Townie Assimilation Challenge by LexiAlice (TS2)

Lorinsv
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Townie Assimilation Challenge by LexiAlice (TS2)

Post by Lorinsv »

(Saved from a web archive. Source: https://web-beta.archive.org/web/201504 ... ic450.html)

Hi all,

I'm trying a new challenge that I'm making up as I go along. It's in response to not being able to use deleteAllCharacters without completely glitching my game-- I've had two legacies go up in smoke in as many months. Really loose rules so far-- I'd love input from everyone as to how it might be improved!

-Megs

In Play Testing...

Create a new custom neighborhood. One founder-- mine is female 'cause I like the clothes, but player's choice. Any aspiration, zodiac, etc. Move her in to an empty lot and build as far as $20,000 will take you. Find a job, etc.

At the end of the first week your founder must have married in one of the original 30 townies (the ones that get borrowed from Pleasantview). Only townies that are going to be married may move-in, only townies may be married, only one marriage per sim.

Each couple must have two player-directed offspring-- if a pregnancy results in twins, if an alien abduction results in pregnancy, or if you're playing with ACR and it's out of your hands, more than two children are allowed.

One child will inherit the homestead, the other(s) will strike out on their own. Both are required to marry one of the remaining original 30 townies within a week of reaching maturiity (adult), and the cycle begins again. Play the houses round-robin style, a week with each. Uni is optional.

I'm trying this out with FT in mind, but without FT, boolprop and Uni can be used to age-up the townie children and teens.

No cheats, except those necessary for continued game-play (Move_Objects, etc). Ghosts are a plus. Player discresion with hacks-- just be honest about what they change in terms of game play.

I plan to post my progress, and if anyone wants to join me, I'd love to hear about it! New rules will be added as needed.

Challenge ends when all 30 original townies have been moved in.

The Townie Assimilation Project Challenge—Official Rules

The Basics
Create a new custom neighborhood. Use CAS to create one adult founder, any gender, aspiration, zodiac, etc. Move her in to an empty lot and build as far as $20,000 will take you. Find a job, make friends, etc.

At the end of the first week your founder must have moved in one of the original 30 townies (the ones that get borrowed from Pleasantview). Only townies that are going to contribute to the bloodline may move-in, only townies may be moved-in (no NPCs) and only one townie “mate” per sim—no black widows or polygamy please!

Each couple must have two player-directed offspring; if a pregnancy results in twins, if an alien abduction results in pregnancy, or if you're playing with ACR and it's out of your hands, more than two children are allowed; more than three and there’ll be a penalty in points though, so play wisely.

One child will inherit the homestead; the other(s) will strike out on their own. Both are required to marry one of the remaining original 30 townies within a week of reaching maturity (adult), and the cycle begins again. Play the houses round-robin style, a week with each.

I'm trying this out with FT in mind, but without FT, boolprop and Uni can be used to age-up the townie children and teens. If Uni is installed, you can play the teen townies through with their intended spouses. They must be married into the bloodline immediately upon graduation.

No cheats, except those necessary for continued game-play (move_objects, etc). Player discretion with hacks—just be honest about what they change in terms of game play.

Challenge ends when all 30 original townies have been moved in.

The Points*
• 1 point per townie in the "bloodline" (everyone will have thirty when they finish)
• ¼ point per related household (if you follow the two kids rule strictly, the challenge ends with the fourth generation from the founder, and there will be 16 total households)
• -3 points for every child that has more than two siblings ( that leaves room for wiggling in a third kid, due to twins or fulfilling LTWs, but after three you start losing significant points—if a family has four kids, you have to subtract 12 points (-3 x 4 kids with more than two siblings).
• 1 point per LTW achieved-- only one point available per sim (not to be confused with the Legacy impossible wants)
• 1 point per perma-platinum sim, if FT is installed (If you don't have FT, this is not available, because perma-plat is the result of achieving a LTW. Instead add 1 ½ points when your sim achieves a LTW and goes platinum)
• 1 point per platinum tombstone/urn of a family member present on any of the residential lots
• 1 point per free-roaming ghost of a family member on any of the residential lots
• -2 points per “visitor death” on any of the residential lots, unless that visitor is resurrected and sent on their merry way immediately
• -2 points for any negative social worker visit
• ½ point per sim that graduates from Uni; add an additional ½ point if they have a 4.0 GPA

More scoring opportunities may be added as the challenge continues…
Image Image
ISTJ

Return to “Sims 2 Rulesets”