Site Admin
Steam ID: tjsmetana
Origin ID: tsmetana
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Re: SimNaWriMo - General Chat Thread

Post by Teresa »

Good thing I got so many updates out at the beginning. With work blowing up this month, and not getting any better this coming week, I haven't had the desire to play. At least there are still two more weeks remaining...
Completing challenges & legacies since 2007 | Completed Stories
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

I hope things clear up for you, Teresa!

Meanwhile, I've posted an Heir Poll if you guys want to chip in. I don't mind if you read my legacy or not - votes help!
Echoweaver
Origin ID: Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

lumasong wrote:I hope things clear up for you, Teresa!

Meanwhile, I've posted an Heir Poll if you guys want to chip in. I don't mind if you read my legacy or not - votes help!
Heh. I'm interested in your legacy, but I voted without having read about any of these characters yet :). Ah well, that's what happens when you post an heir poll here, so I feel no guilt!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Waypoint: Nothing Is Free
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

Echoweaver wrote:

Heh. I'm interested in your legacy, but I voted without having read about any of these characters yet :). Ah well, that's what happens when you post an heir poll here, so I feel no guilt!

=D Like I said, I don't mind if you vote without reading. No guilt necessary!

I started playing Don't Starve this morning instead of the Sims. Bad self! My updates are already behind.
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

lumasong wrote:
Echoweaver wrote:

=D Like I said, I don't mind if you vote without reading. No guilt necessary!

I started playing Don't Starve this morning instead of the Sims. Bad self! My updates are already behind.
Depending on how plotty and how far behind you are, playing may end up with taking your story in a different direction. Foreshadowing and all.
Radiochocolate
Sweden

Post Counts

Post by Radiochocolate »

I second Ani-Mei.

Bit by bit, I'm writing my way towards the bronze medal. As one might expect, the free time I had last week didn't amount to much on the simming behalf of things. Now that I have regular school hours and am going to be separated from my computer for a few days, I of course feel the burning urge to caption my updates!
//Currently on a non-committed hiatus from Boolprop and Sims//
Iron Values TPC | Sim!Mia | Simbia Penal Colony BaCC
Sunny's Monster Mash | Sim Scrabble: a TS2 Name Game
Chase
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: ziekenz
United States of America

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Chase »

I'm really hoping I can get a computer that can handle The Sims in the next couple weeks! :guilty: If I can, I'm totally planning a super-quick but super-meaningful trilogy :shifty: Perhaps a poetic asylum, or something...
hello! :heartbeat:
DSLady
Steam ID: dslady13
Ireland

Post Counts

Post by DSLady »

I have done nothing for like the first two weeks... Got one update out (5.7) in the first few days and then didn't even touch the game! But now I have enough pictures to make it up to 5.15! I just need to caption them all...

Also, how are people coping with heir polls?? My first potential heir of Gen Six has just hit YA, so I don't want to play a lot more (plus all my backlogged screenshots) but it might make the difference between silver and gold for me!
The Gordon Legacy - Complete?
The Hot Ladies Association - Liv's Adventures in TS4
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

You could run the heir poll while you write up the pictures you have? I do my heir polls as teens so I don't have to wait - they're usually over once the oldest teen hits YA. I've got plenty of votes pretty quickly from posting the poll here (thanks everyone!), so I have a pretty good idea who the heir will be already.
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

I think I'm going to update my story one last time for SimNaWriMo, since I have the next mini update already written, and then go back to working on the main update as I normally would. I'm struggling to get the pacing of the rest of the chapter to feel right, especially when trying to divide it into 10 sections, and I think at this point I'd rather have a nice polished chapter than rushing it for that gold medal. :lol:

Good luck to everyone else! Also, how would you guys feel about this challenge returning next fall? :)
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

Heather wrote:Good luck to everyone else! Also, how would you guys feel about this challenge returning next fall? :)
I'm on board that hype train! Toot! Toot! :bounce:

That is if I can get myself together enough to get three and half( I'm working on update 7 in another tab) in the next twelve days to finish this year! :jawdrop: So much to do, so little gumption to do it with!
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

I would definitely enjoy having it next fall!
Seera
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Seera »

I would also enjoy having it around next fall as well.
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

I'm also going to chime in in favour of this returning next fall. :fluffy:

...obviously I still haven't had time for an update. Last week it was because of Thanksgiving, this week it was because of work and a concert I went to on one of my nights off, which left me without any time to sit down and write. I'm hoping I can do an update tonight and possibly tomorrow, but first I must sleep.

I'm still aiming for silver, mostly because I really want to get to my heir poll and Generation 6 taking over!
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
DSLady
Steam ID: dslady13
Ireland

Post Counts

Post by DSLady »

I am so up for it coming back next year! Though.. maybe we could do it earlier? But that would probably clash with people starting school/uni again? Idk, I've just struggled this month with it being halloween and the end of seasons in other things I play - but next year might be different so probably ignore me :spin:
The Gordon Legacy - Complete?
The Hot Ladies Association - Liv's Adventures in TS4
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

^ We could definitely look into doing it at a different point in the year. Kind of like how they have Camp NaNoWriMo in July, I think? I agree that it's a super busy time of year, especially those in school/uni. :)
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

I am definitely down for the return of this challenge! I do like the sound of it slightly earlier in the year because work picks up for me around now (and hopefully next year I'll be back at uni!) but you can definitely count me in :)
Jenn
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Steam ID: oxjennxo
Origin ID: xoxjennxox
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Completed Challenges

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

Post Counts

Post by Jenn »

I knew as soon as there was a challenge I would start out well and then almost assuredly falter partway through. I got to the 7th update at least. Now Fallout 4 finally (after 4 months of fighting with Steam) downloaded, Sims 3 is working on my computer again and I started a new legacy on that, I also hit Gen. 10 on my main family, so I'd much rather play that too. I seem to have lost all interest in Sims 2. I turned my game on the other day and it sat there paused for hours and then I shut it off.

It's to the point where I think, "Maybe I'll play sims 2 today." and then turn on Dragon Age Inquisition instead. But today is the day. I will have to play today. I have no clue what hit me, since I am usually doing 10-20 updates last month in the same period it took me to do 7 this month.

The hubby has been on vacation and underfoot all week and the youngest boy has had a three day weekend on top of a parent conference he didn't tell anyone about. Probably for that F in math, which is topped with 5 A's and 3 B's. So, we have to deal with his math hate.

On that note, I did enjoy this and I would definitely do it if it returns next year.
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

I started off well too but have now gotten absorbed in my BACC which can't count because I don't have enough pictures and words so 7 is my new target! Enjoy Fallout 4 Jenn! It's so good
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Im loving that you guys would love to see this event return - maybe at a slightly different time of year. Maybe summer?

Return to “SimNaWriMo Archive”