United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Re: The "Officially"Wacky Boolprop Challenge TS3

Post by Jenn »

Sounds great to me! I love alchemy, so it will be fun to do. Thanks for making this change!
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

Hello!

Firstly I would like to apologize for posting on an old thread. However, I fear I may need some advice or just some clarification on something. I fear that the Zanes(my family) may need to move to a new town. You say any means necessary to save the game, however one rule states you have to stay on the same lot. Starlight Shores is slowly going up in flames and the Zanes my need to flee. Is this part of saving my save or do I need to take a point penalty?
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I would say that the impending implosion of a neighbourhood is not a reason to lose points. You're only saving your family and after playing a multi-generation Sims 3 challenge myself I've had to move them 10 times just to make sure they survive.
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

If that is indeed true, I may ride out the next few sims days and then move them to a town that works better on my PC. Some of them work a bit better on my PC than others. i'll just have to figure out which one. Thanks so much Ani-Mei!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Sure thing, I find that the simpler towns like Riverview or Hidden Springs cause less issues than say Isla Paradiso and Bridgeport. Those two never work very well for long for me since I think those two have a lot of issues in them. I get a lot of ghost vehicles in those two towns that Overwatch has to clean up.
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

I had to move up my timeline, but I was thinking of Hidden Springs or Barnacle Bay. I enjoy Hidden Springs anyway and I can get both to move smoothly. For me, the less of a metropolis, the better it works. Starlight shores has always been a bit touchy. Part of me wonders why I chose it in the first place.
ninaumi

Post by ninaumi »

I want to play with Base Game and Late Night bonuses, however I'm concerned about having both vampires and colorful sims in a household until the end of a challenge... I don't know how I can put that to work.
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

Sorry, not trying to be creepy and follow you. :/

I actually completed the challenge with a colorful vampire. Of course, I had all the EPs, so I did have a few advantages. One way would suggest is, with the base game, pick one of the base colors and breed from there. Colors can pass through even if the sim is a vampire, so no worries there. I don't remember if you can make a vampire straight out of CAS with Late Night or not. It may be a bit tricky with jobs, but if you can, its possible to make vampire babies with the first generation then use the from the science facility to cure whoever gets picked as heir so your house doesn't get overly crowded with forever living vampires. Then if you wish, your founder could be you're mascot and do various this and that around the home. Even help with his or her descendant's childcare.

Just a suggestion. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. I'm not a foremost expert or anything, but I like helping with m experience. Again sorry for being creepy.
ninaumi

Post by ninaumi »

You're not creepy, don't worry. :)

I already thought that I would like my founder to become a vampire, so I'm glad you made that suggestion. :))

I have a question about the color. I think of playing with a Matriarch, so I was wondering if I can make new families in CAS with male sims of the particular color, for my founder and heiresses to have children with? If not, how I can make that thing with color work?
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

I don't think there is anything in the rules about that. I know I married my heirs to specific sims I placed in the world, but I made sure that I had them start as strangers. And if you put a variety of colorful guys around for her and her daughters to pick and choose from, I personally see no problem. If you populate the entire town with the same color it might be a bit questionable, however. The big thing is that it isn't something that will cheat or give a completely unfair advantage.

As for the color, for me and from what I saw on Teresa's OWBC, the color must be on the same slider as the founder. It's up to you about intermixing the colors and seeing where it goes. I know I had my colorful heirs hook up with vanilla sims. Not sure if I got lucky or colorful is dominant over vanilla. I know my final heiress was only a born vanilla sim because I had the color pass down to the final generation. The biggest thing is to have at least one of the three pregnancies result in a colorful sim. Even if say the 1st gen is a darker blue, it still counts. But if she has a green baby but she is exclusively on the blue slider than that baby would be ineligible. It can get interesting if you have the rainbow slider, but I'm not sure if that came with a patch or you had to get a specific world for it. Anyway, it's a big matter of random chance with what skintone gets. Again, in my experience, my first generation had all three boys get their mother's blue skin. I don't know if I got super lucky or it was my founder being straight out of CAS. But the next two gens had more of a mix. I had two sets of twins come out with different skintones and two come out both blue. Again, it's a bit of a gamble. Besides two parents with the same color skin, there are no sure things.

Hopefully that provided a bit of clarity. I know I got confused at first about the skintone thing. I would highly suggest reading Teresa's OWBC over on the completed TS3 board. Hers helped me get through mine.
ninaumi

Post by ninaumi »

Thank you, your suggestions are very helpful! :)

I have just one question: how can I manage to just have one vampire sim in the family, if it's mandatory for me to have one sim be turned to a vampire AND have a vampire baby, and cannot cure any sims from it?

EDIT: I mean, if that's what's in the rules...
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

As far as curing other vampires goes, it never explicitly states in the rules that you can't cure non-mascot sims. That is a bit of a loop hole. And loopholes, in my opinion, are a nice place to set up a sanity camp. So as long as you don't cure whichever sims you designate as mascot, then there doesn't seem to be any points deductions or rules against it. I mean there has to be some concession for those who choose to play occult sims while trying to conform to rules.
ninaumi

Post by ninaumi »

Your post just came in time! I was just looking at your blog, and wanted to tell you how I've seen it some months ago, but didn't get to read it. Nevertheless, I LOVE how the theme looks. I followed it, and will read your OWBC story when I finish Teresa's one. :)) And, I am now finally going to play it. :D
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

:applause: Have fun! It can get frustrating at times, but I fell in love with my sims...you'll see...and it was nice to do a shorter challenge. I'm also easily flustered, but since it's so short, you can kinda shake it off. Can't wait to see where you got with it!!
platformperil
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode

Post by platformperil »

Okay so generational question, how does it work?

You have the founder, who has 3 babies, then one of those is the gen 1 heir, who has 3 babies, then one of becomes the gen 2 heir, who has 3 babies, and the one of those is the gen 3 heir;

Does the gen 3 heir have to have 3 babies too? Or is it done there when they get to young adult?
Uta No Prince Sama!
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

I keep looking at this challenge and want to do it.

I have a question about something in the rules

-Obtain at least one occult (ghost, alien, zombie, vampire, witch, fairy, werewolf, plantsim, imaginary friend, mummy, mermaid, unicorn, or genie) through the course of the challenge. You need a forum mascot, don't you? Failure to obtain said mascot results in -30 points.

I am probably being thick but ...
1. does that mean your founder has to become an occult
2. Forum mascot?? what does that mean exactly :hmm:

and the gnome guard ... is that a special gnome in the game. Can I use one of the deterrent gnomes as the guard gnome?
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

anyone??!! :roll:
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
DSLady
Steam ID: dslady13
Ireland

Post Counts

Post by DSLady »

I have no idea about the gnome thing, but my guess on the occult bit is that any one of your heirs/spares (and possibly spouses if you have them?) can be turned into the occult, and the forum mascot is/is represented by your occult. I think XD
The Gordon Legacy - Complete?
The Hot Ladies Association - Liv's Adventures in TS4
itsjulie
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by itsjulie »

okay thanks :))

I think Ill have my founder turned fairy / vamp - so that i can keep them around longer to do the mini and super challenges ^^
Spoiler:
Currently all on hiatus
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Completed
somebodysangel
Steam ID: somebodysangel
Origin ID: somebodysangel
Australia

Post Counts

Post by somebodysangel »

Looking at these rules again, obviously means I'm going to try it.

Where did we fall on the Golden Trio piece? I specifically have questions around these two parts:
  • max three skills of your choosing as a child - is this even possible? Even with spamming tabcasts, I've only been able to max two in 7-8 days of childhood. Maybe this could be to get 3 skills to L5? If you want to keep the 'trio' part
  • earn 3,000 Simoleons - how do you keep track of this? Can't do it as a career, because they also need to top a PT career
Should the toddler books perhaps be included for the Golden Trio? There are 3 x 3 books, which fits right in. Maybe instead of the earning money?
ImageImageImageImage Image Image Image
ABCs of Genetics ~ Minos Apocalypse ~ Young BISBI
COMPLETED: Maloney WYDC, Nav-igating the Hive, Winchester Baby Boom, Nikki Immortal Teen, Last Man Standing, Rourke EPIC, Jasper Sweet Lips[/color]

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”