Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Story Newsletter: June 2018

Post by Livvielove »

こんにちわ (konnichiwa), Boolpropians!
We've got a super-fantastic month ahead of us, and I've got a lot of announcements to give! I'm pleased as punch to announce, first and foremost, that the Golden Plumbobs have returned! Nominations begin this month, so please fill out a nomination form when you see the threads go live! Nominations will be open for about 4 weeks, but time flies fast! As we all know, we've got some fantastic stories around here, so I imagine the competition is going to be tough this year!
Returning also this month with a graceful knee-slide is the Boolprop Chef events! Super-awesome mods Ani-Mei and Gryffindork are hosting these now month-long events! They've expanded the normal posting time to allow more entries! It's already shaping up to be a HOT summer where I am, so I can't wait to see how everyone else is keeping cool! Please stop by HERE to become apart of our incredible Chef events!
Make sure to stop by and congratulate all the participants of Boolprop's Next Top Model: dbars107, Jenn, mojot89, jcampbell, DSLady, Heather, Gryffindork, and this years winner, Jesslb429! They all did such a fantastic job on their models that I'm already hyped up for next year!
Finally, our own Bouncer has wanted to revitalize the role playing threads here on Boolprop! Role playing can be a little daunting sometimes, but truly it's a great deal of fun! Stop by the thread and say hello (unless you're role playing from I Love Lucy, then you can: *busts down the door* Lucy, you've got some 'splainin' to do!) and come have some fun role playing with us!
[hr]

This month let's take a zoomy-zoom on the Differences in the Family Tree (DITFT) challenge! Those who pursue this challenge are going where few rarely choose to go: beyond generation 10 (audience gasps, one woman in the third row from the back faints as the dramatic music rolls out). Yes, you heard me right - this 15-generation-long challenge has rulesets available for the Sims 2, Sims 3, and Sims 4. Which has brought a wide variety of challenge-attempters up to bat (hey, I might even be one of them, one day... assuming I make it past generation 10 on a legacy without turning it into a gigantisaur-sized story) to make their mark into the unknown of generations beyond 10 - well, assuming we're not looking at the Alphabetsies, or the several other challenges that span beyond gen 10, but I've never done it before, so therefore I make it a point to be awe-struck by anyone who makes it that far.
For those who are interested (and brave enough) to attempt this feat, you can find the rules here: The Sims 2 | The Sims 3 | The Sims 4
Those who compete and complete will win this fantastic medal: Image
Or, if you're like me and prefer to sit and watch in amazement, you can find the stories located here: The Sims 2 | The Sims 3 | The Sims 4
Give these hard-working challenge-doers some love!
[hr]
June Winners

Congratulations to our new winners!
Dagda Whim Catcher - a Sims 4 Legacy by jcampbell

From the Author:
Dagda Whim Catcher isn't a typical story from my imagination with plot twists and such. It's a mix of the Random and Whims legacies combined in my own way. I have certain parameters that I play in so that I have an end goal. I find that if I don't have a goal or direction to go in I lose interest fast in my save file. This is one reason why I love the random legacy rolls so much. I know what I am aiming for each generation but how they get there is still a surprise to me. My sims often have personalities in my head and I do share that as I go. The story is not just me telling you what is going on in the screenshot. You do get to see in their minds along the way.
<~~~>
Light the Way to Heaven - A Sims 3 Legacy by Blamsart
About the Story:
Whitelight
It’s a name that makes the newspapers. It’s a name that people admire, hate and fear.
It’s a family of ignorants, of murderers, of saints, of cowards and of reckless children. It’s a family who unknowingly carries the fate of the entire world on their shoulders.
Death follows your footsteps
Playing the act of the mindful guardian, the Grim Reaper follows their bloodline for a single reason. To ensure the final child is birthed: the Chosen Creator. The bringer of the end of the world.
Only a handful of people know the truth, some of which have had centuries to reveal it and have chosen not to or have forgotten.
The question needs to be asked. Does the world need to be saved?
And who has control over the answer?
Nothing is created, nothing is destroyed, everything is transformed.
<~~~>
GageNation BACC - a Sims 2 Build a City Challenge by MichelleCYoung
From the Author:
I am so honored to be chosen for this honor. What an honor!

Seriously, I am SO STOKED, y'all! :bounce:

I have a lot of fun writing my Sims stories. In fact, I have a hard time simply playing the game without some sort of challenge and/or story to guide me, because just having a life simulator is like... Life, and this is my escape, you know? I'm not as plotty as some of my favorite Sims writers out there, being more of an observational writer, but I just can't resist throwing twists, monkey-wrenches and popcorn at my pixel-people. Especially when I'm hopped up on pain pills, and having eleven babies at once seems like a GRAND idea at the time. This is one reason I can't hold down a regular job. I'm too unpredictable. :spin:

GageNation is a BACC, and although I usually do this sort of thing loosely, I'm doing this one by the book, honoring all the restrictions and posted rules. But, being me, I couldn't just be random. I had to throw in a twist. And since I recently re-read The Uglacy That Started It All (Candi's brilliant Uglacy challenge from way back when!), and just fell for Gage Uglacy in a big way, I decided he had to be my founder. And with such a horn-dog for a founder, it was inevitable that he'd father many of the next generation, so why not go for broke, and make it a requirement that ALL children born in-game had to be from his bloodline? Note - I'm all for adoption, so adopted children are fine, but they have to follow the rules of adults moving into the community, which is get some of that Gage blood going, by having a bit of biological offspring from the Gagemeister (or his descendants) within one week of adulthood (which will probably be tricky, considering the legalities of adoption and incest, even if you're not blood related, and I should hold off on adoptions until I have some second cousins, at least, and that rule seemed like such a good idea at the time).

In a few more years, I'll have to get mail-order brides and grooms, because everyone in town is going to be related. So, for you simselves out there, I'll be happy to pay your transportation costs to GageNation, if you place the mail-order. Just shoot me a PM.

In the meantime, I'm having a blast playing a character who is not mine, but for whom I have the utmost respect. Sort of. OK, I can't really respect Gage Uglacy as a person, but as a character, BOYHOWDY! And a big thanks to Candi0207 for letting me use and abuse him this way! :pan:

Thanks to all the lovely readers who commented and all the also-lovely readers who did not, and everyone who apparently joined some sort of "academy" just to vote for me! Y'all ROCK!
[hr]
Laugh your guts off at a chapter's hilarity? Cry at a moving moment in a story? Really like someone's picture-taking abilities? Give that someone a Kudos today! Click here! They won't know how awesome you think they are unless you tell them!
New Member Stories this Month: Give 'em a warm, Boolprop welcome!
I didn't find any new member's fresh stories this month, but fear not, there are a lot of great reads out there! If you joined us in the month of May and started your story before the 30th of May, please PM me so I can correct this! Otherwise, I'll keep checking for next month!

New Stories this Month: Stop by and support our awesome members' new stories!

Anniversaries: Congratulations on a(nother) year with your story!

Congratulations and may you have many more years of prosperous Simming and writing!

Story Kudos: You've been noticed!
  • gretski6 is getting those chapters up on her A Drifting Nomad: A Drifter Challenge. Good luck with those updates!
  • NotSoEvilPepsi has come back from a break on The MacDermott DITFT Legacy Challenge with their generation 6. You're a brave, DITFT-attempting challenger!
  • Dr. Marlow's Home for the Sanity-Challenged by bookloverblue is back from a hiatus! Congratulations again on the completed legacy and can't wait to see more from you!
  • Jenn has been on a super-streak, coming back from a small break with Mims 100 Baby Challenge, Lavender Wishes, and Ivory's Sliding Doors! Tell me your secrets, oh master! I'm sure I'm not the only one happy to see your name lighting up the storyboards!
  • Ani-Mei is back at it with The Power of a Name! I'm so happy to see this story coming back after that break! Keep it up, Ani!
  • Anne is killing it with her BACC Blueberry Island! Keep it up! You've got this! BUILD that city!
  • LostInReverie updated The Disney Legacy after a break away, with some extra 'drama' from the sims to boot!
  • I'm excited to say MonaLisa made a strong comeback with the Gallant Legacy! You've got this! Can't wait for the next update!
  • I have actually just rebooted my Reaper's Legacy, seeing all these great stories keeps me motivated! *pats self on back* Go self!
  • I want to toss in a special kudos to skyegal23! I've seen so many stories being balanced and frequently updated! I WANT your motivation and truly admire your challenges! Keep up the great work!
  • Nevermore wants to highlight Cororon in both her Mike Malone: The Dirty Cop and Breakfast with Tox, saying: "Witty and well written. Great little burst of comedy, and memorable. Forgetting a narcissistic green hoppy like Tox, or a cop like Mike Malone is impossible."
  • Lylawitness gave kudos to Livvielove ( :blush: :hug: ) for Where the Willow Walks, saying: "Kudos for taking my emotions on a ride! I cried a lot and hard on this story. It's beautifully written and I reccomend it to, well, everyone!"

Well, I suppose I'll have to go expand my doorways now so my big head can fit through there... I'm super stoked for the Golden Plumbobs! I hope to see everyone around the forums with all the great events and threads we've got going on, have a great June!
Nevermore
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Location: Hanging out with the voices in Harley Quinn's head.

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: Story Newsletter: June 2018

Post by Nevermore »

Great newsletter this month Liv! :thup:

Golden plumbobs? Exciting! :D
RP threads? I'm there! Let me at 'em!
Yay! :bounce: So many good story mentions! :D

Do what you love and the happiness follows.
The reasons you want to stay can blind you to the realisation you don't love it anymore.
xoxo

jcampbell
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by jcampbell »

:drinks: Great newsletter Livvie!!!

I am excited for all the things coming up in the summer months especially the Golden Plumbobs :party:
I am thankful and excited to have also won story of the month :flirt: :heartbeat:
Blamsart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: 76561198311960642
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Blamsart »

Wooooooo!
I won story of the month hehhehehe

A++ newsletter, each has a more original intro than the last hahaha, it's a treat each time! :heartbeat:
The Pasta Legacy
TS4 Legacy

Idiot+Insane+Crazy = Idanezy
An ISBI that is both Alphabetacy and Whishacy
help me

Image Image
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Livvielove, you do such a great job with these newsletters! Organizing the event, liaising with the Random Academy, choreographing the performers, the works! This is the only awards show I watch!

Well, maybe the Golden Plumbobs! Woot! Looking forward to that one, too!

As soon as I figure out how to hang this thing, I'll put my banner on my electric wall. Yay!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
mysterymusic7

Post Counts

Post by mysterymusic7 »

Michelle congrats on the story of the month girl you totally deserve it! Your stories are always fantastic and super evil.. :highfive:
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Thanks, Mystery! That means a lot! I mean, a random drawing is one thing, but an *actual opinion* is something else, entirely. YAAAAY!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Misc Events Archive”