Beck to Basic! Legacy - 9/10/14 [DEAD]

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Iya

Post Counts

Re: Beck to Basic! Legacy - 9/10/14

Post by Iya »

MichelleCYoung wrote:Windows emulator - well, WINE may be wonderful, but it WILL NOT run Sims 2 Ultimate collection on a Mac.

The virtual drives are great, though, if you can configure them to use the right drivers. I had a Windows XP drive. Sniff! I have no idea why it died. My IT guy has no idea why it died. Can't get it back. But, OH! How I loved it, when I had it.

Yeah, I have used compatibility mode on a few things, recently. I love if for Lords of the Realm II. Too bad I didn't know about it five moves ago, when I still had those old disks. Although, I'd have to transfer all the files from floppy disks to CDs. Heh. Now, I just save everything, and ask my IT guy about it.

My IT Guy - He's actually my nephew, but I call him my IT guy, because he's got the knack, and is really great with computers, and I'm so proud of him, and also sometimes people ask me about who they can get to help with theirs, so it's advertising. When he was in 4th grade, he fixed his teacher's computer, and over the summer, the school called, and asked him to work on all their computers! FOURTH GRADE! Yeah, he has the knack! He's gotten some real paid gigs fixing computers, and doing all that technical stuff.

He also has a very heavy schedule, though, so I have to wait until he can visit before I can get a new Windows drive on my computer. And then I feel guilty, because it's a visit, darn it! It should be fun, not work. Ah, the perils of having your adorable, beloved nephew as your IT guy. Especially now that he's a teenager, and there's so much to TALK about, and I'd rather do that than work on the computer.

But he's pretty amazing. He actually is trained to work on Macs. As in, he can crack them open and upgrade the hard drive, and may even get official work with them, once he's 18.

Can you tell that I'm proud of him?
haha. you're very proud. i get smiles just reading about it. :D

I wasn't referring to WINE since this is the first time I heard about it. If it's an emulator, then i can see why it would not work. But I was looking into BootCamp since it literally installed Windows into the Mac hardrive so when you boot it, you can choose from either to load. So it's like two different systems in one.

But if you nephew say it doesn't work, then I'm I may be wrong. I'm still gonna do more research on this because I'm not ready to give up my FT and AL yet. lol.
ImageImage
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

MichelleCYoung wrote:Also, I do love my Mac. If only everything were compatible... Ah, well. We'll get that Windows drive going again, or a new one, or something.

I love so many programs designed to run on Windows, but as for the computer, itself, I really do love my Mac, and you'll probably love yours, too.

EAxis of EAvil, on the other hand, seems to have some sort of vendetta against Macs. I mean, Bon Voyage would run on Macs. Why in the world did they simply STOP making the games available for Macs? It must be some sort of inter-company politics, or something. I mean, why cut off such a HUGE portion of your consumer base? I wonder just how much money they lost in sales, due to that?
I honestly don't think they cared. With all the sales of their other games, i don't think they find it as much of a lost. Sad really, that most of their games has great potentials but could never live up to it. Against, they're bloodsuckers. All matters is quantity, not quality or rather: money, not service.
ImageImage
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Chapter 1.1
Spoiler:
Wow, that house is so pretty!

Wow, Atlas sure gets up to a lot of destruction and mayhem. Maybe put his stuff outside and lock the doors when there are no controllable adults at home to train him? Yikes!

"Everyone else is doing it wrong." Gotta love him. I like his self-confidence.

Oh, the babies are so cute! Love the CC baby clothes, as well as the naked-birth. Giving birth to a baby in a diaper must be... awkward.

Did I mention your house is lovely? Mine are always bland.
Yay! Thanks for posting!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Iya wrote:
MichelleCYoung wrote:...bloodsuckers. All matters is quantity, not quality or rather: money, not service.
Yep. If I didn't love the Sims so much, I'd just not buy anything from them, at all. Darn Will Wright and Maxis for coming up with such a good franchise! And darn EA for taking it over!

I miss Maxis.
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

MichelleCYoung wrote:Chapter 1.1
Spoiler:
Wow, that house is so pretty!

Wow, Atlas sure gets up to a lot of destruction and mayhem. Maybe put his stuff outside and lock the doors when there are no controllable adults at home to train him? Yikes!

"Everyone else is doing it wrong." Gotta love him. I like his self-confidence.

Oh, the babies are so cute! Love the CC baby clothes, as well as the naked-birth. Giving birth to a baby in a diaper must be... awkward.

Did I mention your house is lovely? Mine are always bland.
Yay! Thanks for posting!
Thanks!
Spoiler:
Yes, Atlas does. But he's so sweet and adorable I don't have the heart to lock him out. In fact, I love to see his antics and have been thinking of adopting another dog for him to play with. I'm thinking a girl so they could breed, which I've never done before.

Tyson is really growing on me though. He could be very boring sometimes but I like how he's a good father and is good to everyone else. He's a knowledge sim so he's more absentminded and had his head in the clouds more often than not. Maybe that why he was always ignoring her at college. too busy studying perhaps?

I'm so in love with baby Zane and Chance. Since I named them after two of my favorite novel heroes, it endears me more to them. The only difference here is that Zane got brown eyes and Chance got blue. It was suppose to be the other way around, but oh well. I haven't really touched them as toddlers yet, so I can't wait for that to start.

The house is all thanks to the magic of Recolors! I don't know why Maxis decide on grungy, low-toned, sad colors because the more I look at them, the more depress everything seems to be. As you've notice, I love bright colors and a lively neighborhood, so everything is bright and full of different colors of the rainbows. :D Recolors is the only reason why I'm surviving so far since my houses don't have to look so grungy and sad.
ImageImage
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Bootcamp is the same thing my nephew suggests, so it will probably work. I'm just waiting for a time when we can get together to go buy the necessary stuff.
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

Chapter 1.3 Added. ENJOY! :drinks:

Michelle
Spoiler:
Oh, if you got Bootcamp. Let me know! I still haven't got mine yet so I would love to hear how it manage on yours. :D
ImageImage
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

Chapter 1.4 Added. Enjoy! :drinks:
ImageImage
Rflong7
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Rflong7 »

Hi :cookie:

Nice Legacy! I love the colors and the brightness and the Sims are just adorable. :thup:
Spoiler:
Aw, so sorry about no puppies.
It's fun to read and the layout is nice.
I think you're doing well, too.

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”