Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Re: SimNaWriMo - General Chat Thread

Post by Ani-Mei »

Just got my eighth update out, Aqua is hard colour to see on this forum's colour scheme. Sorry about that. :rotfl:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Steam ID: spacedoggity
Origin ID: pixeldollhouse
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Ani-Mei wrote:Just got my eighth update out, Aqua is hard colour to see on this forum's colour scheme. Sorry about that. :rotfl:
Why would you do this to us? You're the worst kind of person. :lol:

this is a joke I promise
Pony
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Ukraine

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Pony »

Only eight hours left in my vacation and I haven't done nearly as much as I wanted. But I going to be a writing fiend these next eight hours. My goal is to get two more updates done. I'm a little more than halfway done with one already so it's crunch time!!!!!
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

I tried to post but it booted me off. Aqua is a hard colour to see since it's so bright. At least in the PowerPoints I can shadow the words in aqua so they can be seen. There's no shadow option here. :spin:
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Yeah, I think the only thing you could really do is change it to a less saturated aqua, kind of like this.
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Congratulations to all of those really making progress on their stories! I'm working on update four for mine!
It would help if my chapters weren't so long, but it just doesn't feel right to break them down.

Of course, it's Midterm time for me, and I work full time. My world is kind of on fire right now. I joke that I'm just sitting in it casually saying, "yeah, this is fine."
The worst part is, now that I'm stuck only writing papers for college, I'm getting all these wonderful, creative ideas for my stories and NOT for college-level observations on children and Political Science papers... :roll:
If nothing else, I've at least made it to bronze (though I think we mentioned if chapters go over the limit that we could count those as multiple updates, but I'm not sure if this is still the case or not)! Good luck to everyone out there! I look forward to the end of the month when I can go through and read everyone's updates finally without feeling bogged down by the millions of other things I have to do!
Mojo
House of Motherlode
House of Motherlode
United States of America

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Winners Choice

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Mojo »

:wave: Hello everyone! I have a quick favor to ask of you! For my story for SimNaWriMo, I've hit the end of a generation which means heir poll! So I need your help in picking an heir! Any votes would be appreciated!

A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy Heir Poll

Ongoing:
A Wilde ISBI Alphabetcy | A Swift Drift | The Mons: A Pokémon Baby Challenge
The Huckles | Mojo's Achievement Challenge (10 Total Challenges) | Ms Robinson Makes Babies |

Complete:
View all Completed Challenges Here: Mojo's Finished Challenges
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Awards:

Spoiler:
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

Just wanted to post congratulations to Ani-Mei for getting the golden pencil!

I put up my 10th post last night, a day later than I wanted, but oh well. Are we still allowed to continue posting here, even though we 'beat' the challenge? I still have the rest of October to make progress on my legacy, and having a little contest running helps with the motivation.
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Thank you! :#1: And I see no reason why you have to stop at 10 updates, the medal requirements say 10+ updates in the month and the month isn't even half over yet. So I say keep going! I think I can finish my Rainbowcy before Halloween which is at least another 5 updates. :whome:
lumasong

Post Counts

Post by lumasong »

:highfive:

Even by my vague and loose estimates, I still need at least another 50 updates to finish my legacy, so it definitely won't be done this month. :spin: My goal is to have it finished by the end of the year, but that still requires more than one update every other day, so fairly ambitious. We'll see how it goes.
Emily Whalers

Post Counts

Post by Emily Whalers »

Wow, congratulations on getting the golden pencil, Ani-Mei and lumasong! :party: I don't even have enough updates saved up for that one, so I'm shooting for silver myself. I would play ahead, but I only have seven updates saved up, and I need to have an heir poll, and I'm probably going to run out of time to update five more times, post the poll, wait for the poll to finish, play enough for three more updates, and post them. :indifferent:

My updating has hit a bit of snag, actually. Thanksgiving weekend ended up being a lot busier than I thought, and I'd hoped to post update #3 on Sunday night or Monday morning, but my boyfriend and I got tied up with family stuff. Work was super busy last night too, so when I got home I just wanted to go right to sleep. I should have the day off tomorrow (assuming I'm not needed to work overtime) and I hope I can post an update!
The Scatterday Matriarchy - Chapter 5.9 and 5.10 published October 31, 2016
Heather
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Post Counts

Post by Heather »

Congrats to the two of you for reaching gold so early into the month! :toast:

I have a small victory for myself: I hit three updates, so at the very least, I'll be able to earn the bronze pencil. :lol: I've got another update already shot and written, so hopefully I can pull off anther 3 after that for silver.
Jesslb429
House of Plumbob
House of Plumbob
Location: Miles past sanity and a few feet from full blown loon
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Jesslb429 »

Oh my gosh guys! Congrats on the gold! :woot: :party:

I've been trying to get my first gen 1 update out, but with my mental health not being great and wordpress being uncooperative when I'm able to work, I'm kinda stuck in a proverbial bramble patch. Plus the Minecraft server I'm apart of just issued a new build challenge and I've been popping in and out of there when wordpress isn't working.
ImageImageImageImageImage
26 Little Failures The Zany Zanes: An OWBC{Completed}
"Vastly complex while still being a little stupid"
Livvielove
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Steam ID: Aradyn
Origin ID: LivvieLoveSims

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

Post Counts

Post by Livvielove »

Woohoo! Congratulations to everyone with their gold! That's fantastic!

I'm happy to have gotten a bronze thus far, but I'm still hoping to at least get silver! I finally finished my midterms today so I'm back in the swing of writing! I'm so excited! Come on everyone! We can do this!
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

:hugs: Well done for gettiing 10 (and mroe by the sounds of things) updates! Keep going with it, use this month to stay inspired and get ahead on updating :party:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

Yeah, I just posted my twelfth update today. I want to post another one too I have all the pics I need for at least three or four more and those pics just cover the first year of college for my Pink gen kids. :heartbeat:
Echoweaver
Origin ID: Echoweaver
United States of America

Post Counts

Post by Echoweaver »

This is a fantastic idea for a challenge. I've actually been on a posting binge anyway, but for some reason this really drew me back to Boolprop. I'm subscribed to a few threads that I still participate in, but for some reason I drifted away from participating in the forums a whole.

So! Hey, and old simmer never dies, she just goes on hiatus.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Waypoint: Nothing Is Free
Abby
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

Post by Abby »

Im loving how this event is bringing everyone together to play the sims, and motivating some people who otherwise may have lacked motivation to play! :D
I know that personally I am playing a lot more than I have recently, and im enjoying knowing that everyone else is playing too!
cynicalbadger

Post Counts

Post by cynicalbadger »

Agreed, this has definitely drawn me back to boolprop too. I feel more active than I have in a long time and I'm even reading other challenges which I fell behind in doing so yes, this event is amazing :party2:
Ani-Mei
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

Achievements / Awards

Seasonal Events

House Flair

Post Counts

Post by Ani-Mei »

So does this count as the Tip Top Event? It seems competition is good for all our simming souls and maybe there should be a medal given to Michelle for making an event that brought a lot of us back to the site. Just my two cents. :#1:

Return to “SimNaWriMo Archive”