Evolution & Progress in Change (EPIC): For Sims 2!

Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: crimml
Origin ID: re030
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Evolution & Progress in Change (EPIC): For Sims 2!

Post by Thaitanic »

Boolprop Evolution & Progress in Change (EPIC) Challenge: Sims 2 Version!

Originally created by StyxLady, Rhea & mmmtoast, rules adapted by Thai.
Made and published on the old Boolprop site on 1st January 2012 - I've kept my commentary as it was when I first published it. Even though it is slightly embarrassing :roll:
“This challenge is so unique and so different that you’d be hard pressed to find any one like it. The challenge is what you make it, you pick your rules and limitations through mini challenges and then, halfway through the challenge you choose your own path. How do you want your family to go? Towards the light…or towards the dark? Remember though, it all comes full circle.

Have you ever wanted to try an apocalypse challenge but found the rules too restricting? (And there are so many of them!) This challenge is for you! It's a kind of a mix between an apocalypse and a choose-your-own-adventure book. (Does anyone remember those besides me?) It's also perfect for those who crave a challenge that begins in the past, and becomes more modern with each generation. It's fantastic for story-telling, but would work well for a commentary-type story as well.”
I was so enthralled by this challenge when I first saw it as a thread on the forums – and after I read a few of the stories, moreso. But what I didn’t like was that there was no Sims 2 version – now I have nothing against Sims 3, but I prefer Sims 2 much more, but it could just be that I’m resistant to change. xD Either way, I thought that a challenge as EPIC (eheheh, name pun) as this deserved a Sims 2 adaptation.

Recommended EPs are University, Nightlife, Seasons & optionally, Pets and Bon Voyage. I’ve tried to keep the rules as Base Game friendly as possible, but it’s rather difficult. I have therefore written both BG AND EP versions. :)

Starting out:
Your founder may be male or female. You may purchase any size empty lot in any town to begin with.

General Rules:
[spoiler]-CC is fine, but using mods in a way that gives you unbalanced advantages is not (i.e, Sim Blender or InSIM to grow up your children. Mods such as Teen Pregnancy, Trips & Quads etc are fine – if you can think of any other Sims 2 mods that may require prior approval, feel free to comment and ask, and I’ll get onto it ASAP.)

-Due to a shortage of the availability of birth control, the world is overpopulated. The government puts strict limits in effect: Sims may only have one child per household.

-Homes are limited to one room in the house per occupant. For example, a house with just the founder will be a studio with everything open (half-walls are allowed, however). A house with the founder, his spouse, and his child can have a kitchen, a living room, and a bedroom (basically, one room for every member of the house. Pets do not count). When the founder grows old and passes on, you do not have to delete a room now that you have one less sim in the house, but the next time you add a sim to the household, that existing room is claimed by the new sim, and another may not be added.

For example: Gordon moves into the house, marries Britney and has one child, three rooms may be built for the family – adding to that, when Gordon dies, if Britney remarries or the child gains a spouse, that move in gets the third room, so no new room can be built.

-There can only be one baby per generation, unless you randomly get twins/triplets/quads (you can only get triplets and quadruplets if you have TwoJeff’s Trip & Quad hack.)

-If that happens, the eldest will be heir/heiress, and you may not control the others at all throughout their lives. Think bad apples in OWBCs. The second that these spares reach teenagerdom, they must go to University (no scholarships can be collected). If you do not have University installed, you have to carry on as you were when they were younger - no selecting them or giving them actions at all.

-Super Fertility Free Time reward is not allowed until the one child restriction rule is unlocked.

-The family may move to different towns or lots, but the room rule must apply, so if you move just your heir to a new lot, he'll be back down to a one-room house again. However if you move a family of three, they get a three room house.[/spoiler]

Generation 1 - Garden of Eden (EP version):
[spoiler]-Must have a pond and plant a garden on the lot.

-House may only be wood or stone, with a dirt, stone, or wood floor. (To simulate this, wooden BV walls are preferable. If you don't have BV, any wall that looks relatively wooden/stone like will do. No bricks. Dirt, stone or wood floors should be easy enough to understand. :P)

-Wooden windows are allowed. (i.e Windows with wooden frames/if they have a wooden recolour)

-Electricity has not yet been invented, so NO lights (except candles/oil lamps) or electronics.

-Toilet must be placed outside, outhouse-style (except without the “house” part…so no walls enclosing it).

-No showers allowed, and the tub must be placed outside (I.E. filled with pond water).

-Since there is no running water, sprinklers may not be used.

-Male founder or male spouse must enroll in Military or Adventurer careers or must provide through gardening or fishing. A female founder or female spouse must enroll in the Culinary career or provide through gardening or fishing. Either can also start a home business selling things made with the pottery wheel, sewing machine or easel. It can also sell things made of 'natural' materiels, i.e a wooden statue or a stone found from digging in the dirt.

-Digging in the dirt is fine. If they hit a water line, however, you must assume it's a natural geyser etc. (use your imagination :P) and add in a minimum of one square of space to the pond.

-No travel (planes haven't been invented yet).

-Can only gain athletic skill from the yoga or swimming (it'd be good if you edit the pond so it's swimmable, but if not, then if you build a pool, put it near enough to the pond for the water to be considered as if from the pond. If you want, you can change the pool floors & wall to look more natural, but that isn't necessary if you haven't got the required EPs.)

-No cars, please. Either make them walk to work or download a default where the carpool doesn't look like a car. I'd recommend this one on MTS2, where the carpool is a carriage. It may look a little posh, but I digress. :p
I have also found a link to a vehicle designed to look like a horse, here. This could be downloaded too - just avoid cars.
However, if you'd rather not divulge into that sort of thing, I guess we can just PRETEND the carpools are horses or something. ;)

-2nd generation heir must get to level 6 skill of two of the following before he/she becomes an Adult (if sent to University, before they reach the Mid-Semester of Sophomore year): cooking or cleaning, alternatively, they could get a silver badge in either Gardening or Fishing. If one wished to make their sim learn all of those before the pre-disposed time, then that's a +1 point bonus. If they manage to do all of the above and get a gold badge in Fishing & Gardening, then it's a +3 bonus, however, it MUST be before they reach Adult stage or Mid-Semester Sophomore year. If they manage to max all skills, it's a +5 bonus, and if they manage to max all AND get the two badges to at least Silver or above, it's a +8 bonus.

-BUT, for you to not be considered cheating, a screen shot of both the badge & skill screen is required. If you're using the in-game camera, use the Prt Scrn key. Obviously using Boolprop to do as such is counted as cheating, so should not be done. If you do cheat and you want to realise you did and it wasn't to fix a glitch etc, it's a -5 penalty for every cheat used.

-Phone use IS allowed, though only on Wednesdays. Sorry, but they'll mostly be living on walk-bys or bringing friends home from work/school, however, if you have BV installed, you can go to a community lot via. walking or on the horse car mentioned earlier.

-Gen 1 Mini Challenge: NO calling for delivery service or buying a new fridge allowed until the founder or spouse reaches level 10 of his/her chosen career. Sims must eat from their own garden or from fish caught in their pond. Before their garden is providing food, they will have to survive on caught fishes, however, you are allowed to use a fridge, though you are not allowed to use the food that comes with the fridge. This is only so sims can use the fridge to get out the preparation tray. +3 points.

*Note: On Wednesdays you may not use the phone to call the Delivery service and have Pizza delivered.[/spoiler]

Generation 1 - Garden of Eden (Base Game version):
[spoiler]-Must have a pond and plant a garden on the lot - in this case, a garden would be ten flower patches and at minimum 5 shrubs.

-House may only be wood or stone, with a dirt, stone, or wood floor. (Any wall that looks relatively wooden/stone like will do. No bricks. Dirt, stone or wood floors should be easy enough to understand. :P Siding is fine as long as it's in a natural colour)

-Wooden windows are allowed. (i.e Windows with wooden frames/if they have a wooden recolour)

-Electricity has not yet been invented, so NO lights (except candles/oil lamps) or electronics.

-Toilet must be placed outside, outhouse-style (except without the “house” part…so no walls enclosing it).

-No showers allowed, and the tub must be placed outside (I.E. filled with pond water).

-Male founder or male spouse must enroll in Military career. A female founder or female spouse must enroll in the Culinary career. Either can also use the easel to gain money, (lets just be assuming they gathered natural items to provide the paint dyes and such).

-No travel (planes haven't been invented yet).

-Can only gain athletic skill from the yoga or swimming (it'd be good if you edit the pond so it's swimmable, but if not, then if you build a pool, put it near enough to the pond for the water to be considered as if from the pond. If you want, you can change the pool floors & wall to look more natural, but that isn't necessary if you haven't got the required EPs.)

-No cars, please. I have also found a horse here that functions as a car. It DOES work with Numenor's add on for "No Cars Without Nightlife". However, if you'd rather not divulge into that sort of thing, I guess we can just PRETEND the carpools are horses or something. ;)

-2nd generation heir must get to level 8 skill of the following before he/she becomes an Adult: cooking & cleaning. If one managed to teach their sim both of these skills with the minimum of 2 skill points in all of the other sections, that's a +2 point bonus. If they manage to max all skills, it's a +5 bonus.

-BUT, for you to not be considered cheating, a screen shot of both the badge & skill screen is required. If you're using the in-game camera, use the Prt Scrn key. Obviously using Boolprop to do as such is counted as cheating, so should not be done. If you do cheat and you want to realise you did and it wasn't to fix a glitch etc, it's a -5 penalty for every cheat used.

-Phone use IS allowed, though only on Wednesdays.

-Gen 1 Mini BG Challenge: You can add another 10 flower patches and another 7 shrubs to the lot. If you manage to keep those plants alive until Gen 2 reaches adulthood, it's a +3 bonus.[/spoiler]

Generation 2 - Sound of Music (EP version):
[spoiler]-Heir must choose between Music (Seasons) career or an Artist (Uni) or the Slackern career or living from paintings on the easel.

-Spouse may work in any of the listed jobs the heir did not choose, or Culinary or living off of the land like their in-laws.

-Starting with the sims of generation 2, if the heir(ess) or spouse masters the Mechanical skill (if maxed in Gen 1, this restriction isn't lifted until this generation reaches either Adulthood or mid-Semester Sophomore), cars/carpools are unlocked. If this generation doesn’t complete this, it will be up to future generations to gain the necessary skill.

-Starting with the sims of generation 2, if the heir(ess) or spouse masters the Creative skill (if maxed in Gen 1, this restriction isn't lifted until this generation reaches either Adulthood or mid-Semester Sophomore), walls and floors may be any material. If this generation doesn’t complete this, it will be up to future generations to gain the necessary skill.

-Once heir reaches the top of the music or artistic careers, radios are able to be purchased and used.

-Gen 2 Mini Challenge: Make at least 1000 simoleans by busking (either with instruments or freestyling. In game this is called "--- for tips"). +3 points[/spoiler]

Generation 2 - Sound of Music (Base Game version):
Read: Unfortunately, the Base Game doesn't have a lot of suitable alternatives for this Generation, so I thought long and hard and decided to go with what I assumed was the next closest thing - Slacker. Only due to the fact they have parties etc etc.
[spoiler]-Heir must choose between Slacker career, or living from paintings on the easel.

-Spouse may work in any of the listed jobs the heir did not choose, or Culinary or living off of painting like their in-laws.

Starting with the sims of generation 2, if the heir(ess) or spouse masters the Mechanical skill (if maxed in Gen 1, this restriction isn't lifted -until this generation reaches either Adulthood), cars/carpools are unlocked. If this generation doesn’t complete this, it will be up to future generations to gain the necessary skill.

-Starting with the sims of generation 2, if the heir(ess) or spouse masters the Creative skill (if maxed in Gen 1, this restriction isn't lifted until this generation reaches either Adulthood), walls and floors may be any material. If this generation doesn’t complete this, it will be up to future generations to gain the necessary skill.

-Once heir reaches the top of the Slacker career or paints ten masterpieces, radios are able to be purchased and used.

-Gen 2 Mini Challenge: Buy a piano and make the heir, the spouse and their child practice until they reach at least 5 skill points each. If heir maxed skill last generation, you're already a third of the way there! :D +3 points[/spoiler]

Generation 3 - Let there be light! (EP version):
[spoiler]-Your heir(ess) has a choice between the Science career field or build all robots on the OFB robot crafting table.

-Spouse may work in the field the heir did not choose, or any other previously unlocked profession.

-When the heir(ess) reaches the top of the science career or crafts all robots on OFB crafting table, the light bulb is invented and lights can now be placed. You can use the phone everyday, though cells are still banned. Telescopes can now be used;

-Sims may now use planes to travel to foreign lands;

-Indoor plumbing has been invented, so dishwashers, toilets and showers may now be placed indoors;

-Gen 3 Mini Challenge: Create all robots and bouquets (with the same sim). +3 points[/spoiler]

Generation 3 - Let there be light! (Base Game version):
[spoiler]-Your heir(ess) has to go into the Science career, unfortunately I cannot think of a suitable second choice unless someone points something out to me.

-Spouse may work in the field the heir did not choose or a previously unlocked profession - they may also live from painting like in previous generations.

-When the (heir)ess reaches the top of the Science career, the light bulb is invented and lights can now be placed.You can use the phone everyday, though cells are still banned. Telescopes can now be used;

-Indoor plumbing is invented, so dishwashers, toilets and showers may now be placed indoors;

-Gen 3 Mini Challenge: When sim reaches end of Science career, make them quit and retake the job. If they reach at least level 8 by their death, you get a +3 bonus.[/spoiler]

Generation 4 - In the public eye (EP version):

[spoiler]-Your heir(ess) has a choice between the Showbiz, Sports, Dance or Entertainer careers. They may also go and work in bars as a bartender for extra income if you so wish..

-The spouse may work in the field the heir(ess) did not choose, or any of the previously unlocked professions.

-Once the heir(ess) has reached the top of the ShowBiz career or the Sports career, televisions, cell phones, and arcade games are able to be purchased and used, as are workout machines.

-You can also now buy community lots as businesses.

Gen 4 Mini Challenge: Throw a party inviting the maximum amount your computer can handle and make sure it raises the roof! +3 bonus points! (You also HAVE to have the champagne bottle out. Sorry, but dealing with those full-bladdered sims will make those 3 bonus points all the more juicy ;))[/spoiler]

Generation 4 - In the public eye (Base game version)

[spoiler]-Your heir(ess) must join the Athletic career.

-The spouse may work in the field the heir(ess) did not choose, or any of the previously unlocked professions.

-Once the heir(ess) has reached the top of the ShowBiz career or the Sports career, televisions cell phones, and arcade games are able to be purchased and used, as are workout machines.

-Gen 4 Mini Challenge: Throw a party inviting the maximum amount your computer can handle and make sure it raises the roof! +3 bonus points! (You HAVE to have the champagne bottle out here!)[/spoiler]

Generation 5 - Crossroads: Criminal (b). Law Enforcement (a) (EP version):
Please note that if you take the *Criminal* route this generation, you follow the orange titles, if you chose Law Enforcement, you follow the blue.
[spoiler]-Heir(ess) has a choice between the criminal or law enforcement career.

-Spouse can ONLY choose one of the previously unlocked careers or live off of businesses, gardening or fishing. Crafting and selling counts here too.

-If heir(ess) chooses the criminal career track - every child born afterwards will need to max out interest in Crime until a future heir(ess) (generation 9) reaches the top of the Law Enforcement career. Also, if you choose this route, once your current heir(ess) reaches top of Criminal track, couples can have as many children as they want, because they’re used to breaking the law anyway. Proceed to Generation 6-b

-If heir(ess) chooses the law enforcement track - every child born afterwards will need to max out interest in Politics until a future heir(ess) (generation 9) reaches the top of the Criminal. Law Enforcement track allows sims to purchase and use home security systems. Proceed to generation 6-a

-Gen 5 Mini Challenge: Heiress & spouse must max out interest in both Criminal & Politics. +3 bonus points![/spoiler]

Generation 5 - Crossroads: Criminal (b). Law Enforcement (a) (Base Game version):
Please note that if you take the *Criminal* route this generation, you follow the orange titles, if you chose Law Enforcement, you follow the blue.
[spoiler]-Heir(ess) has a choice between the criminal or law enforcement career.

-Spouse can ONLY choose one of the previously unlocked careers or live off of painting on the easel.

-If heir(ess) chooses the criminal career track - every child born afterwards will need to max out interest in Crime until a future heir(ess) (generation 9) reaches the top of the Law Enforcement career. Also, if you choose this route, once your current heir(ess) reaches top of Criminal track, couples can have as many children as they want, because they’re used to breaking the law anyway. Proceed to Generation 6-b

-If heir(ess) chooses the law enforcement track - every child born afterwards will need to max out interest in Politics until a future heir(ess) (generation 9) reaches the top of the Criminal. Law Enforcement track allows sims to purchase and use home security systems. Proceed to generation 6-a

-Gen 5 Mini Challenge: Heiress & spouse must max out interest in both Criminal & Politics. +3 bonus points![/spoiler]

Generation 6 a. – Make the World a Better Place (EP & BG version):
Note: At this point I felt that if I were to make both an EP and BG version they'd be too similar anyway, so I just put the two in one. You will see if the generation is combined in the title. Also any jobs/abilities that require an EP will have a little * besides them, so you know which you can't do in BG.
[spoiler]-Heir(ess) must join the Political or *Intelligence career. Spouse may enter the job the heir does not choose, or do any previously unlocked profession.

-After reaching top of Political or *Intelligence career, heir(ess) lifts the one child/family law, and smoke alarms are unlocked and able to be purchased.

-Once the heir(ess) reaches level 10 in the chosen career, the one room per sim restriction is lifted.

-Gen 6 a Mini Challenge: Before your heir(ess) reaches level 10 in their career, set off 3 fires intentionally and have your sims put them out. (Make them appreciate what they're gonna get, y'know? ;)) +3 bonus points[/spoiler]

Generation 6 b. – It’s Just Business (EP & BG version):
[spoiler]-Heir(ess) must join Business career, *Paranormal career or *Gamer career. Spouse may enter the job the heir does not choose, or any previously unlocked position.

-Once heir reaches level 10 of chosen career, computers and video games are able to be purchased and used.

-Gen 6 b Mini Challenge: *(OFB) Get three top level businesses. (BG) Make heir(ess) paint 10 paintings that are masterpieces as well as current portraits of all family members. +3 bonus points for both.[/spoiler]

Generation 7 a – Caring for Others (EP & BG version):
[spoiler]-Heir(ess) must choose between Medical career or *Gamer (only included because of the video game unlock) profession. Spouse may work in the field not chosen by the heir(ess), or any other previously unlocked profession.

-Once heir(ess) has reached the top level of chosen career, computers and video games are able to be purchased and used.

-Gen 7 a Mini Challenge: No ignoring any chance cards. ;) +3 bonus points[/spoiler]

Generation 7 b. – Creative Thinking (EP & BG version):

[spoiler]-Heir(ess) must choose between *Architecture or writing on the computer. Spouse may work in the field not chosen by the heir(ess), or any other previously unlocked profession.

-Once the heir(ess) reaches level 10 (or in the case of writing, selling 5 bestselling novels) in the chosen career, the one room per sim restriction is lifted.

-Gen 7 b Mini Challenge: Make both the Heir(ess) & the spouse write 10 bestselling novels between them. +3 bonus points.[/spoiler]

Generation 8 a. – Serving the Public (BG & EP):
[spoiler]-Heir(ess) must choose between *Education, *Journalism, *Law or Politics (again, but this is the best I can do for BG unless anyone has a better suggestion xP) career tracks.

-Spouse may work In the field not chosen by the heir(ess), or any other previously unlocked profession.

-Once heir(ess) reaches level 10 of chosen career, anyone can be in this career.[/spoiler]

Generation 8 b. – Serving the Public: Journalism or Medical:
[spoiler]-Heir(ess) must choose between Journalism or Medical careers. Spouse may work in the field not chosen by the heir, or any other previously unlocked profession.

-Once heir(ess) reaches level 10 of chosen career, smoke alarms are able to be purchased.

-Gen 8 b Mini Challenge: Before your heir(ess) reaches level 10 in their career, set off 3 fires intentionally and have your sims put them out. +3 bonus points[/spoiler]

Generation 9 a. – Full Circle: Criminal:
[spoiler]-Heir(ess) must join the criminal career. Spouse may do any previously unlocked career.

-Once heir(ess) reaches level 10 in criminal career, each child doesn't need to max Crime interest anymore..[/spoiler]

Generation 9 b. – Full Circle: Law Enforcement:
[spoiler]-Heir(ess) must join the law enforcement career. Spouse may do any previously unlocked career.

- Once heir(ess) reaches level 10 in law enforcement, not every child needs to max Politics interest.[/spoiler]

Generation 10 – Go Out With A Bang:
[spoiler]-Heir(ess) must have 10 biological children.

-All children must be raised with the heir(ess), and all toddlers must learn walking, talking and potty before their child birthdays.[/spoiler]

+100 points for finishing all 10 generations
+1 point per $100,000 the family has accrued
+1 point per each skill maxed per generation (by any family member)

Mini Challenges:
Spoiler:
You may pick and choose from these to custom-create your own challenge....or try to do as many as you can for the most points!

Roll the Dice: If you randomize the Aspirations & Turn Ons/Offs (if just BG, don't worry about Turn Ons/Offs) of all children for the whole challenge, you get +5 points.

The town bike: if you manage to make a sim that woohooes at least 25 wo/men and gets impregnated by at least three. (I recommend using this as an addition on the last generation). +6 points

*OFB* Business is Booming: Every three generations, the family must purchase or build three businesses and spend on the businesses until they're effectively broke. +5 points (It works out in the end ;))

“No well-behaved woman ever made history.”: Can you make your challenge into a Matriarchy? You must have child after child until you get a girl. Remember, the children you have before getting your first girl can't be controlled. Also, you do not get a negative point from them, as it wouldn't be worth it otherwise. +10 points

A Man’s World: Can you make your challenge into a Patriarchy? You must have child after child until you get a boy. Remember, the children you have before getting your first boy can't be controlled. Also, you do not get a negative point from them, as it wouldn't be worth it otherwise. +10 points

Aspiration Award Junkie: Give yourself one point for each aspiration award (used or not) on the family lot by the end of the challenge.
Senility: Elders may not be controlled directly throughout the challenge. (Feel free to use influence.) +5 points

Unhelped & Untreated: A variation of Senility, Elders cannot be controlled at ALL throughout the challenge. +8 points

Doing it the Hard Way: Give yourself 10 points if you did not use any FT Aspiration Awards or Aspiration Items (for example lightbulb hat, kibble/elixir of life, etc.) throughout the challenge.

Creature Comforts: +3 points for each type of creature which joins your family’s household at any point in the challenge (Servo, Ghost, Vampire, Alien, Werewolf, Plantsim or Bigfoot.)

Beautifully Decorated: If you have a sim that paints to supplement their income, every 3rd piece of artwork MUST be placed somewhere in the home. +5 points

Seasoned Traveler: Give yourself +3 points if you have a sim travel to all destinations and come back with that destination's perk. (For example, Britney goes to Twikii Island and comes home with a voodoo doll).

Pet Legacy: +10 points if you start the challenge with a pet (or the founder adopts one) and carry its line all the way until the end.
DIY: No repairman may be called at any time during the challenge; all broken appliances, plumbing, and electronics must be fixed by someone in the household. No maid or butler may be hired. +5 points

A Life of Secrecy – Founder and each following heir(ess) must be a vampire. They must guard this secret closely, and cannot make any more friends than required for promotions in their careers. Spouses do NOT need to be made into vampires, but they can be. House must be darkly themed and each heir(ess) must turn at least one person, not including their child, of course. ;) +10 points

Updates:
[code]
9/1/12: Edited Gen 1 EP version's Mini Challenge, and adjusted the BG rules as well as rules on phone use.
15/4/12: Edited Gen 1 EP Mini Challenge once more.
8/1/13: Edited out some discrepancies/fixed some spelling mistakes.
6/8/13: Added colours to the branched generations to make them more navigable!
27/3/17: Changed the "Life of Secrecy" Mini Challenge's friend restrictions to allow for career progression.[/code]

The EPIC challenge itself has just been made, and these Sims 2 rules are still in their beta stage as well, so if you have any suggestions or ideas, I'd be welcome to hear them. If you come across any problems, PM me, or one of the original creators (them being StyxLady, Rhea & mmmtoast).

If you do decide to start one, feel free to shamelessly plug it here - I'd love to take a look at it! ^^ Thank you all, and thank you to Styx who allowed me to adapt the rules!
Last edited by Thaitanic on January 20th, 2015, 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
call me Thai!
they/them
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Re: Evolution & Progress in Change (EPIC): For Sims 2!

Post by MichelleCYoung »

This looks so cool!

I think it needs a bit of editing, though. 6a and 8a both refer to unlocking smoke alarms, and 8a doesn't list anything else, at all, so it's just repeating 6a, which also allows other stuff.

Also, Generation 10 - the ten children can't ALL live with the heir(ess) because you can't fit that many in the household. Are you supposed to kill some off to make room for more?

In Generation 9 - I thought Politics went with Law Enforcement and Crime went with Criminal? Or am I just confused on this one?

So, is anyone doing this challenge?
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Ah, thanks for pointing the 6a/8a thing out. I'll be sure to edit that! Not sure how that happened. In the original challenge 8a doesn't allow for anything new either, so I suppose I'll just remove the smoke alarm unlock.

On Generation 10, I think the issue there is that most of the rules are literally transliterated from the Sims 3 rules. Since you obviously have the open world in Sims 3, it's possible to have children growing up outside of the main lot and I think Gen 10 just specified that children cannot be had with outside partners and kept off the main lot, but obviously kids can move out to allow for space. I'll edit the rules to be clearer.

Regarding Gen 9, oops! I can't believe that's been on there for so long and no-one's spotted it. Thanks for pointing that out.
call me Thai!
they/them
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Questions for clarifications:

Can spouses be playables, or are we going with the unofficial townie/NPC rule?

Spouses can work in unlocked professions: Do these include gardening, book-writing and other non-jobs that were previously unlocked?
-Once heir(ess) reaches level 10 in criminal career, each child doesn't need to max Crime interest anymore.
- Once heir(ess) reaches level 10 in law enforcement, not every child needs to max Politics interest.
I think the interests are the other way around. Or do the children of that generation have to gain interest in the "full circle"-field of their parent?

Life of Secrecy: Just to make sure: The founder is to be made into a vampire using cheats/mods on their first day, right?
+1 point per each skill maxed per generation
Each skill or each skill per person?
Example: Both Marsha and Bob max cooking skill. Does it count for one or two points?
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Radiochocolate wrote:Can spouses be playables, or are we going with the unofficial townie/NPC rule?
I would say stick to townies/NPCs, but if you make a playable character and townify them that's totally fine!
Radiochocolate wrote:Spouses can work in unlocked professions: Do these include gardening, book-writing and other non-jobs that were previously unlocked?
Yeah definitely! :D
Radiochocolate wrote:I think the interests are the other way around. Or do the children of that generation have to gain interest in the "full circle"-field of their parent?
The intention behind that is to have the kids gain interest in the full circle fields, yea. These rules were inspired by the rules of the original challenge, so :lol:
Radiochocolate wrote:Life of Secrecy: Just to make sure: The founder is to be made into a vampire using cheats/mods on their first day, right?
Yep!
+1 point per each skill maxed per generation
Each skill or each skill per person?
Example: Both Marsha and Bob max cooking skill. Does it count for one or two points?
2 points. :)
EDIT: Oops, my mistake, one point!!! So the max you can get every generation is 1 for each skill.
call me Thai!
they/them
nicholaplaysthesims
Steam ID: alpha_ddeathclaw
Origin ID: laaputa
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by nicholaplaysthesims »

I've added this to the list of challenges I want to attempt! :D
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Another note on Life of Secrecy:
They must guard this secret closely, and so may not make ANY friends other than potential spouses.
This would make it quite hard for vampires to lift career-specific restrictions/win points. Or is the idea that the spouse arranges connections for them?
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

That's a good shout, I didn't really think about the consequences of that :hmm:
I changed it to limit friend making to only the amount required to get promotions. I cant really remember what I wanted to achieve with having no friends as a restriction for that challenge though :lol:

Also it was nice to see a comment on these rules haha. I made them so long ago I kind of forgot about them :lol:
call me Thai!
they/them
milaek

Post by milaek »

Oh maaaan I really really want to give this a shot... I wonder if it would be feasible to do alongside an apocalypse?

Question though! For the Life of Secrecy mini-challange, how do you get rid of the Vamps once its time for the next generation? Kill them? Move them out?
Eden in the ApocalypseMost recent update: August 13th 2017

milaek's Simself
Thaitanic
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Great Britain

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Thaitanic »

Whatever works for you! They can move out or they can die, whatever makes you happy. Maybe work your decision into the lore of your story? :hmm:
call me Thai!
they/them
milaek

Post by milaek »

Oh! That's a great idea, I didn't think of making it a plot thing! Thanks XD
Eden in the ApocalypseMost recent update: August 13th 2017

milaek's Simself
peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

The mini challenges are optional. If you want to do them you can. They can add a little bit of a challenge to the challenge. :)
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

peachy123uk
Site Admin
Site Admin
Great Britain

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by peachy123uk »

Just think as like this 1 person = 1 room, 2 persons = 2 rooms, 3 persons = 3 rooms. If you want the parents to have separate bedrooms that is up to you. I hope that clears anything up.
UPCOMING EVENTS:

JUNE
PRIDE

JULY
SIMNANO

DECEMBER
CHRISTMAS 2024

Return to “Boolprop Challenge Rules”