Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

BNTM Season 12 - Round 1: HOBBIES

Post by Thaitanic »

BNTM Season 12 - Round 1: HOBBIES

Welcome to Round 1 of Season 12 - thanks everyone who's signed up. I'm really excited, and hope you are too!

Round 1 Details
Requirements & information for round 1: Your model's been commissioned for hobby magazines! Show us your model taking part in any hobby of your choice, and feel free to mix and match the hobbies in each shot!
  • 1 head shot of your model
    1 full body shot of your model
    1 freestyle photo
Photo editing is allowed
Be creative with our broad themes. Surprise us!

Judging will be based on
  • Your concept (be creative)
    The scene and background
    Your model position & expression
    Photography (technical details)
    Following the round rules
Just as a side note: we won't offer judging or feedback for the intro round, but if you're a tad nervous or new to BNTM, send me a PM and I'll give you an overview and some feedback to use in this round! ;)

Deadline: 29th January 2018
call me Thai!
they/them
dbars107
United States of America

Re: BNTM Season 12 - Round 1: HOBBIES

Post by dbars107 »

Upon receiving the news that Hobby Sims Weekly wanted to use her for the cover of their latest edition; Carly was excited to meet the photo crew and get started! There was only one problem... taking care of younger siblings isn't technically called a hobby, and the only drink she can mix is the Ultimate Vampire Cure... so it was time to try her hand at some fun activities and the crew just hoped they could get some nice shots while they followed her around.
Spoiler:
head shot
First up - fishing. While Carly looked adorable with a pole in her hands she wasn't very good. By the time she managed to catch a minnow the crew was bored, tired, hungry, and desperately in need of a toilet!

full body
Next they thought she might be able to bust a move on the dance floor, so they recruited her fiance as backup and headed out. The boogie-woogie went over surprisingly well...but you can only do the boogie-woogie so many times before it's not as cute as it was the first time.

freestyle
That's when they discovered that Carly was pretty good at bowling! By the end of her first game she was throwing strikes like a pro! That's how Hobby Sims Weekly ended up featuring bowling that week with Carly starring on the front page!
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

Victoria Lockwood aka The Billionaire Bombshell let Sim!Fitness Magazine into her home over the weekend for an up close and personal insight into her activities.
Spoiler:
Head Shot

We all were witness to the more calm and serene look of Miss Lockwood.

Full Body

After the recent deaths of her parents, Victoria, has gone into seclusion and has taken up yoga.

Freestyle

We were all surprised when she let us follow her to a tiny karaoke bar in the Spice District where she killed it behind the mic! After the weekend with young Victoria, we left wondering what she would be up to next and for once we did not think it would be a drunken scandal with the soccer team again.
jcampbell
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by jcampbell »

Ember's manager called her up and told her about the great opportunity that Hobby magazine had offered.
Ember having many different hobbies was more than willing to let them into her home for a day.
Spoiler:
One of Ember's passions is baking artisan bread.
"Kneading a batch of bread dough for 10/15 minutes will sure take away a lot of frustration and negative feeling."
Headshot

With all the bread Ember eats, it's no wonder why her next hobby is jogging.
"Not only does it help keep me in shape, it's great for releasing stress."
Freestyle

Ember likes to unwind in the evening's at her easel.
"Painting allows me to express my feelings and emotions without words."
Full body
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

In order to bolster interest in the less popular departments, Simdale University is publishing pieces on the departments most attractive interesting students and their hobbies. Our piece today is:
Posey Toth: Science!
Spoiler:
{Freestyle}
"While I'm not usually wearing...this, one my passions, both in and out of the lab, is the ethology of small animals! The collection and study of small(live! because science is not murder!) animals is a vast and often untapped field. I have spent hours in front of the library just watching the behavior patterns of squirrels. They're fascinating! Truly!

Although I did get in a minor physical altercation with a fellow student trying to feed one of the poor creatures a toaster pastry. He ended up with a black eye and I took the poor guy to a fellow student's house, where Bucky is now living out his days without the threat of high sugar treats!

{Headshot}

While my true passion is Biology, I can't help but tinker with Chemistry. To get a real understanding of the ways of nature, you must also understand the way chemicals and elements react with one another.

And it may or may not be fun to mix a few choice concoctions to throw in bonfires when I'm dragged to frat parties. As long as I don't set another pledge on fire, no one cares.

{Full Body}

But, if I'm being honest about myself, I don't really have many "hobbies". Science and study is my life. Where most people find pleasures in relaxation, I am happiest when I'm working on my studies. The beauties of the world, be it chemical reactions or the feeding patterns of grey squirrels, are enough to keep me happy. So, if you need me, I'll be in the library studying the mating habits of hedgehogs."
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
DSLady
Steam ID: dslady13
Ireland

Post Counts

Post by DSLady »

Madison Spencer
Spoiler:
Many people know Madison Spencer as the "Pop Princess", with her bubblegum pink hair and her catchy songs, but few people know her from her country origins. Even fewer people know the girl behind the glitter,  however, and that's what we here at SimWeekly are here to discover; who is Madison Spencer, and what makes her tick? 

We met her at her modest apartment, crammed full of music equipment and hair dye - but not a speck of glitter in sight! Sporting the two coloured hair that has quickly become her trademark since leaving her label (a blue/black and a bright colour of her choice!), Madison seems to be a world away from the glammed up singer we've all come to know.

"Does dying my hair count as a hobby?" She asks with a laugh, when we comment on it. "No? Didn't think so."

[Headshot]
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin...
"If hair dyeing is out, then I'll have to go with gaming. It's been something I've always loved, and something I managed to do around my label's insane schedule." She says, rolling her eyes. "I'm massively hooked on Skyrim right now; I keep staying up until about 2am before finally putting it away. It's not exactly healthy, but I can't help myself!"

[Freestyle]
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past, you must fight just to keep them alive...
"Speaking of healthy, another of my hobbies is definitely being in the gym! I spend a lot of time there these days, trying to build my strength back up. I didn't have much time to do that while under my previous label," Madison says, with a laugh that has a bitter edge to it, "So I'm really enjoying the chance to get back out there. I've always loved being sporty - I was massively into football as a kid. I was quite good at it, too!"

[Fullbody]
It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right...
When asked if her singing would count as her third hobby, Madison smiles and shakes her head.

"Oh, singing was never my passion," She tells us, with a wry smile, "It's always been about the guitar for me, and nothing else. Don't get me wrong, I do love singing, which is why I've always been a solo artist, but the guitar is my truest love. I've always played; I just love the connection you feel between yourself and the strings, and the way you can make something that looks so beautiful sound so beautiful, too." She pauses, and her eyes take on the far away glaze of someone lost in a memory. "I'm not sure if it counts as a hobby because it's also my job, but I don't know where I'd be without my music. It's as much part of me as breathing."
The Gordon Legacy - Complete?
The Hot Ladies Association - Liv's Adventures in TS4
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

Charlie Haines
Spoiler:
Headshot

When she's not working out her muscles in the gym, Charlie likes to give her brain a work out by practicing her chess game. Sooner or later, she'll be good enough to beat Old Man Smith at the park!

Full Body

Charlie also likes to make sure that she spends time with her friends, so you can often find them in a club of some sort and tearing up that dance floor!

Freestyle

While Charlie lives a pretty busy life, she always makes sure to get the proper nutrition that she needs. So she's become a pretty gifted Chef and you can always find something healthy and yummy in her refrigerator!

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Lottie Abbott
Modelling for Au Natural magazine

Au Natural is the hobby magazine for sims who crave the outdoors, at any hour! Looking for the perfect way to spend a summer day?
Spoiler:
[Full Body]

Start your day off with a healthy dose of vitamin C and D by tending to your garden...

[Freestyle]

Brush up on your fishing skills by taking a trip to your local pond...

[Headshot]

And then enjoy the natural light of a few fireflies at night...

Return to “BTNM Archive”