What's Happening in Your TS3 Legacy? Chat

somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Re: What's Happening in Your TS3 Legacy? Chat

Post by somebodysangel »

I don't edit much, just a batch sharpen+resize, sometimes lighten it if it's night or badly lit. But even that takes far longer than I'd like.

Echo, that disappearing comment thing has happened to me before! Mainly with one or two blogs, and it's an ongoing issue with one blog. Seems to be some kind of IP conflict, since logging onto the same account using a different computer works fine. I'd be asking WP admin, if I were you, since it's multiple blogs you're having issues with.
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
Echoweaver
Origin ID: Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

I finally figured out what my problem was -- or at least I did something that stopped it. I had third party cookies turned off on my browser, and apparently when you leave a comment on a self-hosted WordPress blog, the login requires a WordPress.com cookie, which would be a third party.

OK, fine, I can sort of see that -- but why did it work fine until this week??

It was very hard to find a WP forum post on this, especially since it seems like it would be a common problem. There were a bajillion posts saying, "Nobody can comment on my blog!" and almost no posts on, "I can't comment on other people's blogs!"
______________________________________________________________________________________
Waypoint: Nothing Is Free
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

It's probably obvious, but I don't edit my pictures at all! :cover: I don't have time for that. I'd rather have my Sims be silly than my game and pictures looking perfect - not that I could get the game looking perfect on my old man laptop. I actually really enjoy reading about everyone's posting processes! I guess that makes me weird, but I like seeing all the similarities and differences we have in posting styles.

I sadly don't think I'll be able to post another Scatterday chapter until the weekend. I am super busy at work and I'm getting really burnt out with typing when I have to type things all day long. (Though apparently typing now is fine?! I don't know!) I will probably be able to funny on Saturday. Maybe.

On a similar note, I am LOVING what Sam has done with the Maitlands so far! She just posted a new chapter and I already read and commented on it, instead of reading and commenting on all the other things I need to catch up with! I do have to pay attention, because I'll be doing Generation Two, but I still feel like a dork.
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
Voguishstorm

Post Counts

Post by Voguishstorm »

Oh I used to edit my pictures. Then I gave up because cropping them to the same size without cropping something from the original picture was a pain. I'd rather have some pictures with lots of empty space than some of them with missing parts. And I don't post often enough. Or rather not on a constant enough basis. I need to catch up on so much stuff too, but I have so many other things (not sims related) to do.

I'm curious about people's ways of promoting their legacies except for Boolprop of course. I mean you guys certainly don't get that many readers just from here? XD

And I have to agree, the Maitlands is off to a very good start in Sam's hands.
ImageImageImage
Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

Honestly, if all of us in this conversation read the blogs of the folks in this conversation, we'd all have a good number of readers :).

My reader acquisition goes up and down, but I find that building community and reading other people's blogs and commenting is the best thing I can do.

I have yours in my queue, but I'm behind :-p.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Voguishstorm

Post Counts

Post by Voguishstorm »

How convenient that I have yours in mine too. XD I was already behind on so much and then decided to be active on Boolprop and find so much more to read.

On another note, I completed, for now, my legacy's complete family tree. You know when you realize they're connected to almost everyone in town and this is just 3-4th generations in. They'll end up a bunch of inbreds if I don't keep them in check. o.O
ImageImageImage
Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

BTW: I am STILL having problems with my comments posting. I thought I had it fixed, but I just discovered that probably a half-dozen comments to the Scatterdays didn't post. Web searching indicates that I might have gotten flagged as spam somehow by the WordPress plugin in charge of commet filtering. Emily, could you check your spam can and see if there's a bunch of stuff by me? And if so unspam it?

EDIT: I have contacted Akismet to see if I can solve the problem at its source. If I understand the garbled stuff I'm finding on Wordpress support, Akismet judges comments centrally. So if my account has been flagged as a spam account, all my comments are going to get flagged that way. One way that could happen is that a bunch of you flagged my comments as spam, which my fragile ego shall assume is not the case. There seem to be several other ways that it could happen, including just that Akismet tweaked its algorithms.

EDIT2: From Akismet. (She's right -- I am really frustrated.)

Hi Susan,

That must be frustrating!

Please have your friends report you as not spam. They can do this via Comment Management in their WordPress Dashboard by hovering over the comment with their mouse and then clicking “Not Spam” or “Spam”. The effect of doing this is two-fold:

a) It will help Akismet learn and make the right decision next time. Usually after correcting Akismet’s decision in this way the user will notice an improvement over the next day or two.

b) It will send reports through to us of the problem and someone with MIN access can take a look to see whether any adjustments are required at our end.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know :)

Cheers!

--
Chrissie P. - Happiness Engineer
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

AH WHAT IS HAPPENING

Echo half of your comments are "spam" and then there are like four more that aren't spam according to Wordpress? I just got home from work and the gym so I'll go back and approve them now, but why is this happening?! C'mon, Wordpress!

Voguishstorm, I'll have to add your legacy to my list of legacies to read, but may be a while until I get to it. (I also have to read the Samples, then the Gordons, then the Rourke EPIC...I seriously need to make a to-read list so I don't forget anybody!)

More actual legacy discussion: I may work on Chapter 5.3 tonight...or I may boot up the game and mess around with something for Let's Build It. It all depends on what I feel like doing after dinner.

EDIT: I approved all your comments, Echo. Still no idea why Wordpress thought they were spam. :evil: I'll respond after I eat some dinner! (To anyone else who commented on 5.2, I'll respond to you at the same time! :D )
Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

Sam had to despam my comments too, along with two other blogs not on this thread. I have been trying to search through the support forums for SOME clue what's going on, and it's been really difficult to find this problem in the flood of similar-keyword threads of the flavor, "Nobody can post comments to my blog!" which is a configuration problem on the blogger's part.

I finally discovered that accounts can get misflagged by Akismet, the company that runs the spam algorithms for WordPress. I went a couple of rounds with them in email. At first, they blew me off, but to their credit, they actually went and looked after I said I'd had friends despamming my comments for days. They think they fixed it, and I successfully commented to your blog!!

So it might, maybe be fixed now. Let's see if I can keep posting!
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

Echo, you should be able to post comments again! I had to reapprove you as a commenter, but I think it should stick now. Let me know if you have any other commenting issues and I'll see if I can fix it!
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

Argh, that would be so frustrating, Echo. I haven't seen any spam comments misflagged, but do check fairly frequently, so hopefully nothing gets missed.

I really need to stop playing so far ahead; now up to choosing an heir in both my legacies, and have to catch up on posting to allow the readers to choose. But I also have time to play now, so going to do some building; new house coming for gen 7 of the Rourkes!
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

I had a bit of game-loading scare a couple of days ago! One of my for fun and messing around saves refused to load (the save I used to make Radax, actually) and I thought that either my game was dead or that my computer was refusing to load Sims 3 anymore! Luckily everything was fine after I cleared my various game and world caches, and I loaded the Scatterdays to make sure they were still playable. Everyone is fine! I managed to grab everyone I'm missing for download, except Manfred, because I'm a doofus and forgot about him. I'm not sure I'll be able to load my game tonight, but I may be able to grab him sometime tomorrow. I should also be able to work on Chapter 5.3 tomorrow!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

My Blue gen kids are teens and the spouse hunting for Indigo generation can begin. Unfortunately I have to write the chapters up BEFORE I get too far ahead and finish off my Rainbowcy already which I am likely to do if I don't stop myself. But May 2-4 Long is soo tempting to play through (for us Canadians anyway) and next weekend is Anime North so that's most of my Saturday. Not that it matters since I have no life...but still.
Blamsart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: 76561198311960642
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Blamsart »

Heellloooo

I'm trying to take some very serious pictures between my sims and I keep having horse behinds appearing from the walls because the horses can't stay still and behave T_T
So that's what's happening in my legacy haha

Is this a good enough ticket to join this thread? :P

I recognize some of you! (okay just somebodysangel from my ISBI. Hiiiii!) But most of you I've never seen before, which is awesome because I can add some more stuff to read on my list. But then again my list is humongus right now so maybe not the best lol.

I seem to be in a bit of a random talking mood, but I just wanted to drop by, say hi, and ask if its totally okay if I drop by from time to time to rant out some of the weird stuff my sims are doing to make my life some weird kind of hell and check up on what everyone is doing.

So hi :wave:
The Pasta Legacy
TS4 Legacy

Idiot+Insane+Crazy = Idanezy
An ISBI that is both Alphabetacy and Whishacy
help me

Image Image
Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

Welcome! I'll put your blog on my reading list! I'm catching up slooowly. :)

Your horse-behind photobombs make for a great mental picture.
Blamsart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Blamsart »

Yours is too, your ISBI that is. Which is absolutely fantastic, my ISBI to read list was getting small!

Are you still working on your Waypoint one? Looks like it hasn't updated since 2014
The Pasta Legacy
TS4 Legacy

help me

Image Image
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

Man, I have had NO TIME for Sims stuff over the past few weeks. I'm transitioning to working the night shift, so I've been trying to see friends during normal people hours and trying to reset my sleep schedule. As it is currently 10:40 am where I am, you can see how well terribly this is going. Basically, I've been exhausted and semi-awake since Friday. I cannot write silliness when I am semi-awake, and retaining information has also been a challenge, so...no writing chapters or responding to comments (Voguishstorm, I need to approve and reply to all your comments on my blog) or reading other Sims stories for me, until I can write things coherently. :sleepy:
Blamsart wrote: I'm trying to take some very serious pictures between my sims and I keep having horse behinds appearing from the walls because the horses can't stay still and behave T_T
So that's what's happening in my legacy haha
This is exactly why I could never write a ~serious~ Sims story. I'll try to create drama, and one of my goobers will ruin everything by peeing their pants or digging through the neighbours' trash. I am seriously giggling picturing horse butts photobombing everything. Also, welcome to the thread!
Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

Emily Whalers wrote:Man, I have had NO TIME for Sims stuff over the past few weeks. I'm transitioning to working the night shift
Wow. I can only imagine how difficult that would be. I can barely get enough sleep on a "normal" schedule.
Emily Whalers wrote:This is exactly why I could never write a ~serious~ Sims story. I'll try to create drama, and one of my goobers will ruin everything by peeing their pants or digging through the neighbours' trash. I am seriously giggling picturing horse butts photobombing everything. Also, welcome to the thread!
Heh. I think it's a waste not to use the wonderful humor the game generates. When I'm not writing comedy outright, I go for "quirky" and try to use all but the most absurd glitches in the story.
Blamsart wrote:Yours is too, your ISBI that is. Which is absolutely fantastic, my ISBI to read list was getting small!
I see you have an ISBI too! I love ISBIs. I just laid out three posts for the Wonderlands, so you should be seeing something from them shortly. I really want to get back to reading, but it's been hard to find time.
Blamsart wrote:Are you still working on your Waypoint one? Looks like it hasn't updated since 2014
I love that challenge. I have the save files safely tucked away, and I intend to come back to it. I just couldn't manage three at the same time.
Blamsart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Blamsart »

Hey guys, tried "disable needs" on my mailbox today and it didn't work. Turns out the cheat only works in Sims :P
Emily Whalers wrote:I cannot write silliness when I am semi-awake, and retaining information has also been a challenge, so...no writing chapters or responding to comments (Voguishstorm, I need to approve and reply to all your comments on my blog) or reading other Sims stories for me, until I can write things coherently. :sleepy:
Shucks, good luck to you.
It's kind of funny to me, cause I can only write siliness when I'm half asleep. It's when the weirdest stuff comes out of my brain.
Emily Whalers wrote:This is exactly why I could never write a ~serious~ Sims story. I'll try to create drama, and one of my goobers will ruin everything by peeing their pants or digging through the neighbours' trash. I am seriously giggling picturing horse butts photobombing everything. Also, welcome to the thread!
I'm a control freak when it comes to my serious story. Needs are always disabled, and free will is always in the negative! (Because when free will comes on weird stuff starts to happen. The most interesting one was when all my 28 sims came together in this small room to have some kind of reading session?)
I can't help myself personally, I need to write angst and drama somewhere or else my mental stability suffers. Basically, I'm a fictional bully.
Thanks for the welcome!
I'm putting you down on my reading list too. I don't know when I'll get to it...but when you suddenly get a Like spam that'll be me. (Won't spam you till you get back on your feet though :P)
Echoweaver wrote:I see you have an ISBI too! I love ISBIs. I just laid out three posts for the Wonderlands, so you should be seeing something from them shortly. I really want to get back to reading, but it's been hard to find time.
Yeah I do! I'm not as strict on personal deadlines for that one (My serious story has an obligatory 'chapter every two weeks' minimum, and I've only broken that once! But that was out of my control, had to get my computer repaired and I got it back two weeks and a day later.) My ISBI is my crazy filter. Also happens to be the one save that hates me the most??
Echoweaver wrote:I love that challenge. I have the save files safely tucked away, and I intend to come back to it. I just couldn't manage three at the same time.
Three? OH *notices the double banner in your signature* Where is my mind *adds second one to reading list*
But yeah, managing three without good updates would be harsh. Are you planning on picking it up again once you finish one of the other two?
The Pasta Legacy
TS4 Legacy

help me

Image Image
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

Blamsart wrote:It's kind of funny to me, cause I can only write siliness when I'm half asleep. It's when the weirdest stuff comes out of my brain.
I love getting into that brain phase when weird stuff just happens. I was sadly too exhausted for that and well past that stage, but my shift today went better than expected! I'm going to try sleeping in an hour or so, and I might be back to normal if all goes well!
Blamsart wrote:I'm a control freak when it comes to my serious story. Needs are always disabled, and free will is always in the negative! (Because when free will comes on weird stuff starts to happen. The most interesting one was when all my 28 sims came together in this small room to have some kind of reading session?)
I can't help myself personally, I need to write angst and drama somewhere or else my mental stability suffers. Basically, I'm a fictional bully.
Thanks for the welcome!
I'm putting you down on my reading list too. I don't know when I'll get to it...but when you suddenly get a Like spam that'll be me. (Won't spam you till you get back on your feet though :P)
I understand needing to be a control freak if you're writing a serious story. I'm actually the complete opposite when it comes to writing - I need to write silly stuff now and then or else I'll go insane! Also, feel free to Like spam any time - it just may be a while before I reply to any comments right now. ;)
Echoweaver wrote:I love that challenge. I have the save files safely tucked away, and I intend to come back to it. I just couldn't manage three at the same time.
I just want to say that you're like some kind of Sims Superwoman for attempting to publish three challenges at once. I can barely manage one! I tried to start a Name Game challenge too, but that did not go well. Turns out Matthew Hamming thinks my Simself is "weird" and "a stalker" because he was the only guy she heartfarted during two weeks in Bridgeport. (Clearly I need to make my boyfriend's Simself so that my Simself will have a suitable partner.)

Return to “Sims 3 Chat”