Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

HALLOWEEN 2017: PICTURE, QUOTE, LYRIC!

Post by Thaitanic »

:alien: HALLOWEEN 2017: PICTURE, QUOTE, LYRIC! :alien:

Boolprop is a home for writers, so why not have a writing challenge to celebrate Halloween? ;) In the spoilers below are some inspiration for this special one-round challenge - one picture, one quote, one lyric. You can take inspiration from one, two, or all three and share with us a quick short story, a poem, a sims chapter - anything! We'll put the submissions to a member vote and the winner will get a Winner's Choice medal :party: Plus, entering anything onto this thread counts as one of the 3 events you need for your Halloween 2017 medal!

PICTURE
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
"To a new world of gods and monsters!" - Bride of Frankenstein (1935)
LYRIC
Spoiler:
Participating in at least 3 events will earn you a Halloween 2017 medal. Image
PM a Image or Image with links to your three posts to claim it!
call me Thai!
they/them
jcampbell
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: HALLOWEEN 2017: PICTURE, QUOTE, LYRIC!

Post by jcampbell »

Here is a poem I wrote.
Enjoy :toast:
Spoiler:
Dark Dream

I always wondered what it would be like to be human,
To leave the shadows and walk among them in the light.
This has become something that I bare as a burden.
How can one live like this for eternity; never have I
Been able to share this thought with another, I’m lonely.

I watch them move in pairs or groups, never seeming lonely
But lonely they must be from time to time. They are human
And cannot forever be together as night creeps in and steals
The light. I saw a man once hovering over his child weeping.
I knew that the night stole his child, a burden I don’t know
My only children are in my dream.

I’m standing in a field, face up to the sky soaking
In the sun. A dream that occurs repeatedly but I
Awake to the night lonely. I crouch in the shadows
Of the night with hunger upon me. I try not to ease
It often because watching human eyes lose their light
Has become an awful sight to see. It makes me fear
Being human.

I saw a man once hovering over his child weeping, that
Child I knew from a life I dare not think about. It is a
Burden to my thoughts. I remember now that the lost
Child makes me lonely, darkness was not always
My companion, I once lived in the light. It’s a past life
That I see when I close my eyes to the light and dream.
Of a life that was stolen away by the fragility of being human.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: HALLOWEEN 2017: PICTURE, QUOTE, LYRIC!

Post by Ani-Mei »

I based my story on the picture:
Spoiler:
Boolprop Halloween 2017 Picture, Quote, Lyric Story:
The Rise of Sam Hein
I’ve spent my whole life in search of the place where Sam Hein will rise again. After years of following conflicting leads and unreliable sources, I have finally found where he will rise. On All Hallow’s Eve beginning at sunset the first signs of his return present themselves. I see an influx of black cats that seemingly appear from nowhere and the cats are all going to the same place. As I follow the cats, the air around me begins to feel heavy; like I am walking through a dense soup. The black cats are barely visible beneath the shifting fog on the ground; if not for their tails sticking up I would surely lose track of them. The forest darkens as I go deeper into it and the cats make small meows and some growls as they continue on towards the center of the forest. Then I hear the sound of wings overhead I look up and see several dark shapes above me and the cats, I hear some squeaks which tell me that they are bats. All sound seems to cease as I follow until I hear the something; it sounds like chanting. I quiet my footsteps and slow my pace as the clearing at the end of the path begins to show. The black cats and bats have all formed a semi-circle around a large bonfire.

I see figures in front of the fire, all wearing heavy cloaks and pumpkin masks. They add something to the fire making the flames grow higher and more intense; I detect a faint smell emanating from the fire like patchouli. It’s making my head feel light. In the intensity of the fire light I see that the ground is littered with pumpkins; maybe it’s the smell of whatever the people are putting into the fire but I could swear that those pumpkins were moving, swaying along with the rhythmic chanting. And then a cloud passes over the full moon; making the forest clearing look darker around the bonfire and when the cloud passes, I see before me the large, lanky figure of Sam Hein standing in front of the fire. His head is a jack-o-lantern and glows with an unnatural light from within. The chanters keep going and have now started to move in a circle around him. The pumpkins on the ground begin to turn in place and I lean heavily on my walking stick; the air feels so dense and cold like the life is being sucked out of me. The blackness begins to swirl around my head and the bonfire blends into a mass of yellow and orange light.

Sam Hein turns in my direction; his pumpkin head is now in sharp focus in front of my eyes. The chanters have stopped circling him and are now facing me as well. I hear a scraping sound around my feet and the wind brings a cold chill to my neck. The leafless trees creak and groan as I see the figure of Sam Hein drift towards me, the scraping noise is the sound of the pumpkins on the ground; they are clearing a path for Sam Hein as he comes closer. The glowing eyes of the black cats can be seen from the shadows around me. I look up; my senses are still enthralled with the smell of patchouli.

“I see our sacrifice has found usss…”Sam Hein says; his voice is like dry leaves on the ground.

This can’t be the end for me; this can’t be the way I die…there has to be a way out of this. Why did I not tell anyone where I was going? Will they even find my body?

“Oh don’t worry; you won’t be forgotten…” Sam Hein replies, as if he heard my thoughts.

The last thing I remember was everything going black and the sensation I was falling, or shrinking. I didn’t know what was happening to me. I felt like I was swimming in a dark pond, I could feel the coolness of the water over my skin and in my hair. It was almost tranquil in its simplicity, I began to relax and let the water carry me.

Then the water feeling disappeared and I was awake again; but things looked different. I couldn’t see any colours, only shades of black and white. I could still hear the chanting people so I followed the sound of the voices. I saw the bonfire again, only it looked a lot larger than it did before. The sky above was beginning to cloud over again and the chanting slowed until it stopped. Sam Hein was gone and the chanters had begun to disperse. One of them stopped to look at me, their mask was off and I could see the face of a young woman. She smiled at me.

“Time to go home now.” She said to me.

And then she bent down and picked me up; I was surprised that she could lift me, and then I found out why she could…

“Until tomorrow night my little feline friend; Sam Hein will return.” She said to me.

All I could utter was a meow as she carried me out of the clearing.

THE END

Return to “Halloween Archive”