Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Story Newsletter: July 2018

Post by Livvielove »

Cześć, Boolpropians!
I hope all of you are doing well - a heat wave has hit my area and I'm absolutely basking in it! It's been a busy June and I hope everyone is ready for the coming July! A quick reminder that our Golden Plumbobs have returned this year for the annual awards! Voting begins on July 1st and goes until the 31st, so make sure you get your vote in! It's always a special and anxious time for the writers when awards are being voted on, so please remember to share your love with the creators of your favorite stories! As a writer I can say that even the smallest comment can go a long way to making another person's day brighter, so let's make it a goal this month to make this July the brightest July yet!
[hr]

This month's challenge-focus is on the "Officially Wacky" challenge, otherwise known as the OWBC! This challenge is Boolprop's own pride and joy, a challenge of which I long to try out one day (when I'm not, you know, drowning myself in other projects and stories, heh). This runs four-generation long and will have you exploring all parts of your game with your Sims as you work to achieve goals in a choose-your-own-adventure style challenge. There's a lot of versatility to be had and experienced, and should you be wacky enough to officially try this challenge out for points, you'll be granted a shiny new medal: Image
The rules are as follows: The Sims 2 | The Sims 3 | The Sims 4
Or, if you're more interested in watching the fun roll on (or looking for some equally Wacky challenge doers), look no further than our own Challenge forums:
The Sims 2 | The Sims 3 | The Sims 4
[hr]
July Winners

Congratulations to our new winners!
The Gordon Legacy - a Sims 3 Legacy by DSLady

From the Author:
Hmm, what can I say about the Gordons? They started out as my attempt to finally complete the Legacy Challenge, and somewhere along the way I fell hideously in love with them.
They're an observational legacy, and I spend 90% of my time talking to them and trying not to make myself look completely insane. It's a struggle, I tell you.
They've travelled with me across three different machines, and are the first legacy family of mine to pass Generation Five. I've been playing them for three years now, and we're so close we can almost taste it!! The birth of Generation Nine is here, and I'm so excited!!
There's been a lot of gorgeous sims to come out of this legacy - including the star of my Runaway Teen story, Ginny - and I love every single one of them. I know I shouldn't have favourites, but Generation Seven will always hold a special place in my heart.

This is my Gen Seven heir, Shakespeare, streaking at his graduation. It was... it was a saga.
Another favourite of mine will always be my Gen Three heir, Lyra.

She was such a badass, and so much fun to write with. She was also lowkey gorgeous, but as she maxed the athletic skill as a teen and then went on to max another three(?) skills, I don't think she cares particularly much.

I also want to give a mention to one of my most colourful and fun couples, Mia & Amy! They were the first gay couple to appear (first of three, currently), and while the most loving & supportive trophy definitely goes to Billy & Remus of generation six, these two were so beautiful and cute, that I couldn't let this post go by without a chance to shout about them.
This legacy is full of lunatics (myself included, of course), but it's a good time and hopefully soon to be completed!! Every generation is themed, and so far I've had Web Series, Pokemon, the Princess Diaries, Powerpuff Girls, Harry Potter, Stardust, and the Mistborn books.
<~~~>
Una OWBC - A Sims 2 "Officially Wacky" Challenge by simsterlyrock
<~~~>
Started at the Bottom - a Sims 4 Movin' On Up Challenge by MeadowThayerr
From the Author:
Oh, wow! I'm super excited about being chosen for this honor! This family has been a lot of fun for me to play, and the challenge is pretty great too, it certainly keeps things interesting. I really hope that you guys enjoy it! I haven't seen many other attempts at this challenge, so if you happen to try it too, I'd love to see your take on the challenge!
About the Story:
After completing my legacy, The Hayden Legacy, I really loved the generation ten child when she was grown up to a young adult. I wanted to use her for something, but not a legacy so I decided to look for a new challenge to try out. That's when I came across the Movin' On Up Challenge by Pinstar. It seemed like a short, but really fun, challenge I could try while awaiting the release of Seasons. Plus, I really like playing around with the apartments, so I thought this would be a cool way to do that!
[hr]
Laugh your guts off at a chapter's hilarity? Cry at a moving moment in a story? Really like someone's picture-taking abilities? Give that someone a Kudos today! Click here! They won't know how awesome you think they are unless you tell them!
New Member Stories this Month: Give 'em a warm, Boolprop welcome!

New Stories this Month: Stop by and support our awesome members' new stories!

Anniversaries: Congratulations on a(nother) year with your story!

Congratulations and may you have many more years of prosperous Simming and writing!

Story Kudos: You've been noticed!
  • Pony has returned with The NEW Pokemon Legacy! and Silver Bend: A Simself BACC I'm such a sucker for Pokemon and your narrative in the BACC is inspiring, keep up the hard work, Pony! Your writing is fantastic!
  • The REAL Uglacy is Back is back (and I take great pleasure in that duplication of phrasing, hehe). After much hard work, Candi0207 is back, kicking butt and taking names on her incredible Uglacy!
  • MichelleCYoung is going for gold with her great comeback on her Alphabetepic Apocalypse (and yes, I did have to check my spelling on that three times!). It's so great to see you posting updates again, MichelleCYoung!
  • Teresa has been showing the Baby Boom Challenge who's boss in her Bladderstone Baby Boom! Go show some love for that beautiful, growing family!
  • Thaitanic is also sliding in with a fabulous update to his Oh Darling, It's the Apocalypse challenge story! I'm always thrilled to see what he's got in store for his Darlings!
  • I've got some serious love for Gryffindork making a comeback with the Dysfunkshinul Legacy (please tell me I misspelled that right, hehe). You're almost to that Legacy finish-line, Gryff!
  • I'm sending some love out to Voguishstorm who had a setback with her computer files! Her determination to continue with her stories is astonishing, especially with her The Moonwisp Chronicles. Boolprop has your back!
  • jcampbell was struck by inspiration and brought us a wonderful Random Raven Desires chapter. You always take such beautiful shots of your sims, teach me your secrets!
  • The Huckles: A Very Ugly Prettacy, The Glassbolt Archives: An Apocalypse Challenge, Here Comes the Boom: A Baby Boom Challenge, and Operation Repopulation: A 100 Baby Challenge has returned with mojot89 bringing us a fantastic addition to the stories! I'm glad you made it out of your busy renovation-time, and wish you lots of happy simming and updating time!
  • River Heights BACC by goeswithoutsinging came back this month and I'm so hyped! I love BACC and watching the towns expand is the funnest part! You've got this, goeswithoutsinging!
  • Mauricette has made a comeback to Silk Road: Raven over the Moon. You're an inspiration to me - you make your challenge look easy!
  • The Boolprop Monster Mash by Ani-Mei has returned in full force! I'm not brave enough, myself, to try a Monster Mash, so I seriously admire your challenge! I can't wait to read more of it, 'cause it looks like you're almost there!
  • I'm so happy to say itsjulie is back with her The Leaf Baby Boom. I've missed Red a little too much, so I'm glad to see her antics return, and the babies too!
I'm super stoked for the Golden Plumbobs Voting, don't forget you have until the end of the month! Go support your fellow Boolpropian stories (and possibly your own)! I hope to see everyone around the forums, have a great July!
Blamsart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: 76561198311960642
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Story Newsletter: July 2018

Post by Blamsart »

Hooo wow! That's a lot of kudos!

It's so great to see everyone still be active!

Fantastic newsletter! I'd say it's the norm now, but they seem to somehow just keep getting shinier and better XD
The Pasta Legacy
TS4 Legacy

Idiot+Insane+Crazy = Idanezy
An ISBI that is both Alphabetacy and Whishacy
help me

Image Image
MeadowThayerr
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Crimetape
Origin ID: MeadowThayerr
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by MeadowThayerr »

Thank you again! <3
Image Image Image
Hello there, I'm Haleigh!
It's MeadowThayerr with 2 Rs because someone beat me to the normal way.

STORIES | TWITCH

Sims 4
The Deepwater ISBI | The Disney Name Game | The Cien Baby Challenge | Nook's Legacy
jcampbell
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by jcampbell »

I now always look forward to seeing these newsletters at the beginning of the month! You do such an awesome job :thup:

Thank you for the kudos :heartbeat:
I do a lot of pausing and changing the angles to find just the shot I'm looking for.
Sometimes I get lucky and other times I'm banging my head on the desk because they won't do what I want, lol.
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

I'm lovin' these newsletters! Thanks for the Kudos! Now I'm off to look at some of these wonderful stories!

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:

Return to “Misc Events Archive”