The Nalaar Legacy College Part Two 8/7/2015

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
captainmills

The Nalaar Legacy College Part Two 8/7/2015

Post by captainmills »

After my Apocalypse broke, I decided to try my hand at a regular legacy. Enjoy!

The Nalaars can be downloaded here.

My Simself can be downloaded here.

Generation One
Chapter One: It's A Shack
Chapter Two: It's On
Chapter Three: Too Many Pets
Chapter Four: One Way Street

Generation Two
College Part One: Incredibly Inappropriate
College Part Two: Of Toga Parties and Witches
Last edited by captainmills on August 18th, 2015, 3:45 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: The Nalaar Legacy Chapter One 8/29/2014

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
Omigosh, that was hilarious! Looks like Ava's got a good start under her belt, complaining or no complaining. Gutsy, too, to go for the cheesecake twins while still living in the founding shack. I commend you.

You know, I've never gone for the 6 pets top of career LTW, mostly because I used to have this glitch where pets couldn't get promoted. You know, now that I've finally fixed that glitch, I might give it a try. Joe has inspired me. :D

Great start! I'm looking forward to the next chapter!

P.S. Did you know your chapter link didn't go through? You're missing the "url=" part of the first tag. ;)
P.P.S. Almost forgot! I just recently started playing MtG myself! Fun game! :D
Iya

Post Counts

Post by Iya »

Spoiler:
:haha: So cute! I love their personalities and Ave is awesome! Like you, i love networking because it means free money. :celebration:
ImageImage
captainmills

Post by captainmills »

Keika
Spoiler:
Thanks!
The cheesecake twins have definitely been hard on everyone, including me. But Ava rolled Romance as her secondary, and Joe rolled Pleasure. I wanted the heir and the spare to get born before either of them started rolling the have a baby fear.

I have never actually gotten Joe's LTW before. I almost decided not to go for it. I really hope that I don't run into the no promotions glitch.

Thanks for saying something about the link. I guess that will teach me not to post something right before I go to bed and am too tired to check it.

My boyfriend got me into MtG right after we started dating. I mainly use a green deck because big powerful monsters are awesome, but Chandra is my girl.

P.S. I love the White legacy! The last update has me on the edge of my seat.
Iya
Spoiler:
Thanks! I didn't think I was going to like networking with Apartment Life came out, but it has become one of my favorite features in the whole game. Ava is definitely the most, well, abrasive sim I've had in a long time, but it's kind of charming in a weird way.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Hi! :wave:
Spoiler:
I'm liking this so far! I love the simself house, it's really neat :)

I also love the additional rules you have - randomising the heir is particularly interesting to me! I look forward to seeing the outcomes of that. :)

I really like Joe Carr, though it's been awhile since I married him in.

The girls are cute! Looking forward to more!
captainmills

Post by captainmills »

Spoiler:
Thanks! The truth is, I am not a very good builder. So I just went for simple and small cause it's easy.
I added all the rules cause I am a bit worried about getting bored, and I'm hoping the handicaps will prevent that. Randomizing the heir should definitely help with that so I don't just keep picking the same type of Sim over and over again.
Joe's a good guy. I haven't married him in before, but I am definitely liking him.
If you think they're cute now, wait until you see them age up. I can't even tell you how much I love the twins.
captainmills

Post by captainmills »

Update bump
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Re: The Nalaar Legacy Chapter Two 8/31/2014

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
Grima is also a minor villain in Lord of the Rings, where he is also known as Grima Wormtongue. ;D

Wow, Maria is gorgeous! Ava's custom face and Joe's face template mix really well!

Shame, Ava, setting poor Cyd's house on fire. Shame, shame, shame. ;)

Good chapter, Cap! I'm really looking forward to seeing the shenanigans Maria and Rosa get up to as teenagers!
captainmills

Post by captainmills »

Spoiler:
You're right about Grima. I didn't even think of his LoTR incarnation. But the Fire Emblem incarnation is a bit more threatening since he's the main villain there as opposed to a pawn.

Maria amazed me with how gorgeous she turned out. If I were doing a prettacy I could almost just stop now lol

Like Ava said, you only have to do it once and everyone gets the message. I really hope she was right so I don't have to worry about any elder arsonists running around.

Thanks!
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
Maria is gorgeous! Have you picked an heir yet or will there be a poll? :) The house is looking good as well! Looking forward to teenage antics :D
captainmills

Post by captainmills »

Spoiler:
Thanks! Heirship is randomized. I roll dice to see who it is. I already know who the heir is going to be, but I think I might keep it to myself until after college.
Sam

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Sam »

Spoiler:
I knew that, dammit. It's in the first chapter! D'oh! How did I forget? :oops:
captainmills

Post by captainmills »

Spoiler:
It's okay. I have to keep a list of all my handicaps next to me while I'm playing so that I can remember them. I nearly had Ava drink some Elixir once before I remembered that I can't. Thank goodness I was able to cancel the action on time.

I might decide to do an heir poll or two in the future. Maybe that's what I'll do for generations that mark major progress, like generation 5 or something.
captainmills

Re: The Nalaar Legacy Chapter Three 9/3/2014

Post by captainmills »

New update!
captainmills

Re: The Nalaar Legacy Chapter Four 9/4/2014

Post by captainmills »

Chapter four is up!
Keika
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Keika »

Spoiler:
I read both chapters at once, so sorry if this comment is a little jumbled. :P

It may be rubbing salt in the wound at this point, but there is an easier way to get the 6 pet careers LTW. The game counts pets reaching the top of their career--not which pet does it. You could do this LTW with one or two pets, having them quit their jobs when they hit the top and starting again from the bottom. The same thing goes for LTWs like marrying off six children--one child could complete this LTW by breaking up and re-marrying over and over again. ^^

Couples' portraits are pretty adorable. Thanks for the shoutout! :D

Maria is just too much fun! Nobody's going to mess with the Queen of the Axes! :rotfl: Except maybe the soulless tour guide in Three Lakes. O.o

Ever seen the Unsavory Charlatan in Twikkii Island? He wears a grass skirt with his top hat and monocle. :rotfl:

Great couple of chapters, Cap! I'm looking forward to the next one! :D
captainmills

Post by captainmills »

Spoiler:
Thanks! This might sound a bit fangirlish, but I do get a little excited whenever I see a comment on here from you. :oops:

I wish I had known that about the pets! It would have been so much easier and Ava would have been able to see Rosa and Maria at least graduate. Getting that LTW done took so long that Ava only had a few days left and I wanted to dedicate a lot of time to her before she died. Thanks for the tip, though. If I get it again, or if I get the six married kids one, I'll be able to complete much more quickly and much more easily.

Couple portraits are incredibly cute. Their descendants can look at them and always remember how much their ancestors loved each other.

I have never had as much fun writing a Sim as I have had with Maria. I have to try really hard to not just have every chapter be all about her. When I flipped the coin for heir and got Maria, I couldn't believe my luck. She is definitely the perfect one to carry on the legacy.

I was actually a bit happy to find the soulless Tour Guide. I found a Zalgo Text Generator ages ago and I finally had a reason to use it.

I have not seen the Twikkii Island Charlatan. I have either really good luck or really bad luck with him, depending on how you look at it. I rarely ever see him and he's never done anything to my Sims. I guess that's good, but it's honestly a bit disappointing. I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for reading! I'm really glad you like it.
captainmills

Re: The Nalaar Legacy College Part One 9/12/2014

Post by captainmills »

College Part One is up!
Whispiee

Post by Whispiee »

Just started reading your legacy!
Spoiler:
I really loved the first chapter and will more than likely be spending the next hour catching up to your post recent update. ;)
I really love your commentary, I find it very amusing to read. :)
captainmills

Post by captainmills »

Thanks!

I hope you like(d) the rest of what's up so far.

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”