BNTM Season 11 - Round 1 RESULTS

Rosanna
Palmer's Minions
Palmer's Minions

Post Counts

BNTM Season 11 - Round 1 RESULTS

Post by Rosanna »

Woohoo, first round of results for BNTM! Overall a great job from everyone, we're all very excited for the upcoming rounds.

Round 1 top three
Spoiler:
gryffindork
DSLady
modelmgt
Comments
Spoiler:
KatieCat
Love the humor + creativity, but think the second shot could have been stronger.
Playful and fun entry! I really enjoyed the angle you chose for the bonfire shot. And what's not to like about him striking a pose in the nude? However, the headshot is too far away, and the bug looks like he has something on his face.
I like the sense of humour that you finish the set off with, I feel like you got a bit caught up between seasons and weather so the concept was a bit lost. Regardless, the sense of humour and the clever framing bring the piece up! Overall nicely done!
A really good entry! However, I think the headshot photo should have been a lot closer - a head and shoulders photo! :)
The headshot should have been much closer, loved the humour though

Heather
A very solid entry. The first shot is great, but would have liked to see a bit more creativity and the second and third photos.
Nice entry, with really nice posing and facial expressions. I really enjoyed the first picture with the sparkler. I did feel each picture had a singular color tone going on, and I felt this made them appear a bit flat.
A nice entry with a very creative take on the concept. Use of lighting was good! A really adept set of pictures and shows a lot of skill but also probably within your comfort zone: I know you can go even further next round!
A lovely entry, really had a good feel for the seasons - and I loved the whole advertising side of it too. Well done!
Very well done. When I first saw it, I thought "when did Round 2 start". I did feel that the attention was drawn more to the product than the actual sim though.

Gryffindork
Loved the instagram concept - thought it was hilarious. Overall fantastic entry, however I do think it was a bit more seasons oriented than weather.
I adore this model, and I think you took a good risk with the facial hair. It can be tricky, but it works on Ceviche. Such a fun and creative entry, but definitely more of a "Seasons" than a "Weather" approach.
I really liked the instagram concept! But I think you lost sight of the 'weather' theme for seasons instead. Seven points for the framing and the sets and the photos in general, if the theme was seasons I'd score a lot higher!
Amazing! All photos were really well staged, propped and shot. Especially loved the instagram twist to it. My only nitpicky thing is all the photos appeared to have this 'dark' lighting edit to them, I don't know if that was intended as the instagram filters though!
I really loved the Instagram concept, which seems to be the general consensus amongst us judges. The shots showed a bit dark on my side, but overall, a very attractive sim and well thought out creativity.

Teresa
Solid entry, but would have liked to see a bit more creativity.
Bright, lively and colorful entry with an adorable model. The expressions in the last two shots is very similar, and I'd like a little more variety in her face. Loved the bubble slide
I like how the time of day visibly changes throughout the set: it really shows your concept and gives the appearance of a long fun day in the sun! The last shot was really bought down by the darkness however and could have done with some lighting and a bit of scenery to make it feel more cohesive.
Loved the first two pictures - I got a real summer feel from them! Last picture could have been staged a bit better though in my opinion, maybe actually include the grill!
I do like how the model is dressed and the overall summery feel to the shots. The headshot really shows off the pert little upturn to the model's nose, which I thought was nice.

Jesslb429
Great job with the theme. You're off to a great start!
I adore the freestyle shot, wonderful expression in the night rain. I enjoyed her hair and clothing also. Cute magic message. I know you opted for midnight rain, but the entry ended up being a bit dark.
I like the PSA concept: it really gave a sense of story to the pictures. I wish the headshot looked more clearly 'rainy' but I like the strong theming through the last two and the way you used the same type of weather but differed each shot from the other!
The model was posed well throughout, and the pictures had a real rainy 'gloomy' feel. Well done!
I really liked how the shots were staged, and adding the magic element in was really funny. I do wish that the shots had a bit better lighting so that the full effect could more clearly be seen

DSLady
Great entry! Really liked the creativity and humor in it
Cute entry from a cute model! I really enjoyed the picture from the gym, love her eyes, hair and TEETH. Really great, colorful entry.
Fantastic entry! I loved your humour through it all and the shots are very nice with personality in your model's poses and facial expression.
Loved the last photo especially!
The first shot's comment of the skin being on fire, just cracked me up, and you could see on her face that she really wasn't enjoying it. The second shot didn't really give me a rainy feel, although the model was well posed

milaek
Huge improvement from your intro round entry, nice work!! Would have liked to see a different concept for the third photo though, it was too similar to the first.
Cute clothes and accessories, this is a very stylish model! Expression is very similar in all the pics, so watch for variety. I think you did a great job watching the background, so keep it up!
I really liked the second shot, though it could have done with some brightening up I really understood your idea and it made me feel like I was there on the night too. The last shot is good pose wise but in the ways of setting and appearance it's very similar to your first!
Loved the last photo! It really looks like she's putting suncreen on! However, in the second photo it was really dark and it took me a good minute before I saw the teapot and what your model was doing! My tip for next round make sure scenes are well lit. :D
I really wish that she could have been shown to her full potential, but the shots just seemed a bit too similar to me. I do think she is a wonderful choice and there is so much potential here

modelmgt
A very solid entry. Nice job
I love that you really worked with the theme of this round. The background in your headshot is just a bluish blob of snow, so I wanted a little more there. However, the other two shots are adorable, and I enjoyed your creativity!
Concept and setting is solid through out. Picture quality is a factor but not so important with the strong cohesiveness, sense of life, and story between each of your shots. Well done!
Loved the jumping in the rain picture! Overall, I feel like what let your entry down was picture quality. I apologise though if this is a PC problem though rather than a photo taking, but thought id make the suggestion. :) Great entry though!
When is a post by you never unique? I love the creativity and the dancing in the rain reference.

singinghymns
The last shot is really great, but I think the border sort of took attention away from your model in the first photo. Also not quite sure the second photo was weather-y enough
I love that final shot, excellent capture!  I do think the border you used is a little distracting and didn't add anything to the entry.  But I really enjoyed this whimsical entry! 
Your first and last photos were great! I really loved the pose and life you have in the shot! However that second photo needed some livening up in the background: the grey concrete and your model's outfit meant she was really lost in the shot.
That last photo was amazing! Well angled, and well shot!!! Loved it.
I loved the last shot, she was just so chilled and looked like she was having the time of her life. I liked the use of the bird-feeder as a prop, in the 2nd shot.

Return to “BTNM Archive”