Professional Artist / Live off the Land by SimDouae2 (TS2)

katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Professional Artist / Live off the Land by SimDouae2 (TS2)

Post by katrisims »

(Saved from a web archive, source: https://web-beta.archive.org/web/201504 ... ic617.html .)
Professional Artist
This is an addition to the simple legacy challenge that we all know and love, it can be added as a handicap.

Put simply, the founder and his/her descendants cannot get a job, and must make their profits from either painting, writing novels, or playing music for tips (University EP).
Rules:
-As described above, the founder and his/her descendants may not take jobs, and must make money only by use of the creativity skill. This includes writing novels.
-If any marry-ins already have jobs, they may keep them, however they may not take a new job if they quit or are unemployed upon moving in.
-No children, even non-heirs, may take jobs (obviously, this doesn't apply to non-heirs who move out).
-No family member may start a business unless they only sell Sim-made paintings.

Add 5 points to your score if you complete the legacy without breaking any above mentioned rules.

Live Off the Land
(Requires Seasons EP)
This is very similar to the above mentioned, and can also be added as a handicap.

Rules:
-The founder and his/her descendants may not take jobs, and may only make money by use of fishing and/or farming.
-If any marry-ins already have jobs, they may keep them, however they may not take a new job if they quit or are unemployed upon moving in.
-No children, even non-heirs, may take jobs (obviously, this doesn't apply to non-heirs who move out).
-No family member may start a business unless they only sell fish and/or crops.

Add 5 points to your score if you compltete the legacy without breaking any above mentioned rules.

These two handicaps can be used in conjunction with each other, allowing the family to make money from both fishing/farming and creativity.

Let me know what you think! And please don't hesitate to point out any errors or make any suggestions.
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Professional Artist / Live off the Land by SimDouae2 (TS

Post by MichelleCYoung »

How about digging for treasure, and selling what you dig? Is that allowed? Can you open an art gallery, or just at your home-based business?

How many generations does it last?

Oh, wait. This isn't actually a new challenge, so much as handicaps for the legacy challenge, is that it?

Anyway, it sounds really fun!
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
katrisims
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Finland

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: Professional Artist / Live off the Land by SimDouae2 (TS

Post by katrisims »

Yeah, they both seem to be legacy handicaps rather than individual challenges as far as I can tell. It doesn't say anything about home based vs. community lot businesses, so personally, I'd probably assume that either is ok.

As for digging, looking at the link at the top, the rules come from a previous incarnation of Boolprop, the thread was posted in 2011. And that already was an archived version, so the original challenge is even older - so it's quite possibly a pre-BV challenge and that's why the original poster didn't take digging into account.

Return to “Sims 2 Rulesets”