Oh Lorde! Queen Bee Challenge (October 11th)

Forum rules
If you wish to have your legacy moved back to the active forums, please report the thread and specify which forum it should be returned.
Candi0207

Re: Oh Lorde! Queen Bee Challenge (October 11th)

Post by Candi0207 »

This sounds like a tempting challenge to be sure, but I will have to read a few more chapters to decide if I can handle that many rules, lol.
Spoiler:
I particularly liked step 17, flicking boogers off of Komei. Haha!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Candi:
There aren't that many rules to it, imo *glares at apocalypse attempt*
Thanks for the comment!
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

So, I came back, found out that I COULD load and read 3.5, and binge read the rest. Actually, had to binge-read from the beginning, because it's been so long I don't remember it all.
Spoiler:
So, I laughed a lot, and the problem with binge-reading is that you can't remember too many specifics for comments, but here's what stands out to me.

You're right; it's not irony with the bees. Although, I think this goes beyond mere coincidence to destiny. LOL! I LOVE the curse of the beeeeeees!

When I saw the kids playing Mary Mack, my mind immediately changed the caption to "Allow children to play clapping game to inappropriate song about arranged marriage and horny bride-groom." Seriously, check out the lyrics:
Chorus:
Mary Mack's father's making Mary Mack marry me.
My father's making me marry Mary Mack.
I'm gonna marry Mary for my Mary to take care of me.
We'll all be making merry when I marry Mary Mack.
Ding dai diddly-ai diddly-ai dai

Verse 1:
There's a wee lass and her name is Mary Mack.
Make no mistake, she's the girl I'm gonna 'ttack.
A lot of other lads would like to have her on her back,
But I'm thinking that they'll have to wake up early.

It's a really fun song, and I love it, but it's just not really appropriate for small children. Check it out. I love the version sung by Sons of Maxwell. You can probably find it on Youtube. Also, while you're looking up Sons of Maxwell, watch their video for "The Queen of Argyle." LOVE ITTTT! I generally play it no less than five times in a row when the album plays. LOL

Darn. That reminded me. I lost everything saved on this computer, including my entire iTunes library, and now I have to find the hard discs (which I haven't needed in years), and load them up again. But I have to hear these songs again now. LOL

OK, back to this, and sorry about going off there. It's 3:30 in the morning, and I had to take a pain pill, because the pain woke me up, so I'm very loopy now.

Anyway, this is a lot of fun! I like how you're loading the neighborhood with newly-graduated (or just aged to adult, if they don't go through college) sims to populate it.

You know, I read the rules, and it seemed to say you had to delete all characters, and not load up new townies/NPCs, but only marry townies/NPCs, and how the heck is that supposed to work? I can't follow the logic, there.

Speaking of logic, WHAT THE HECK, KENNEDY? Some sims seem to be hard-coded for a specific aspiration, no matter what their aspiration actually says. He's such a romancer.

Also, mods are great, but whatever you do, don't load the incest mod. It's out there, and just waiting to totally screw up a neighborhood like this, with all the oodles of relatives.

Also, whenever I have more than one household with the same name, it never fails that "FamilyFunds" cheat always changes the money for any other family by that name, rather than the one I actually have selected or actually loaded for play. Why is that? I've had to resort to doing a combination of "kaching," and the "nuke" object, to buy the right amount of objects to then destroy (at $1 per, so add that to the math), in order to get the right amount in the bank. It's such a pain. So, I hope you have the kids take their father's name (there's a cheat/mod/object for that, right?) BEFORE they move out. Or, wait, it would take the adult's name, right? Whatever. Anyway, be careful about that, now you have adults in the sim bin. May I recommend moving in one of their lovers, with a different name, and then merging in all the Lorde sims in the bin (who will fit)? That way, they're in a household with a different name, and won't screw up your FamilyFunds if you ever need to do that. But then, you're not doing that, anyway, so never mind.

Oh, and butlers! YEEESH! Butlers in this game are awful, aren't they? Even nannies are better than that. At least they won't serve dinner after dinner after dinner, when the babies are crying for bottles, and there's nobody else around. They'll just stand in the bathroom, peeing themselves, because reasons.

You know, the munchibot is expensive, but it will keep your sims fed, and combine that with the maid and a gardener, and now and then a repairman or exterminator, and you don't need a stupid butler. Just sayin'.

Hehehehe. Maybe I should play a "Butler" challenge, next. Basically, you have to hire a butler the first day and make it through the entire legacy with a butler on hand, every day, without murdering him in frustration. There's a challenge for you.

Also, I'm sure glad you're playing the kids through to adulthood, because I do enjoy reading and watching them grow up. And I think it's so sweet that they want to get to know their siblings!

After reading this, I'm seriously debating whether or not to add Inteenimator (and possibly enable adult wants for teens) to my game. I haven't added ACR, yet, either. I'm afraid. LOL
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

Michelle:
*opens spoiler* Woah boy. Now I have something to do for the rest of the bus ride.
Spoiler:
BEES! Few of my sims take nature walks, so it was a hilarious surprise :lol:

That IS an inappropriate song xD Now I want to create a sim called Mary Mack and make some kind of story line to it. Will check out Sons of Maxwell (think I've seen them mentioned somewhere before?).

It will be interesting to see ALL the kids grown up, living their lives. And it just struck me that I will have more or less 60 households at the end of the challenge, maybe fewer if some of the siblings move together. Think I'll continue playing them and just include family photos and basic facts like employment.

I can't really follow the logic of the one who wrote that either. Maybe something like "don't create your own townies"?

Kennedy is one of the few sims in my game that have actually made use of ACR while I'm playing another lot. We'll see if I change that secondary Knowledge of his to Romance.

Aside from the moral aspect of using such a mod, I'm too freaked out about game corruption as it is :P I think the grandchildren of the current children will be able to marry each other, since the game doesn't seem to count secondary cousins.

Ah, the joy of money cheats... I actually change the household names and each of the kid's last names to the one of their father to ensure no such thing occurs (and to keep better track of who is who). Upon growing up, I think I'll let at least one child of each batch keep their surname and have the rest take those of their lovers'.

I haven't tried out munchbots before :hmm: And all those other chores could be taken care of by a Servo (except for the extermination thing). Now I have another trade for a future drone to pick up!

If I may add to that idea of yours: each heir must have such a relationship to the butler that he'll constantly give you the "do you want to hang out?" message :mrgreen: And at least one of them should be impregnated by that same butler.

These kids automatically develop such personalities that I cannot not play them further. Plus I have a specific purpose for populating the neighborhood <.< Playing them through their wants is kind of like a play-test to the Wantacy. Thanks for giving me feedback on that as well!

ACR is highly customizable, and can really add flavor to your game. InTeen and adult wants are my way of making teen Romance sims more interesting, since I also have a mod that makes teens keep their loves when growing up. If you decide to use them, make sure to disable the autonomy for apocalypse sims! Unless you want to make it harder, of course.
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
MichelleCYoung

Post Counts

Post by MichelleCYoung »

Yeah, sorry about the comment explosion there.
Spoiler:
Oh, befriend and seduce the butler? Cool!

You know, I'm thinking that the game might not even recognize great-great-grandparents. Eww. Not going to follow that train of thought.

Good luck with the Wantasy!

There are other, easier, ways to make an apocalypse harder. Wait. That didn't come out right.
Badass Alphabetocalypse (Complete!)
All of my other projects should be moved to the graveyard. But I have a new computer, at last! WOOOOT!

Return to “Sims 2 Story Graveyard”