have no clue about emotional control. I'm in the red for every kid there. Having mom or dad teach them to say Please and Thank you help with manners. Teaching to say sorry helps with conflict resolution. Getting all three is going to be insane.

Victoria's 2nd aspiration is Super Parent. All she needs is the last thing, which is getting a child with three positives. It must be possible, but it's hard. They still have six days left as kids and they barely have one skill maxed much (two aspirations are done) while my slacker child has the best character values, but his highest skill is 5.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Victoria mastered Pet Training. It is only 5 levels. Not sure what to think about that.
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rawla
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Rawla »

Thanks for the tips Jenn. For the emotional control, having children play with toys such as the little white cat and also writing in their journals helps with this.

They also learn manners by 'setting the table'.

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”