Name Game Challenge for TS4

cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Name Game Challenge for TS4

Post by cynicalbadger »

I am not the creator of this challenge. I am simply adapting it for gameplay in TS4. Original creator is cynicalbadger, and all thanks go to her. This is the challenge I've had the most fun with, and therefore I wanted to be able to play in TS4.

Game-Play

You start with a founder (doy) and use the letters of that name to name his/her children, the founder will be destined to have as many children as letters in the name.
Example: Say you had a founder named Rose, Rose is destined to have 4 pregnancies (twins will start with the same letter). So Rose would mother Generation 2 who in this example might be named: Rick, Oscar, Sarah and Eric. Then whoever was picked for heir, the same would happen again. So for Example; Oscar would father Generation3: Opal, Sinbad, Cybil, Albus and Raine.

The way names work, the majority of them are more than 3 letters long and you can do an extra challenge by using really long names like Lorenzo Von Matterhorn if that's what you want to do. In the same breath there is no name (that I can think of anyway) that encompasses all 26 letters so it is different to the 26 pregnancy type challenges as it is essential for the challenge to spread over several generations.

- Founder can be male or female, and can move into any size lot or pre-made home.
- No cheating, mods allowed (enough said)
- Sex of the children can be determined through use of carrots and strawberries, twins and triplets can be gained through the fertility treatment aspiration reward or any IN-GAME method of achieving mutltiple births.
- There can only be one heir, male or female, to carry on the game. You can either leave this up to the public with a vote OR chose the heir yourself based on which name will bring in new letters to your game.
- All children must live with the heir until at least YA when they can be kicked out.

The challenge is trying to have a child beginning with every letter (including spares) so planning is needed.
Example (same as above): By Generation 3
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P QR S T U V W X Y Z = 6/26
Meaning B D F G H I J K L M N P Q T U V W X Y Z are still needed meaning at least another 20 pregnancies before ending the challenge
The Challenge ends when you can strike out all 26 letters at the end of the generation, so don't stop mid-name and continue till that generations youngest is a YA.

Play For Points

Now, I am a huge fan of playing for points, so I have devised a scheme to gain points, but if you just want to play for fun then just play for fun. The points aspect is a work in progress so if people feel that something needs to be added or taken away please comment.
Spoiler:
The fairest way I thought of doing this is by using scrabble points so for each child born give yourself the following points dependent on their initial:

A: 1 point
B: 3 points
C: 3 points
D: 2 points
E: 1 point
F: 4 points
G: 2 points
H: 4 points
I: 1 point
J: 8 points
K: 5 points
L: 1 point
M: 3 points
N: 1 point
O: 1 point
P: 3 points
Q: 10 points
R: 1 point
S: 1 point
T: 1 point
U: 1 point
V: 4 points
W: 4 points
X: 8 points
Y: 4 points
Z: 10 points

So Rose's children would earn her: 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 4 points
Oscar's children would earn points: 1 + 1 + 3 + 1 + 1 = 7 points
Rose herself earns no initial points as founder (unless the found is your simself, see below). So you can start with a founder named Quebec but only the child born will earn the big scoring Q points.

In the case of multi-births more points can be awarded; if Rose had triplets on the letter E then she would gain 3 points instead of one. If used strategically, twins can earn a maximum of 20 points and triplets can earn a maximum of 30 points

On the final generation when you are about to complete the challenge do not stop mid name, children born after completing all 26 letters still count towards points. Example:

You only need the letter I to complete the challenge and the name of the heir is Zia; Zia must have all three children but the challenge must end on the birthday of baby A becoming a YA. You can continue if you wish or do whatever with the children afterwards.

On completing the challenge you can award yourself points based on how many generations it took (founding generation is classed as generation 1)
Spoiler:
I completed this in X Generations, I must then award myself N points

Five Generations: 22 points
Six Generations: 21 points
Seven Generations: 20 points
Eight Generations: 19 points
Nine Generations: 18 points
Ten Generations: 17 points
Eleven Generations: 16 points
Twelve Generations: 15 points
Thirteen Generations: 14 points
Fourteen Generations: 13 points
Fifteen Generations: 12 points
Sixteen Generations: 11 points
Seventeen Generations: 10 points
Eighteen Generations: 9 points
Nineteen Generations: 8 points
Twenty Generations: 7 points
Twenty One Generations: 6 points
Twenty Two Generations: 5 points
Twenty Three Generations: 4 points
Twenty Four Generations: 3 points
Twenty Five Generations: 2 points
Twenty Six + Over Generations: 1 point
Extra Challenges

Although there are a lot of points to play for, why stop there? These extra challenges give you the opportunity to score high. I am a bit of a point nut so there is a lot to gain.

Top of My Career: +1 point for every sim (Founder/Spouse + Lettered children only, no roomies) that reaches the top of their career. +4 points for every unique career topped. So it works that if you make every sim go into a different career and they top it, it's basically +5 points per sim.

A Lifetime of Aspiring: +1 point for every sim (Founder/Spouse + Lettered children only, no roomies) that reaches their Aspiration. +4 points for every unique Aspiration completed. So it works that if every sim has a different Aspiration and they complete it, it's basically +5 points per sim. Aspirations may not be changed until it is complete. Your sim may complete more than one, however, no switching around. Your spouse must complete whichever one they come to the house with.

Skilled Sims: +1 pt for every maxed skill (Founder/Spouse + Lettered children only, no roomies). +4 pts for uniqueness, so the first time each skill is maxed it will bring 5pts, after that only 1pt each time someone maxes it. Child skills count.

Collections: +1 pt for every collection completed AND displayed somewhere in the house. This includeds the easter eggs going on in April, and the prize that comes when you complete them all.

Paintings: +1pt for every portrait completed (Founder/Spouse + Lettered children only, no roomies). Painting must be on display somewhere in house.

Short Name Challenge
: If you decide to use short names throughout the challenge (2 or 3 letters long) it will take more generations to complete the challenge but not necessarily less points. In any case, if, throughout the challenge, you've only used 2 or 3 letter long names (resulting in only 2 or 3 offspring per generation) award yourself an extra 30 points

If you are wanting to partake in the Short Name Challenge as well as the LVM/AVM (mentioned further below) then it is only acceptable to name the LVM/AVM longer than 3 letters without forfeiting points

The Patriarchy: Simply, all heirs are male. +2 points per generation (so if it takes 10 generations, you earn 20 points for all male heirs)
-Must start with a male founder

The Matriarchy: Simply, all heirs are female. +2 points per generation (so if it takes 10 generations, you earn 20 points for all female heirs)
- Must start with a female founder

If you start as a Patri/Matriarchy but fall off the bandwagon half way through then that is fine. Add the points of the generations completed until that point - Example; if you chose the opposite sex as heir for Generation 8 you will only earn 14 points for the Patri/Matriarchy for the previous 7 generations, all heirs afterwards will not receive the points bonus even if they are the same sex as the founder.

Helicopter Parent:
  • +1 point for EACH toddler skill maxed
    +1 point for the watcher making it through each round of toddlerhood without throwing their computer out of the window (lol)
    -1 point for aging a toddler up early (might be worth the penalty)
    +1 point for every childhood aspiration achieved
    +1 point for every child who gets an A
    +1 point for every teen who gets an A for 3 days
    +1 point for every teen who maxes a teen career
For helicopter parent, the points are not "all or nothing". You achieve the listed points each time one of your children completes a task. Failure to complete a task does not disqualify you from earning additional points somewhere else.

Let The Public Decide
: +5 points per generation that you leave up to the heir poll (10 generations decided through heir polls = 50 points)

The Simself: Using your Simself as founder (not spouse in later generations) will give you a +15 points advantage

Parent of An Occult: +1 point for every sim who is BORN as an occult. Changing into the occult later in life will not earn points, but if that sim then gives birth to an occult, that baby will earn a point.

The Lorenzo Von Matterhorn: (inspired by How I Met Your Mother) when the chance to name an L baby comes up you can name him (use carrots to ensure male) Lorenzo Von Matterhorn / Lorenzo* (or the LVM) - if the LVM is chosen as heir this means having 20 children for this generation which, without twins or triplets, can bring in a sweet 37 points.
- Can not apply to Founder.
- *As this stands I am not 100% sure how long a name you can give a sim, if Lorenzo Von Matterhorn is too long you can always just name the child Lorenzo but have him have 20 children.
- Extra Bonus points for having the children with different mothers: 2 points per mother (chance of 40 points if all mothers are different)

The Arizona Von Matterhorn: (female alternative) when the chance to name an A baby comes up you can name her (use strawberries to ensure female) Arizona Von Matterhorn / Arizona* (or the AVM) - if the AVM is chosen as heir this means having 20 children for this generation which, without twins or triplets, can bring in a sweet 37 points.
- Can not apply to Founder.
- *As this stands I am not 100% sure how long a name you can give a sim, if Arizona Von Matterhorn is too long you can always just name the child Arizona but have her have 20 children.
- Extra Bonus points for having the children with different fathers: 2 points per fathers (chance of 40 points if all fathers are different)

The LVM and AVM can be put into play from Generation 2. It is possible (if you are up for it) to do both on different generations - this may not help you complete the challenge faster but will help bring in more points.
How you decide on the heir is up to yourself, you will not have points taken away for moving older children back in to the house or for using any in-game ways of making the LVM/AVM have a longer lifespan. NO CHEATING is still applied (obviously they can cheat on their spouse if that's what you're into but no fancy testingcheatsenabled cheats)
Last edited by simfulicious on January 16th, 2019, 10:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
simfulicious
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Origin ID: petunia302007

Post Counts

Re: Name Game Challenge for TS4-Updated for Toddlers/Vampire

Post by simfulicious »

With the possibility of a medal being offered for completing Cynicalbadger's Name Game Challenge, I thought I should update the ruleset I posted for TS4. This ruleset really is PRETTY DARN CLOSE to what Fiona (Cynicalbadger) created for TS3...I just basically took out the parts that didn't work for TS4 (ie, you don't influence gender with apples in TS4)
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
Origin ID: Rawla
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Rawla »

I have printed out these rules and will be giving it a try.

Edit to add: Link is in signature. Let's Do This! :))
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Rawla »

Intro and 1st chapter is up.
SarahSims
Origin ID: SarahSimsPage
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by SarahSims »

I'm doing this challenge! Check it out here if you're interested.
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: Name Game Challenge for TS4

Post by Jenn »

I'm doing this challenge too! I have not made a page for it yet though.
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

I'm a sucker for name games so I'm cosidering doing this challenge! I just have a question! is adopting children allowed inside the name-rules or the kids should be exclusively blood-related? I really love adopting but I'm not sure if it's allowed because pregnancies have always the risk of multiples but adopting does not xD
Hollywood3015
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Hollywood3015 »

Salem wrote:I'm a sucker for name games so I'm cosidering doing this challenge! I just have a question! is adopting children allowed inside the name-rules or the kids should be exclusively blood-related? I really love adopting but I'm not sure if it's allowed because pregnancies have always the risk of multiples but adopting does not xD
Only thing with adopting is a child being names the right letter

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Salem
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: Salemsvartulv
Origin ID: Ginnynena
Mexico

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Salem »

Thanks! Good to know, I'll make sure to share a link once I get to start the challenge :D
Kwolf
Steam ID: Kwolf

Post Counts

Post by Kwolf »

I'm doing this one too. :highfive:
Kwolf
Steam ID: Kwolf

Post Counts

Post by Kwolf »

I had one of my teen girls get a best friend and then marry them, move out and she's pregnant with first child. That will be my fun twist if I want a teen out of the Name home. It involves lots of work to do.
Ccltnssm

Post by Ccltnssm »

Hi, my first time on this forum and I came across this challenge :bounce: . I was interested in this challenge but I had a question about when it says only "founder/spouse and letter children". Does spouse only refer to the spouse of the original founder or does this apply to the spouses of the following heirs? Like if my founder's spouse was John and the Gen. 1 spouse was Fred, would only John count under the "/spouse" or does both Fred and John count under the "spouse" title. And if Fred and John both count does the spouses of the spares (non-heir letter children) count if they are in the main household?

Sorry if this too many questions are if these questions were answered and I didn't see it ^^
Thanks in advance :spin:
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

The spouse of the founder doesn't really count for anything to except make babies, or other spouses just the heirs who carries the letters that you are trying to use. If that makes sense. I.e founder Jenny spouse William. Gen 2 Heir Jill spouse Keeley (is that easy to understand) Non heir letter children do not count. :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

FEBRUARY
GOLDEN PLUMBOB

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

Ccltnssm wrote:Hi, my first time on this forum and I came across this challenge :bounce: . I was interested in this challenge but I had a question about when it says only "founder/spouse and letter children". Does spouse only refer to the spouse of the original founder or does this apply to the spouses of the following heirs? Like if my founder's spouse was John and the Gen. 1 spouse was Fred, would only John count under the "/spouse" or does both Fred and John count under the "spouse" title. And if Fred and John both count does the spouses of the spares (non-heir letter children) count if they are in the main household?

Sorry if this too many questions are if these questions were answered and I didn't see it ^^
Thanks in advance :spin:
Answer might differ based on which rule or point category you are looking at. What area are you looking at?
Mionax
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Mionax »

^^
Spoiler:

'Angelic' Xamuel
[align=center]Image
Mionax's GBOC

Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image[/align]
Mionax
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob

Post Counts

Post by Mionax »

I have completed this challenge. You can see the final score here.
[align=center]Image
Mionax's GBOC

Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image[/align]
Rawla
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts