BNTM Season 12 - Round 5: THE SIMS (FINALE)

Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Welcome to Round 5 of Season 12 of BNTM!

Round 5 Details
Requirements & information for round 5: This round is all about THE SIMS! "What? The Sims? Well isn't this whole competition about the Sims?" you ask - I mean, yes. It kind of is. BUT! The Sims has also over the years developed a really interesting and super extravagant culture - the story of Bella Goth, the drama of the Sims forums, sim challenges... We want you to take your favourite part of The Sims and turn it into a photoshoot. Is your favourite part of The Sims its stories, its drama and fandom, or what you can do with the game? :hmm: Get meta!
  • 1 head shot of your model
    1 full body shot of your model
    1 freestyle photo
Photo editing is allowed
Be creative. Surprise us!

Judging will be based on
  • Your concept (be creative)
    The scene and background
    Your model position & expression
    Photography (technical details)
    Following the round rules
Deadline: 5th May
call me Thai!
they/them
jcampbell
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: BNTM Season 12 - Round 5: THE SIMS (FINALE)

Post by jcampbell »

Ember is here once again to help me show you what I love about the Sims.
Spoiler:
I love how with a few simple changes I can completely transform my sims look and overall attitude.
Ember can go from looking sweet and innocent to a total bad... well you get the picture.

Head shot

My absolute favorite thing about the sims though is having a family. I always want my sims to have a big happy family and I often think that they wish for the same thing.
In most cases they do, lol, and I tend to have to reign them in a little with all that baby wishing they do. I really enjoy the different family dynamics you can have in the
game just like in real life from a single sim that cannot have children to a gay couple finally adopting a baby. You could have a teen get accidentally pregnant or you can
make them wait until they are married and settled in. The possibilities for families are endless and I love it!

Full body

Ember has certainly had her ups and downs in her long sim life but in the end she found her true self and her happiness.
Ember's advice to you all is to go out there and create a world that makes you happy!

Freestyle
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Lottie Abbott
The Power of The Sims

The best thing about The Sims? All the power at your finger tips...
Spoiler:
[Freestyle]

The power to turn supernatural, and all the additional power that comes with the different paranormal lifestates...

[Full Body]

The power to design and build your own little town, and the power to tear it down and build it over and over again...

[Headshot]

The power to download all the clutter you want. All of it. Every last piece of clutter, until your laptop is begging you to stop. Please. No more clutter.

Except, you don't listen. The siren song of new custom content to download is just too powerful.
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

Posey Toth
Why We Come Back

For all of us, The Sims is something we can't seem to rid ourselves of. Not that we want to, per say. However, every time we boot up our computers, something keeps bringing us back to the franchise we hold so dear.
Spoiler:
{Headshot}
When we create a sim, we open them to a world of choice. Unfolding before us is a million paths to take, all leading to different outcomes. Do we follow the picket fence to a life of legacy and family? Or do we follow the dark cobblestones to the path of power, lust, and magic? Or is there something else? A path not seen?

{Freestyle}
And for most of us, there is a need for our Sims to look the part of perfection. We search endlessly for the right look, CC or no, to make our sims look like...well...themselves! It can be long and arduous. Spending hours scrolling through blogs and sites looking for that one skirt you swore you saw two years ago and it will drive you up the blasted wall if you don't find it.

{Fullbody}
There is also a darker side to simmers and out love for the game. We are usually kind and loving, doting on our sims as we would our real friends. However, a small piece of each of us experiences the schadenfreude of our sims misery. Up and down, we will swear that we care for our pixel people. But on our tougher days, small perverse chuckles are taken at their expense.

But...it's not like weird or anything...ya know?
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"

Return to “BTNM Archive”