The Hollinter Legacy [Indefinite Hiatus]

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: The Hollinter Legacy [1.6: Trouble (Part 3) - 12/10/2016

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Oh, wow! I just finished Trouble, parts 1-3 (more coming?)
Spoiler:
Wow. I don't know whether to hope hey turn her into a zombie, or leave her dead. She's such trouble, after all.

I DO hope that Comet comes to his sense and brings the kids along, and introduces them to the world of magic, so that they can learn to control it, and not be controlled by it. His insistence that avoiding the issue and denying it means that they'll be safe from ever dealing with magic is ludicrous beyond words, and SOMEONE needs to knock some sense into his head. Maybe the fact that Tosha found them and could have hurt his children will do that. But I rather doubt it. Likable as Comet is, he's an abject fool in too many ways. Stubborn, too. And not nearly involved, enough, in his children's lives, if they are so easily able to hide their magical abilities from him.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Michelle: Wow, sorry for the super late reply! I totally missed that this had received a new comment since the last time I updated... :shifty:

There is more to this chapter for sure, but I decided to scrap my original plans, save the pictures I'd already shot for another, and shoot/write some new material for the chapter instead (which is why there hasn't been an update in a while.) I realized that what I'd planned was a little too ridiculous, and needed to be reworked in order to be somewhat believable (or at least as believable as you can get in a story about aliens who are bad at using magic :lol:).
Spoiler:
Leave her dead, for sure. :lol: As fun as she was to write, I think the Hollinters need to deal with new villains, instead of continuously bringing back the same few.

Comet's one of my favourite characters to write, particularly because he's wrong about quite a few things. His refusal to introduce his children to magic, for example, or his prejudice against other supernatural creatures (with his wife being pretty much the sole exception) that's based on "well my family doesn't like them, so I don't like them." And I'm glad to see that people don't blindly like him just because he's the founder & main character!

Thanks for the lovely comment! Your feedback always give me so much to think about, especially when it comes to what direction I want to take the story next. :heart:
I've also submitted an expanded/reworked scene from the story for December's writing contest!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

So I haven't posted here in over a year, and I just wanted to leave a quick update: my game currently crashes about five minutes into playing every time I load up the family, and I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to continue this as gameplay, without the story, from an old back up, or just move this to the graveyard.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

I hope you just leave it on hiatus, until you can fix or upgrade your computer and get it settled that way. It's too good to lose, entirely.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: The Hollinter Legacy [Indefinite Hiatus]

Post by Heather »

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to go ahead and move this to the graveyard; I ran into a different issue where my download speeds were getting throttled, and was only able to fix it by doing a reinstall of windows. I haven't had the energy to get s2 to cooperate with Win10 again, and I've since taken up playing s4. This probably isn't going to be coming back, but the last time I said that I ended up coming back with this legacy, haha.

Thanks to everyone who read, commented on, and nominated this story! It was fun while it lasted, and maybe I will find the drive to write about some of these characters again some day. :)

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”