A Difference in the Family Tree (TS2 Version)

Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

A Difference in the Family Tree (TS2 Version)

Post by Heather »

A while ago I modified the DITFT rules for TS2, and posted them on the old boolprop forums. Since we have moved to a new wesite, I'm reposting the information here. Still open to any suggestions as to how the rules can be improved, and feel free to ask me any questions if you have them! I will answer them to the best of my abilities.

The descriptions, like the original rules, were not written by me.

The point system is as follows. I've made some slight modifications, but you can always use the point system used for the original version here.

+1 point for every generation completed
+1 for each objective completed
+2 for every optional objective
+5 for changing the house to suit the style of each generation
-1 point for breaking a rule in a generation

The general rules are:
- Have fun (obviously)
- No using cheats to maximize motives
- No money cheats

The Objectives for each generation are:

Generation 1: "Your family was always into the farming deal. They spent their days working hard and asked for their children to do the same. So when you turned 18, your parents surprised you with your own plot of land to continue on tradition. And having always been one to want to impress the folks. You begin creating your own small garden, dedicating your time to that rather then dealing with a dreadful 9-to-5 suit and tie job."
Spoiler:
- Get a gold gardening (or flower arranging) skill badge if you have the required EPs. (Seasons for gardening, OFB for flower arranging)
- Have a garden containing each type of plant/Make every type of flower arrangement
- Get married, no premarital woohoo
- Have a boy & a girl

For BG only:
- Have your founder maintain a large garden (do not let anything die!)
- Have every type of flower/bush in this garden (CC plants optional)
- Get married, no premarital woohoo
- Have a boy & a girl

Optional:
- Catch every type of fish
- Max the nature hobby
- Marry a sim whose predestined hobby is nature, or marry a gardener
Generation 2: "Life with your hands in the dirt wasn't the life for you. You always craved to spend your time in the city and always loved when in the inner-city limits. You crave for more important things then seeing seeds sprout into plants or the days your father spent fishing, as they didn't interest you as much as your siblings. You decide not to follow the road of a farmer, but turn to business instead."
Spoiler:
- Reach level 10 in the Business career track
- Max out the charisma skill
- Get married (premarital woohoo is allowed from this point on)
- Have at least one kid

Optional:
- Be enemies with your parents
- Make over 50,000 in family funds
- Marry a co-worker
- Open a business (or five), and reach level 10
Generation 3: "Your parents have always seemed to spend more time in the office then home. So you decided to go on relationship rampages/different places and see the world. Better then remaining at home alone, that was for sure."
Spoiler:
- Kiss 6 sims
- Have 2 boyfriends/girlfriends at a time, then break their hearts
- Get married, have kids
- Kill spouse, repeat the above as many as 3 times

Optional:
- Keep ghosts on lot/in a community graveyard
- Woohoo 20 sims, or have 20 lovers

OR:
- Visit All the vacation destinations
- Marry a local, have a kid
- Collect all of the vacation momentos
- Collect all of the collectables
- Collect all of the souvenirs

Optional:
-Buy a vacation home
Generation 4: "Your parents has been everywhere with rich and wonderful stories that were always told to you ever since you (and your siblings, if any ) were little. This sparked a creative interest in you, filling you with the need to write and paint the beautiful images they spoke about. "
Spoiler:
- Max out the creativity skill
- Write 5 to 10 books, one or more must be a best-selling novel
- Paint 15 to 20 paintings, one or more must be a masterpiece
- Marry, have kids

Optional:
- Be best friends with parents
- Earn 10,000 in royalties
- Paint a portrait of each family member living on the lot
- Max the arts & craft and/or the film & literature hobby
Generation 5: "It must be that creative gene, because you were born with a guitar in your hand. You've played it ever since you were able to pick it up, not caring if you didn't strum correctly or even well. But that you knew would get better in time. As it always does."
Spoiler:
- Max out the creativity skill by playing an instrument of your choice. (This skill can *only* be gained by the instrument chosen!)
- Get to the top of the Music/Entertainment/Show Business career track depending on which EPs you have. Choose the first career track that applies.
- Get married, have kids

Optional:
- Max the music & dance hobby
Generation 6: "You've always wanted one of your own. So when you grew old enough you were overjoyed with knowing that you could have children one day. You'd play with your barbies, G.I. Joe, and doll house waiting for the one day to have your own babies."
Spoiler:
- Adopt at least one boy, and one girl. One of these adopted sims must be a child.
- Have a set of twins
- Teach the toddlers all of their skills
- Don't let the social worker come
- Attend at least two of their weddings (if not all) when the kids grow up

Optional:
- Have at least 5 kids
- Help them with their homework/teach them how to study
Generation 7: "There was something about you. You were different then the others. Could it have been you were smothered in too much love from your parents or you were just born that way. Either way, things are going to change around here. For an evil better..."
Spoiler:
- Reach level 10 in the Criminal career track
- Max out the body & logic skills
- Marry, have 1 kid
- Befriend the child

Optional:
- Befriend 5 sims
Generation 8: "You were their perfect child. And you dislike it, even more so when you realized that your parents were criminals."
Spoiler:
- Reach level 10 in the Politics career track
- Max out the charisma skill
- Earn 10,000
- Get married
- Have 3 babies

Optional:

Get into a fight with parents
Generation 9: "Ever since you were little you had a fascination with the people whom worked hard for the good of the people. You couldn't help but want to marry someone that had those traits and pass them onto your own kids."
Spoiler:
- Woohoo a service sim
- Have a child with a service sim
- Get a job in the Slacker career track

Optional:
- Marry the service sim
Generation 10: "You always wanted to take out the bad in this world. And no matter what you'd try your hardest to prevail over the evil in your town. That was your motto anyway and thus is why you trained yourself so as to be great at what you do. You got married early and had kids shortly after that so when you became an adult you were already settled down."
Spoiler:
- Reach level 10 in the Law Enforcement career track
- Max out the logic, body, and creativity skills
- Befriend a co-worker, or become BFFs if you have FT
- Marry, have kids

Optional:
- Have at least 2 friends
- Have a BFF as a teen
Generation 11: "Your dad always taught you that people were always to be helped out. You'd help the old lady across the street if she wanted you to. Death was always something you wanted to help prevent if possible. Either way. You'd make this world better."
Spoiler:
- Reach level 10 in the Medical career track
- Max out the logic skill
- Befriend all family members living on the lot
- Befriend a co-worker

Optional:
- Use the FT perk to pass on knowledge to the next heir
Generation 12: "Many years have passed since someone actually wanted to grow a garden. And being the only one whom has started it on it you being bad but begin getting better."
Spoiler:
- Get a gold gardening/flower arranging skill badge
- Have an alien baby
- Reach level 10 in the Science career track
- Marry, have kids

Optional:
- Make a servo
- Get a gold robotics skill badge
- Resurrect a sim, or save one from death
- See a ghost
- Max the science hobby
Generation 13: "It was from your father and mother that you found your way into the kitchen. You've always like to cook since you were able to touch the stove. Fancy dishes would be your specialty. It was just something that always kept you going."
Spoiler:
- Reach level 10 in the Culinary career track
- Max out the cooking skill
- Write a 'cook' book

Optional:
- Max the cuisine hobby
- Win a cooking contest
- Manage a lemonade stand as a kid
Generation 14: "You never felt like doing a lot of work. Not even for a moment did it appeal to you to play ball or go around playing tag with the other children. It wasn’t anything that interested you. In fact you’d rather spend the day watching TV or reading books. Besides it wasn't like your parents yelled at you or anything. "
Spoiler:
(Note, these objectives only apply to the heir, not their spouse!)
- Marry & woohoo a sim
- Have 2 kids, each with a different mother/father
- Do not get a job
- Do not help the kids with homework, do not teach them their toddler skills
- Do not do any chores (This includes dishes, making beds, taking out the trash, etc.)

Optional:
- Collect all bugs
- No skill building, unless it increases fun
Generation 15: "Born to be half-siblings, you both spent most of your time together. You both spent time together ever since you both could remember and was for the most part inseparable. People on the street thought it was cute, but not everyone was so happy to see half-siblings getting along. But you’d both prove that you two could still remain friends forever."
Spoiler:
- Have both heirs adopt 1 kid
- Have both heirs have kids of their own
- Have both get a job in the Military career track
- Have both max out the body skill
- Let both heirs meet as many relatives as possible
- Hold a family reunion

Optional:
- Have both heirs befriend 10 sims each
- Buy two business, 1 for each heir
- Complete LTWs
Generation 16 (Optional!): "You were always interested in things like your parents were. They spent their time building robots which got you curious on all things supernatural. "
Spoiler:
- Get turned into a supernatural creature, or let your sim have an alien baby if you do not have any supernatural creatures
- Max out all the skills
- Make another sim into a supernatural creature (disregard if you opt to have an alien baby)
- Have a love (or more...)

Optional:
- Have a kid, get married
Pea

Re: A Difference in the Family Tree (TS2 Version)

Post by Pea »

Awesome! I was looking for a challenge like this, with varied goals and generational themes. I didn't see this on the old forums, so thanks for posting it again and bringing it to my attention. :thup:
WistfulRose

Post Counts

Post by WistfulRose »

When does the generation officially flip for the different rules? Or is it like running two of the set of rules at the same?
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

Looks like all of the required goals are doable at YA or older, but some.of the optional goals do require the Sim to be a kid or teen.
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Sorry guys, didn't see that there were new posts! I didn't come up with the challenge, but I'll do my best to answer your questions. :)
WistfulRose wrote:When does the generation officially flip for the different rules? Or is it like running two of the set of rules at the same?
I think it's like running two sets of rules at the same time. For example, the rules for generation 2 would apply to that sim until they die, whereas you would follow the new rules for your generation 3 heir as soon as they are chosen.
Seera wrote:Looks like all of the required goals are doable at YA or older, but some.of the optional goals do require the Sim to be a kid or teen.
I'm assuming you would be able to choose a heir early enough to be able to do anything that might have to be done at the child/teen stage.
simsterlyrock
Steam ID: cclimer94
Origin ID: simsterlyrock
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by simsterlyrock »

For generation one, can you get the extra points for the optional objective if you marry one of the Garden Club members? My founder married the Garden Club lady who came by on the first day. She wasn't a gardener and so far she hasn't said that her OTH is Nature, so I'm not sure if I can count that optional objective as complete or not.
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Sorry, again did not notice there were new replies to this. I would personally say yes for a garden club member? Any sim linked to gardening I would count in my game. :)

Return to “Sims 2 Rulesets”